IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Glad to hear things are ok for now.

This, however, "daddy has been busy babysitting." It is not "babysitting" when it is your own kids! It's called being a parent.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John posted in the comments that one of the boys was three weeks late, but the apgar test indicated that he was only two days past his due date. Sounds like maybe the due dates for that baby as well as this one should have been later. I could be wrong but when having babies back to back like Esther has had your cycles might not be "regular" making it difficult to determine due date. Although she did have an ultrasound for this baby so that should give a pretty accurate due date.

I'm curious as to what the apgar would have to do with due dates ? I had one child who was 3 weeks past the due date and had great apgar scores - I didn't know that the apgar would show anything other than how the baby was functioning at birth ?

Label me cynical, but I call bullshit.

Oh yeah, and way to make it all about you dickhead. Let me go call the waaambulance.

John posted in the comments that one of the boys was three weeks late, but the apgar test indicated that he was only two days past his due date. Sounds like maybe the due dates for that baby as well as this one should have been later. I could be wrong but when having babies back to back like Esther has had your cycles might not be "regular" making it difficult to determine due date. Although she did have an ultrasound for this baby so that should give a pretty accurate due date.

Apgar tests are not a measure of how past due a baby is, rather a measure of appearance (colour), pulse, grimace (or irritability), activity (muscle tone), and respiration.

ETA: Glad to hear she's okay. Being past due was miserable for me. Hoping for a safe delivery.

Apgar tests are not a measure of how past due a baby is, rather a measure of appearance (colour), pulse, grimace (or irritability), activity (muscle tone), and respiration.

ETA: Glad to hear she's okay. Being past due was miserable for me. Hoping for a safe delivery.

Not sure John really knows anything, just probably spitting out stuff that sounds good so that people stop worrying. If I were Esther I would be screaming for an induction right now!

He may have confused APGAR with Ballard Maturational Assessment of Gestational Age - medcalc.com/ballard.html

It's done at some point after the final APGAR score, and it's a series of physical "tests" that give points - add up the points and it will give you a maturity score that corresponds with approximate gestational age.

Guess he has time to start a juicing cleanse/fast. His latest FB post:

"And this is what I will be doing for at least the next 30 days. No solid foods, only raw fruits and vegetable juice. Started yesterday. After only one day, I awoke at 5:45 am with more energy than I've had in a long, long, long time. Thank you Lord for your food that You created! After months of running on empty, this is exciting. Sorry if the self portrait grosses you out...it did me! (Taken Sunday, March 3, 2013) Deputation is SO HARD on you physically, but with the Lord's help you will see a different man in 30 days! I know it will take work and discipline to not eat, but God made with with a lot of energy, and He has given me eight precious children (so far) and a ministry beyond my wildest dreams so I need to be in top condition! Looking forward to being in better shape to serve the Lord,my family, God's children, and the lost!"

Deputation ??

WTF?

dep·u·ta·tion (dpy-tshn)

n.

1. A person or group appointed to represent another or others; a delegation.

a. The act of deputing.

b. The state of being deputed.

What the hell is he talking about?

No objections to a father who wants to eat better and get healthier, but within reason. Is a time when you are about to have a new baby and no sleep really the best time to swear off food?

I'm glad Esther and Sophia are both alive and apparently OK.

John, however, is a nutcase. I have no clue what his babbling about deputation means. Is that obscure fundie speak for something? No one in their right mind starts a 30 day juice fast in his position. How about forgetting the flying lessons, the newsletter, and some of the other BS until the new infant is at least 30 days old? People would understand. I hate that he makes most of the update about him. He's showing what he really cares about. At least he's trying to take care of the other children and not expecting someone to come in and do it for him. Duggars are you listening?

Considering the situation, it is ridiculous to think anyone cares about his juice fast. Yes, you need to be healthy for your family and it's admirable that you recognize and are working toward it, but right now the only thought should be about you overdue wife, baby-to-be, and current children. It's not all about you!

l think in his mind it really is all about him. His wife and kids come second to him and his ministry.

Huge relief that Esther and baby are fine - well still hanging in there anyway...I am continuing to pray (cause that's what I do) :)

God, the guy just keeps making it more and more clear what a narcissistic douchebag he is. What is it with so many women in this family marrying such assholes?

"God is good." No, you jackass, antibiotics and medical care are good! If you were only relying on "god," the infection would have continued to worsen and your wife and unborn child would likely be in dire straits right about now!

Don't even get me started on "babysitting" your own children. Though, that's probably what he's doing: having them for an hour here and there when they're not being dumped off on some kindly family from all those churches who are adopting them. I highly doubt this man-child is holding down the fort by himself.

God, the guy just keeps making it more and more clear what a narcissistic douchebag he is. What is it with so many women in this family marrying such assholes?

Dad picked and either 1) just picked guys who looked like each daughter or 2) is himself an asshole and thus feels that is the best kind of husband?

This guy is really a world-class jerk. Glad to hear that wife and baby are OK but I am appalled at how this guy carries on about "god is good" and his stupid juice fast while his pregnant wife is sick and overdue.

ETA: He's also a world class loser. He's not only unwilling to do what it takes to support his family, thereby subjecting them to poor living conditions but he's so caught in his African mission or whatever the hell that is, and the family is bouncing over all the place dependent on the kindness of others. All the while popping out more kids to live in this mess. All the while blathering on about how "god is good" and seems totally obilivious to the realities of the life he and his family is living. Total fail as husband and father IMHO. Since by fundie standards, he is the one to support the family while wife stays home, he has totally failed even by their measures. What is it with these guys? Does anyone even within ATI call them out on it? Even Gee Whiz David Waller has a job and seems to understand the importance of having one to support Pris and baby. Sure it's with ATI and he probably gets a lot of perks that may be part of compensation but he does bring home a paycheck.

ETA: to correct the word obilivious from obvious. Though it's obvious that he is obilivious.

I wonder if he's working on more missionary promo pictures, Photoshopping the family into Zambian villages. I imagine he'll need to make a new one after the baby arrives.

I saw this thread had jumped in page numbers this morning and feared the worst. I'm so glad it's been no news is good news.

I hope she's getting the rest she needs and that John is still cooking (ha! make that "procuring from the church ladies") real food for the other 7 kids, even if he's juice fasting.

Some comments from John:

Btw, please don't think that I am placing our minor difficulties on par with my dear sister's cancer. I don't want to even appear to trivialize her fight. She is part of my inspiration to do a 30 day raw fruits and vegetables fast. Love you Sarah.

Also fyi; Timothy was three weeks past his "due date," but when they did the apgar test, he was only two days past a full term pregnancy. Oh well, as David said in the Psalms, "My times are in Thy hands"

Also, Esther is completely over her flu and sinus infection. Thanks for praying! We're just waiting for this baby now!!

Made my sweetheart breakfast in bed today! I've been making her turkey ham and cheese omelets for over a week! She deserves spoiling! (Tip - guys, if you treat your wife like a queen, she will treat you like a king!)

As well as a picture of Agape pretending to be "mommy" with a baby stuffed up her shirt. Which is really sweet. And she also looks so much like a Keller... It's all in the nose...

My favorite though is "treat your wife like a queen, she will treat you like a king." No asshole, treat your wife like a queen because she has been birthing your baby for TWO WEEKS. Also, damn right you're making her breakfast in bed, she's on fucking bed rest. You also better be making her lunch and dinner in bed.

Deputation ??

WTF?

dep·u·ta·tion (dpy-tshn)

n.

1. A person or group appointed to represent another or others; a delegation.

a. The act of deputing.

b. The state of being deputed.

What the hell is he talking about?

Deputation is what they call it in fundie circles when people who want to be missionaries are required to run all over the US and beg churches for monthly support while they are in the country they have decided to go to. Then when they are on furlough (aka vacation) from the country they have decided to go to they have to run around to all these churches again to give reports of how it is all going. It's a ridiculous system for people who believe it's so very important to spread the gospel to the entire world. They make it very hard on missionaries and their families.

I still refuse to believe everything is honky dory until I see photos

and unless the baby has already been born there is no APGAR score to be had. Am I

missing something here?

He also mentions that their camper (aka "home") is in the shop with electrical problems. I find it interesting that a guy with no job, no home, a wife & 8 kids to support, begging people for $ to support the family that HE should be supporting, thinks nothing of spending (other people's) money for a juicer & organic produce for a juice fast.

Also, he says the baby was (on Monday) at either a 0 or +1 position, and wondered why it didn't just come on out. Perhaps she has the cord wrapped around her neck or something else barring her from delivery.

Archived