IGNORED

United States of Bates Debut Excitement MERGED

homeschoolmomma1

http://jezebel.com/quiverfull-movement/

There's an interesting conversation happening in the comments section of this article... I REALLY wish that we could invite Feberize, whose claims her husband is the producer of 19KAC, over here to spill all the gossip, but she's already said that she can't because her husband would be sued and lose his job. She says though that he has some stories that would "make your teeth curl". It would be VERY interesting to see what ends up on the editing floor or when the cameras aren't rolling...

We'll hear of it sooner or later. 19KAC can't last more than a couple of seasons.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, the Duggar's matching outfits are way less offensive than that neon green

http://jezebel.com/quiverfull-movement/

There's an interesting conversation happening in the comments section of this article... I REALLY wish that we could invite Feberize, whose claims her husband is the producer of 19KAC, over here to spill all the gossip, but she's already said that she can't because her husband would be sued and lose his job. She says though that he has some stories that would "make your teeth curl". It would be VERY interesting to see what ends up on the editing floor or when the cameras aren't rolling...

I can't navigate the comments section at all. Any tips?

I screen capped it, if you'd like to see. Nothing much. Basically Feberized said that her husband produces the show and the crew (and her husband) has bets on who will make it out of the cult.

I think I've figured out the world's biggest secret! Voldemort lives!!!! as crazy religious nutjob named jboob! Who would have suspected him? Its a perfect cover.

No. Voldemort's too smart to do that... give the evil genius a break, I don't think Voldemort would bother. :roll:

The kissing over the crib takes the cake.

Edit to add image

Is that taken by a professional? It's so dark...

Who was it that said they're trying to play two different angles with the two different families (the Duggars as modern-day 1950s bliss, the Bates as down-country farmers)? The logos say it all.

Oh boy! Which blandness type do I want? B or D? Lol. It reminds me of that 1 KidFarm episode where the Engvalls (sp?) find out that there time slot is going to be taken by the Duggles. :lol:

Oops. I didn't realize that the Duggar thread crossed over to the Bateses and the links were already put up there.

Nothing to see here. :mrgreen:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/bates-family-19-children-2-080000864.html

Totally vomiticious and very disingenuous, especially on the part of Zack.

They were also on Nightline last night doing the Duggars' "yokels in the Big Bad City" bit. I won't link that because it's really just Duggars 2.0.

Boo! It says the video is not available in my location. Any chance on you sharing the highlights, marmalade?

So I watched the video and thought to myself could the interviewer have been lazier? First off the whole focusing on her career line by Kelly irritates the crap at of me. The reason being is Gil and her were married right when she finished college and I do not think she even had a career established. After all a few weeks into the marriage according to Gil and Kelly they decided to let God decide their family size. Also the whole we only thought we would have 2 or 3 reeks of pure wth. Gil has a minor in biology I mean come on he knew they were not going to have only a few, barring maybe if Kelly had an undiagnosed infertility disorder. The funnier thing stating that Kelly had been a nurse and Kelly having to correct her. I was going really. Then the whole no debt crap again, but not asking about medical bills. Of course then not delving into harder questions and doing another fluff piece. Ah GMA never fails to impress with purely lazy journalism. I did think having Chris Rock on right after them was hilarious.

Wonder how Chris Rock would have reacted had he known who's picture The Bates had up in their patriotic room :shock:

I think this is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvL7ffr5TLw

right? Sorry if its not!

That's the Nightline "Bumpkins in the Big, Bad City" video. My link was a studio sit-down done yesterday morning. They were wearing their new blog get-ups. They didn't correct the interviewer when she said Zack was "working and going to college" and were evasive when asked when he was going to move out. Princess Erin was her usual, haughty self. Alyssa is fast turning into the Jill Duggar of this family. Girl is mainlining the kool-aid.

Fuckin tourists.

Stay out of my city. I can only imagine the other people who had to suffer through a subway ride with them.

It had the intro of them in the City then went to the sit down in the Studio, so yeah thats the one!

I am highly irritated by the lazy fluffy promotional tour journalism too!

Hard to watch and I don't see a big future for this show. Like that Kelly was wearing a Michelle Duggar blue shirt--is that the new TV star outfit.

How sad that a guy Lawson's age thinks going grocery shopping every other day is a lot of fun.

I can't see the public being very interested in this as the 19 CHILDREN line was somewhat ruined by the fact there's another more famous family who has done the same thing with 19 children.

I had no idea they took hormones to help a pregnancy. WTF

Even if these two families were asked tough questions, I highly doubt they would give the "right" answer. They would more than likely give us an answer they think we would want to hear.

As for United Bates of America (crappy title, by the way), the show isn't going to last and it's amazing just how desperate TLC has become to boost ratings. People will watch the first season to know the family and how they differ or are similar to the Duggars and then will get bored when they start showing field trip episodes. The Bates will act like larger than life and then we'll have Zack create a twitter, facebook and Instagram account with stupid crap for attention from leghumpers and critics.

That's the Nightline "Bumpkins in the Big, Bad City" video. My link was a studio sit-down done yesterday morning. They were wearing their new blog get-ups. They didn't correct the interviewer when she said Zack was "working and going to college" and were evasive when asked when he was going to move out. Princess Erin was her usual, haughty self. Alyssa is fast turning into the Jill Duggar of this family. Girl is mainlining the kool-aid.

Haha, Yes! Totally agree on Alyssa being their Jill, and If I hear one more kid say "ah, it's...Fun!" to a generic question about chores...

Archived