IGNORED

File Under: When you thought Lori couldn't be any crueler...

she goes off and posts about force feeding poor little Emma AGAIN.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/preventing-picky-eaters.html

Highlights:

There were several people who were upset that Ryan would make Emma eat her food.

Funny how she didn't post a single one of those comments isn't it?

Every morning, he prepares her breakfast and she eats it. One particular morning, she decided she didn't want it. Ryan told her she had to eat it. In between her crying, he would give her a small spoonful of mashed up food and she would eat it. He made her eat about 20 bitefuls.

"Disobediences takes many different forms." Not allowing your child to be a picky eater and dictate to you what they are going to eat seems to be good parenting to me.

Today, I was reading the Pearls' NGJ magazine.

NGJ....enough said.

Some of you may think that force feeding is just terrible. I disagree. You can train your taste buds to like anything.

This is another comment Lori has made about feeding time at their home:

One of them wouldn't pick up their raisans. We would tell her to pick them up, she would say "no", and we would spank her. She would cry for awhile. After awhile, we would again tell her to pick up her raisans. She refused. We spanked her again. We would make her stay where she was until she finally picked up her raisans. Ken and I would take turns because it was very tiring but oh, so worth it. None of our children had tantrums after that. They each had one but found out it didn't result in anything good and wasnt' worth it.

It can be found in the comments on this post:http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/03/breaking-their-will.html#idc-container

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, she says she eliminates all the critical comments so I didn't bother.

I feel sorry for all the kids but especially cringe when I read that some of these are talking about children they have adopted.Taking the pagan babies to beat Jesus into them?

It won't surprise anyone here, but in the comments it's so obvious that abuse just escalates:

"However I do have a friend who has such a storng willed daughter, they tried spanking, time out etc nothing worked.So they went for the cold shower method, ie: you hold her under the cold shower for 10 minutes. They were desperate, and she was very strong willed and it took several cold showers, but eventually worked. For her brother however he just needed the threat of the shower and that was enough. "

Don't they have Children's Services where these people live?

"However I do have a friend who has such a storng willed daughter, they tried spanking, time out etc nothing worked.So they went for the cold shower method, ie: you hold her under the cold shower for 10 minutes. They were desperate, and she was very strong willed and it took several cold showers, but eventually worked. For her brother however he just needed the threat of the shower and that was enough. "

Don't they have Children's Services where these people live?

I don't know, but if anyone ever needed to be put in jail for child cruelty it's those bastards. They are literally torturing children.

That's so sad :( And will probably backfire and lead to a picky eater later in life. Among other issues. Most definitely child abuse.

My daughter is very unpicky about food, because she always wanted to eat what my husband and I eat. No forcing needed.

What horrible parents. She is still just a baby, and is developing her sense of self. This is normal behavior.

My youngest is an extremely picky eater, and won't eat anything new. We will ask her to try 3 bites of a new food, and if she still doesn't like it, then she can have a sandwich. This way she at least tries it, but we won't force her to continue to eat it if she doesn't like it. I would never torture her by force feeding her. So sad.

Lori and her family disgust me quite a bit. She has blogged a few times about being proud that she raised her kids by using Pearl's methods and she blogged once that should people should pray for Michael Pearl. What they are doing to little Emma is pretty cruel. I hope Lori's other kids realize that it abuse and don't raise their children the Pearl way.

I don't know, but if anyone ever needed to be put in jail for child cruelty it's those bastards. They are literally torturing children.

Based on Lori's postings, her and her family live in somewhere in the L.A. area or maybe another southern California city. CPS is everywhere in the U.S. I hope at some point either Lori or her son or any of her other kids who torture their children end up having to deal with CPS. I think that day will come. A neighbor or someone who knows them is going to see how fucked up they are and will make a call.

Some of you may think that force feeding is just terrible. I disagree. You can train your taste buds to like anything.

Wow, she actually calls it force feeding? :shock:

I feel sorry for these kids. Sometimes people just.do.not.like. a certain food. I cannot stand green beans. I gagged on them during childhood, eventually my parents caught on that they weren't going down the gullet.

Wow, she actually calls it force feeding? :shock:

I feel sorry for these kids. Sometimes people just.do.not.like. a certain food. I cannot stand green beans. I gagged on them during childhood, eventually my parents caught on that they weren't going down the gullet.

This. I really feel sorry for Emma and any other future grandchildren of Lori and Ken. I don't think anyone can train their taste buds to like anything. I like a lot of different foods, but there are several foods that I can't stand either due to the taste or texture.

I feel sorry for those kids. What if the kids have a food allergy and this idiotic mother is force feeding her children to eat something that makes them sick not right away but several minutes later? She should be investigated for child abuse. I think forcing children to eat is really considered a form of child abuse. She shouldn't be so proud of what she is doing.

The bitch in me is hoping that Lori ends up in a real nice nursing home where is able to test her "you can train your taste buds to like anything" theory daily.

I feel sorry for those kids. What if the kids have a food allergy and this idiotic mother is force feeding her children to eat something that makes them sick not right away but several minutes later? She should be investigated for child abuse. I think forcing children to eat is really considered a form of child abuse. She shouldn't be so proud of what she is doing.

Or maybe the kid wasn't feeling well that day. Would serve her son right if his daughter vomited in his lap.

The bitch in me is hoping that Lori ends up in a real nice nursing home where is able to test her "you can train your taste buds to like anything" theory daily.

I'll join you in hoping for that.

People like them spend God knows how long beating their kid into obedience every day and go on about how tiring it is...and we're supposed to believe it's effective?

Her grown kids are probably going to hate her, so there's hope.

Me, too. This woman makes me feel :angry-cussing: :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: I've never come across someone as fundamentally (pun intended) evil as she is, with the exception of the Pearls.

it's only "effective" in that the children learn that to protest anything will bring them pain and so they give up (as opposed to "learning"). Makes for strong resentment and estrangement in adulthood.

You *can* teach your tastebuds to like a greater variety of foods... but that's YOUR tastebuds, nobody else's. And it involves not stressing yourself out over it and WANTING to increase the foods you eat. It does NOT involve shoving food down somebody else's throat, dear God.

Whatever happened to "whoever hurts these little ones"? I'd like to tie a millstone around her neck.

Or maybe the kid wasn't feeling well that day. Would serve her son right if his daughter vomited in his lap.

That would probably be considered some form of rebellion or disobedience and would therefore result in yet another spanking. :(

I couldn't force feed my kids if I wanted to. When we have dinner, if they don't want to finish their meal, then fine. But they aren't getting a snack later until they finish their dinner. Pretty simple. But honestly, this is rarely an issue. And generally, they get up and run off some energy and then come back to finish.

You know, these are the same people who cry when CPS comes saying the government is targeting them for being christians. I am so sick of the "We're being oppressed" bullshit. There's no "war" on christianity. Get the fuck over it. You're 70% of the country. There's no way you are a minority or being oppressed.

PS: The children may very well raise their children this way. Even the Pearls children have said they appreciated how they were raised and would raise their children the same way. Stockholm Syndrome taken to a new - and scary - level.

Her grown kids are probably going to hate her, so there's hope.

I do wonder about her kids. I think her son Ryan seems to be as vile as her. Who knows maybe the other kids secretly resent her for how she raised them. If none of the Lori's kids turn their backs on spanking and force feeding, I predict that someday one of them will end up dealing with CPS and the police.

If I had to put money on which of Lori's kids will reject Pearl methods, I would put money on Steven the one who recently graduated from dental school. The two daughters seem to be mommy pleasers. I just get a feeling that Steven might be the one who won't pick up the plumbing line.

Me, too. This woman makes me feel :angry-cussing: :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: I've never come across someone as fundamentally (pun intended) evil as she is, with the exception of the Pearls.

I'll join you as well. This woman is absolutely vile.

Well, she says she eliminates all the critical comments so I didn't bother.

I feel sorry for all the kids but especially cringe when I read that some of these are talking about children they have adopted.Taking the pagan babies to beat Jesus into them?

It won't surprise anyone here, but in the comments it's so obvious that abuse just escalates:

That cold water shower child may well end up becoming a psychopathic killer!

Archived