IGNORED

File Under: When you thought Lori couldn't be any crueler...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
latraviata, it's been a while so I can't seem to find it. However I did a quick google search about young children and toddlers who are picky eaters and acid reflux and got loads of hits, so it seems like it may be a common concern among responsible parents. I refuse to read Lori's blog as I know it'll upset me, but I really don't understand why she wouldn't make an appointment with a doctor just to make sure her daughter doesn't have any physical reactions to certain foods.

I'm a little late to the party but here's my $0.02.

Lori's kids don't need doctors! Doctors are worldly, allopathic, expensive and ask too many questions.

Lori's dad is a retired doctor and overall I don't think she is the type of fundie who avoids doctors.

Re the goat's milk: Back when I was a child ('50s-'60s), I occasionally heard about parents who had to buy goat's milk for a child who couldn't stomach cow's milk. Could the kids have had a cow's milk allergy? (I know nothing about the chemical structure of cow's vs. goat's milk.) Anyone have any good info?

Re the goat's milk: Back when I was a child ('50s-'60s), I occasionally heard about parents who had to buy goat's milk for a child who couldn't stomach cow's milk. Could the kids have had a cow's milk allergy? (I know nothing about the chemical structure of cow's vs. goat's milk.) Anyone have any good info?

Well, it's been a long time since I got into this conversation, but yes, it's possible to have an allergy to specific proteins in cow's milk such as casein or whey. Goat's milk has those proteins, but they're structured a bit differently, so SOME people who are allergic to or have an intolerance of cow's milk can digest goat's milk with no problem. The same goes for buffalo milk, incidentally.

When you hear somebody say that they can't drink milk because they're breastfeeding and the baby is "lactose intolerant", that's what they really mean, that the baby has an intolerance to casein or whey. Breastmilk is full of lactose and it's crucial for brain development. Lactose intolerance in infants is really very, very rare. It's common in adult mammals of all species, though. Even humans who have the mutation that allow us to continue to digest lactose through adulthood will often lose that ability if we stop eating/drinking dairy.

The difference between an allergy and an intolerance is, roughly, that an allergy can kill you but an intolerance will just make you feel queasy. One can lead to the other, and an allergy can develop later in life.

I've never gotten into it on the internet. I know my cousin (who used it as a substitute since her baby can't have dairy or soy and her ex demanded over night visitation of an exclusively nursed one year old and refused to her give breast milk) had notes from doctor who highly encouraged it. And everything else is anecdotal from the Amish/Mennonite community. Honestly, I listen to them. I know a few older woman at the store down the road from me and I've asked them questions all the time about natural ways to do things and every time they told me to do something it worked like a charm. Between my cousin and the Amish/Mennonites around here, I never looked into online. I've never been in such a position to need to. But it is common, at least around here it is.

I will definitely look into it online though. A lot of stuff out there about breast milk substitutes are funded by formula companies, despite the fact that the agreement the US signed with the WHO explicitly says that can't happen, so it can't be trusted :|

Ok thanks! I have heard things like that before about formula companies funding a lot of research, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I did see one thing from the WHO that said when using goat's milk as a substitute for babies you need to add some sugar to it depending on the age of the baby.

My 16 months old son was sitting on the couch with a cigarette in his mouth and tried to light it with matches.

He had seen me doing it (we were not that conscious about smoking and children over thirty years ago) but still, I was so stunned and then started laughing and taking it away from him.

I go to hell anyway.

I cannot say how much I loved this..you as my friend would say are today's winner. The fundies are choking on their tube meat. We are all going to hell apparently but I'd rather have a pretend smoker than a plumb-lined beaten kid :clap:

I don't know if you still can, but you used to be able to buy goat's milk formula on the store shelves, everywhere. I haven't had a baby in over 18 years, and all my grandchildren were exclusively breastfed, so I'm not up on it anymore.

What "seems like"? If it flaps like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, and it waddles like a duck....

Yup Lori is callous. The posts in which she bashes her parents, and whines about her daughter not making the soup she wanted, shows that she is one of those people that are total asses with her family. The sad thing is that no one has stood up to her or called her out on her bitchiness. I feel sorry for the daughter that still lives at home.

I do wonder if Ryan the force feeder is going to have lots of kids. Lori has said on her blog that she wanted more kids, but stopped because of her health problems. She has posted a few times that people should have lots of kids and I kind of remember her or one of her dumbass fangirls saying that overpopulation was a myth. I hate to say it but if Lori's kids choose to have larger families, I would worry a lot.

Archived