IGNORED

Josh Duggar Has a New Job?

weiwei

Can you imagine having Smuggar as a boss? I am actually shuddering. To all parties involved, good luck with that! *popcorn*

Match made in wingnut heaven.

I wonder if he will be allowed to play with his toys at work. Honestly, I dont see him being put in a position of Authority. He will probably be a spokes person but nothing more.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you imagine having Smuggar as a boss? I am actually shuddering. To all parties involved, good luck with that! *popcorn*

Match made in wingnut heaven.

Hmm. Looking on the site I think there is a staff of '4'

8000 thousand likes on FB ..yup world changing stuff that.

Downton Abbey FB page has 1,129,662 likes. :lol:

"Senior executive position"? Please let me this is just another inflated title. I can't imagine him running a significant organization in any capacity! What experience does he bring to lobbying? Or to management? It sounds almost like a publicity stunt. Having a fundie celebrity will bring eyes to the camera, I'm sure. I hope that's all it is. OTOH, it may be funny to watch Josh try to navigate DC politics and rub shoulders with people who will no doubt think very little of him.

As many suspected, sounds like he's being hired for his name and not for any particular talent/qualifications. It'll be interesting to see what happens...I don't see Josh as particularly charismatic or media-savvy, even after almost a decade on camera. He also seems content to lazily drift along on his family's reputation. Since he appears to lack the passion and focus of many career-driven DCers, I see him content to hit the gala/fundraising circuit and schmooze with lots of top-level RW nutjobs, which could lead to all sorts of interesting vices.

ETA: I do pity the poor underlings who have to work for him, though, even if they're RW nutjobs themselves.

K Street is going to eat Smuggar alive :lol Good luck lobbying, he can't put together a coherent sentence when stumping for Sanatorium, and knowing he'll have to publicly speak. I'd love to see him try to lobby a 5 year old, never mind an actual politician.

It means he will have lots of people doing work for him.

A promotion to his level of incompetence.

I wonder if he will be allowed to play with his toys at work. Honestly, I dont see him being put in a position of Authority. He will probably be a spokes person but nothing more.

Honestly, he's probably going to be making phone calls out of somebody's basement. "Hi. I'm Josh Duggar of the famous for procreating Duggar family and I'd like to talk to you about having as many babies as you can for Jesus..."

According to the latest lobbying disclosure forms, FRC had 2 federally registered lobbyists in 2012 and spent $56,000 on lobbying.

You can ready about their lobbyists, and their Political Action Committee, at the Center for Responsive Politics website, http://www.opensecrets.org or on the lobbying disclosure of the Senate website, http://www.senate.gov

Family Research Council is located in Penn Quarter in DC: 801 G St NW Washington, DC 20001

(202) 393-2100-- so unless Josh and Anna are willing to spend a million to live in the District, Josh is facing a really long commute.

There was shooting in the lobby last August-- a pretty heroic security guard was shot:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/und ... _blog.html

"Senior executive"?! Are you kidding me? Meanwhile, some of us, with college degrees and references out the window, are begging for part-time jobs. NOT FAIR. :cry:

As many suspected, sounds like he's being hired for his name and not for any particular talent/qualifications. It'll be interesting to see what happens...I don't see Josh as particularly charismatic or media-savvy, even after almost a decade on camera. He also seems content to lazily drift along on his family's reputation. Since he appears to lack the passion and focus of many career-driven DCers, I see him content to hit the gala/fundraising circuit and schmooze with lots of top-level RW nutjobs, which could lead to all sorts of interesting vices.

ETA: I do pity the poor underlings who have to work for him, though, even if they're RW nutjobs themselves.

Ha. They deserve him.

You're absolutely right though. His ego is 10 times larger than his IQ and although he's very extraverted and ridiculously over-confident, he's little more than an awkward, ignorant bumpkin who lacks sufficient self-awareness to even begin to change. Man, I'd sign up to watch this all unfold on a pay-per-view reality show, but that sadly isn't going to happen.

Ha. They deserve him.

You're absolutely right though. His ego is 10 times larger than his IQ and although he's very extraverted and ridiculously over-confident, he's little more than an awkward, ignorant bumpkin who lacks sufficient self-awareness to even begin to change. Man, I'd sign up to watch this all unfold on a pay-per-view reality show, but that sadly isn't going to happen.

Yeah, I admit, there might be a *tiny* part of me smirking to think about good ol' Christian college boys grumbling as the prince leapfrogs his way into a corner office. Granted, the fact that he's in a corner office at all makes me grimace regardless. Congratulations, kids--this is what happens when you value bulk babymaking over education and life experience. You reap what you sow.

"Senior executive"?! Are you kidding me? Meanwhile, some of us, with college degrees and references out the window, are begging for part-time jobs. NOT FAIR. :cry:

My thoughts exactly when I read about his "senior executive" position. My only comfort on this is when he falls on his face and I see that as a "when" not an "if". No matter how much assistance he has to cover for his inabilities, it's just a matter of time that he will do something stupid or embarassing.

He is going to have such a hard time when he realises he isnt awesome and that he actually has to do work instead of eating out and taking pictures of his food.

I think that is what most of the older Duggar kids need though, to experience the real world and realise that the SOTDRT and TLC cant give them everything in life.

Everyone keeps referencing how he is just a country bumpkin and can't get anywhere...but are you forgetting about the boatload of morons in the house and senate? Legitimate rape Todd Akin anyone? Im not too worried yet because smugger is such a dumbass but people are voting for these dipsauces and if smugger did try to run for something I do think there would have to be at least a decent opponent to make sure he doesn't win.

If his workers google him, they'll surely find his infamous instagram twat and pictures. Really how long will he last? Are we going to see an "i apologize for being stupid but jebus saved me" speech? Completed with glancing at iphone?

Everyone keeps referencing how he is just a country bumpkin and can't get anywhere...but are you forgetting about the boatload of morons in the house and senate? Legitimate rape Todd Akin anyone? Im not too worried yet because smugger is such a dumbass but people are voting for these dipsauces and if smugger did try to run for something I do think there would have to be at least a decent opponent to make sure he doesn't win.

Yeah, but even if the nuts in the House and Senate have some sort of work ethic when it comes to getting elected. Can you honestly picture Josh getting up at 6am every day during election season and hitting the campaign trail? They also have to have some understanding of how to "be" a politician--learn how to keep your mouth shut on social media, avoid making sweeping, extremist remarks out loud, put on that "nice guy/girl" image, etc. Josh does none of those things.

I detest Mr. Legitimate Rape as much as the next gal, but Josh isn't anywhere near his league.

Todd Akin graduated from the John Burroughs School, a private prep school in suburban St. Louis, and went on to attend Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts, earning a B.S. degree in engineering from WPI's School of Business in 1971.

Following his college graduation, Akin served as an engineer officer in the National Guard of the U.S. Army then served in the Army Reserve until 1980. After leaving active duty, Akin worked as a salesman for IBM marketing large computer systems, and later went to work in management in the family steel business.

He is going to have such a hard time when he realises he isnt awesome and that he actually has to do work instead of eating out and taking pictures of his food.

I think that is what most of the older Duggar kids need though, to experience the real world and realise that the SOTDRT and TLC cant give them everything in life.

I'm positive he'll find the time to continue that stupid hobby.

The Family Research Council's location in Penn Quarter/Chinatown DC might explain why Josh posts so many pictures from that area--and goes to sporting events in the Verizon Center, 2 blocks away. Perhaps the FRC holds some season tickets.

I think Anna is going to be very lonely. I agree-- free Anna!

Based on what people are quoting, it sounds like DC has typical city prices + an amazing amount of snobbery. Moving will be a great reality check and growth experience, but in that kind of environment a fundie would probably see it as proof of how shallow and wicked the world is. I bet it just reinforces the smugness and belief that they are special and should maintain separation from secular society.

(I'm probably biased, though, because these descriptions of life in DC make it sound like a terrible place to live, at least for me).

First of all, I want footage of Anna trying to make conversation with other D.C. wives.

Second, just thought I would share what I just posted on FB along with this story, for my non-fundie-stalking friends:

SO...this ignorant, smug as hell, entitled douchebag with a fundamentalist Christian homeschool education and no college degree, who spends his days making fun of gay and disabled folks on Twitter, famous for nothing apart from being the oldest son of a couple that loves to procreate for Jesus, is getting a senior executive position at a conservative DCthink tank.

Two things:

1. This is why I can't stand the Duggars.

2. I want everyone who ever told me there was no issue with fundies moving into U.S. government to eat their hats and send me the video.

Based on what people are quoting, it sounds like DC has typical city prices + an amazing amount of snobbery. Moving will be a great reality check and growth experience, but in that kind of environment a fundie would probably see it as proof of how shallow and wicked the world is. I bet it just reinforces the smugness and belief that they are special and should maintain separation from secular society.

(I'm probably biased, though, because these descriptions of life in DC make it sound like a terrible place to live, at least for me).

I'm not sure there's any more snobbery than there is in any place that is the center of a high-profile industry (think Hollywood, Wall Street). But people on or near the Hill are EXTREMELY highly educated, and the political culture takes some skill to navigate.

I say this as an attorney who graduated at the top of my class from a top law school, sitting in an office on Pennsylvania Avenue, but who is nonethless a nobody, even within my own firm. But, hey, I graduated from a windowless office to an office on the atrium a few months ago!

Just posted on Buzzfeed--

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/sourc ... ch-council

NATIONAL HARBOR, MD. — The oldest son of the Duggar family is joining the conservative Family Research Council in a senior executive position, according to three sources familiar with the organization.

The hiring of Josh Duggar, 25, the oldest of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's 19 children, will be announced in about a month.

Duggar will be in charge of FRC Action, the organization's lobbying arm, sources told BuzzFeed. "FRC Action (formerly American Renewal), the non-profit and tax-exempt legislative action arm of Family Research Council, was founded in 1992 to educate the general public and cultural leaders about traditional American values and to promote the philosophy of the Founding Fathers concerning the nature of ordered liberty," according to FRC Action's website.

Christ on a Cracker--Josh Duggar, registered lobbyist.

About FRC Action

Fighting for the American Family

FRC Action (formerly American Renewal), the non-profit and tax-exempt legislative action arm of Family Research Council, was founded in 1992 to educate the general public and cultural leaders about traditional American values and to promote the philosophy of the Founding Fathers concerning the nature of ordered liberty.

FRC Action is a 501©(4), non-profit education and lobbying organization based in Washington, D.C. FRC Action is dedicated to preserving and advancing the interests of family, faith, and freedom in the political arena.

FRC Action has underwritten the costs of video campaigns on public policy issues, supported advocacy advertising on these issues, and provided the nation's political parties with information on traditional American values.

FRC Action seeks to fortify the traditional foundations of civil society through efforts to educate, inform and influence elected officials in support of the country's historic ideals of equality under the law, and the unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness on which the nation was founded.

I think this job might be perfect for Smuggar. He loves to pontificate, and now he'll have a much larger audience to pontificate to. He tows the Tea Party line well, and those ho on't know he is uneducated and just repeating what he herd less here might actually listen o him. VERY SCARY!

Archived