IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I think that both the Jinger comments and what I see as sabotage of Josh's potential job are both blanket training for adults. They see something shiny, she figuratively beats them wih plumbing line.

Exactly. "Blanket training for adults" nails it perfectly!

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Josh Duggar sin in the camp comes up when I google him, closely followed by Free Jinger's meticulous tracking of his twitter feed/instagram. Rejoice, whoever will run against him (if Josh ever goes political) we've given you a snarkmine!

I know that Josh Duggar sin in the camp comes up when I google him, closely followed by Free Jinger's meticulous tracking of his twitter feed/instagram. Rejoice, whoever will run against him (if Josh ever goes political) we've given you a snarkmine!

My results are "josh duggar," "josh duggar twitter," "josh duggar molestation," and "josh duggar sin in the camp." Not the greatest Google results for a potential candidate.

I like polabear's speculation that perhaps FRC leaked this themselves to see the reaction. That is such a classic bitchy DC political move! That "we appreciate that Josh applied for the job" statement by the FRC communications guy really smells of a "thanks but no thanks" kiss-off.

I think Michelle's babbling may not be malicious, just part of a general desperation for media attention, as she sees the end of the series drawing near (and she isn't carrying any miracle babeez to boost ratings). She may be willing to say anything, true or not, that she thinks will draw more eyeballs to the TV show.

But the "Jinger wants to live near Wal-Mart" is truly malicious. Perhaps, upon hearing that Josh might move to DC, Jinger expressed interest in going along for a while to help with the newborn.

I remember that when Josh came for the Anti-Abortion March in DC this winter, he Instagrammed that he "spent an hour" with (Arkansas) Senator John Boozman. Could that have been a job interview as well?

I remember that when Josh came for the Anti-Abortion March in DC this winter, he Instagrammed that he "spent an hour" with (Arkansas) Senator John Boozman. Could that have been a job interview as well?

Does this Senator have any connection to FRC. Maybe the Senator was the reference that got Josh the interview.

Does this Senator have any connection to FRC. Maybe the Senator was the reference that got Josh the interview.

It looked like Santorum was or is on the BOD of FRC.

2,000 may be the high end of average and that counts the garage. The rental market is pretty high as well. I'm currently renting a 2 bed/2 bath place, in what is honestly kind of a shady area, for $1475 per month. That's way out it Loudoun county. Closer to DC, it gets much higher.

As a comparison, I'm from Central Florida and I had a HUGE 3 bedroom/ 2 bath house with two car garage for $850 a month.

Still better than around here -- 1 bed apts start at 1300 in the crappy areas near me.

I do understand that culture shock, though. My parents sold our home in Floriday (5 bed/3 bath/3000 sq ft with a pool on 2.5 acres) for $250k in 1997 and all we could afford was a 4/2/1680 sq ft on a 7000 sq ft lot that needed a lot of work because it was once a drug house. And the price difference between the two has only gotten worse -- the height of the market saw the Florida house at $699k, while the California house was $830k. Current recovery of the market puts the California house at $550k (it's not a desirable neighborhood and has less than desirable schools so its less than the rest of the market) and the Florida house at $395k.

My wife just pointed out that if he wasn't in consideration for a job with FRC, then they would have released a statement saying as much. It looks like he might get schooled for letting the cat out of the bag, but that he is definitely up for a job with them.

I think that both the Jinger comments and what I see as sabotage of Josh's potential job are both blanket training for adults. They see something shiny, she figuratively beats them wih plumbing line.

I really think she wants them close enough she can control them, no matter their age. I also stand by my thought that she does not want her children to appear to do better than she and JB

I've often thought that about the Duggars in relation to the SOTDRT. Parents who want the best for their kids would not "educate" them in that fashion.

I give Josh points for trying to do something he wants that's separate from the TLC gig and my guess (and hope) is that any sabotage on Michelle's part was inadvertent. Regardless, if he doesn't get the job because of it I think he'll be applying elsewhere and will still end up leaving. Don't know how long TLC will stick around if Josh's family moves, there's no #20, and the other children are still single and childless. I guess we'll see if anything interesting is going on in the episodes following Asia.

I give Josh points for trying to do something he wants that's separate from the TLC gig...

Really? Smuggar is dumb enough to think that his new "job" will probably ignite a new spinoff on TLC. I hope he gets it - and fails miserably.

I don't see what on early Michelle would gain from Josh not getting this job. Him getting hired for any Washington politico position would only reflect favorably on them. Keeping them in NW Arkansas does nothing for them, especially since it doesn't seem like Michelle enjoys spending time with her adult children.

Someone posited on the TWOP Duggar thread that the leak about the "hiring" might be a way of leveraging FRC to give Smugs the position. Michelle slipped in the job tidbit in an article resurrecting a months-old story about Jinger--why dredge up the city living comment now? Perhaps they thought that by presenting it to the media as a fait accompli, the FRC would be pressured into officially offering him the job.

I don't see what on early Michelle would gain from Josh not getting this job. Him getting hired for any Washington politico position would only reflect favorably on them. Keeping them in NW Arkansas does nothing for them, especially since it doesn't seem like Michelle enjoys spending time with her adult children.

I agree that it wouldn't be rational for Michelle to intervene, but it's possible she subconsciously doesn't want to let go, if only because it's a sure indicator the show is on the way out and that things are going to be changing.

Do we know the source of her remarks? Who was interviewing her? It would be helpful to know the context in which she was speaking and exactly how Jinger got pulled into the conversation.

I agree that it wouldn't be rational for Michelle to intervene, but it's possible she subconsciously doesn't want to let go, if only because it's a sure indicator the show is on the way out and that things are going to be changing.

Do we know the source of her remarks? Who was interviewing her? It would be helpful to know the context in which she was speaking and exactly how Jinger got pulled into the conversation.

Are fundies allowed subconscious thoughts?

Someone posited on the TWOP Duggar thread that the leak about the "hiring" might be a way of leveraging FRC to give Smugs the position. Michelle slipped in the job tidbit in an article resurrecting a months-old story about Jinger--why dredge up the city living comment now? Perhaps they thought that by presenting it to the media as a fait accompli, the FRC would be pressured into officially offering him the job.

But what about Michelle's announcement would pressure FRC? They're a fairly legit organization, miles away from the Duggar/Quiverfull crazy. And its not like the Duggars would ever oppose the FRC.

But what about Michelle's announcement would pressure FRC? They're a fairly legit organization, miles away from the Duggar/Quiverfull crazy. And its not like the Duggars would ever oppose the FRC.

I'm not saying it worked--obviously it didn't. But I could see the reasoning. The Duggars live in their own little bubble of perceived awesomeness and might believe themselves more important/influential than they actually are with organizations like the FRC. So they leak the job tidbit, thinking that doing so would push them into quietly offering him the position.

Here's the TWOP post I was referencing:

IIRC, Josh and Boob were recently in DC together. Presumably that is when Josh interviewed for the job, and of course Boob would know about it. That whole family has an exaggerated sense of their own importance and severe entitlement issues. When Josh left the interview without a firm job offer, maybe he or Boob decided to help the FRC along in the decision-making process. Let the public know that Josh thinks he has a job there, and public opinion will pressure the FRC to make it happen. The Duggars get away with a lot of stuff, maybe they thought they'd get away with this, too.

It would also explain why Michelle suddenly interviewed about something Jinger said weeks ago and was dealt with at the moment and ignored since then. Let cute little Michelle ramble on about Jinger and the big city, 'accidentally' mention that if Jinger wants to go visit a big city she can go spend time with her brother, who is moving to DC for a new job. Oops! Did Michelle just let the cat out of the bag? Oh, don't be too hard on her, she's just a little scattered with raising 19 kids and all her other mother of the year activities. Can't blame a doting mother for forgetting herself when she's just so darned proud of her oldest blessing.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com ... p=15595144

I guess we could have seen this coming. He's been humping for a job at FRC or some other anti choice/anti gay organization for more than a year.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... =allsearch

Josh Duggar, the oldest of the Duggar's 19 children, was quite pointed in his criticisms of Santorum's GOP opponents, laying into Mitt Romney for allowing abortions to be covered under his Massachusetts health care reform.

"The man who said he had a change of heart, he had an epiphany, he had this moment where he became pro-life - this man still has not went back and made that right," Duggar said. "And women in Massachusetts still walk in, and basically off the hand of Gov. Mitt Romney, they can get an abortion for $50."

Duggar also hit Romney for his support of gays and lesbians as governor.

"In '04 or '05 he issued a declaration saying that basically that homosexuals and homosexual lifestyles should be encouraged and he made a declaration from the state as governor that that should be accepted in society," Duggar said. "This man is not someone who is on our side."

Incorporating Gingrich into his final attack, Duggar ended by saying, "Both of these men have been on both sides of the issues that you and I hold dear."

We discussed it here:

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7276

Josh and the rest of the Duggar's jump on the Santorum train may not have been as futile as originally thought. It got them "in" with the more right wing portion of the party and may have even allowed Josh the opportunity to get more airtime than he would have received on the Mittens trail.

Can't those poor girls go any where without without a babysitter? Jinger is grown women although I am not sure any of the Duggar's will make it to long living near DC . Don't think they city people.

I kinda hope he gets a job in DC. He really needs to learn how to make it in an environment that's unfamiliar to him. I really don' t think he's digging working at that car lot. When TLC is gone...how will he support his family? I do remember him saying their insurance is paid up. So that 's a plus. Can't remember which episode.

Maybe it's worth it to spend all their savings to get out from under Jim Bob? I mean, we know they control their adult children - maybe Josh has never been as okay with this as we thought? In that case, good for him. I hope some others join him.

Edit: sp

Maybe he is breaking away? One can only hope.

The stuff with Jinger makes me sick. How can Jinger just watch her older sisters rot on the vine for years and years and not want something different for herself. I will never understand that about those girls not at all. No husband, no family, no career, DOING NOTHING.

I kinda hope he gets a job in DC. He really needs to learn how to make it in an environment that's unfamiliar to him. I really don' t think he's digging working at that car lot. When TLC is gone...how will he support his family? I do remember him saying their insurance is paid up. So that 's a plus. Can't remember which episode.

He could be smarter then we think, and could be realizing the car lot is a dead end and he won't be able to support three children on what he makes there without TLC. This could even have to do with knowing the show could be canceled next year for all we know.

Exactly. "Blanket training for adults" nails it perfectly!

Michelle Duggar is a narcissist.

I agree about the blanket training for adults.

I just don't get how NOT one can even have enough spirit in them to want to grab a hold of life. That is what young people do. Blanket training must beat that out of someone for good.

I wonder if HRC actually leaked the Josh Duggar news to see what the reaction would be. When it wasn't greeted with massive acclaim, they pulled back.

I had to laugh when I read this because you wrote HRC and not FRC. They are two vastly different organizations.

HRC is the common nickname for the Human Rights Campaign which works for LGBTQ rights. You may have seen their symbol of a yellow equal sign on a blue background on cars.

http://www.hrc.org

Archived