IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear things are ok for now.

This, however, "daddy has been busy babysitting." It is not "babysitting" when it is your own kids! It's called being a parent.

This is a particular pet peeve of mine, it's not babysitting if it's your own children, even if you do have a penis.

ETA Glad Esther and the baby are okay and this guy sounds like a world class douche. Maybe give up the flying lessons and go get a job to support your dependent wife and 8 children, kwim?

Considering the situation, it is ridiculous to think anyone cares about his juice fast. Yes, you need to be healthy for your family and it's admirable that you recognize and are working toward it, but right now the only thought should be about you overdue wife, baby-to-be, and current children. It's not all about you!

The level of self absorbancy is astounding! Who is juicing all this shit? What money are you using to buy it? I just cant wrap my brain around how he is thinking about himself in all of this. No one is on that page to see how his diet is going, they care about his wife and baby. You also dont get any pats on the back for taking care of your own brood.

JOY

Jesus first, others second, YOURSELF LAST.

How long before he asks the FB followers for money?

The level of self absorbancy is astounding! Who is juicing all this shit? What money are you using to buy it? I just cant wrap my brain around how he is thinking about himself in all of this. No one is on that page to see how his diet is going, they care about his wife and baby. You also dont get any pats on the back for taking care of your own brood.

I've tried juice fasts (lasted about 8 hours) and that shit ain't cheap. But I guess when you force your family of 10 to live in a pop up trailer, you really save on rent, so plenty of money for flying lessons and juice fasts. But not enough for medical care for your pregnant wife, God will take care of that.

How long before he asks the FB followers for money?

I give him about 5 seconds. What an asshole.

I've never tried juice fasts but I can't imagine that shit gives you very much gas in your tank, so to speak (I know he blogged about waking up energized but I think it's just a normal "I'm embarking on this new, awesome, life changing experience!" high) I think it's indicative of how much (read: little) he plans on helping out with the kids and new baby once Esther has "bounced back" (which I'm sure will happen seconds after they cut the cord, or at least that's when I bet he'll be expecting her to get back to cooking and cleaning and dealing with their brood)

All I know is that if I were expecting to have 7 kids, a newborn, and a wife recovering from a difficult, prolonged pregnancy and birth in a couple days- I'd need something a little more hearty than a month of juice to sustain all the ass-busting I'd be doing to make everything run smoothly.

Please tell me juice fasts result in massive amounts of explosive diarrhea...that's just what this asshole deserves!

Edited for riffle

So, if they're "home" is in the shop, where are they staying?

Someone lent them a house for the winter.

I wish Esther would see a doctor. If this was my pregnancy, I would have advocated for a C-section by now.

By the way, Zambia is 95% Christian, and in fact Christianity is the official state religion. What exactly is the point of John's ridiculous mission nonsense? To convert people from Anglicanism and SDA to his flavor of Christianity? He should stay in the US, which is less than 95% Christian.

Please tell me juice fasts result in massive amounts of explosive diarrhea...that's just what this asshole deserves!

Edited for riffle

Well... considering you're really only eating liquids...

A couple of things strike me as odd. In the picture of Agape, it appears she is standing in some type of child care center. The shelving on the wall, and the multiple bins of toys, and a walker looks like it perhaps might be a church nursery. Then, in the picture of the juicer, it is obvious it is in some type of common kitchen as there is writing on the light switch plate with marker. I don't know many people who would do that in their homes. I think it is a church kitchen (I've been in plenty). Are they really living in a home, or are they staying in a church?

Someone lent them a house for the winter.

I wish Esther would see a doctor. If this was my pregnancy, I would have advocated for a C-section by now.

By the way, Zambia is 95% Christian, and in fact Christianity is the official state religion. What exactly is the point of John's ridiculous mission nonsense? To convert people from Anglicanism and SDA to his flavor of Christianity? He should stay in the US, which is less than 95% Christian.

They are very lucky to have found someone with a house to spare. Yeesh.

Yeah, I often wonder about these mission trips to Christian majority countries. Like a missionary couple the Bateses know, who were sent to England.

The argument I hear is that people in these countries just say they are Christian, but aren't really "convicted" of it, so they haven't really been saved. Whatever, because they truly know what's in everyone's heart.

"Missionary" to a Christian country can be quite valid, depending what you are doing. Are you a doctor or nurse treating the sick? You get a pass. A builder creating better housing or a sewerage system? Pass. Teacher? Pass. Someone with no skills who is trying to convert from one demonination to another? Fail.

I still have a problem with a missionary (any missionary) having a wife and eight kids to support. That is a lot of funds going to his family instead of to those who really need it.

I haven't posted in this thread because I kept thinking maybe there's more to the story then we know. But he bought a juicer and organic fruits and veggies?!?! When a few months ago he was asking for money?!?! This blows my mind!

I just can't understand why this man isn't working?? Then financially the family would be better off and they could save a little for Zambia.

I haven't posted in this thread because I kept thinking maybe there's more to the story then we know. But he bought a juicer and organic fruits and veggies?!?! When a few months ago he was asking for money?!?! This blows my mind!

I just can't understand why this man isn't working?? Then financially the family would be better off and they could save a little for Zambia.

In his little "woe is me" post today about how HARD it is to be a missionary - you know, with taxes, his prego wife, the kidz, the pop up, FLYING LESSONS... Maybe Jebus is telling him to NOT GO AND GET A JOB TO SUPPORT HIS FAMILY since its so "hard..."

I hope she's getting decent prenatal care. Sometimes it can be hard to date a pregnancy if the pregnancy happens while mom is still nursing the previous baby and still has irregular cycles (seems likely with her back to back pregnancies) Unless she had an early ultrasound.

I can't fathom not taking that precaution to correctly identify an expected due date with my pregnancy when every week is significant. But I also can't imagine being married to someone who "babysits" his own children and blogs about juice fasts while my pregnancy is in jeopardy...

I hope she's getting decent prenatal care. Sometimes it can be hard to date a pregnancy if the pregnancy happens while mom is still nursing the previous baby and still has irregular cycles (seems likely with her back to back pregnancies) Unless she had an early ultrasound.

I can't fathom not taking that precaution to correctly identify an expected due date with my pregnancy when every week is significant. But I also can't imagine being married to someone who "babysits" his own children and blogs about juice fasts while my pregnancy is in jeopardy...

I may have to call my parents tonight and thank them for not being nutjobs. I personally would know I (or the dad in their situation) had made a terrible error if I ended up married to someone who didn't believe in my earning money for the household, but was only able to provide a popup trailer for me and my 7 children. I would also personally feel like an abject failure if I were continuing to pop out children while living in said popup trailer. I am not sure there is enough koolaid in the world for me to live as these people are living.

"Missionary" to a Christian country can be quite valid, depending what you are doing. Are you a doctor or nurse treating the sick? You get a pass. A builder creating better housing or a sewerage system? Pass. Teacher? Pass. Someone with no skills who is trying to convert from one demonination to another? Fail.

I still have a problem with a missionary (any missionary) having a wife and eight kids to support. That is a lot of funds going to his family instead of to those who really need it.

There is actually quite a lot of evidence that missionaries building housing and sewers and other types of infastructure do more damage to communities than help. Same with teachers. It not only takes jobs from the local population, it disrupts the fabric of the community. I need to find a good article on this - but the best programs are run by NGOs who pay locals to do the infastructure work and train local teachers.

And don't even get me started on short term "missions trips". Let's go look at the orphans and bond with them and then leave them a week later! Aren't we so awesome? Those kids are so lucky we were there.

I may have to call my parents tonight and thank them for not being nutjobs. I personally would know I (or the dad in their situation) had made a terrible error if I ended up married to someone who didn't believe in my earning money for the household, but was only able to provide a popup trailer for me and my 7 children.

Regarding the bolded, I wonder if Mr. Keller feels any concern or even guilt for how his daughter and grandkids are living. As the headship of Esther before she was married, he gave approval for this loser to marry his daughter. Frankly, if fundie dads have total authority to decide who their daughters marry then IMHO they carry responsiblity for the decision. If they decide to marry their daughter off to some loser who can't support a family, who's a failure even by fundie standards, then I think it's fair to say they have some responsiblity for their living situation.

He pisses me off so much.

How about going from church to church and ask for a job or for work instead?!?!

Oh, and by the way, taking care of your bed bound very pregnant wife and your seven children is your JOB as a husband and father. You are not getting special brownie points from me.

Regarding the bolded, I wonder if Mr. Keller feels any concern or even guilt for how his daughter and grandkids are living. As the headship of Esther before she was married, he gave approval for this loser to marry his daughter. Frankly, if fundie dads have total authority to decide who their daughters marry then IMHO they carry responsiblity for the decision. If they decide to marry their daughter off to some loser who can't support a family, who's a failure even by fundie standards, then I think it's fair to say they have some responsiblity for their living situation.

It reminds me of when Nancy Campbell seemed to have no issue with the fact that her daughter and family were living on the top floor of a house that had flooded, with the only heat coming from a fireplace that released smoke into the room and required everyone to wear goggles.

I wonder whether there's any fruit left over for the kids in this situation. Not a lot has been said about what they eat, but I can't imagine given everything else that there's a lot of money left for their nutrition. How unbelievably selfish of the husband to go on a juice fast when his children are without proper, stable shelter.

Archived