IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

No husband, no family, no career, DOING NOTHING.

If I attributed this to the wrong poster, I apologize in advance.

Oh, they're doing something: They're raising the children their parents insisted on having and had NO intention of raising themselves. What's even worse is the fact that they have no escape. If they speak up for themselves or show any bit of independence, they're slapped down in the press via J-Chelle (and yeah, J-Chelle, you're a real stealth bitch. One can only imagine what you said AFTER the interview in the privacy of your own home,) or sent to another Gothard indoctrination seminar.

The only way things will change for any of the J-Slaves is if Jim Boob is told by TLC the show's over unless there's a courtship or two, and maybe not even then. After all, there's a few sons to marry off first. Those young women aren't getting away from the homestead (at the least) until the Lost Girls are old enough to wait on Daddy hand and foot like they do.

Please, please, J-Slaves, file suit against your parents for your share of the TLC money. They are of legal age. I wonder how legal it is to sign a contract for a young adult over age 18 and not pay them for their participation in a TV production.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I smell an escape from fundiedom coming soon. Might not be dramatic, but I don't see how anyone with one ounce of spunk could live in this lifestyle any longer. The TTC is a prison, and someone is going to make a break.

And I will buy that tell all book when it comes out!

It would be wonderful, to us, to see these young women decide to break away, go to school, get a career, etc. realistically, though, to them, their life probably seems pretty good. Trips to exotic places, shopping at Walmart on daddy's dime, their best friends (sisters) around all the time, etc. marriage would mean leaving that for the most part, probably living in a small place with a guy she doesn't know all that well, and spitting out babies. They are probably happy that they are not in Anna's shoes.

On a snarkier note, I wish I could tell the girls that Prince Charming (and since when have they even seen the Disney movies espousing him??) doesn't exist as they think it. Good men exist, good husbands can exist, but putting that kind of expectation on another person is setting you both up for failure.

It would be wonderful, to us, to see these young women decide to break away, go to school, get a career, etc. realistically, though, to them, their life probably seems pretty good. Trips to exotic places, shopping at Walmart on daddy's dime, their best friends (sisters) around all the time, etc. marriage would mean leaving that for the most part, probably living in a small place with a guy she doesn't know all that well, and spitting out babies. They are probably happy that they are not in Anna's shoes.

Boob and Mullet probably "those who've left Gothard's Umbrella of Protection" horror stories to keep them in line.

Can't those poor girls go any where without without a babysitter? Jinger is grown women although I am not sure any of the Duggar's will make it to long living near DC . Don't think they city people.

They can't actually leave the compound without a sibling, for "accountability." So even the adult siblings have buddies, to avoid ebil temptations out in the big bad world, whether it's a trip to Wal-Mart or DC.

I just read that the article has been discredited. quiverfullmyblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/oldest-duggar-moving-to-dc/

But there is no source listed on the blog...

Not sure how much of it is control vs. maintaining their "brand" and a major source of income (the TLC show and their books/public speaking engagements). They may want to make it appear that they encourage their children to be semi-autonomous, but having Josh associated with a controversial organization and living in a heathen-filled city invites too much scrutiny. They'd probably be happier having him run for some lower level political office in Arkansas, which would garner less attention while still allowing them to validate his SOTDRT upbringing and allowing some involvement with the show.

Being associated with controversy has never stopped them before, e.g. Akin.

How did Michelle get into the Gothard lifestyle? Wasn't she semi-normal at one point?

ETA: Maybe it would be better if they had a ruemspringa, like the Amish. At least the girls could experiment for a little while.

Also, I'd take the TLC money and run. There's no way the girls can't get paid. Maybe Michelle has the money in trust funds that the kids can't touch until a certain age.

How did Michelle get into the Gothard lifestyle? Wasn't she semi-normal at one point?

ETA: Maybe it would be better if they had a ruemspringa, like the Amish. At least the girls could experiment for a little while.

Also, I'd take the TLC money and run. There's no way the girls can't get paid. Maybe Michelle has the money in trust funds that the kids can't touch until a certain age.

I don't even think the money would need to be in a trust. I'm sure the girls would give it willingly to boob and I doubt they have enough savvy to know the legalities around if they're entitled to it or not.

I don't even think the money would need to be in a trust. I'm sure the girls would give it willingly to boob and I doubt they have enough savvy to know the legalities around if they're entitled to it or not.

To make a long story short, she and Boob claimed a miscarriage brought about by using birth control pills led them to Jebus, and Michelle, who'd sinned in her youthful past, saw the error of her ways. How they were led to Gothard, I don't know....and should!

To make a long story short, she and Boob claimed a miscarriage brought about by using birth control pills led them to Jebus, and Michelle, who'd sinned in her youthful past, saw the error of her ways. How they were led to Gothard, I don't know....and should!

At around this same time, Jim Bob was attending Christian financial freedom seminars. He and Michelle also attended seminars to get them started on homeschooling little Joshy. This led them to Gothard's IBLP. I've read that this is how most people get sucked into the black hole that is Gothardism. They don't set out to join a cult. They're mostly young, fundie-lite couples who want to homeschool their kids and need help getting started. Many of them also seem to be carrying baggage from their own childhoods. They want something "better" for their own families. One seminar leads to another and then another and eventually they're doing the total Gothard program.

Rumspringa isn't quite the partying time that the media has been glamorizing it as, it's more of a general dating time in the community than anything else; but I do agree, even that is better than what the Duggar girls have to deal with.

And I know I'm late to the party, but Michelle is seriously one of the worst mothers ever. I know that everyone's parenting style is different, but publicly undermining your kids' ambitions is just so many levels of awful.

You could argue that getting married to someone fundie-lite could help the poor J-slaves, but how are they going to get there if any interrested man has to go through boob first? He's the one who has to check and see if their personalities match, not the girls themselves. That is just messed up..

You could argue that getting married to someone fundie-lite could help the poor J-slaves, but how are they going to get there if any interrested man has to go through boob first? He's the one who has to check and see if their personalities match, not the girls themselves. That is just messed up..

They are never going to let those girls "go". 10 years from now, we'll still be saying "poor Sarah Maxwell, now a 41 yo spinster", as well as "poor Duggar girls". Boob will probably let a couple of his "boys" marry, but not his girls. Besides, these girls are to worldly for most fundie boys. They've traveled the world, been on TV, and are used to nice things. They are not going to want to gp back to used clothes and putting creative, cheap, meals on the table.

They are never going to let those girls "go". 10 years from now, we'll still be saying "poor Sarah Maxwell, now a 41 yo spinster", as well as "poor Duggar girls". Boob will probably let a couple of his "boys" marry, but not his girls. Besides, these girls are to worldly for most fundie boys. They've traveled the world, been on TV, and are used to nice things. They are not going to want to gp back to used clothes and putting creative, cheap, meals on the table.

In various Duggar escape threads, I have theorized that most likely means of escape, out of all possible escape scenarios, for the J'slaves has been marriage to a fundie-lite. But the kicker is going through JB. And it would have to be a guy who says all the right things and looks Godly enough for JB to approve, then goes fundie-lite post marriage as well as says "no" to participating in the TLC dog and pony show, provided the show is still on which it probably won't.

However, given J'chelle's recent comments about Jinger I am pretty convinced that even this means of escape, is not going to be possible. That's one mama who clearly doesn't want her daughters, never mind they are freaking adults, to ever leave. I not sure she's keen on the boys leaving either, but knows that in ATI land that has to happen because if nothing else because it will reflect badly on them. So she will settle on them leaving but living near the compound. But for daughters, they can justify keeping them around under the cover of SAHD-hood.

Also agreed that the girls are probably seen as too worldly at this point. And probably high maintenance because they are used to a lot of perks.

I mentioned in the courtship thread that I view the very public and very likely failure to launch of these women (Duggars, Botkins, Maxwells) as a long term victory for humanity. IF they are able to put them in "successful" (ie, no divorce, lots of kids) marriages, it validates their methods and ideals. If they fail to do so, not only do they go the way of the Shakers, it is visible proof that their ideas don't work in practice.

It is better for the world for the Duggar children, the Arndts, the 7 sisters, the Botkins, etc, to die of old age, never married except to Jesus.

I'm too lasy to check the 18 earlier pages but it has probably been asked before : doesn't Josh's departure prove that the show is doomed? I mean TLC would not allow the only baby makers to change of states if the show was to continue right?

I'm too lasy to check the 18 earlier pages but it has probably been asked before : doesn't Josh's departure prove that the show is doomed? I mean TLC would not allow the only baby makers to change of states if the show was to continue right?

Discovery Networks is headquartered near DC- in Silver Spring, MD. I doubt Joshy leaving is going to make TLC's filming harder- it might actually make it easier and cheaper. No need to send a crew to AK and pay for hotels/gas/food- since I seriously doubt Boob and Jichelle are doing anything more than providing free access to tap water and restroom facilities for the crew.

I mentioned in the courtship thread that I view the very public and very likely failure to launch of these women (Duggars, Botkins, Maxwells) as a long term victory for humanity. IF they are able to put them in "successful" (ie, no divorce, lots of kids) marriages, it validates their methods and ideals. If they fail to do so, not only do they go the way of the Shakers, it is visible proof that their ideas don't work in practice.

It is better for the world for the Duggar children, the Arndts, the 7 sisters, the Botkins, etc, to die of old age, never married except to Jesus.

This. Absolutely. Plus given that 200 year plan (or whatever it is that is supposed to multiple their numbers so they can take over) isn't quite going to work is it? In fact, it's looking like it's not working already. The older Duggars, Arndts, 7 sisters and Botkins are at or past the ideal ages for getting married and filling their quivers. Ideally, they should all be married by now and popping out the kids, ala Kelly Bradrick.

I think I smell an escape from fundiedom coming soon. Might not be dramatic, but I don't see how anyone with one ounce of spunk could live in this lifestyle any longer. The TTC is a prison, and someone is going to make a break.

I really hope you're right. But while the older kids' not leaving might seem inconceivable to those of us on the outside, I think it's a much more difficult decision on the inside, even for the spunkier Duggars. Not only would they have to estrange themselves from their family--which for their whole lives has been pretty much their entire social circle and source of love and acceptance--they would have to accept life principles that they have been taught since birth are evil, and that they probably still reject to some extent themselves. Leaving for a Duggar would be like being raised Amish and deciding to leave, in terms of the personal grit and conviction it would take to disconnect an existing social and spiritual support system for good.

That said, if one of the Duggars mustered up the courage to leave, the prospect would become much more appealing--and much easier--for others. The second, third, and fourth escapees would have close family on the outside to support them and help them make the transition. But who will be the first to go?

"Senior executive"?! Are you kidding me? Meanwhile, some of us, with college degrees and references out the window, are begging for part-time jobs. NOT FAIR. :cry:

Seriously. :evil:

I really hope you're right. But while the older kids' not leaving might seem inconceivable to those of us on the outside, I think it's a much more difficult decision on the inside, even for the spunkier Duggars. Not only would they have to estrange themselves from their family--which for their whole lives has been pretty much their entire social circle and source of love and acceptance--they would have to accept life principles that they have been taught since birth are evil, and that they probably still reject to some extent themselves. Leaving for a Duggar would be like being raised Amish and deciding to leave, in terms of the personal grit and conviction it would take to disconnect an existing social and spiritual support system for good.

That said, if one of the Duggars mustered up the courage to leave, the prospect would become much more appealing--and much easier--for others. The second, third, and fourth escapees would have close family on the outside to support them and help them make the transition. But who will be the first to go?

It's funny you compare them to the Amish, since they have the whole Rumpspringa thing where the youth get to go explore the world and be free and then choose whether they want that lifestyle or to stay Amish. I think that's pretty amazing they let their kids do that, wouldn't it be incredible if the Duggars and other QVF families had something similar? Which I know is impossible to ever hope for...

This. Absolutely. Plus given that 200 year plan (or whatever it is that is supposed to multiple their numbers so they can take over) isn't quite going to work is it? In fact, it's looking like it's not working already. The older Duggars, Arndts, 7 sisters and Botkins are at or past the ideal ages for getting married and filling their quivers. Ideally, they should all be married by now and popping out the kids, ala Kelly Bradrick.

The thing with the "200 year plan" is that people have "multigenerational faithfulness" to one patriarch. By that logic, daughters don't factor into this plan--if they get married, they will be popping out babies for someone else's 200 year plan. They really have no incentive to marry off the daughters.

It's funny you compare them to the Amish, since they have the whole Rumpspringa thing where the youth get to go explore the world and be free and then choose whether they want that lifestyle or to stay Amish. I think that's pretty amazing they let their kids do that, wouldn't it be incredible if the Duggars and other QVF families had something similar? Which I know is impossible to ever hope for...

I'm sure as few of them would escape as the Amish. The purpose of Rumspringa, from the perspective of the elders, isn't to let the kids get a taste of the real world, it's to show them how evil the real world is. To that end, they set up the kids to fail and come back.

Archived