IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

If something bad happened, or if they don't know what's going on, I am sure David and Priscilla are incredibly stressed out, given her own advanced pregnancy (she's due this week, yes?).

Josh Duggar also continues to use Instagram and Twitter without saying anything about his sister-in-law. Anna and Esther were supposedly close. Who knows what's going on at this point.

She's due on Saturday (the 9th)

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if everything was fine David would have said something. Its not really his business to tell the world (FJ) what has happened if he even knows what it going on.

I think if everything was fine David would have said something. Its not really his business to tell the world (FJ) what has happened if he even knows what it going on.

At least he read the comment and knows that people are legitimately concerned.

Him leaving his family and going to Zambia on is own would probably be an enormous blessing for Esther and the kids. Let's hope he does that and doesn't have enough money to come home very often to get her knocked up with more kids they can't afford.

I just checked John's FB, and he's removed the mention of Sophia from his "about me" section. I could be mistaken, but didn't he mention Sophia by name with the rest of his children before?? Someone please confirm.

Here's the pertinent section: "I am a blessed Husband of the most wonderful and godly woman in the world, Esther Shrader, the father of seven incredible and life-loving children (Enoch - 8, Alatheia (Ah-lay-th-ee-ah, Greek word for "Truth") - 7, Timothy - 6, Nehemiah - 4, Agape (Ah-gah-pay, Greek word for Selfless Unconditional love like God's) - 3, Elijah, (Sept, 2010), and Charis (Care-is, Greek for Grace) - June 2011."

I hope I'm freaking out, but I was pretty sure it said "Sophia - Greek for wisdom - 2013" before. :( :( :(

I didnt bother with John, but David declined to post my comment on his blog asking about her.

Hmmm... I was very convinced that we just had her due date wrong and everything was fine, but this makes me very concerned. Why wouldn't he just say everything's fine and she's due any day?

I just checked John's FB, and he's removed the mention of Sophia from his "about me" section. I could be mistaken, but didn't he mention Sophia by name with the rest of his children before?? Someone please confirm.

Here's the pertinent section: "I am a blessed Husband of the most wonderful and godly woman in the world, Esther Shrader, the father of seven incredible and life-loving children (Enoch - 8, Alatheia (Ah-lay-th-ee-ah, Greek word for "Truth") - 7, Timothy - 6, Nehemiah - 4, Agape (Ah-gah-pay, Greek word for Selfless Unconditional love like God's) - 3, Elijah, (Sept, 2010), and Charis (Care-is, Greek for Grace) - June 2011."

I hope I'm freaking out, but I was pretty sure it said "Sophia - Greek for wisdom - 2013" before. :( :( :(

Thank you for posting the update. I agree. I doesn't bode well.

Facebook site may be gone/locked at this point. Not appearing any longer on my search, and it was there earlier.

Facebook site may be gone/locked at this point. Not appearing any longer on my search, and it was there earlier.

It is still coming up for me, and I'm not on his friends list.

Fuck.

It is funny that a large group of mostly non religious, liberal strangers are so concerned about this fundie woman and her baby. If I prayed, I would be praying for her.

It is still coming up for me, and I'm not on his friends list.

Good. I make no claims of having Facebook Skills!

It is funny that a large group of mostly non religious, liberal strangers are so concerned about this fundie woman and her baby. If I prayed, I would be praying for her.

Actually, it more or less proves the point that we are not remotely as painted by so many of the blogs defining feminists as anti child, anti marriage, anti family. I don't have kids-- but as a human, would never wish pain or loss on this family. I am not certain that is true of most of the bloggers we snark on here if the situation were reversed.

All snarking aside, I just want to hear about a healthy mother (and, secondary to that, baby) reviving in an appropriate hospital environment. I have so much shit to talk ... but not about this. And if it came down to it, send that baby (or ANY of its siblings) here. I am not a baby person, but I would care for that baby like nobody's business.

Actually, it more or less proves the point that we are not remotely as painted by so many of the blogs defining feminists as anti child, anti marriage, anti family. I don't have kids-- but as a human, would never wish pain or loss on this family. I am not certain that is true of most of the bloggers we snark on here if the situation were reversed.

Exactly this. It proves we have compassion for those not like us.

I wouldn't wish harm to this family. I'm here, hoping everything is okay. My heart is with them!

I'm a 4th year medical student so I have some (albeit limited) knowledge on pregnancy complications and it sounds like based on the limited info that she could possibly have chorioamnionitis (often due to group B strep)...overall could be really dangerous for both her and the baby. Usually the best treatment would be lots of if antibiotics in a hospital and immediate delivery of the baby. Really hope she has something much less serious but she should really be at a hospital just in case.

My daughter had this, not due to strep b, but due to having a tear in the amniotic sac a few weeks before delivery. Her horribly incompetent o.b. didn't do a damn thing. It wasn't until she had been in hard labor with a fever of 104, on 3 kinds of i.v. antibiotics for over 24 hours that they did the c-section. And we had to really push for them to admit her to the hospital at all. Some doctors are just flat out idiots. Luckily the baby was fine. My daughter still has serious health problems and almost died during the surgery because she was so sick and weak.

Hopefully whatever infection Esther had was cured with the antibiotics and they are just waiting for her to go into labor. If she had the flu or a curable infection they may have decided it was better to wait until she was stronger instead of doing a c-section or induction, to make healing easier. And her last child is still very young -- it is very possible her due date is an estimate if her baby was still nursing when she got pregnant and she didn't have regular cycles yet.

ETA: Obviously if her water already broke they wouldn't want to wait weeks (or days) for an infection to clear, but if it was a more mild infection or a virus and the baby was doing fine on the tests, they may have decided to wait for her to get better.

Hopefully whatever infection Esther had was cured with the antibiotics and they are just waiting for her to go into labor. If she had the flu or a curable infection they may have decided it was better to wait until she was stronger instead of doing a c-section or induction, to make healing easier. And her last child is still very young -- it is very possible her due date is an estimate if her baby was still nursing when she got pregnant and she didn't have regular cycles yet.

ETA: Obviously if her water already broke they wouldn't want to wait weeks (or days) for an infection to clear, but if it was a more mild infection or a virus and the baby was doing fine on the tests, they may have decided to wait for her to get better.

Yes, this is what I was hoping too. I was wondering if maybe they are actively stalling her labour until she gets better. Maybe she and the baby will have a better outcome, if she's healthy before the baby's born. Regardless, I just hope everything is ok, especially for Esther.

I'll pray for her on your behalf then. :lol:

I found this on his fb underneath an ultrasound image

Our beautiful little Sophia (greek for "wisdom"), on November 3rd, two months ago! (Can you tell it was a special day in more than one way?). We can't wait to meet our precious baby girl in just a few weeks!

Share · Friday, 18 January 2013 at 01:02 via Mobile

:(

^ This. I don't know if you were around for the Mama Ant/Ants on a farm labour fiasco. But Mama Ant joined us whle her daughter was in the middle of a long and difficult labour. I think she was surprised at first over the support she got here.

^ This. I don't know if you were around for the Mama Ant/Ants on a farm labour fiasco. But Mama Ant joined us whle her daughter was in the middle of a long and difficult labour. I think she was surprised at first over the support she got here.

If I remember correctly Mama Ant wanted her daughter to get help but the headship and his brother refused. I thought that they were lucky that both the mom and the baby were ok.

Update on John's facebook, finally!

"Sorry for the lack of updates. Been hard on daddy cooking, cleaning, babysitting, changing lots of poopy diapers, all while trying to care for my beloved sweetheart. She was on bedrest most of last week. Had a midwife appointment Monday and Sophia is at either a +1 or a 0 position, not sure why she just doesn't come on out! Esther is a little frustrated at times, but handling it like the Godly lady that she is. She amazes me, but this has been trying for her. Baby is fine, recently had a non stress test and continues to move and respond well, heart tones great, responds to daddy's voice. Just waiting. Would appreciate your specific prayers she comes soon! On top of all this our camper is broken, electrical and maybe the fridge down as well. Please pray we can get it fixed soon. It's at the repair facility now, I finally had time to take it yesterday. I have taxes, expense reports, & a newsletter and prayer update to get done. Add trying to continue my studies for pilot training and it's quite the list. To top it all off, my sister has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. My health has been suffering as well. Deputation is physically demanding, & it's hard to eat healthy. I've started gaining even more weight and my back is bothering me more frequently, as well as being very fatigued. It's I made a decision to start a 30 day juice fast. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm sorry for frustrating some with the lack of info, please be patient with me as I care for my wife, children, ministry, and myself. Thanks for caring and praying. - John"

Glad to hear she and the baby are doing okay. I wonder if her other kids ran past their due dates. All my kids were late, as were my mom's and the one daughter who has had children. I remember how frustrating it was to be asked if I was in labor every single time I tried to call someone to say hello. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for women running past their date now that there is such a limited window before they insist on induction, and with facebook and social media on top of it ? Makes me glad I'm old and wasn't pressured to post a photo of my newborn to the internet within hours of giving birth !

She obviously has a lot of other issues going on to be worried about. But I've noticed this with everyone I know who has had babies the past few years - the photos are up within minutes and half the moms are posting updates while in labor.

I wonder if her other kids ran past their due dates.

John posted in the comments that one of the boys was three weeks late, but the apgar test indicated that he was only two days past his due date. Sounds like maybe the due dates for that baby as well as this one should have been later. I could be wrong but when having babies back to back like Esther has had your cycles might not be "regular" making it difficult to determine due date. Although she did have an ultrasound for this baby so that should give a pretty accurate due date.

OK, he updated 47 minutes ago (3/6). Cliff notes version: Baby is fine & still in Esther. She was on bedrest and it now over the flu. He's been "cooking & changing diapers."

Archived