IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

I died when I read that.

And this one

Because you can always trust the voices that talk back to you in your head. Also, another important element of Duggar Family Harmony is to never make any pointed comparisons between Mom and a clown car.

:happy-smileyinthebox:

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the comment that called them

Animated mannequins for Jesus

Although I think that's actually a PERFECT description of the Mally sisters. I hold out a shred of hope that at least some of the Duggars will come to their senses and bolt the lifestyle some day. Those Mallys, though, definitely

Animated mannequins for Jesus

This unfortunate item was staring at me in the grocery store check

out line today: http://www.closerweekly.com/posts/the-d ... imia-35927

I just find the whole thing so gross - this whole idea that she had and ED and then was miraculously cured by meeting Boob and become a True Christian[tm][/tm]. It's such a slap in the face to people who are really suffering.

Michelle is such a liar. Maybe she did have bulimia but bulimia is a MENTAL DISORDER. People who are bulimic need professional help. Im guessing when she met JB he introduced her to Gothard and tried to tell her God will cure her and mental disorders aren't real. It's such a shame and a slap in the face to real people who have bulimia who have to suffer from this disorder. I hope fans don't believe this bullshit

I can believe the bulimia story to be honest.

No, mental disorders, and unhealthy anxieties and insecurities can't be cured by Jesus, and certainly not by Jim Bob's sensitive and insightful :roll: advice, BUT, it is pretty common for people suffering from one kind of mental disorder to replace it with another one, thinking that they are getting better- like when people struggling to get over an addiction replace one addiction for another.

In Michelle's case I think that the anxiety and insecurity and desire for control that led her into bulimia as a teenager are very much still there, but instead of being "cured" by religion she has just done and about face and is now using religion and Gothardism instead of food to control them.

In many ways one of the saddest victims in all this is the person Michelle could've been. Hearing about her as a teenager, she actually sounds like a decent, functioning, interesting human being. And if just a few things in her life had been different (not dating Jim Bob, speaking to her parents and a doctor about her bulimia, and having proper medical advice after the miscarriage) she could be a totally different person than she is today.

I think Michelle became more addicted to obeying Boob than having an ED. She didn't cure her disorder - she got a new one.

Side note: I am a survivor of anorexia and bulimia. It has taken significant steps, time, and therapy to get over it. I call bullshit on her magical cure.

Archived