IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I think moving to DC is the best thing that can happen to Josh, Anna, and their kids. While I disagree with many of Josh's political views, this is clearly what he wants to do with his life, as opposed to selling cars in a lot owned by his father. Hopefully, the organization Josh is working for will see fit to send him to college. Even if it's a conservative college, his brain will be better off than it is now.

And damn, poor Jinger! Michelle really comes off as a controlling bitch in that article. While I'm sure the situation is different in other Quiverfull families, the Duggars are all about feeding Michelle's addiction to pregnancy. Now that it looks like she can't have any more bay-beez, she's probably impossible to live with.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really feel sorry for Jinger if Mullet thinks that her goal in life is to live near a Walmart.

If he's going to FRC then I doubt his education wil matter. 19K is the acceptable mainstream face of fundyism. If smugs is going to FRC then its because he's a 'celeb'. He can bring the leg humping, shallow thinking fans to FRC. With smugs FRC can reach people they wouldn't have reqched before and they will get publicity in the mainstream media.

Its a win win all round as smugs will gain experience in lobbying and the will get his face and the Duggar brand.

I also wonder if smugs will do classes at PHC too.

Do you think that maybe he's going to be working for Patrick Henry College or HSLDA, in Purcellville VA and they just said, "Washington, DC" That wouldn't surprise me.

I was wondering if he was taking over one of the jobs Dan and Bethany Beasley held at the Homeschool Defense Leauge, which is also in Purcellville.

I live in MoCo, Maryland, and even the Republicans are too liberal for Josh and Anna.

I think moving to DC is the best thing that can happen to Josh, Anna, and their kids. While I disagree with many of Josh's political views, this is clearly what he wants to do with his life, as opposed to selling cars in a lot owned by his father. Hopefully, the organization Josh is working for will see fit to send him to college. Even if it's a conservative college, his brain will be better off than it is now..

This. Many people would be able to pursue their dreams earlier, but he was handicapped by lack of education, clingy parents, and early marriage. I can't snark on him persisting with his dream, even if I totally disagree with his political views. I'm not so sure about his brain being better off though - hell be cocooned in one kind of thinking. His views becoming his job means he's likely to be more invested in them, not less.

I agree with Dandruff and MandyLaLa-- the DC area is full of highly educated wanna-be (and actual) politicians and policy makers--I know what its like to have attended a *gasp* "public Ivy" university and be at parties surrounded by Ivy Leaguers talking about their recent dinner with this or that cabinet member, their new piece in Foreign Policy magazine, and their latest appearance on Fox or MSNBC. And some of them are Republicans. And they aren't necessarily being snobby or boastful--that is the life they live.

Josh will indeed be competing with a horde of Patrick Henry, Regent and Wheaton College grads who were president of the student council in high school, did an undergrad summer internship on Capitol Hill, and are wearing Brooks Brothers (or at least Joseph A. Banks) ties.

And they've all read Ayn Rand, Barry Goldwater and Tocqueville (or they know enough to pretend they have).

And they are going to ask Josh what he thinks about Friedrich von Hayek, the latest CBO deficit projections, and the Euro crisis.

One think I fear-- that Josh WILL manage to NOT get eaten alive in DC, at least for a while, and JimBob will get to hold him up as PROOF that it is totally unnecessary to get any sort post high-school education in order to get an "influentual" white collar office job.

Or he may have finished College Plus to have a paper credential and be enrolled in Gothard's law school. He won't be the only person to have an unaccredited law degree or the only JD with no membership at the Bar. In truth we honestly don't know if he has a degree or not. He could easily have earned one online by now. I work for a university (Not U Phoenix) that offers REAL degrees online.

While I have a BA and MA myself, a person who can talk, stay on message and has a great book of contacts can do as much in politics as a JD or BA or MBA any day. So what if he can't discuss de Tocqueville or dissect Ayn Rand. Can he bring in money? YES! Can he get tons of people in (at least for now) for a pay-for-a-photo-op Cheese ball party--OF COURSE. That's about 99% of politics today. Ok, he's not going to draw the crowd GHW Bush or GW Bush would, but he's going to pull people in for a long time yet--and that means he brings money in for very, very conservative candidates.

I was thinking this AM as I was looking at the resume of a college junior who wants to intern in my office this summer--what does the resume of someone like Josh look like?? He may indeed be enrolled in, or have finished, College Plus, but I don't believe I have noticed him referring to taking classes, exams, studying, etc.!

Perhaps Josh will be working to arrange this event, advertised on the LifeUnited (the anti-abortion coalition that the Duggars helped set up) website:

Value Voters Summit

Values Voter Summit boasts of being the premier conservative event of 2013, with a host of past speakers such as Rep. Michele Bachmann, Glenn Beck, Gary Bauer, Speaker John Boehner, Mathew Staver, Herman Cain, and many more. It focuses on limiting government, reducing spending, championing traditional values, and protecting America.

Washington DC - October 11 - 13 2013

Oh boy! These folks are going to realize they aren't in Oz anymore.

Before I bought my home in 2011, my one bedroom / one bath apartment in Annandale, VA (roughly 12 miles from DC) was $1,300 with utilities. It was a decent complex in a decent diverse neighborhood. Nothing special. I say that to say this, Fat Boy better be making some bank to support 3 kids and a wife if he plans to live in a picket fence non-diverse fundy neighborhood, if you know what I mean.

Sweet jeebus, this is going to be all kinds of interesting.

I hope that he is as lazy at this job as he was at the car lot. Poor Anna. Alone with three small kids, and no family near by. Free Anna!

Is it possible that the place he will be working has an apartment or condo to put him up in? That would make it possible for them to live there affordably.

I seriously doubt Josh has even a Gothard degree. If he did, the whole family would have been boasting about it a la Erin Bates and Clown College. There's been no mention of Josh taking online law courses in years. I mean, I will eat my frumper if he has anything besides the SOTDRT certificate.

He can't really "complete" College Plus, even if he were involved with it in the first place. It's not a college, or any sort of degree-granting institution. CP doesn't provide any actual education, just guidance for taking online assessments. Even Thomas Edison State College, which they hold up as the college most accepting of transfer credits, will only accept 90 credit-hours from CP-type assessments.

Josh has posted just about every CFA sandwich and order of flaming queso he's eaten in the last 2 years on the internet. There's no way he got any sort of degree certificate and didn't share that with the world.

Does anyone know when this "job" is supposed to start?

I'm pretty sure they said Anna would be delivering at a local birthing center and that Jill would be around to show off her new midwife skills. So if they do move to DC, I would guess later in the summer after the birth of M3.

If Smugger thinks he's going to take over DC he's sadly mistaken. He has no real high school diploma and no college. I'm sure this job will be another "I do a lot of work but I'm lazy when the cameras aren't on". He's all about his TV persona.

You bet it is! An average sized townhouse here (around 2,000 square feet) will run you near half a million in the suburbs, but closer to a million in the city itself. And then of course in the DC metro area, unlike Arkansas, you are almost certainly going to be paying an addition HOA fee on top of your mortgage payments. I've lived all over the country, and DC is by far the most expensive place I've lived (haven't lived in NYC though).

And the HOA wont let you park your hummer on the grass...

And the HOA wont let you park your hummer on the grass...

You can in Glen Burnie (but I think it needs to be tireless first)...

Just posted on Buzzfeed--

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/sourc ... ch-council

NATIONAL HARBOR, MD. — The oldest son of the Duggar family is joining the conservative Family Research Council in a senior executive position, according to three sources familiar with the organization.

The hiring of Josh Duggar, 25, the oldest of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 children, will be announced in about a month.

Duggar will be in charge of FRC Action, the organization's lobbying arm, sources told BuzzFeed. "FRC Action (formerly American Renewal), the non-profit and tax-exempt legislative action arm of Family Research Council, was founded in 1992 to educate the general public and cultural leaders about traditional American values and to promote the philosophy of the Founding Fathers concerning the nature of ordered liberty," according to FRC Action's website.

Christ on a Cracker--Josh Duggar, registered lobbyist.

Duggar will be in charge of FRC Action, the organization's lobbying arm, sources told BuzzFeed.

Based on what will he be "in charge"? His vast experience buying burgers for his family when they were holding signs for someone's campaigns? WTF?

Senior executive position? Please tell me this is a euphemism for "mail room clerk."

It means he will have lots of people doing work for him.

And here's the website of his alleged new employer, FRC Action: http://www.frcaction.org/

They are not for profit educational "and lobbying" groups? The two NFPs I'm heavily involved with are not allowed to be remotely political if we want to keep our NFP status. I didn't know you could have a NFP lobbying group.

ANyone with more knowledge chime in here, as I'm confused.

But, knowing who these people are, I wish the whole group of them nothing but failure, boils and impotence.

Just sayin'.

Can you imagine having Smuggar as a boss? I am actually shuddering. To all parties involved, good luck with that! *popcorn*

Match made in wingnut heaven.

Archived