IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

I say this now as a threat, not a promise. If TLC pays for Josh Duggar to live in DC and work at Family Research Council. THAT. MEANS. WAR. I dont mean, "Dear TLC, you suck" posts. I dont mean trolling their facebook page. I mean all out, balls to the wall, targeting advertisers, posting executive's email addresses, mailing fish to their headquarters WAR.

TLC pulled "All American Muslim" and various other shows. If they support FRC... :twisted:

I'll join in. They should've been boycotted and canceled when they were shown supporting Akin.

From what I read anyway, sounds like they were worse this episode....between Boob spewing Spanish at the Japanese, Jinger not having it with the geisha demonstration and Boob and CLown Car trying to make number 20 at the pod hotel while the girls try to keep the youngun's under control....

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anna was so odd in the Japan episodes. I wonder what happens when their life goes even more into mainstream, pop-culture and off Boobs radar...

Will she eventually leave Smugs? And - what I thought so often - will Smugs have an affair when he is a real politishun? I don't really buy his strong gawdly beliefs!

TLC definitely reads here, light work for some intern!

(Edited for Smuggle accusations!)

I agree, TLC does read here and I bet they read twop and IMDB. I also remember hearing something that Sean Overbeeke posted on some other message board about being a TLC producer and he had contact info put up.

Found this 5 pages back - looks like no new news means they are going to pretend it never happened....

Yeah. Clearly passed over? Or could it take that long?

If anyone is holding Josh back at this point, I think it's the TLC gravy train. It's too detrimental to their own brand to have the Duggars' native son join a hate group.

He's busy tweeting about the ATI Big Sandy conference, trying to get people to sign up and join the Duggars there.

Yeah, real busy running his Used Auto Empire.

I don't think they're going to DC. But, even if they did go, it wouldn't be freeing or eye-opening for Anna or Jinger. It would actually be much more isolating. Jinger sure as hell wouldn't meet different people at a local park while babysitting her niblings. She would only be allowed to take them to parks full of like-minded super-fundies. Since there are none in DC, that means no parks at all. Anna and the kids would be expected to remain completely isolated and sheltered within their apartment, going out only rarely for necessities like grocery shopping. If there are no fundies to socialize with, why does anyone think they'd just start associating with non-fundies? They'd go more extreme, socializing with nobody. It would become more of an Andrea Yates scenario, although not as extreme because Anna doesn't seem to have an underlying mental illness. For Anna's sake, Jinger would have to go along just so the two of them could keep each other company.

I don't think they're going to DC. But, even if they did go, it wouldn't be freeing or eye-opening for Anna or Jinger. It would actually be much more isolating. Jinger sure as hell wouldn't meet different people at a local park while babysitting her niblings. She would only be allowed to take them to parks full of like-minded super-fundies. Since there are none in DC, that means no parks at all. Anna and the kids would be expected to remain completely isolated and sheltered within their apartment, going out only rarely for necessities like grocery shopping. If there are no fundies to socialize with, why does anyone think they'd just start associating with non-fundies? They'd go more extreme, socializing with nobody. It would become more of an Andrea Yates scenario, although not as extreme because Anna doesn't seem to have an underlying mental illness. For Anna's sake, Jinger would have to go along just so the two of them could keep each other company.

They would probably socialize with the wives and children of Joshies co-workers. They most likely are pretty "like minded."

• 2 months later...

They would probably socialize with the wives and children of Joshies co-workers. They most likely are pretty "like minded."

One thing with or without Jinger Anna better learn quick and Jinger if she is along is if they are really going to live in the heart of DC is where to walk you can turn down the wrong street and you can wonder right into one of the worst crack neighbor hoods in the US.You can get beaten and rapped to death just stepping down the wrong street and once this show is gone which may be soon and there no longer is a body guard they can become sitting ducks.I don't think Josh wants his wife learning self defense but walking around in long skirt and people knowing you can't defend your self with no city knowledge makes you a target .I am not saying Anna is stupid or Jinger but they better learn quick how to handle themselves .As there sweet talking be nice attitude aren't going to cut when someone puts a knife to your throat.

One thing with or without Jinger Anna better learn quick and Jinger if she is along is if they really going to live in the heart of DC is where to walk you can turn down the wrong street and you can wonder right into one of the worst crack neighbor hoods in the US.You can get beaten and rapped to death just stepping down the wrong street and once this show is gone which may be soon and there no longer is a body guard they can become sitting ducks.I don't think Josh wants his wife learning self defense but walking around in long skirt and people knowing you can't defend your self with no city knowledge makes you a target .I am not saying Anna is stupid or Jinger but they better learn quick how to handle themselves .As there sweet talking be nice attitude aren't going to cut when someone puts a knife to your throat.

Despite the nonsense shown on tonight's show, the indications are that Josh and Anna are moving to a VA suburb.

Michelle never said Jinger was moving with them, only that she might be allowed to visit them.

Despite the nonsense shown on tonight's show, the indications are that Josh and Anna are moving to a VA suburb.

Michelle never said Jinger was moving with them, only that she might be allowed to visit them.

I am glad to hear as from my memory of DC the first area on the map that Josh sent Anna to was ok but the second area maybe so not so ok for Anna to walking alone with small children.I am sure with camera guys and a body guard you won't have an issue but walking it alone for someone like Anna espically at night may not be in her best interest.Of course maybe DC has changed since its been long time since I have been there.

It defenfity not the worst part of DC but Is a but rougher then what the Duggars are used to.

Even so, Anna is probably going to be a fish out of water. Chances are that spouses of Josh's coworkers are going to be a lot more educated, worldly and probably older than her.

One thing with or without Jinger Anna better learn quick and Jinger if she is along is if they are really going to live in the heart of DC is where to walk you can turn down the wrong street and you can wonder right into one of the worst crack neighbor hoods in the US.You can get beaten and rapped to death just stepping down the wrong street and once this show is gone which may be soon and there no longer is a body guard they can become sitting ducks.I don't think Josh wants his wife learning self defense but walking around in long skirt and people knowing you can't defend your self with no city knowledge makes you a target .I am not saying Anna is stupid or Jinger but they better learn quick how to handle themselves .As there sweet talking be nice attitude aren't going to cut when someone puts a knife to your throat.

Having lived in the area for many years, I think this description is a tad overblown, although as with any big city, one must be very careful after dark.

Not overblown at all. I live near Detroit. Look at someone the wrong way and you're liable to be rapped to death twice over. :P

Seriously, though. It's true, a lot of people are needlessly terrified of big cities with 'dangerous' reputations. People who have moved here from out of town are sometimes SHOCKED that I often go to Detroit and ask me if I feel safe there. I have never felt unsafe in Detroit, day or night. Just use common sense. Don't wander around alone, stick to the city core/safe areas, don't start fights... Anna will probably be spending the vast majority of her time in a suburb anyway, so she should be okay. But yeah, it's never a bad idea to brush up on your street smarts.

B ased on the bios of the future coworkers, they are more educated and have fewer kids than Josh or Anna's family. That said, it is not unusual for companies to help with moving expenses, have a realtor to go with the couple or wife to check out apartments/houses, set up a lunch or dinner with the new employees or the wife with other wives to get ot know one another and she may have an assigned mentor (or someone may just find her likeable and step up) This isn't the kind of organization that should just let her frumper her way through DC. They have a hard enough time getting thier message mainstreamed without looking like Amish Pilgrims. That said, it will be interesting to see how they do at that event somone posted last week that included cocktail hours and multi hour grip and grins.

If they are smart, they will learn what to wear, how to get their clothing tailored so it fits (if I recall, Josh's suits often are not all that well fitted) and how to play the game. I have had mentors, my husband has had mentors--but you have to listen to what is said, it isn't always direct. We'll see if they can pull this off.

I agree that both Josh and Anna will need assistance in mainstreaming themselves and hopefully they will both have mentors that will assist in good faith and also that they will listen to them. Even so, I can see Josh or Anna deciding that DC is too worldly for them and decide to escape the den of iniquity in a few months.

Edited to include quote being responded to.

Having lived in the area for many years, I think this description is a tad overblown, although as with any big city, one must be very careful after dark.

People should be careful after dark no matter where they are. If I go to the grocery in my low-crime suburb after dark, I need to be aware of my surroundings, including people. When I leave class in Detroit after dark, I need to be aware of my surroundings, including people.

Truth be told, I often feel safer in Detroit than in the 'burbs.

Not overblown at all. I live near Detroit. Look at someone the wrong way and you're liable to be rapped to death twice over. :P

Seriously, though. It's true, a lot of people are needlessly terrified of big cities with 'dangerous' reputations. People who have moved here from out of town are sometimes SHOCKED that I often go to Detroit and ask me if I feel safe there. I have never felt unsafe in Detroit, day or night. Just use common sense. Don't wander around alone, stick to the city core/safe areas, don't start fights... Anna will probably be spending the vast majority of her time in a suburb anyway, so she should be okay. But yeah, it's never a bad idea to brush up on your street smarts.

I'm actually moving to downtown Detroit next month and if one more person asks me if I'm afraid of rape and murder, I'm going to scream. My best friend has lived there for a year and is fine. Chicago (where I used to live) is just as bad as Detroit but the D gets such a bad rap. There's crime in every city and people just need to be vigilant and not stupid.

And yes, I know it gets cold there in winter. Shesh.

I can't see Anna or Josh doing well without their family around. They have a constant reassurance bubble that they live in and when confronted with so many different world views and family types, they will freak out and head back south to stay within that belief set.

I'm actually moving to downtown Detroit next month and if one more person asks me if I'm afraid of rape and murder, I'm going to scream. My best friend has lived there for a year and is fine. Chicago (where I used to live) is just as bad as Detroit but the D gets such a bad rap. There's crime in every city and people just need to be vigilant and not stupid.

And yes, I know it gets cold there in winter. Shesh.

Seriously!! I love Detroit! It's a great city, downtown is awesome, beautiful architecture... just a great place. Yes, if you stray out of the core area you're getting into bad neighbourhoods, which is sad, but it's easy to avoid. And Detroit is on the rebound. You need to go to Small Plates if you've never been, it's right across from the Opera House, really cool place and amazing food. Welcome to the area. :)

Seriously!! I love Detroit! It's a great city, downtown is awesome, beautiful architecture... just a great place. Yes, if you stray out of the core area you're getting into bad neighbourhoods, which is sad, but it's easy to avoid. And Detroit is on the rebound. You need to go to Small Plates if you've never been, it's right across from the Opera House, really cool place and amazing food. Welcome to the area. :)

Detroit rocks, and it is only 45 mins to Lansing, my neck of the woods. So much to do around here and the food is great!

Detroit rocks, and it is only 45 mins to Lansing, my neck of the woods. So much to do around here and the food is great!

I'm looking forward to living in the D. I already have season tickets to the Red Wings and the Symphony. I think I'm all set. As long as my friend closes on her condo, where I plan to live. I'm a huge fan of the food. I love Bucharest and all the coney places. I will def give Small Plates a try as well.

I'm glad to hear both of you say good things. I visit often enough to know that Detroit is totally coming back. I also can afford a house, which I'll never afford in Chicago. And the architecture is amazing!!!!

I'm looking forward to living in the D. I already have season tickets to the Red Wings and the Symphony. I think I'm all set. As long as my friend closes on her condo, where I plan to live. I'm a huge fan of the food. I love Bucharest and all the coney places. I will def give Small Plates a try as well.

I'm glad to hear both of you say good things. I visit often enough to know that Detroit is totally coming back. I also can afford a house, which I'll never afford in Chicago. And the architecture is amazing!!!!

Try LaPita at Warren and Cass (next to Barnes & Noble). They have awesome smoothies (I like the Femme Fatale) and chicken schwarma. Welcome to the D! :greetings-wavegreen:

Try LaPita at Warren and Cass (next to Barnes & Noble). They have awesome smoothies (I like the Femme Fatale) and chicken schwarma. Welcome to the D! :greetings-wavegreen:

Wow...lot's of Detroit area people on this board!!! Please keep all food suggestions coming. And any ideas for things to do that a newcomer might not know about. And can I have a big "hell yeah" for leaving the bible belt and moving to an area that seems a bit more progressive? So tired of being preached to and told that I just need a man and god in my life.

Archived