IGNORED

File Under: When you thought Lori couldn't be any crueler...

Thanks, latraviata!

I just posted this on her FB page:

And it will be deleted in 3, 2, 1...

Well done. I like what you said on the food post as well. What I like about FB is that she doesn't get to approve the comments before they go through. Makes it much harder for her to convince the fansubmissives that she's unquestionable. The way she deletes comments on her blog you'd think everyone in the world agreed with her.

Ps. It's weird to see you guys posting under "real" names. It's hard to think of people here as something other than their screen name. :lol:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Random question inspired by awmom's post; is dessert every night really that common? We don't have dessert around here unless it's a special occasion or the kids are with their grandparents. (Then, apparently, anything goes.) Part of it is I'm not a big dessert fan and part of it is so Picky Eater can't fill up on sweets, I won't lie. But even when I was growing up, dessert was a once in a while treat. Is dessert really that common?

Growing up we had dessert almost every night. It was often jello or pudding, which we all loved.

Ps. It's weird to see you guys posting under "real" names. It's hard to think of people here as something other than their screen name. :lol:

Where is her FB page? There are too many people with the same name to find it by searching for her name. PM if necessary.

Never mind, found it. Duh, there's a link on her blog.

This is making me want my mother's banana pudding. It was the real deal w/ vanilla wafers and meringue. So good!

Well done. I like what you said on the food post as well. What I like about FB is that she doesn't get to approve the comments before they go through. Makes it much harder for her to convince the fansubmissives that she's unquestionable. The way she deletes comments on her blog you'd think everyone in the world agreed with her.

It is just part of my complicated and elaborate name for obvious reasons ;) ;)

There is photograph too :( :(

I have noticed that on the blog, Lori cherry picks when she wants to delete comments. If you look at her posting on stay at home dads, she allowed comments from stay at home dads to be posted. I remember one of the comments slammed her. I think she allowed those comments to be posted, so she would like a "righteous Christian woman" while the stay at home dads that left comments would like "ebil men who are against the Bible". She also did a posting on women and college and she allowed several comments that disagreed with her to be posted. Again, I thinks she only allowed those comments to be posted, so her fangirls could bash those people and then praise her.

This is making me want my mother's banana pudding. It was the real deal w/ vanilla wafers and meringue. So good!

We had a commercial about banana custard in the Netherlands, chimpansees were given the choice between a banana and the banana custard, obviously they preferred the banana custard.

Here is the footage what really happened with chimpansees, when the choice was given:

GM-4u-4g1xQ

Y'all are a horrible influence. I think I now must make a cake for Friday's dinner. Maybe even chocolate.... :lol:

Damn, my comments from 10 minutes ago are gone and I'm banned. All I said was that if a woman only wanted sex once/month maybe there's a medical reason, like pain or a UTI every time she has sex.

Sounds a bit over the top.......and I can't make the connection between the 15 foods and speech, little do I know...... :(

Speech therapists deal with swallowing problems, which may be part of eating problems. For example, that was major part of her job when working with ALS patients. Her youngest client is a 15 month old who cannot swallow properly and is not getting enough nutrition.I gave a suggestion for another avenue of help, not a suggestion that the child has speech problems. Alarmist? No. Trying to be helpful? Yes. Don't get your knickers in a knot!

Not surprised Lori deleted the comments. I also laughed, but also cringed at the one of the fangirls who left the following comment

Jennifer

I appreciate your blog and you taking the time to write... Thank you, the younger woman

I'm 27 and I do value the advice of a lot of older women. I think Lori is probably one of the worst older women to look up to. She gives nothing but shitty advice.

Speech therapists deal with swallowing problems, which may be part of eating problems. For example, that was major part of her job when working with ALS patients. Her youngest client is a 15 month old who cannot swallow properly and is not getting enough nutrition.I gave a suggestion for another avenue of help, not a suggestion that the child has speech problems. Alarmist? No. Trying to be helpful? Yes. Don't get your knickers in a knot!

I was also going to be post about speech therapists deal with swallowing problems. My boyfriend's mom is a retired occupational therapist. She worked mostly with disabled adults and she often talked about the roles that speech therapists, physical therapists, and other health professionals have when it comes to rehabilitation and therapies. She worked with people with brain and spinal cord injuries and often times she observed speech therapists helping patients learn to swallow again and make nutrition plans to accommodate the patients' needs.

Fair enough, but what about the fifteen foods?

Sounds a bit over the top.......and I can't make the connection between the 15 foods and speech, little do I know...... :(

Presumably the connection is she helps children who have poor muscle tone in their jaws and therefore have trouble a. speaking and b. eating. I'm thinking that most likely she does NOT do much to help children whose main problem is the diet, just those who have an oral problem that causes problems in eating as well as in her primary focus, speech.

She deleted all our comments!

Can't have anyone contradicting her. She was sent by god to teach women you know. :roll:

Presumably the connection is she helps children who have poor muscle tone in their jaws and therefore have trouble a. speaking and b. eating. I'm thinking that most likely she does NOT do much to help children whose main problem is the diet, just those who have an oral problem that causes problems in eating as well as in her primary focus, speech.

Yes, I agree, but the initial comment was about the fifteen foods.

Can't have anyone contradicting her. She was sent by god to teach women you know. :roll:

Yes and why choose for the nice and reasonable way when you can do it in the most cruel way, which is obviously more fun.

We can't even comment anymore.

As far as a child who eats less than 15 foods, that is typical for a child with autism or aspergers. My son has only a few foods he will eat and we have to work with him on this issue.

Not sure if it is typical but my nephew only has certain foods he will eat (Aspergers) Chicken Goujons any make, McDonald's Chicken nuggets. Peas (uncooked) in a bowl on the plate. Carrots, grapes, cheddar cheese which has to be orange. White toast. Any form of chip or fry and just about any sweet the shop has to offer but not crisps. Unfortunately he gets very upset if my daughter does not eat exactly the same thing. They are the same age. Yes, he is very overweight.

He has been staying for a week. It has been difficult. Although I do not agree with what his parents do, they are not really open to any dialogue on this which is their prerogative and too long a story to go in to.

Games we have played this week. Pick a funny looking fish from the fish counter IF you try it, New App for i-pad. Salmon on BBQ new favourite. Vegetable aisle if you can pick and help prepare and eat 6 different colours on one plate, New App for i-pad. We bought white cheddar and orange food dye, grated it and dyed it. (What a feckin' mess that made) A few other fun things. Yes I admit bribery was my main tool.

I love my nephew to distraction. But not enough to feed my daughter his diet for a week. They both had fun, ate well, we had treats (Well I AM his Aunty) But it was EXHAUSTING negotiating every meal, every decision and I totally take my hat off to anybody who has to deal with that daily.

As far as a child who eats less than 15 foods, that is typical for a child with autism or aspergers. My son has only a few foods he will eat and we have to work with him on this issue.

1. It can also be typical for autistic adults. Remember, we don't just go poof at the age of 18 or 21 :)

2. Autistics are somewhat more prone to sensory issues than the rest of the population. This, combined with a preference for the predictable, can mean that many autistics have trouble eating a wide variety of foods. But it's definitely not universal :)

3. All this conversation is reminding me of another issue that can cause "pickiness" - sinus problems! My mother was known in her family for being slightly picky as a child. Her parents mostly ignored it. She spent a year eating nearly nothing but spaghetti, salami, and one other food (I don't recall which one) and so that's all her parents fed her that year. She outgrew it. Years later, she realized that the foods she didn't like throughout childhood were all foods that take a long time to chew. She couldn't eat those foods because she was almost constantly stuffed up. If she closed her mouth to chew her food, she couldn't breathe!

I had similar sinus issues growing up (and now I suspect that both my mother and I suffered from asthma as well, though I can't understand why it was never diagnosed in either of us), but due to fine motor control problems my parents were happy enough to see me get through a meal without food in my hair. I just ate with my mouth open.

Thank you Conuly. People seem to be focusing on the 15 foods.15 foods is the cut-off for acceptance into the program. Until my daughter started her studies, I was unaware that SLPs worked with swallowing problems. The eating problems for the children in the program could be due to a number of problems, one of which could be swallowing. She works with autistic children, developmentally delayed children, children with psychological problems due to parental abuse....all of these fall under her job description.

It would seem to me that force-feeding a toddler, which Lori approves, could result in swallowing problems as part of the psychological damage suffered by that child in such a stressful situation. I cannot remember who wrote the post that I originally commented on, but I am not suggesting that person has inflicted any abuse, physical or mental, her child. I was just suggesting a possible source for help which I was unaware of when my children were young.

Well, this is what I was afraid of. From the comments:

This is an interesting article. I really hadn't thought of it from a spiritual perspective, and it makes me re-consider what we are doing. My oldest ate everything we put in front of her and loves all kinds of food. She eats her fruit and sometimes her vegetables before everything. Then, our second came along. We battled every meal. We tried to force bites...even as a baby she wouldn't put so many different things in her mouth. We sneak nutrients into smoothies. I don't cater to her - never have, never will. However, she has battle 26 hours a few different times over one bite. I won by literally shoving it in her mouth, but I decided it wasn't worth the battle. Seeing her fall apart, get weak and shaky - it made us all miserable. Meal times weren't enjoyable for so long. My husband was coming home and the first thing he experienced was a food battle. After reading a couple books I developed a different philosophy to it all. I provide the what (healthy and balanced options), the where (we all sit down at the table together) and the when (3 balanced meals with a afternoon healthy snack). She decides the how much or if at all. There are many meals she chooses to eat nothing. We say she still needs to be at the table with us. I have read from a number of sources that you get what you are trying to prevent. We want her to eat more so she'll eat less. She devours fruit, but she has yet to try any kind of meat or vegetable. She knows I put all sorts of vegetables in her smoothies, and she'll take them in that form. The theory is if you model healthy eating, they will eventually put it on their plate. Then, they'll eventually put it in their mouths. Then, they'll eventually swallow it. My husband and I were both incredibly picky as a child, and we now love all kinds of food options, so I've seen it as true in my life...except my mom did cater to me, so it's not a perfect example. I don't know.Like I said, bringing in the spiritual truths does make me re-think. We will see.

Lori's probably thrilled. This poor kid will probably end up going back to being tortured with food because of her stupid post. Why the fuck do these people think this woman has any idea what the hell she is talking about? What qualifications does she have? How about talking to a goddamned pediatrician instead of a know it all mommy blogger? Why do people have to be so damn cruel to their kids????

Thank you Conuly. People seem to be focusing on the 15 foods.15 foods is the cut-off for acceptance into the program. Until my daughter started her studies, I was unaware that SLPs worked with swallowing problems. The eating problems for the children in the program could be due to a number of problems, one of which could be swallowing. She works with autistic children, developmentally delayed children, children with psychological problems due to parental abuse....all of these fall under her job description.

It would seem to me that force-feeding a toddler, which Lori approves, could result in swallowing problems as part of the psychological damage suffered by that child in such a stressful situation. I cannot remember who wrote the post that I originally commented on, but I am not suggesting that person has inflicted any abuse, physical or mental, her child. I was just suggesting a possible source for help which I was unaware of when my children were young.

That makes perfect sense.

Just to be precise, I didn't bring up the 15 foods which are apparantly symptomatic for Autism.

I was just curious how 15 foods, speech teacher and autism are related.

Lori's probably thrilled. This poor kid will probably end up going back to being tortured with food because of her stupid post. Why the fuck do these people think this woman has any idea what the hell she is talking about? What qualifications does she have? How about talking to a goddamned pediatrician instead of a know it all mommy blogger? Why do people have to be so damn cruel to their kids????

Because they are morons.

Also, pretty sure if I decided that all I wanted to eat was purple foods I would find some other Moron on the internet to validate it and then you know ..it's right cos' the bible internet tells me so.

Oh dear, being Spritually cruel is just so much more effective sigh....

Archived