IGNORED

File Under: When you thought Lori couldn't be any crueler...

latraviata, it's been a while so I can't seem to find it. However I did a quick google search about young children and toddlers who are picky eaters and acid reflux and got loads of hits, so it seems like it may be a common concern among responsible parents. I refuse to read Lori's blog as I know it'll upset me, but I really don't understand why she wouldn't make an appointment with a doctor just to make sure her daughter doesn't have any physical reactions to certain foods.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's really about controlling the granddaughter, notabout worrying she isn't getting enough to eat or might become a picky eater.

It's totally about control. You get what you don't want, and can't have what you do want. These quotes are very telling as to why they are doing this:

You get what you don't want:

He started feeding it to her. After one bite she said, "No!" Ryan made her eat at least 20 bites between her crying.

You don't get what you do want:

Erin told me that when they eat dinner, Emma begs for their food. Ryan didn't like that so he set a blanket down and made Emma sit on it with her toys and books while they ate. For a week, she would just sit there and scream. Then she would just cry.

Viola! Instant control.

In Lori's words:

He is a very smart daddy.

This has less that nothing to do with food. It has to do with showing Emma she's NOT BOSS!!!!!!!111!!!!! :angry-cussingblack:

Abuse is often a cycle. Unfortunately Lori's son is parenting the way she taught him to.

Ps. Lori~ Most grandmothers would go batshit crazy if their grandchildren were being treated this way. You are WAY off.

Who, when they want a potato, asks for vegetable soup? Ask for a Wendys baked potato! Of course, then there would be no passive aggressive opportunities.

I hate this whole topic, but the fact that she's posting about it once again brings me secret glee. The shit must have hit her messages to resort to that.

I just discovered Lori with this forcefeeding Emma thing, but her blog title is a joke. Always Learning? Try Always Preaching. As for her chronic pain, poor me attitude: that's her "get out of jail free" card that allows her to be a full blown bitch when she tells other women that they have to be submissive.

Who, when they want a potato, asks for vegetable soup? Ask for a Wendys baked potato! Of course, then there would be no passive aggressive opportunities.

I hate this whole topic, but the fact that she's posting about it once again brings me secret glee. The shit must have hit her messages to resort to that.

I just discovered Lori with this forcefeeding Emma thing, but her blog title is a joke. Always Learning? Try Always Preaching. As for her chronic pain, poor me attitude: that's her "get out of jail free" card that allows her to be a full blown bitch when she tells other women that they have to be submissive.

I thought the same thing. I am thinking she spends a lot of time deleting comments that tell her she is completely full of shit.

As for her chronic pain (that she is forever posting about), I do have some words of wisdom:

Pain is a great motivator and teacher.

Many people believe pain and suffering are bad things. They are not.

God uses pain in our lives to teach us many things ~ to trust in Him, to be more compassionate, to obey Him

Some people think that children should never experience pain. The Bible teaches differently ~

Those are her words.

Have a nice day Lori.

Wow, she really is a bitch!

x2... can you imagine what a massive asshole she is IRL? Your family brought you lots of food when you were sick, but not what you ordered, so you cried and almost lost it?

I expect that type of behaviour from an eight year old. I don't expect it from a grandmother, and I definitely wouldn't expect an adult to be so oblivious and self-absorbed to write about it openly.

x2... can you imagine what a massive asshole she is IRL? Your family brought you lots of food when you were sick, but not what you ordered, so you cried and almost lost it?

I expect that type of behaviour from an eight year old. I don't expect it from a grandmother, and I definitely wouldn't expect an adult to be so oblivious and self-absorbed to write about it openly.

She had her poor Dad massaging her nasty feet the very next day. Made me sick. There's no telling how old he is, and she's got him massaging her feet.

So much for pain being a great teacher. All it's taught Lori is to be an ungrateful shrew.

That's happened to me. When I'm sick, I don't always behave rationally.

However, I use my awareness of how miserable I can be when I'm sick or otherwise stressed* to have sympathy for the other people in my family if THEY are overreacting to what I think should be a minor thing, especially the children who, being children, aren't expected to always have a handle on their behavior.

I don't force-feed the nieces, or act like a bitch if they don't like what I've made for dinner (although we do expect manners in that regard) because I wouldn't want them to treat others like that.

I also ask for potatoes when I want potatoes. And if I buy potatoes and the next day they're all bad, I return them to the store (or have somebody do that for me). Even if I'm sick.

* I have some unusual reactions to various things which means I can get stressed pretty easily. Now that I'm grown I'm generally aware of this and am able to mitigate it through various methods, but once in a while I fail in this regard. Even then, though, as an adult I'm now capable of simply taking some time to myself until I'm back to being reasonable.

What, Lori can't train her taste buds to want something else? She can cry over having to eat something she doesn't want, but won't let a small child get away with it :roll: Guess we need to break out the plumbing line.

BRILLIANT!!

This woman isn't very bright, clearly.

I soooo hope that one day Lori ends up in a shitty nursing home where she'll be fed "the loaf" (like in some US prisons) or "the blender mix" ,which is a meal passed into the blender and served. For ex: chicken with mashed potatoes and brocoli, all passed through a blender and served to clients. Disgusting, but if there is one person that I wish would be thus force-fed it's Lori.

Yup Lori, one can be trained to eat ANYTHING. :twisted:

Bitch. And that ends up insulting innocent female dogs.

They should have forced it down her throat and smacked her everytime she protested. srsly, if a child is supposed to know better, then Lori certainly should.

You *can* teach your tastebuds to like a greater variety of foods... but that's YOUR tastebuds, nobody else's. And it involves not stressing yourself out over it and WANTING to increase the foods you eat. It does NOT involve shoving food down somebody else's throat, dear God.

Whatever happened to "whoever hurts these little ones"? I'd like to tie a millstone around her neck.

I couldn't agree more, although I'm fairly sure the fundies forget all about this verse and the one about not provoking your children to anger. I suspect a few of them secretly wish it was still legal to stone a child for disobedience. I honestly found reverse psychology to work best with getting my kids to try new foods all I ever had to do was suggest that it was mommy's special treat and that they probably wouldn't like it anyways and suddenly otherwise yucky foods became yummy treats. I think the Pearl's style of parenting is for parents to lazy to think who would just rather hit their kids than actively parent and nurture them.

They should have forced it down her throat and smacked her everytime she protested. srsly, if a child is supposed to know better, then Lori certainly should.

+1

Alright, I'm a long time lurker who just joined FJ to comment on this thread. Of all the fascist parenting strategies, I think force feeding might be the one that makes me the most crazy since it is parents being extremely punishing about something that doesn't even RESEMBLE disobedience and taking control over the most personal of choices--what a child puts in their body. As long as they are not fed massive amounts of processed junk food, kids instinctively regulate their calorie and vitamin intake by choosing what to eat and how much. Veggies in particular are high in fiber and low in calories so if kids ate lots and lots of veggies they would end up starving themselves because their tiny tummies can't fit enough veggies in them to meet their calorie needs. It's also common for children to suddenly reject foods they used to love because they need variety in their diet. That poor little baby. I posted a very nice version of this as a comment on the blog and it was almost immediately deleted. I HATE her. :evil:

The bad thing with Lori is that "smacked" is a generous term. She admits to hitting those kids with a "small leather strap".

I know I post about this woman a lot, but I can't stand the things she says about children, and someone has to speak up.

latraviata, it's been a while so I can't seem to find it. However I did a quick google search about young children and toddlers who are picky eaters and acid reflux and got loads of hits, so it seems like it may be a common concern among responsible parents. I refuse to read Lori's blog as I know it'll upset me, but I really don't understand why she wouldn't make an appointment with a doctor just to make sure her daughter doesn't have any physical reactions to certain foods.

She has an FB page, I will be happy to quote the story about that poor little boy with the sensible parents.

I'll do it right now.

She has an FB page, I will be happy to quote the story about that poor little boy with the sensible parents.

I'll do it right now.

Prepare to meet Mr. Delete, then. Lori can't stand anyone to disagree with her. "Always Learning" my foot!

Well I posted 3 comments on her FB page. Two quotes from FJ peers and my profound view on the matter.

Of course she will delete them somehow but at least the comments are visible for as long as it lasts

She had her poor Dad massaging her nasty feet the very next day. Made me sick. There's no telling how old he is, and she's got him massaging her feet.

So much for pain being a great teacher. All it's taught Lori is to be an ungrateful shrew.

Her dad could already be in his 80s. She is an asshole toward her parents. She reminds of me how Jim Bob Duggar has recently bashed his deceased father. Lori has taken jabs at both of her parents because they had problems years ago. I bet she is thinks of her mom as some kind of failure. I could sort of understand some of her frustration because she was ill and didn't get the exact meals that she wanted, but I thought she was over the top and really ungrateful about it. Several of Lori's other postings indicate that she is pretty spoiled.

Alright, I'm a long time lurker who just joined FJ to comment on this thread. Of all the fascist parenting strategies, I think force feeding might be the one that makes me the most crazy since it is parents being extremely punishing about something that doesn't even RESEMBLE disobedience and taking control over the most personal of choices--what a child puts in their body. As long as they are not fed massive amounts of processed junk food, kids instinctively regulate their calorie and vitamin intake by choosing what to eat and how much. Veggies in particular are high in fiber and low in calories so if kids ate lots and lots of veggies they would end up starving themselves because their tiny tummies can't fit enough veggies in them to meet their calorie needs. It's also common for children to suddenly reject foods they used to love because they need variety in their diet. That poor little baby. I posted a very nice version of this as a comment on the blog and it was almost immediately deleted. I HATE her. :evil:

Welcome to FJ.

I think Lori set herself up for failure. She posts adorable pictures of that beautiful baby -- pictures that get her viewers' maternal protective instincts going. Then, below that, is a story about how her big brute of a son forced 20 mouthfuls of food into her sweet little mouth, while the baby was screaming, and completely against her will. Of course, people are going to bash her. Aside from the inherent wrongness of what was done, the pictures/text combo seem to say, "I made this cute baby submit to my will and brute strength."

If she confesses to this level of abuse on the internet....what in the world does she do at home when nobody is watching????

If she confesses to this level of abuse on the internet....what in the world does she do at home when nobody is watching????

I hate to think this, but I think she does some very cruel stuff. She admits to being a huge Michael Pearl fan on her blog and her Pinterest page. She did a blog posting about she felt her precious Michael Pearl was being persecuted. I'm sure she heard about the Lydia Schatz case, but I bet Lori doesn't give two shits that the poor child was severely abused.

I really worry the most for Emma and any other children Ryan and Erin may have. Ryan lives near Lori and Ken and he also works for Ken. Steven and I think the older married daughter are living away from Lori. I hope those two reject the Pearl methods when they have kids. I also hope they ever move back to where Lori lives. I think that would be a good thing. Lori is pretty vile and the idea of her force feeding and being cruel to several children gives me chills. The youngest daughter who still lives with Lori and Ken may also end up marrying and living in the same city as Lori. As I said before, I think Steven might be the one reject the Pearl methods or Lori's other beliefs. The daughter who lives at home might have Stockholm Syndrome and she might not actually realize that her mom is an asshole.

I wonder that very thing about many of the fundy bloggers we read.

I also think it's very strange that when Lori posts about her granddaughter it is usually about some way to control her. My mom is over the moon for my kids. They can do no wrong in her eyes, and she spoils them like a Nana should. Most of the time when you hear a grandmother talking it's about how fabulous her grandkids are.

These are the posts I can find on Lori's granddaughter Emma:

On force feeding:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -boss.html

Force feeding AGAIN:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... aters.html

Post on overeating with a giant pic. of Emma at the top:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... imits.html

On training Emma to work by making her help empty the dishwasher (at 14 months)

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -work.html

Quite the doting Grandma isn't she? :(

Archived