IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

On tapa so it's too hard to fully research this but can someone take a look at josh duggars qualifications (breeding) vs the other executives at family research council?

I'm assuming that the majority of them have degrees from actual universities and likely a graduate degree, even the female. I'm pretty sure that josh duggar and his excellent color your own degree won't look quite a purdy hanging on the wall.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flyaway, can I have your window when you leave??? : ) [i don't have one] Best of luck in academia!

Buzzard, thanks for looking up the salaries--I was just thinking that we needed to do that.

Remember all this is happening while every conservative politico and political-wannabe in the US is gathered at the National Harbor resort outside of DC for the CPAC conference. I bet Josh blabbed to some folks at CPAC (or some low-level interns at CPAC blabbed)-- the news spread like wildfire throughout the conference, people started googling Josh, and a lot of conservative college interns, and 20-something low level Heritage Foundation minions who are crammed into tiny apartments with roommates & eating ramen noodles, have started grousing that he's an uneducated hick who hasn't paid his dues.

He shouldn't have blabbed about the job offer--if there really was one at all. He's publically demonstrated that he can't keep a secret and is a braggart. He's really shot himself in the foot on this one.

I think it is entirely possible that the job offer, if it exists, could be rescinded.

SOTDRT for the win!

If not, I *cough* may or may not know *cough* one of the Washington Posts' Reliable Source columnists. What fun they could have with Josh.

If they are still considering him (rookie move, Josh!), he's not going to be making that much. If he does, I welcome them throwing their money down the drain like that.

ETA: Also, note that the only woman on that list makes significantly less than anyone else. Because, really, she should be home.

I looked her up, and she's got 30 years of experience-- so she's possibly in the grandparental generation, although she didn't get her three decades at home. frc.org/content/sharon-helton-senior-director-of-events has her bio, and it's just a short jump from there to see Smuggar's new co-workers and their admittedly decent professional backgrounds.

He's going into a shark tank, unless this creates enough of a stink to keep him down on the farm. (with the cows and garden)

No shit! It's the same thing with Bristol Palin. She is not smart, educated or terribly bright. And she has no discernable talent or skill yet she's treated as if she's somethings special. She got an acting role, she was on "Dancing With the Stars," she has a memoir out, and she got paid huge speaking fees for standing behind a podium talking about abstinence. And she was actually offered a radio hosting gig a few years ago. Since when is an inarticulate, personality-free dullard like Bristol worthy of hosting a radio show?

Dancing on the Stars could be a snarkfest if Josh is on it. Please make it happen.

I think Josh assumed that he would get the position and started talking.I have seen high school students make the same mistake. I don't even tell people if I have an interview anymore.

Yes, link http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/sourc ... ch-council now reads

And they stuck on an update:

How embarrassing if he does not get it. How super embarrassing if he does not get it because of the instagrams.

This says it all fellow FJers. Something is definitely up. The fact that as of TODAY all of the sudden no decision has been made for whatever reason (someone/some people complained; they got a hold of some of his instagrams; etc) I think Smuggar is going to stay put in AR flying helicopters around Chapmans head. AND that my FJers is :pray: ? FANTASTIC....to quote the movie FRIDAY with Ice Cube....WHO GETS FIRED ON THEIR DAY OFF?? Technically it isn't his day off but kind of sort of close enough :dance:

If they are still considering him (rookie move, Josh!), he's not going to be making that much. If he does, I welcome them throwing their money down the drain like that.

ETA: Also, note that the only woman on that list makes significantly less than anyone else. Because, really, she should be home.

Adding up columns D, E, and F, the woman makes slightly more than the only guy who also works 26 hours per week. Roughly 140K for part-time work. How's that song go again? Nice work if you can get it, and if you get it, won't you tell me how....

flyaway, can I have your window when you leave??? : ) [i don't have one] Best of luck in academia!

Buzzard, thanks for looking up the salaries--I was just thinking that we needed to do that.

Remember all this is happening while every conservative politico and political-wannabe in the US is gathered at the National Harbor resort outside of DC for the CPAC conference. I bet Josh blabbed to some folks at CPAC (or some low-level interns at CPAC blabbed)-- the news spread like wildfire throughout the conference, people started googling Josh, and a lot of conservative college interns, and 20-something low level Heritage Foundation minions who are crammed into tiny apartments with roommates & eating ramen noodles, have started grousing that he's an uneducated hick who hasn't paid his dues.

He shouldn't have blabbed about the job offer--if there really was one at all. He's publically demonstrated that he can't keep a secret and is a braggart. He's really shot himself in the foot on this one.

I think it is entirely possible that the job offer, if it exists, could be rescinded.

SOTDRT for the win!

If not, I *cough* may or may not know *cough* one of the Washington Posts' Reliable Source columnists. What fun they could have with Josh.

I'm impressed! Go for it!!!!

Didn't Michelle spill the bean's about Josh's new DC job via Radar Online?

Her older brother Josh, his wife Anna and their children are moving to Washington, DC for his new job, and Michelle suggests maybe Jinger could spend the summer with them in that city.

Nothing like being sabotaged by your Mom!

This evening's Twitter has him back to towing cars (or taking pictures of someone else towing cars). Rather a come down from that political career, eh?

Mentioned in Jezebel's "Dirt Bag" gossip section.

"Josh Duggar is in talks to work for Tony Perkins's Family Research Council, which is "without a doubt one of our country's most dangerous hate groups," according to GLAAD and all humans with brains and hearts. Fuck the Duggars, Fuck Tony Perkins."

http://jezebel.com/5990886/lil-wayne-in ... socialflow

And, on a more important note Li'l Wayne :(

Depending on the type of new job he got-he can kiss TLC good bye.

Maybe they can move in next door to crazy Abigal, her and Anna can bond and share poor financial decisions. :lol:

Abigail lives in West Virginia, they left DC.

So...got to thinking about Joshie working for the FRC. If the Supreme Court rules against Prop 8 and DOMA is overturned in the near future ( all you US American FJers can correct me if this is wrong, this is just what this Aussie has picked up, gleaned if you will, from Joe.My.God) then the FRC main function, hating on the gheyz, will be obsolete.

Does anyone else think that the gay-haters might be changing their tune to really fight women's reproductive rights? They can see the writing on the wall and are preparing by taking on the Prince of Procreation to be the face of the future campaigns.

Yes, link http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/sourc ... ch-council now reads

And they stuck on an update:

How embarrassing if he does not get it. How super embarrassing if he does not get it because of the instagrams.

The FRC update reads like an "it's not you, it's me" excuse. I don't think Josh will get the job. Part of me wants to see him get the job just to see the epic flame-out. I lived in DC for 3 years during law school and I know Josh would be eaten alive.

If they wanted a fundie super-star, wouldn't they go after one of the Phillips boys? They are good looking and brighter than Josh.

If they wanted a fundie super-star, wouldn't they go after one of the Phillips boys? They are good looking and brighter than Josh.

The Phillips boys don't have a TV show. Or a social media following. Which are really the only qualifications Josh has.

FRC would be absolutely nuts to let Josh on board. He couldnt even not fuck up his "affiliation" with textface! Are they REALLY ready to take on all the baggage that comes with him?

Josh Duggar is a liability to any organization that accepts him. Its not just our presence (but that is a consideration because we will hound the fuck out of him) its the rest of the internet that loves/hates him. His lack of education and life experience shows like a pantyline under a tight dress and we have the screencaps to prove it.

For ease...

[attachment=0]form990.JPG[/attachment]

I left off the CEO, Anthony Perkins, who makes about 200k because he's listed above the trustees and that would be annoying to edit out.

In other parts of the country those incomes may be great, but not so in the DC area -- especially if only headships are allowed to work outside the home. In the suburb where I live, the median family income in 2010 was $122,250 and the median price for a single family home was $775,000.

If Josh has lost the possibility of getting this job because he discussed it publicly before appropriate... I do feel a little bad for him. Yes, he absolutely shouldn't have done it, and I don't like the full-of-himself attitude he projects, but can we really say he's had adequate mentoring in the ins and outs of job etiquette? My parents have always provided a guiding voice for me when I've faced professional quandaries (and when I was first trying to get into the job market post-college), and I've had some excellent supervisors who really made an effort to help me grow and learn in my jobs. It's not like Josh had a high school career center to go to or grew up in a culture that was preparing him to be part of the mainstream world.

I guess he's not allowed to move to the big city, either. What ever happened to leave and cleave?

If that's true I would feel truly sorry for him. He deserves the chance to make it or not on his own.

So what Jinger really meant by wanting to live in a city is that she wants to not have to spend more than 20 minutes driving to a Wal-Mart?

I hate, hate, hate JimBoob and his wombmate.

House prices are irrelevent as Josh isn't allowed to borrow money and we know he doesn't have a spare million sitting around to buy a house outright.

I would really like to see Josh find his independance. At the moment he is still "the eldest child of JB & M" and that is really sad for a 25 year old. Jumping straight to the top based on Daddy's name is not finding your independance. For that reason, I really hope this job does not work out for him. It would be great to see him find any entry level position (in local politics maybe) due to his own efforts and work his way up.

So what Jinger really meant by wanting to live in a city is that she wants to not have to spend more than 20 minutes driving to a Wal-Mart?

I hate, hate, hate JimBoob and his wombmate.

The Duggars have lived in Little Rock twice; during Josies first few months and during JBs time in politics. I would think all the kids would have a pretty clear idea of the difference between city and country. Jinger may have been thinking of Little Rock or she may have been thinking of the bigger cities she has visited like Chicago and New York but she certainly wouldn't be thinking of Tontitown. Michelle's disregard for her own children disgusts me.

Archived