IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

There is no way that book isn't going to be mostly written by Boob and Mullet. Jinger can't even express an opinion on living in a city without Mullet correcting her to say, "NO, she doesn't want to live in the city! What she MEANT was she wants to live close to WalMart!" They bought 20 acres with the intention of all their kids living on the compound forever. Maybe Jinger will get an acre closest to walmart.

I'm still hoping that they're secretly writing a tell-all, which Boob and Mullet don't know about and they'll submit it to the publisher instead. (This was someone else's theory, can't take credit for it.) Then they'll go on the Today show to talk about the book and how they're moving out on their own to pursue real careers and live their own lives away from Boob and Mullet. The book will be a bestseller. The J'slaves will then go on to live very happy lives doing what they choose. :pray:

Okay, okay I know it'll never happen!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still hoping that they're secretly writing a tell-all, which Boob and Mullet don't know about and they'll submit it to the publisher instead. (This was someone else's theory, can't take credit for it.) Then they'll go on the Today show to talk about the book and how they're moving out on their own to pursue real careers and live their own lives away from Boob and Mullet. The book will be a bestseller. The J'slaves will then go on to live very happy lives doing what they choose. :pray:

Okay, okay I know it'll never happen!

That was me :D

I will buy it if there is any dirt in there.

What would the leghumpers say if the Duggar girls did write a tell all?

"THE DUGGR GURLS DID NOT RITE THAT BUK THE DEVIL IS TRYING 2 GET US GET THE BEHIND THEM SATIN I HOPE THEY SOO"

Maybe someone will slip them a note in Walmart, telling them they can make enough money to be free AND to support their hairspray habit if they do a tell-all book and talk show tour...

Its kind of true. They have Anna as a warning! She's always exhausted, chasing after her kids and her man child husband, life is tough. I'm not sure that I'd be rushing to get out of the TTH if I were in their shoes. J'chelle is unlikely to produce any more siblings for them to raise, they get cool trips, free food, and can share the load with the other J'slaves. The devil you know is safer than the one you dont...

Since those girls have been raising their own siblings and taking care of their parents' house all these years, they are probably "maxed out" already and really don't want to do any more of this if they can avoid it. Wonder if JB was ever approached by a suitor that he was OK with, but daughter involved actually said no because she doesn't want that future?

ETA: All she has to say is that she prayed over it and God laid it on her heart that Mr. Suitor is not the one for her.

Maybe someone will slip them a note in Walmart, telling them they can make enough money to be free AND to support their hairspray habit if they do a tell-all book and talk show tour...

Your post just brought this to my mind. Maybe someone has already slipped them a note or somehow tried to contact them, telling them something like this or giving them ideas? What with the talk of Jinger as the Rebellious One wanting to move to the big bad city having come out, maybe someone has tried to contact her and that's behind J'chelle's publically squelching the idea? We can't be the only ones out there wanting to see them break out.

• 4 months later...

Apologies if this has already been discussed:

The publication date of the J'Slaves' "Growning Up Duggar" has been pushed back AGAIN , to March 2014: http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Duggar-Am ... ds=duggars

Growing Up Duggar: The Duggar Girls Share Their View of Life Inside American's Most Well-Known Super-Sized Family [Hardcover]

Jill Duggar (Author), Jinger Duggar (Author), Jessa Duggar (Author), Jana Duggar (Author)

List Price: $21.99

Price: $16.65 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details

You Save: $5.34 (24%)

Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title will be released on March 4, 2014.

But it does have cover art already!! I don't understand why, if it already has a description & a cover, it can't be published this November as planned. What is the holdup? My guess is that they want to wait until the next season of shows is over?

It's like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. I don't think this is ever going to be released. At this point, they'd probably have to edit the book again to adjust everyone's ages and other changes.

The publish date changed on iTunes a while ago. Why don't they just admit the young ladies are doing other things and not writing? I would be pretty annoyed if I had preordered, paid and the publish date kept being deferred.

Why is my post showing tomorrow's date? (8th August) Its the 7th for another ten minutes.

The publish date changed on iTunes a while ago. Why don't they just admit the young ladies are doing other things and not writing? I would be pretty annoyed if I had preordered, paid and the publish date kept being deferred.

Why is my post showing tomorrow's date? (8th August) Its the 7th for another ten minutes.

When I preorder anything on Amazon the credit card is not charged until the book is sent. Isn't that how they all work?

This is just insane. Many, if not most, "celebrity" books are really written by a professional writer, someone who interviews the celebrity/ies, transcribes the recording, then creates the narrative using somewhat polished writing techniques. Sometimes they'll credit the person as a "with"on the cover, and other times they thank the writer rather anonymously in the acknowledgements. At the very least, they are working with heavy editing, but my guess is that the publisher has sent a collaborator to do the actual writing-- a task that takes a great deal of focus and discipline.

Either their writer is having a hell of a time pinning down what it is they're trying to say, or they're not cooperating, or they are going back-and-forth the real message. Boob and Mullet aren't writing this any more than the J'Slaves, but it's hard to figure out what the real holdup is here.

I think there is drama going on with the book. I remember that Duggar blog mentioned something last year about the girls being behind deadlines. My guess is that they keep bailing with the ghost writer or they aren't doing certain tasks on time. I also think the publishers are trying to figure out how to make the book marketable to more audiences.

I would buy this book, assuming the GIRLS will profit financially from it. Maybe they could use the money to subsidize thier unpaid internships, or heck, they will hopefully buy some proper shoes. Keep in mind, I did NOT buy thier parents' book.

Apologies if this has already been discussed:

The publication date of the J'Slaves' "Growning Up Duggar" has been pushed back AGAIN , to March 2014: http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Duggar-Am ... ds=duggars

But it does have cover art already!! I don't understand why, if it already has a description & a cover, it can't be published this November as planned. What is the holdup? My guess is that they want to wait until the next season of shows is over?

There are a variety of reasons why a book is late, but I will guess at what I think is most likely.

1. Content. They don't have any. The SOTDRT quality writing is also making it challenging for whatever lucky person is their editor.

2. They're missing the holiday gift buying window. There'd better be a damn good reason for this, especially since the Duggar daughters most likely got quite an advance. I'm guessing there was content included that was "objectionable" to certain people who probably demanded to read the manuscript pre-publication, namely Jim Boob and Mullet.

A book can be pulled even after it's gone to press and before distribution. (The publisher threatened to pulp one of Michael Moore's books if he did not agree to some editorial changes. Paula Deen's latest book was #1 in presales on Amazon.com and the publishing house still pulled it due to controversy.) Considering the fact that those in large publishing houses do not want to eat a hefty advance and all the editorial and production costs here, I'm thinking whatever was turned in was unacceptable and there are people (not the Duggars) working feverishly to produce something worth printing in March.

Of course, this is IMHO.

I wonder if Jim Bob and Mullett now consider themselves "accomplished authors" and therefore tried to do this thing without a ghost writer--and what they turned in was late (Duggar Time!!) and complete crap. And Rainytown is right, they have better have a good reason to be missing the holiday gift buying season with this!

J'Chelle needs a ghost writer to write her TLC "Blogs". It's obvious. Unless she's stupid and can't spell Jordyn's name correctly.

In an interview on a fan blog a while back, one of the "girls" freely admitted that they were working with a ghost writer.

I'm really annoyed that Duggar Time seems to apply to writing the book. And I'm disappointed that they're using a ghostwriter, but I suppose I shouldn't have expected more in either regard. I still want to read it.

I'm really annoyed that Duggar Time seems to apply to writing the book. And I'm disappointed that they're using a ghostwriter, but I suppose I shouldn't have expected more in either regard. I still want to read it.

You would wantto read it if they actually wrote it? well it could be entertaining with their education but still.

I will be very surprised if we learn 3 or more new facts about the Duggars from this book. It is going to be the same stories we have heard over and over again.

ljohnson2006: "J'Chelle needs a ghost writer to write her TLC "Blogs". It's obvious Unless she's stupid and can't spell Jordyn's name correctly."

Fixed that for you. :lol:

I cannot BELIEVE that they're pushing this back again. :angry-banghead:

Well, actually, I can.

Maybe they're trying to push it back until Joy's old enough to count as one of the esteemed "Duggar Daughters", and then add her name to the author list?

When I preorder anything on Amazon the credit card is not charged until the book is sent. Isn't that how they all work?

I didn't know that. I've never preordered anything. Wonderful the things you learn on FJ.

I will be very surprised if we learn 3 or more new facts about the Duggars from this book. It is going to be the same stories we have heard over and over again.

I would expect to learn maybe one new thing.... This book is going to be nothing more than everything we already know - spun together with lies.

It is going to be more ridiculous stories like the thrilling tale of the gifted Jewelry box filled with classic Duggar cliches and the same old life advice. Only now it will be coming from 4 very young and very sheltered women.

I still preordered it.

I cannot BELIEVE that they're pushing this back again. :angry-banghead:

Well, actually, I can.

Maybe they're trying to push it back until Joy's old enough to count as one of the esteemed "Duggar Daughters", and then add her name to the author list?

I think they're waiting to debunk every fact that they deny.

Archived