IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I say this now as a threat, not a promise. If TLC pays for Josh Duggar to live in DC and work at Family Research Council. THAT. MEANS. WAR. I dont mean, "Dear TLC, you suck" posts. I dont mean trolling their facebook page. I mean all out, balls to the wall, targeting advertisers, posting executive's email addresses, mailing fish to their headquarters WAR.

TLC pulled "All American Muslim" and various other shows. If they support FRC... :twisted:

I agree with you Buzzard, if TLC is really doing that, I would also participate in a large scale boycott. I'm still a bit pissed about All American Muslim.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow... facebook just suggested this article to Richard about "19 kids and counting"

endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/days-of-lot-gays-attack-19-kids-and-counting-show-star

DAYS OF LOT: ‘Gays’ attack ’19 Kids and Counting’ show star

That piece of krazy linked me here to "read more" HOLY SHIT

wnd.com/2013/03/gays-attack-19-kids-and-counting-show-star

'19 KIDS AND COUNTING' STAR ATTACKED

Celebrity may join group hit by leftist gunman

Leftist gunman? Josh was ATTACKED? Did I sleep through something? Oh wait, they're rambling...

Corkins confessed in a court hearing he intended to “kill as many as possible and smear the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches in victims’ faces, and kill the guard.â€

He told FBI agents who interviewed him after the shooting that he wanted to use the sandwiches to “make a statement against the people who work in that building … and with their stance against gay rights and Chick-fil-A.â€

At a news conference the day after the August attack, Perkins claimed SPLC had encouraged the attack by listing his organization as a hate group.

Same info as buzzfeed... but with a TWIST! :liar:

Thanks for the info! Here is a link to the PBS documentary one of the authors is featured in: http://video.pbs.org/video/2200745636/ .

I think when Josh married Anna, he had a Rumpspringa of sorts... the cable tv, social media, FAST FOOD,etc.

Thank you for the link! Maybe I'm just sappy, but I think that documentary was very beautiful.

Lol. Health issues aside, fast food and TV doesn't sound like a terrible Rumspringa. And internet! :)

If Josh and Anna do move to DC and if Jinger does join them to provide help with the kids (or whatever the excuse may be), she won't even need to go wild in bars and clubs in order to experience freedom. Just having a bedroom to herself will be freedom. Being able to go shopping alone will be freedom. Going for a walk by herself will be freedom. Relishing the freedom of not being chained to her family may give her the courage and fortitude to widen the scope a bit. Watch TV. Go to a museum. Become friendly with people who are not part of the family. Wear pants. Even baby steps are a way out of the prison. Two of Fred Phelps's granddaughters defected from the WBC recently, so I think there's hope for anyone.

Also, I live near DC, so I would totally stalk the hell out of Josh, Anna, and Jinger.

She wont go shopping or for a walk on her own. She'd go with Anna. Smuggar will uphold his dad's rules, that is for sure.

I agree that if Smugini gets this "jawb" and TLC pimps it out as being some woo hoo, fun time whimsical adventure it NEEDS to go massively mainstream as unacceptable. I'll be ready to join in with FJ if it does happen and we go on the attack. I hold ZERO punches when it comes to defending gay rights. I've seen way too many friends suffer physically and mentally to keep my mouth shut.

I agree that if Smugini gets this "jawb" and TLC pimps it out as being some woo hoo, fun time whimsical adventure it NEEDS to go massively mainstream as unacceptable. I'll be ready to join in with FJ if it does happen and we go on the attack. I hold ZERO punches when it comes to defending gay rights. I've seen way too many friends suffer physically and mentally to keep my mouth shut.

I don't think it's likely that TLC will feature "Joshie goes to DC" episodes however, if they did, yes, it would be totally unacceptable. They would deserve all the derision they get.

I don't see it happening. They'd essentially be promoting an anti-gay hate group, and that's not somewhere a network like TLC really wants to go.

True.

I was going more for the angle of Josh&Anna moving on with their lives in a new adventure. Not focusing on where Josh works. I would enjoy seeing how they react to living in DC. Visiting NYC or other metropolitan cities is one thing, but actually living in it day to day is another story.

I would like to see how they react to homeless people living on the streets, begging for money. I would want to see if they actually would live out the gospel they preach, JOY (Jesus first, OTHERS SECOND, you last), the golden rule, and taking the Bible "literal", as they say, and giving the clothes off their back to someone in need. Or would they ignore the less fortunate and pretend to not see them?

I don't think TLC is giving JoshAndAnna a spin-off show. I think the ratings on DuggarsDoAsia are too dismal for TLC to invest any more in the Duggar brand. I think after this season, we may get one of two "catching up with the Duggars" specials if they have a wedding or two to film--with some scenes of JoshAndAnna in the DC burbs (IF Josh gets the job, which is still a big IF)-- and scenes of the J'Slaves fall book tour-- and that will be it.

I don't think a J'Slave courtship can save the show now. Only a viable Michelle pregnancy--or perhaps, god forbid, a death in the family-- would generate enough interest for another seasion.

Gaaaah, my sister in law works for Discovery Communications (parent company of TLC) but will never discuss any of this with me. So frustrating!!

A FJer who lives near the Duggars posted somewhere here that her mom recently spotted the Duggars with a fim crew at a store. This was about a month ago. I think they are getting another season after this one. But the next season might the farewell season.

I don't think TLC is giving JoshAndAnna a spin-off show. I think the ratings on DuggarsDoAsia are too dismal for TLC to invest any more in the Duggar brand. I think after this season, we may get one of two "catching up with the Duggars" specials if they have a wedding or two to film--with some scenes of JoshAndAnna in the DC burbs (IF Josh gets the job, which is still a big IF)-- and scenes of the J'Slaves fall book tour-- and that will be it.

I don't think a J'Slave courtship can save the show now. Only a viable Michelle pregnancy--or perhaps, god forbid, a death in the family-- would generate enough interest for another seasion.

Gaaaah, my sister in law works for Discovery Communications (parent company of TLC) but will never discuss any of this with me. So frustrating!!

You may just want to "offhand" mention that battle lines are being drawn :twisted:

The Lord laid it on my heart to purpose to share that since I badly need glasses, I read the title of this thread as "Josh Duggar Has Never Had a Job". It seemed appropriate to share this in the spirit of "encouraging," er, snarking. :D

The Lord laid it on my heart to purpose to share that since I badly need glasses, I read the title of this thread as "Josh Duggar Has Never Had a Job". It seemed appropriate to share this in the spirit of "encouraging," er, snarking. :D

Funny, this is a post Famy put on instagram yesterday

66e3b2d2922d11e2873d22000aaa0773_6.jpg

[ @ ] amyduggar It's easy to get ahead of yourself sometimes... just stay focused on God's timing. If a situation or a person is from the Lord you will have a peace about it, or that individual.

Do not move one step towards that person or situation if that peace is not there. A valuable lesson I should have learned a long time ago , and I am currently putting it into practice, I encourage you to do the same.

Oh, and good morning all! I'm done preaching for now ;) 1d

I keep reading it as "keep calm and be obnoxious for nothing". I have no idea why...

I would love to boycott the show in the event of Josh working for FRC, but I've already been boycotting it since the Duggars posted the 180 movie on their page. Is it possible to double-boycott something?

I would love to boycott the show in the event of Josh working for FRC, but I've already been boycotting it since the Duggars posted the 180 movie on their page. Is it possible to double-boycott something?

I mean, I'm "boycotting" it by making sure they get no revenue from me - ie. only watch on Youtube.

Like Double-Secret Probation?

Hmmm, I do need to find a way to mention all this to my kin at Discovery without pissing her off. But don't you assume some folks at TLC already read here? (Hi, guys!)

Let's not forget that it is possible to not renew a show, even if next season has already been filmed. Its always possible to shelf the episodes & never let them see the light of day, because of low ratings--or controversy--or both. I can't imagine renewing a show that has a "special," highly advertised season debut that can't crack the top 100 in the ratings.

Anna was so odd in the Japan episodes. I wonder what happens when their life goes even more into mainstream, pop-culture and off Boobs radar...

Will she eventually leave Smugs? And - what I thought so often - will Smugs have an affair when he is a real politishun? I don't really buy his strong gawdly beliefs!

TLC definitely reads here, light work for some intern!

(Edited for Smuggle accusations!)

TLC is probably never under any obligation to air episodes. They've had some shows that simply quit airing mid-season. That large family in the south was one that dropped rapidly the second season and vanished. The sextuplets in NY got pulled mid-season although they aired the remaining episodes out of prime time.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if a small group of us women just showed up at the gate of the compound and asked to speak to Jana.

Jim Bob, can Jana come out to play?

TLC is probably never under any obligation to air episodes. They've had some shows that simply quit airing mid-season. That large family in the south was one that dropped rapidly the second season and vanished. The sextuplets in NY got pulled mid-season although they aired the remaining episodes out of prime time.

They'll burn the 8 episodes they have for this season. The question is whether the next is a VSE or a final season. The way this one is playing, I'm guessing a VSE with m'kid 3 to satisfy the humpers and possible follow ups. Those ratings were shit.

post-616-14451997253403_thumb.jpg

I keep reading it as "keep calm and be obnoxious for nothing". I have no idea why...

Me too, Buzzard!! Great minds think alike!

True.

I was going more for the angle of Josh&Anna moving on with their lives in a new adventure. Not focusing on where Josh works. I would enjoy seeing how they react to living in DC. Visiting NYC or other metropolitan cities is one thing, but actually living in it day to day is another story.

I would like to see how they react to homeless people living on the streets, begging for money. I would want to see if they actually would live out the gospel they preach, JOY (Jesus first, OTHERS SECOND, you last), the golden rule, and taking the Bible "literal", as they say, and giving the clothes off their back to someone in need. Or would they ignore the less fortunate and pretend to not see them?

In the case of hypocrites like Mr. & Mrs. Smuggar, I'll go with the ignoring and pretending not to see the less fortunate.

Boob and Mullet probably "those who've left Gothard's Umbrella of Protection" horror stories to keep them in line.

Boob and Mullet can try all the horror stories they want. It's going to take one daughter brave enough to figure out that the "godless" people they come into contact with at TLC and on their travels are human and are not the monsters they've been told, and they will make a break for it. She's going to need help, though. Thanks to the community closet, she will have the clothes on her back and that's it.

When I left the church, I was besieged by other church members who believed they could "love me back to the Lord" and get me to "repent". Uh, no. I found new friends. I discovered there was an entire world I hadn't seen and wanted to.

All it would take is one. The house of cards would fall quickly afterwards, especially when it seems Anna and Josh aren't quite toeing the family line these days, either.

Like Double-Secret Probation?

:lol:

A remake of Animal House starring our favorite fundies would be awesome. Smuggar was born a Niedermayer.

66e3b2d2922d11e2873d22000aaa0773_6.jpg

Too perfect. :clap:

Edited to add: Riffles

Archived