IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

If I would say that I'm totally confused and don't have the time to read back 15 pages and asked someone to sum up Josh's job's story in 3 sentences, would it be very shellfish of me? :3

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I would say that I'm totally confused and don't have the time to read back 15 pages and asked someone to sum up Josh's job's story in 3 sentences, would it be very shellfish of me? :3

Josh thought he had a job in DC and bragged about it on the internet. He didn't really have the job, they had just interviewed him. He now looks rather stupid for saying he had a job he didn't really have.

ETA additional sentences: Michelle also said that Josh had the job, people speculate if she wanted him to make a fool of himself so he won't get the job and be forced to depend on his parents. Michelle also said Jinger really doesn't want to live in a big city, just right next to Walmart.

Who knows, Josh might have been good at it. Doesn't lobbying require a lot of wining and dining? We know Josh loves to eat out. Or course, in his case it would be a lot of sweet teaing and flaming quesoing.

Josh thought he had a job in DC and bragged about it on the internet. He didn't really have the job, they had just interviewed him. He now looks rather stupid for saying he had a job he didn't really have.

ETA additional sentences: Michelle also said that Josh had the job, people speculate if she wanted him to make a fool of himself so he won't get the job and be forced to depend on his parents. Michelle also said Jinger really doesn't want to live in a big city, just right next to Walmart.

Thank you very much! <3

To be honest?! My faith in humanity had somewhat shaken when I read the news that a Josh like Josh had gotten a job in DC... I was extremely disappointed. I did not have any time to follow the events. I don't wish anything bad to happen to him, but let's not hire Joshes like Josh in DC.

The "no debt" thing certainly will prove a challenge if smuggles is going to move his family to dc. Either FRC will have to buy his house, or daddy will. Even with the show I don't see Josh plunking down 750k for a house of his own. I also don't see tlc jumping up and down to furnish it if he's really heading to work for such a controversial nonprofit. The LEGHUMPERS may not care, but that list of very mainstream advertisers I posted in the show's thread won't appreciate having their product associated with FRC.

Someone of Josh Duggar's star power doesn't usually submit a resume like the rest of us peons. Considering he has no skills or education he only has his name, which means he was likely contacted for the interview (I'm guessing that was a part of the radio interview during the anti choice rally) or boob/gothard asked for a favor. Either way, this isn't turning out as planned. I would agree that someone with actual skills found out that smuggles was about to be his boss and flipped their shit to their daddy, who has equal power to boob.

Is josh wants to work for a hate charity then that's on him. It certainly is no surprise that he would gravitate towards family research council or some other well masked hate group. But before he becomes the boss he has to pay his dues.

I wonder if HRC actually leaked the Josh Duggar news to see what the reaction would be. When it wasn't greeted with massive acclaim, they pulled back.

Eh, it's possible he could commute from outside DC, where housing would be cheaper. But what qualifications does Josh have over other people?

Dancing on the Stars could be a snarkfest if Josh is on it. Please make it happen.

It'll never happen, because Duggars Don't Dance.

But what qualifications does Josh have over other people?

He and his family are famous, ultra-conservative, politically connected, and have lots of experience dealing with the media. He'd be a good carrier for the message.

Maybe I am in the minority but I can't see this "job" really going anywhere. The reality is that although I may dislike ultra-conservative politicians and their ilk, the vast majority are well-educated and knowledgeable about how to play the political game. Josh is neither. I cannot see Josh doing more than a few speeches and then it's back on the road to Arkansas. That's if the job actually happens. He has very little to offer. He won't rise up the GOP food chain because he does not have the skills to do so. Conservative organizations and the GOP political machine are two different things and I cannot see Josh making the jump from one to another.

The Duggars may have gotten to hang out with Santorium but I do not see them as politically connected. Jim Bob was a state senator for one term from Arkansas, which means jackshit in the rest of the country. If Josh was an uneducated Kennedy, Cuomo or Bush, then I could see him getting a job he is unqualified for because of the family name. A person with that name can bring a lot of attention to your organization and people will give it a second look. People from those families can give something in return. The Duggar name will not take you that far, even in conservative circles. People associate the Duggar name with having way too many kids. That is all. To the majority of the country, that actually knows of them, they are weird and backwards.

The reality is that most ultra-conservative people in the political arena are educated, have real people skills and pretty much live their lives the same as those in liberal circles. Plus, they can talk about more than abortion. They are knowledgeable about all conservative principles. All Josh can say is that abortion and birth control are bad. I cannot even see him being able to have an in-depth conversation about that. I cannot imagine Josh and his arranged marriage wife trying to keep up with these people. What can he talk to them about? The best appetizer on the Applebee's menu? Josh will be call kinds of fucked.

I wonder if Josh even knows that a large number of republicans don't care about gay marriage or abortion, they are just fiscally conservative republicans.

Maybe I am in the minority but I can't see this "job" really going anywhere. The reality is that although I may dislike ultra-conservative politicians and their ilk, the vast majority are well-educated and knowledgeable about how to play the political game. Josh is neither. I cannot see Josh doing more than a few speeches and then it's back on the road to Arkansas. That's if the job actually happens. He has very little to offer. He won't rise up the GOP food chain because he does not have the skills to do so. Conservative organizations and the GOP political machine are two different things and I cannot see Josh making the jump from one to another.

The Duggars may have gotten to hang out with Santorium but I do not see them as politically connected. Jim Bob was a state senator for one term from Arkansas, which means jackshit in the rest of the country. If Josh was an uneducated Kennedy, Cuomo or Bush, then I could see him getting a job he is unqualified for because of the family name. A person with that name can bring a lot of attention to your organization and people will give it a second look. People from those families can give something in return. The Duggar name will not take you that far, even in conservative circles. People associate the Duggar name with having way too many kids. That is all. To the majority of the country, that actually knows of them, they are weird and backwards.

The reality is that most ultra-conservative people in the political arena are educated, have real people skills and pretty much live their lives the same as those in liberal circles. Plus, they can talk about more than abortion. They are knowledgeable about all conservative principles. All Josh can say is that abortion and birth control are bad. I cannot even see him being able to have an in-depth conversation about that. I cannot imagine Josh and his arranged marriage wife trying to keep up with these people. What can he talk to them about? The best appetizer on the Applebee's menu? Josh will be call kinds of fucked.

I wonder if Josh even knows that a large number of republicans don't care about gay marriage or abortion, they are just fiscally conservative republicans.

He will find out about it soon. I have several fiscally conservative Republican relatives that loathe people like Santorum, Palin, Akin, Perry and the Duggars.

He and his family are famous, ultra-conservative, politically connected, and have lots of experience dealing with the media. He'd be a good carrier for the message.

Sort of famous and certainly ultra-conservative. But every bit of experience he's had with the media has been kid-glove, softball stuff. No has ever gotten to ask any Duggar tough questions because Boob has never allowed it. Josh is not prepared for it.

Josh also brings quite a lot of baggage with him, and I'm not just referring to his childish tweets and instagrams. People (like us!) are going to start paying more attention to the FRC because of his association with it, and I'm not sure they really want that level of scrutiny into their affairs.

Ten bucks says he doesn't get the job.

I find it wrong that milk dude thinks its ok for Josh to live in a big city but not Jinger. Huge double standard but I should not be surprised.

Sort of famous and certainly ultra-conservative. But every bit of experience he's had with the media has been kid-glove, softball stuff. No has ever gotten to ask any Duggar tough questions because Boob has never allowed it. Josh is not prepared for it.

Josh also brings quite a lot of baggage with him, and I'm not just referring to his childish tweets and instagrams. People (like us!) are going to start paying more attention to the FRC because of his association with it, and I'm not sure they really want that level of scrutiny into their affairs.

Ten bucks says he doesn't get the job.

Not to mention that he really has no experience in politics. There are people with poli sci degrees out there and in Washington, I'm sure there are TONS more people with experience and qualifications. Josh is famous, but at the same time, not really. He's not a celebrity, he's only known for being one of the billion kids Michelle has.

You know, it seems really weird that several months AFTER the show aired Juterus felt the need to squash Jinger. Why not do it a when the show first aired? I think those who think this was deliberate by DQ are on to something. I'm not sure she did it to stop him from going but I do think he probably was just there for the interview this week(thanks instagram) and she just assumed he had the job and started blabbing.

Not as embarrassing as getting the job, then losing it because he makes an ass of himself on Twitter and Instagram.

I don't know if this version of the article was posted yet, I skipped like 5 pages of the thread:

http://www.eonline.com/news/398273/19-k ... group-quot

E! Picked this up? Wow.....

I think that bus headed toward the Duggar franchise is picking up speed.

You bet it is! An average sized townhouse here (around 2,000 square feet) will run you near half a million in the suburbs, but closer to a million in the city itself. And then of course in the DC metro area, unlike Arkansas, you are almost certainly going to be paying an addition HOA fee on top of your mortgage payments. I've lived all over the country, and DC is by far the most expensive place I've lived (haven't lived in NYC though).

An average town home is 2000 sq ft? Man. 3 bedroom townhomes are 1300 sq ft around here. And, if you want an even decently safe neighborhood (forget proximity to anything), you're looking at 400k for a 1 bed/1 bath. What's your rental market like? It might be worth it for me to consider finding a job in DC =p

"Senior executive"?! Are you kidding me? Meanwhile, some of us, with college degrees and references out the window, are begging for part-time jobs. NOT FAIR. :cry:

As the saying goes, it's not what you know, it's who you know. Plus "senior executive" doesnt necessarily mean anything. I was "the head welder" at a car repair shop once and I didnt know a lick about cars or welding before I got the job. In fact, I was hired, handed some metal and the welder and told to weld until I got it right. Then, 8 hours later, I was told to cut out the catalytic converter... And had to have someone show me what it was....

Thats terrible, if she told in an attempt to stop him from getting the job. He is a 25 year old married man with 2 kids, he can do whatever the hell he likes.

I believe shes actively trying to sabotage her kids, I wouldnt put it past her. She sees them as a unit, of 19 cute little kids who belong to her and she can do whatever she likes with, and look at all of the photo opportunities she can get by dragging all 19 kids everywhere she goes. She cant let them spread out across the country, as that would mean she would have to do public appearances without them, and what if people didnt know she had 19 of them?

As a nanny, I see a lot of parents like her, though they only have a few kids -- like 3 tops. I think they like the idea of their children being like dolls. They're great when they're cute and get the parent attention. Any other time, they want nothing to do with the kids. Since the family has a TV show where she can show them off, Michelle has to make sure they're always presentable and ready to get her the attention she craves.

I worked for a family with a mom like her once. Drove me batty because she'd say things like "She cant wear that [not designer label] outfit! She looks frumpy!" about her 2 year old and punish her daughter for not eating at the correct speed. I could imagine Michelle doing things like that.

You know, it seems really weird that several months AFTER the show aired Juterus felt the need to squash Jinger. Why not do it a when the show first aired? I think those who think this was deliberate by DQ are on to something. I'm not sure she did it to stop him from going but I do think he probably was just there for the interview this week(thanks instagram) and she just assumed he had the job and started blabbing.

This was neither accident not coincidence. Milk Dud is both crafty enough, and mean-spirited enough to deliberately sabotage Josh. For all we know, he could have been chafing at living under Boob's thumb and she chose this avenue to squelch him, and stamp out any rebellious thoughts on Jinger's part at the same time,

An average town home is 2000 sq ft? Man. 3 bedroom townhomes are 1300 sq ft around here. And, if you want an even decently safe neighborhood (forget proximity to anything), you're looking at 400k for a 1 bed/1 bath. What's your rental market like? It might be worth it for me to consider finding a job in DC =p

2,000 may be the high end of average and that counts the garage. The rental market is pretty high as well. I'm currently renting a 2 bed/2 bath place, in what is honestly kind of a shady area, for $1475 per month. That's way out it Loudoun county. Closer to DC, it gets much higher.

As a comparison, I'm from Central Florida and I had a HUGE 3 bedroom/ 2 bath house with two car garage for $850 a month.

Maybe she did say something to Jinger at the time (you could tell that Jill was trying to tell her not to when she first said it), but has decided to say something about it now the internet has picked up on it and everyones talking about how Jinger is the rebel one whos going to leave, and she didnt want anyone to think her child is capable of independant thought or has any signs of rebellion. Or she bought it up again recently when she heard that Josh was planning to move to the city.

Maybe she did say something to Jinger at the time (you could tell that Jill was trying to tell her not to when she first said it), but has decided to say something about it now the internet has picked up on it and everyones talking about how Jinger is the rebel one whos going to leave, and she didnt want anyone to think her child is capable of independant thought or has any signs of rebellion. Or she bought it up again recently when she heard that Josh was planning to move to the city.

It makes sense to me that J'chelle would say something about Jinger now given that rumors about the Rebellious One have been going for sometime. She's panicking. She's got adult children who want to move out and I suspect she knows her childbearing days are truly over. She's a person who is extremely vested in birthing a bunch of kids and being the mom of a large brood. That, combined with the attention, fame and money being MOTY has brought her, she's probably feeling very threatened. Not that I sympathize really. Hey, J'chelle, it's totally normal for your adult children to want to move out. It means you have done your job as a parent. It's not their job to stick around so you can perpetually play the mother hen and her chicks.

I think that both the Jinger comments and what I see as sabotage of Josh's potential job are both blanket training for adults. They see something shiny, she figuratively beats them wih plumbing line.

I really think she wants them close enough she can control them, no matter their age. I also stand by my thought that she does not want her children to appear to do better than she and JB>

Archived