IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

If that's true I would feel truly sorry for him. He deserves the chance to make it or not on his own.

I feel sorry for him too. He may/may not fail but he's entitled to at least try it for himself.

I think Boob and Milk Dud never wanted him to leave and this was her passive-aggressive way of squelching him. If I was Josh, I'd start scanning my birth certificate for loopholes.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they stuck on an update:

How embarrassing if he does not get it. How super embarrassing if he does not get it because of the instagrams.

Not as embarrassing as getting the job, then losing it because he makes an ass of himself on Twitter and Instagram.

I don't know if this version of the article was posted yet, I skipped like 5 pages of the thread:

http://www.eonline.com/news/398273/19-k ... group-quot

"Josh Duggar, the eldest son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and a father of two (with one on the way) himself"

Wait, was this announced yet and I missed it?

I would think Josh's working for an organization like FRC would be the kiss of death for the TLC show. The Duggars wouldn't be able to casually pass off their association with ultra-conservative causes, and there would likely be more scrutiny of their sociopolitical beliefs. I imagine their advertisers would be pretty wary about associating with them, and there might be a significant change in the demographics of the show's viewers if some of FRC's views became widely known.

I would think Josh's working for an organization like FRC would be the kiss of death for the TLC show. The Duggars wouldn't be able to casually pass off their association with ultra-conservative causes, and there would likely be more scrutiny of their sociopolitical beliefs. I imagine their advertisers would be pretty wary about associating with them, and there might be a significant change in the demographics of the show's viewers if some of FRC's views became widely known.

This. Groups that actively oppose queer rights and want to punish even heterosexual sex they don't like? That would be pretty hard to sweep under the rug. It also puts a Duggar directly in the position of aggressor, which is harder to ignore than their homophobia/oppression of women/anti-sex positions when it can be claimed that all Duggars simply hold those views as a part of their religion.

I feel sorry for him too. He may/may not fail but he's entitled to at least try it for himself.

I think Boob and Milk Dud never wanted him to leave and this was her passive-aggressive way of squelching him. If I was Josh, I'd start scanning my birth certificate for loopholes.

Considering J'chelle spilled the beans on Josh and stated that Jinger wasn't going nowhere near the big bad city all in the same online article, I'd say that is a possibility.

Well, leghumper lurkers...you can stop doubting us when we say that Michelle is either an idiot, or malicious, or both.

Thats terrible, if she told in an attempt to stop him from getting the job. He is a 25 year old married man with 2 kids, he can do whatever the hell he likes.

I believe shes actively trying to sabotage her kids, I wouldnt put it past her. She sees them as a unit, of 19 cute little kids who belong to her and she can do whatever she likes with, and look at all of the photo opportunities she can get by dragging all 19 kids everywhere she goes. She cant let them spread out across the country, as that would mean she would have to do public appearances without them, and what if people didnt know she had 19 of them?

If Josh has lost the possibility of getting this job because he discussed it publicly before appropriate... I do feel a little bad for him. Yes, he absolutely shouldn't have done it, and I don't like the full-of-himself attitude he projects, but can we really say he's had adequate mentoring in the ins and outs of job etiquette? My parents have always provided a guiding voice for me when I've faced professional quandaries (and when I was first trying to get into the job market post-college), and I've had some excellent supervisors who really made an effort to help me grow and learn in my jobs. It's not like Josh had a high school career center to go to or grew up in a culture that was preparing him to be part of the mainstream world.

This is the other possibility that I see here besides the possible parental PA manuever. That he spoke bragged out of turn because he has no idea how things in the mainstream world work and couldn't possibly know either. That's truly unfortunate, but if this turns out to be the case, then maybe he will get a clue now. That's one thing I really hate about fundie parents who insulate their kids like the Duggars. They don't realize that they are setting up their kids for failures down the line that don't need to happen.

I don't know if the backtracking is due to Duggar loose lips or the possibility that upon hearing that Josh was "getting" the job, there was a collective gasp of WTF in extreme right-wing circles. I don't think it's in Michelle's interest to keep Josh from Washington; that would be a living "testimony" that their parenting style and SODRT works in the real world. I also don't think Michelle or Jim Bob are smart enough to purposely and backhandedly keep Josh from moving away. YMMV.

House prices are irrelevent as Josh isn't allowed to borrow money and we know he doesn't have a spare million sitting around to buy a house outright.

I would really like to see Josh find his independance. At the moment he is still "the eldest child of JB & M" and that is really sad for a 25 year old. Jumping straight to the top based on Daddy's name is not finding your independance. For that reason, I really hope this job does not work out for him. It would be great to see him find any entry level position (in local politics maybe) due to his own efforts and work his way up.

:lol:

I don't know if the backtracking is due to Duggar loose lips or the possibility that upon hearing that Josh was "getting" the job, there was a collective gasp of WTF in extreme right-wing circles. I don't think it's in Michelle's interest to keep Josh from Washington; that would be a living "testimony" that their parenting style and SODRT works in the real world. I also don't think Michelle or Jim Bob are smart enough to purposely and backhandedly keep Josh from moving away. YMMV.

Just because it's in Boob and Michelle's best interest for Josh to have his independence does not mean they are governed by that. Their egos come before everything, including their own or Josh's best interest. And I do think they are crafty enough to passive-aggressively sabotage him.

If I were a fundie/lite parent who had given money and time to the FRC, who had paid for my child to be educated either at home or in a private Christian school, and who had sent my child to college so that he (sadly, it would have to be a son only in this hypothesis), and whose now-educated son had his eye on a career at FRC, I would be IRATE that this SOTDRT graduate is coming from a used-car lot to take a job that my son is more than qualified to hold.

Just a thought. There are fundie families who still realize that we live in this society where education is important, and they may not look kindly on Smuggar's lack of qualifications to be a mouthpiece for a high-profile DC organization that represents their interests.

Just because it's in Boob and Michelle's best interest for Josh to have his independence does not mean they are governed by that. Their egos come before everything, including their own or Josh's best interest. And I do think they are crafty enough to passive-aggressively sabotage him.

+1. Josh going to DC would certainly validate the J'parents' parenting style and show SOTDRT education as a valid education option plus give them major bragging rights (until Josh does something stupid that goes public). However doing that very thing means he would be away from their "realm", away from their control; it's in their mind "breaking up the family". I think it comes down to their own need to be in control, keeping the family together at all costs versus seeing him go out on his own, even if it's a conservative opportunity such as this FRC job, even if it would be beneficial. Their need to keep the family "intact" could override any other considerations and spilling the beans may not be an outright, deliberate sabotage, but a unconscious reaction to their own need. However, I don't discount that they would be crafty enough to deliberately do it.

If Josh's own bragging and loose lips sunk his possibly six-figure D.C. job: Lesson learned; welcome to the real world big boi.

If Josh's mom's stupidity or conniving cost him the job: That kinda sucks for a guy going after his first "real" job and trying to support a growing family.

+1. Josh going to DC would certainly validate the J'parents' parenting style and show SOTDRT education as a valid education option plus give them major bragging rights (until Josh does something stupid that goes public). However doing that very thing means he would be away from their "realm", away from their control; it's in their mind "breaking up the family". I think it comes down to their own need to be in control, keeping the family together at all costs versus seeing him go out on his own, even if it's a conservative opportunity such as this FRC job, even if it would be beneficial. Their need to keep the family "intact" could override any other considerations and spilling the beans may not be an outright, deliberate sabotage, but a unconscious reaction to their own need. However, I don't discount that they would be crafty enough to deliberately do it.

Not sure how much of it is control vs. maintaining their "brand" and a major source of income (the TLC show and their books/public speaking engagements). They may want to make it appear that they encourage their children to be semi-autonomous, but having Josh associated with a controversial organization and living in a heathen-filled city invites too much scrutiny. They'd probably be happier having him run for some lower level political office in Arkansas, which would garner less attention while still allowing them to validate his SOTDRT upbringing and allowing some involvement with the show.

This is just a "what if" thought about the future - I think Jim Bob's ego would take a massive hit if somehow Josh became more famous in political circles than Jim-Bob ever did (not that I can think that could happen with his sotdrt education). These parents don't seem to want the best for their children. They want the best for themselves.

Considering J'chelle spilled the beans on Josh and stated that Jinger wasn't going nowhere near the big bad city all in the same online article, I'd say that is a possibility.

My thought is how desperately Michelle does not want her children to move on, much less succeed beyond their parents level... which is, despite their "reality" show, a pretty low level.

If Josh's own bragging and loose lips sunk his possibly six-figure D.C. job: Lesson learned; welcome to the read world big boi.

If Josh's mom's stupidity or conniving cost him the job: That kinda sucks for a guy going after his first "real" job and trying to support a growing family.

This. I am no fan of smug, Mr. Know-It-All Josh, but he is an adult now and has every right to strike out on his own and find his own way, wherever that takes him. If his mom is deliberately trying to sabotage this job opportunity, that is just flat-out wrong. That puts J'chelle in the epic bitch category as far as I am concerned. Josh would have every right in the world to tell her and JB to fuck off. Seriously.

If Clown Car's big mouth cost Josh the job, I think it was more likely inadvertent than sabotage. I think her ego probably got in the way. Josh interviewed for a job in D.C. and she just assumed he was going to get it, because Jeebus! and Character! and 19K&C! and SOTDRT! It probably never occurred to her that he might not get the gig. She's out-of-touch and arrogant enough to think that her son interviewing for a job equals automatically getting the job.

What if Josh simply decided they are moving to D.C. So he can try to do more politically, and FRC is only one place he interviewed at?

If Clown Car's big mouth cost Josh the job, I think it was more likely inadvertent than sabotage. I think her ego probably got in the way. Josh interviewed for a job in D.C. and she just assumed he was going to get it, because Jeebus! and Character! and 19K&C! and SOTDRT! It probably never occurred to her that he might not get the gig. She's out-of-touch and arrogant enough to think that her son interviewing for a job equals automatically getting the job.

Yep, I agree that it was probably her just mouthing off and no conniving involved. And totally agree she would assume that an interview means it's all signed, sealed and delivered. But I could never shake the feeling that J'chelle rules things with an iron fist behind closed doors and calls the shots with that family.

Yep, I agree that it was probably her just mouthing off and no conniving involved. And totally agree she would assume that an interview means it's all signed, sealed and delivered. But I could never shake the feeling that J'chelle rules things with an iron fist behind closed doors and calls the shots with that family.

ITA. We aren't exactly dealing with Rhoades Scholars here. I can believe them not having being savvy enough to understand how interviewing for jobs in places that aren't Tontitown, AR work. Thr Uterus likely assumed that an interview meant he had the job in the bag. And I wouldn't be surprised either if Josh's loose lips sank the ship.

But it's obvious The Uterus has a tight hold on the clan at home. I'm disgusted that she feels she can control an adult woman like that.

If Michelle just seriously quelched any chances of Duggar and his new job, then I do feel sorry for the fat bastard. He's 25 years old and is about to become a father for the third time; at this point, his quiver is well on its way and shouldn't need Mama or Dad.

On the otherhand, if Josh really is hired by the FRC, then TLC has no choice but to cancel this show for good. Can't have politics of any sort, be it liberal or in this case, super super conservative, involved. Though deep down I will be happy for any chance of TLC to throw them under a bus.

And Clown Car is an evil cunt; I'm pretty sure your daughter probaly could give two shits about being where Wal Mart is...

Archived