IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

I keep clicking on this thread because I am genuinely worried about her and the baby.

Same here. I find myself thinking of her throughout my days, hoping she and the baby are okay. I don't even care if we're all wrong and she has a perfectly normal vaginal birth ending with a healthy baby. But I fear that's not going to happen, unless things have suddenly gotten better and her douche husband is too busy to update.

You know, I get people who think that birth can be too restrictive in hospitals and who think that c-sections are overused, etc, etc. I totally support people who make educated choices that make them happy as long as they realize that things do go wrong, backup plans can literally be the difference between life and death, and that a really, truly necessary c-section is not the end of the world nor is it a sign of being a failure as a woman, fundie or no. Oh, and it's also worth going into evil, evil debt if it means eleventy children don't have to bury their mother.* :( It's pretty sad when Michelle and Boob look like geniuses in comparison because at least they don't eschew hospital births and high-risk OBs.

*I don't agree with people having to go into debt for medical bills, but I am speaking of the reality of the present-day US.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with this part. I do wonder if relatives have considered calling CPS, but they don't because they don't want the kids to be removed from John and Esther. The situation with John and Esther is very troubling for several reasons and I think this is one of the cases that needs CPS intervention. I know it would be hard for the kids to be possibly removed from J&E, but it would also act as a major wake up call to John and Esther.

Living in a pop-up isn't illegal. The kids aren't being physically and/or sexually abused (that we know of). So CPS isn't going to take the kids away for anything less. There isn't enough money or resources to take away and place 7+ siblings who aren't in immediate physical danger. There just isn't. CPS might encourage the Shraders to accept benefits but they can't force them (that I know of). I do not agree with how the Shraders are raising their kids but they aren't doing anything illegal. Unethical? Yes. Shitty parenting? Yes. But illegal? No.

And people like the Shraders aren't gong to change. Esther could die in childbirth and the child with her. John will say, "God's will" and marry someone else. Nothing will wake them up to the fact that they're idiots and need to change. Not even losing his wife and child.

I really hope they are ok, I am worried about them, even if I dont know them or agree with the lifestyle. It would be so sad for Esther to die in childbirth and leave all of those children without a mother. I hope theyre just being quiet cause theyre busy looking after their new baby

I really hope they are ok, I am worried about them, even if I dont know them or agree with the lifestyle. It would be so sad for Esther to die in childbirth and leave all of those children without a mother. I hope theyre just being quiet cause theyre busy looking after their new baby

I agree. I hope they're all right.

I'm starting to feel a little sick over this birth. I'm so hoping for a good outcome, but I see things getting worse and worse.

Living in a pop-up isn't illegal. The kids aren't being physically and/or sexually abused (that we know of). So CPS isn't going to take the kids away for anything less. There isn't enough money or resources to take away and place 7+ siblings who aren't in immediate physical danger. There just isn't. CPS might encourage the Shraders to accept benefits but they can't force them (that I know of). I do not agree with how the Shraders are raising their kids but they aren't doing anything illegal. Unethical? Yes. Shitty parenting? Yes. But illegal? No.

And people like the Shraders aren't gong to change. Esther could die in childbirth and the child with her. John will say, "God's will" and marry someone else. Nothing will wake them up to the fact that they're idiots and need to change. Not even losing his wife and child.

If he married someone else, would he start again with the kids? A new wife who could easily have 5 or 10 of her own? That seems to be consistent with their theology. The mind boggles- it boggles imagining them trying to make things work for the children they already have, let alone more than doubling it.

In my area, poverty is not cause to remove children from their home. While not the best parents, the Shraders are meeting the basic needs of their children. I'm also very worried, and am hoping that her and the baby are well.

If Esther was to die or become disabled John would be dumping those kids on relatives in a second. I don't think they would have any problem separating the children and putting them in with any relative that will take one or two. And once he gets remarried I'm sure the kids will stay with the relations while he makes new babies with the new naive virgin.

I keep clicking on this thread because I am genuinely worried about her and the baby.

me too and i'm just a lurker.

I think they are ok and just not posting. She's probably resting and he's busy with the kids.

There's a giant hole in your theory right there.

In 10 hours, he added about 10 friends. WTW

Well that answers the "is he online" question... not updating at this point is suspicious.

If he is online and not giving a "welcome to the world ..." announcement or a "Esther continues to rest ..." then I think we all have cause to worry. I've been finding reasons why they might not have made an announcement but I've run out now. Even if she just had her dates wrong, I would expect some sort of announcement about her health. Silence is scary.

Am I a horrible person to think that I don't mind if baby Sophia dies, as long as Esther lives? The family would be upset to loose a baby and there would be a period of grief but ultimately, life would continue on. I don't want to imagine what would happen if Esther died or was crippled.

The snarky side of me wonders what happens to the Zambia plans if Esther is crippled or dies? John can't take seven kids to Zambia without a mother. He can't take a wife who needs care overseas. On the other hand, he firmly believes God is calling him to go to Africa. Would he leave the family here and go by himself?

If he is online and not giving a "welcome to the world ..." announcement or a "Esther continues to rest ..." then I think we all have cause to worry. I've been finding reasons why they might not have made an announcement but I've run out now. Even if she just had her dates wrong, I would expect some sort of announcement about her health. Silence is scary.

Am I a horrible person to think that I don't mind if baby Sophia dies, as long as Esther lives? The family would be upset to loose a baby and there would be a period of grief but ultimately, life would continue on. I don't want to imagine what would happen if Esther died or was crippled.

The snarky side of me wonders what happens to the Zambia plans if Esther is crippled or dies? John can't take seven kids to Zambia without a mother. He can't take a wife who needs care overseas. On the other hand, he firmly believes God is calling him to go to Africa. Would he leave the family here and go by himself?

I think that the rational and pragmatic person (like myself) can look at this situation and hope for the "best." Of course, the best is that everyone is happy, healthy, and home. The reality of that appears to be increasingly unlikely so the "best" is a living mother who can care for her children. I dont think that accepting that as the best situation is horrible, I think its a realistic hope.

I also wonder what spin they'd put on the story, in the same way Marc spun carrie's situation. Since no one can take responsibility for their choices there has to be spin of some sort. My guess would be that its "gods will" that he soldier on to zambia alone, while the "church" raises the other children.

Nothing about this situation makes me comfortable. I wish he would just post SOMETHING to end the speculation.

This is really worrying, come on John, give an update!!!

No, I dont think youre a horrible person. Yes, its sad when a much wanted pregnancy ends with a stillborn baby, and the family would be upset if that happened, but Esther's life is far more important because she has seven other children who depend on her for survival and are already struggling enough. It would be horrible for the kids if Esther died, I am not sure whether John can care for all of those children on his own. Theres 7 of them, and Esther is the one who does the majority of the childcare. I hope the family will step in to help them out, its already a bad enough situation that they are homeless and neither parent has a job. Its unusual how none of their other family members who we know of have said anything about it.

The silence from friends and family I just put down to people being polite. Miss Manners says you let the father announce the birth. It could also be that they know as little as we do.

I'm just checking in to see if anything new has been posted. Poor Esther; I really hope she's okay and that nobody is posting updates because they're just really busy. Wonder who is taking care of the other children.

If something has gone wrong, it seems really strange that John is on FB accepting friends like nothing has happened, but I guess nothing these people do is surprising anymore.

Has anyone actually messaged John on FB? Maybe he'd answer, as he's obviously on-line.

I didnt bother with John, but David declined to post my comment on his blog asking about her.

Interesting...

If reality even comes close to what we think has been going on with her pregnancy the chances of she and the baby being 100% ok are slim. Even with chorio, the babies are usually sent to a transitional care with IV antibiotics for at least 24 hours. Maybe they sought the help needed but he is not disclosing that for fear of judgement and an "arrival" notice will be given when they are home from the evil hospital.

Interesting...

If something bad happened, or if they don't know what's going on, I am sure David and Priscilla are incredibly stressed out, given her own advanced pregnancy (she's due this week, yes?).

Josh Duggar also continues to use Instagram and Twitter without saying anything about his sister-in-law. Anna and Esther were supposedly close. Who knows what's going on at this point.

If something bad happened, or if they don't know what's going on, I am sure David and Priscilla are incredibly stressed out, given her own advanced pregnancy (she's due this week, yes?).

Josh Duggar also continues to use Instagram and Twitter without saying anything about his sister-in-law. Anna and Esther were supposedly close. Who knows what's going on at this point.

Please, the world could be in the process of being consumed by locusts and smugger will be tweeting a picture of a big scoop of them fried and covered with cheese. He's clueless!

Archived