IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are not for profit educational "and lobbying" groups? The two NFPs I'm heavily involved with are not allowed to be remotely political if we want to keep our NFP status. I didn't know you could have a NFP lobbying group.

ANyone with more knowledge chime in here, as I'm confused.

But, knowing who these people are, I wish the whole group of them nothing but failure, boils and impotence.

Just sayin'.

Apparently a 501c(3) non profit has to be very careful about lobbying, and cannot have lobbying as their main function. A 501c(4) or (6) organization can lobby with no limitations. I don't know what differentiates between them though.

You keep forgetting whoever the duggers promote fails so this can be a win for us. After this gig hobby lobby and chick fil a.

I'm not sure there's any more snobbery than there is in any place that is the center of a high-profile industry (think Hollywood, Wall Street). But people on or near the Hill are EXTREMELY highly educated, and the political culture takes some skill to navigate.

I say this as an attorney who graduated at the top of my class from a top law school, sitting in an office on Pennsylvania Avenue, but who is nonethless a nobody, even within my own firm. But, hey, I graduated from a windowless office to an office on the atrium a few months ago!

Ditto. I'm an attorney working as a peon within the federal government. Kids graduating with LLMs (an advanced law degree one gets after a JD) start out making $50,000 in my office. Most have roommates or teeny studio apartments in not-so great areas. Prices in the DC region are much higher than "typical city prices."

Just posted on Buzzfeed--

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/sourc ... ch-council

NATIONAL HARBOR, MD. — The oldest son of the Duggar family is joining the conservative Family Research Council in a senior executive position, according to three sources familiar with the organization.

The hiring of Josh Duggar, 25, the oldest of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 children, will be announced in about a month.

Duggar will be in charge of FRC Action, the organization's lobbying arm, sources told BuzzFeed. "FRC Action (formerly American Renewal), the non-profit and tax-exempt legislative action arm of Family Research Council, was founded in 1992 to educate the general public and cultural leaders about traditional American values and to promote the philosophy of the Founding Fathers concerning the nature of ordered liberty," according to FRC Action's website.

Christ on a Cracker--Josh Duggar, registered lobbyist.

FRC's back-tracking a little, claiming that this actually hasn't been decided yet. Too many howls of derision from people who might actually be qualified for the job?

It'll be announced in a month? Um, we've traveled forward in time, then. If it's on Radar and Buzzfeed, it's been announced.

Ditto. I'm an attorney working as a peon within the federal government. Kids graduating with LLMs (an advanced law degree one gets after a JD) start out making $50,000 in my office. Most have roommates or teeny studio apartments in not-so great areas. Prices in the DC region are much higher than "typical city prices."

So, what's the payoff for that kind of life? Not enough money, scads of student loans to repay. What's the upside?

FRC's back-tracking a little, claiming that this actually hasn't been decided yet. Too many howls of derision from people who might actually be qualified for the job?

Of course. He's too stupid to know they were just courting him, and hadn't promised him a ring, yet. Then he has to go and blab it out. That will be his first lesson in keeping his mouth shut.

So, what's the payoff for that kind of life? Not enough money, scads of student loans to repay. What's the upside?

Either you really like the work (because, IMO, DC really does have the best, most interesting legal work), or you move on to something else if you can. Personally, I'm leaving this summer to take a crack at becoming a law professor.

Yes, it's unfair that Josh has a real job while many more qualified languish in dead end ones. That's just how our society works. We live in a world where Paris Hilton makes more than surgeons and Palin is a political star. This is not the first time a celebrity jumps ahead of the line. Josh will float on his family name until he can't. Then he will go back to Arkansas and maybe take up selling used cars again. I don't think he'll find any traction in DC. He has neither the skills nor the work ethic to make things work.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Family research Counsel's Form 990 for 2010. I call your attention to page 7 and 8 where it lists the salaries of the executives.

207.153.189.83/EINS/521792772/521792772_2010_0836fcfe.PDF

They all make 100k+ and not all of them work 40 hours a week. Perfect fit for smuggums.

edited to break link

For ease...

post-315-14451997119132_thumb.jpg

I left off the CEO, Anthony Perkins, who makes about 200k because he's listed above the trustees and that would be annoying to edit out.

Why oh why is this god damn smug piece of NOTHING getting this all delivered to him on a silver plate?!?! :evil:

This should finally make it clear that there is no God.

If they are still considering him (rookie move, Josh!), he's not going to be making that much. If he does, I welcome them throwing their money down the drain like that.

ETA: Also, note that the only woman on that list makes significantly less than anyone else. Because, really, she should be home.

Yes, link http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/sourc ... ch-council now reads

"The oldest son of the Duggar family could be joining the conservative Family Research Council in a senior executive position, according to three sources familiar with the organization. ..."

And they stuck on an update:

"UPDATE: FRC's Vice President for Communications, JP Duffy, said that a final decision had not been made on Duggar's hiring. " We greatly appreciate Josh and the Duggar family's devotion to the pro-family movement and their counter-cultural courage," Duffy said. "This is why we have talked to Josh about the position. We have talked to him as well as other candidates but no decision has been made." (3/15/2013)"

How embarrassing if he does not get it. How super embarrassing if he does not get it because of the instagrams.

Mr. Duffy is going to have to earn his 100K dealing with us and all of smugly's instagrams.

CATHOLICS = WRONG BELIEFS!

SOUTH CAROLINA SHORT BUS

I don't have a thick enough skin to go check, but I wonder if this is a topic of discussion at various conservative/fundie-politico message boards, and if so, what their response is. I'd love to see some Young Republican who has served his time doing drudge work pitch a fit.

Why oh why is this god damn smug piece of NOTHING getting this all delivered to him on a silver plate?!?! :evil:

This should finally make it clear that there is no God.

No shit! It's the same thing with Bristol Palin. She is not smart, educated or terribly bright. And she has no discernable talent or skill yet she's treated as if she's somethings special. She got an acting role, she was on "Dancing With the Stars," she has a memoir out, and she got paid huge speaking fees for standing behind a podium talking about abstinence. And she was actually offered a radio hosting gig a few years ago. Since when is an inarticulate, personality-free dullard like Bristol worthy of hosting a radio show?

Well, it's sure interesting to see the FRC updates backpedaling . Either someone jumped the gun or mayhap a young republican who has put in his dues is raising a ruckus, as ceg405 suggests.

It means he will have lots of people doing work for him.

I fully expect that by August (traditionally a slow month in D.C.), we will start seeing unfavorable stories about Smuggar pop up in the Reliable Source and Wonkette from "Unnamed Conservative Sources".

Well, it's sure interesting to see the FRC updates backpedaling . Either someone jumped the gun or mayhap a young republican who has put in his dues is raising a ruckus, as ceg405 suggests.

:pray: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please... :pray: :pray:

:pray: Oh Please, Oh Please, Oh Please... :pray: :pray:

Not much commentary in the blogosphere, although Jermajesty Duggar did post Smuggar's "short bus" photo and comment on Buzzfeed :p.

If they are still considering him (rookie move, Josh!), he's not going to be making that much. If he does, I welcome them throwing their money down the drain like that.

ETA: Also, note that the only woman on that list makes significantly less than anyone else. Because, really, she should be home.

I was just going to mention this. I truly doubt Smugs will be making as much as the folks on that form, but who knows?

The more money they piss away on hime, the less they have to piss away on removing my rights.

That pissed me off, so I ran the compensation per hour calculation; of the 11 we can see, she is the second-lowest, with #16, Duffy, the least. #21, Gacek, makes only slightly higher than her.

But, she (and some of the other 11) were paid by outside corp, as well. That nearly doubled her compensation per hour, making her one of the best paid, if you consider requiring 2 paychecks to equal one of her male coworkers' "best."

Humph.

Archived