IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

It reminds me of when Nancy Campbell seemed to have no issue with the fact that her daughter and family were living on the top floor of a house that had flooded, with the only heat coming from a fireplace that released smoke into the room and required everyone to wear goggles.

Goggles? WTF...

Where can I find this little gem?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, if they're "home" is in the shop, where are they staying?

I'm wondering that as well. Where is Ester on bed rest?

This "man" needs to get a reality check and a wake up call! Shame on him for getting his wife pregnant again when he can't support the 7 kids they already have. She most def should be having a c section and all he cares about his himself and asking people for prayers. For once use your brain that god gave you and get your wife proper medical care!

Even the "official" stance of the American College of Obstetricians - which is extremely conservative and pro-intervention - doesn't advise intervention with a baby that is doing well until sometime during the 43rd week of pregnancy - so I really don't understand this huge" omg ! the baby is past the due date ! cut her open" thing.

It sounds from his update like it was a flu and sinus infection that was treated, they kept her at the birth center to watch her to be sure she was okay before sending her home for bed rest until she goes into labor. The baby is doing fine on the non-stress tests, and she is right at 42 weeks it sounds like - if her dates are right - so good medical care would say she is induced sometime in the next week if she doesn't go into labor on her own. She's had a lot of children and is dilating and having contractions/braxton hicks that come and go - that isn't unusual. It doesn't sound like her water has broken or is leaking. The baby being at a 0 or +1 is good. Problems come up when the baby is still high up when the water breaks because the cord is more likely to prolapse - which in an actual emergency, and is more likely to happen with induction. I had that happen to me - it was terrifying, and my child suffers from some learning difficulties and other problems that I am pretty sure were caused by the lack of oxygen while they raced to do the c-section. I would never, ever have agreed to induction without good medical cause if I had known the risks. There are risks to being overdue - but there are also risks to induction.

I understand there is an increased risk of stillbirth past 42 weeks - but even that increased risk means that 993 infants out of a thousand will be fine, as opposed to 996 infants at 40 weeks. So the people freaking out saying they can't believe this will end well seem to be really overly frantic.

I was looking through photos on his FB yesterday & it really annoyed me that he photographs the houses that people let the family stay in & a table covered in groceries somebody had purchased for them & attributes it all to god. God didn't do that for you a kind homeowner did so your family doesn't freeze to death in a caravan!!!!!!!!!!!

The workshy bastard needs to get a job & a permanent house & save up to do mission trips or become a real pastor instead of imposing poverty on his family. What good is he going to do anyway? I'm sure paying for 7 nurses fresh out of uni or some tradesmen or something to go there would be far more useful.

He makes Josh & David look like perfect husbands. Esther really drew the short straw.

I honestly would feel bad for John but I just can't find a single bit of soul in my heart to give him any ounce of sympathy. He CHOSE to put his family through Hell and he CHOSE to not work all for this stupid mission trip to Zambia. He could have, like any good and loving husband, get a fucking job and help support his family with little amount of money he would be making but, nope, he chose not to. Why?! Because supposedly God has better plans for him, such as traveling to Africa and convert those "heathens" into Jesus loving Christians. Oh yes, because of every thing that's going on in this world, God's main concern is converting the non-Christians into Christians.

There are so many people out there who are living below poverty line but they at least, for the most part, bust their ass off to provide a roof over their family's head, no matter how hard it gets. John, on the other hand, doesn't want to do any of that and now he's asking us to pray for him and his deteriorating health because of the current stress he has? Hey John, guess what?! You wouldn't have some of this stress if you could just be a better provider and get a fucking job! Your family needs a HOME to live in. Stop dragging them around and bragging about how all these churches are taking you in, as if your family is so special. You CAN change all of this but for some reason, common sense appears to not be one of your strong points.

You know, with all this moving around, I wonder just how much schooling their children are even getting, especially now with Esther being on bed rest. Clearly we can't count on John doing all of that-nope, he's probably just passing his days with sitting in the prayer closet, praying for the next stop he should take. John, God gave us a brain for a reason-use it once in a while, why don't you.

I feel horrible for those children. I truly do-if I have any ounce of sympathy, I feel horrible for those children. I actually feel bad for Esther in a way too. She's been taught to never question her husband's beliefs, no matter how stupid and selfish they are, so I highly doubt she'll even voice her concerns.

I'm not defending him, because I think foreign missions are generally a really bad idea. But in his situation, given their belief system, he is doing what he absolutely must do if he truly believes god has "called" him to be a missionary. This is how the fundie churches do it. Missionaries are the lowest of the low and the poorest of the poor. He can't have a job. His job is to get money for the mission which, again, he believes is from god and cannot be denied. Those churches require that he come, be physically present, preach, put on a presentation about the country he is going to and be grateful for what they give him. Many of these missionaries need the support of 30 to 50 churches. There's only one service a week. There is nothing but travel travel travel involved inbetween pimping out your family and your preaching abilities.

I knew many missionary kids in my past life. It is the suck of the suck but they are told that it's gods will so they aren't allowed to begrudge it. Most of the kids dragged through that come out the other side fucked up. But the system never changes. If IFB churches would get their shit together they would model their missions after the Mormons who actually do it right and who don't create all kinds of suffering for families in their missions program and they spread it around, everyone has to do it. Young single people who are well supported is the only way to go if you insist you must have missionaries IMO.

It is possible that they are staying in a church. More updated churches in the IFB have what they call prophets chambers in them which are used by visiting pastors or missionaries. So they could be holed up in one of those which I imagine is awesome because there's probably 2 bedrooms tops.

And I hope she has that baby soon, this whole situation is very disturbing.

I imagine Esther's sister, Rebekah, is in pain when she thinks of her perpetually pregnant sister and all her little nieces and nephews living in a pop-up trailer. Esther is the sister closest in age to Rebekah, I think. Daniel Keller was also one of the elder kids and he must be so pissed off at his brother-in-law for putting his sis in that situation. I do feel kind of sorry for Esther, but she would probably scorn my heathen pity. The kids are in the worst situation. They are all little right now, there's no end to the babies, Daddy won't get a job to help support them, Mommy is tired and puts off homeschooling yet again - plus it is really hard to home school in a pop-up, and they have to smile and ask for handouts to go to Africa. :cry:

I'm not defending him, because I think foreign missions are generally a really bad idea. But in his situation, given their belief system, he is doing what he absolutely must do if he truly believes god has "called" him to be a missionary. This is how the fundie churches do it. Missionaries are the lowest of the low and the poorest of the poor. He can't have a job. His job is to get money for the mission which, again, he believes is from god and cannot be denied. Those churches require that he come, be physically present, preach, put on a presentation about the country he is going to and be grateful for what they give him. Many of these missionaries need the support of 30 to 50 churches. There's only one service a week. There is nothing but travel travel travel involved inbetween pimping out your family and your preaching abilities.

I knew many missionary kids in my past life. It is the suck of the suck but they are told that it's gods will so they aren't allowed to begrudge it. Most of the kids dragged through that come out the other side fucked up. But the system never changes. If IFB churches would get their shit together they would model their missions after the Mormons who actually do it right and who don't create all kinds of suffering for families in their missions program and they spread it around, everyone has to do it. Young single people who are well supported is the only way to go if you insist you must have missionaries IMO.

It is possible that they are staying in a church. More updated churches in the IFB have what they call prophets chambers in them which are used by visiting pastors or missionaries. So they could be holed up in one of those which I imagine is awesome because there's probably 2 bedrooms tops.

And I hope she has that baby soon, this whole situation is very disturbing.

I'm not so sure the Mormon's do it right either. They take 18 or 19 year old young men, require them to raise the money themselves for the mission, and then send them off to a mission field for 2 years. They aren't allowed any time alone, often take away their passports when they get where they are going, and they are only allowed to call home twice a year; Mother's Day and Christmas.(Guess Father's aren't special) They can write letters home on their one day off a week but no phone calls or texting. I guess it's better than messing up a whole family like some of these fundies do, but it's still sad to me that they try to keep the young men so isolated from their families.

I'm not so sure the Mormon's do it right either. They take 18 or 19 year old young men, require them to raise the money themselves for the mission, and then send them off to a mission field for 2 years. They aren't allowed any time alone, often take away their passports when they get where they are going, and they are only allowed to call home twice a year; Mother's Day and Christmas.(Guess Father's aren't special) They can write letters home on their one day off a week but no phone calls or texting. I guess it's better than messing up a whole family like some of these fundies do, but it's still sad to me that they try to keep the young men so isolated from their families.

Like I said, I think missions in general is a really bad idea. I wish the Mormons wouldn't do it either but I do think it's a heck of a lot easier for a young single person to endure something they know is a 2 year stint and that's it. All the isolation and everything mentioned is also present in what the IFB does, basically because they are so poor, with the added pressure of basically never being able to quit and only being able to return to the US once every 3-5 years to again run your family ragged while begging for money.

This is what happens when you think God talks to you though........you do stuff that makes no sense because you think a big invisible guy in the sky is going to punish you if you don't. It's all crap.

Posted less than two minutes ago (10:08 EST):

Should be a new little Shrader within the hour! Pray!

I think he is a lazy con man and becoming a missionary is his latest scheme. I have NO sympathy for him.

I'm really glad I was mistaken about my post last night! Will keep watching to see a hopefully healthy arrival soon.

I agree with all of you who think his updates all about him are appalling. A.ppall.ing. :x

I think he is a lazy con man and becoming a missionary is his latest scheme. I have NO sympathy for him.

Yeah, that basically sums up how I feel about all IFB pastors and missionaries. 8-)

I wish missions and mission work would stop. Just how many people are left in the world who haven't heard the message? Converting people from one religion or denomination to another is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

I hope all is going well for Esther.

We have a baby!!!! 9:31 pm central time. No other info yet. Beautiful baby girl! Thanks prayer partners. Love you all.

2 people like this.

John Shrader Placenta is out. All going great, Esther doing fantastic!

Glad that this ended well. I admit that I am quite surprised.

I'm guessing he can stop "babysitting" now that his wife is no longer on bedrest.

From the little I've read about him, he strikes me as the type who'd go gung-ho on a shady pyramid scheme or something similar. Basically, anything but an actual job requiring actual work. Some crazy new idea every few weeks.

I have never heard of a Mormon Missionary getting their passport taken away from them. When my husband was in Germany on a mission he had to keep his on him when they were out, I think it was a legal issue. I don't get why it would be a negative that a young person going on a mission would have to raise their own money. Have a goal and work for it. Why is that bad? They can also call home if there is a valid reason, like when my husband had to have his appendix out or when my best friend's grandfather passed on. The call bit is so super clingy parents won't call all the time(like my nutcase of a mother in law). I've seen missions make young adult grow up and become much more functional adults. I've also seen missions just be two years of fucking around. It depends on the person.

That being said, this Shrader guy is a piece of work and should be ashamed of himself for what conditions he makes his family live in to follow a call from "god". I'm glad the new baby seems to be doing alright.

How old is Esther? It looks like she may be able to give Mullet a run for her money.

Archived