IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yaaaay!!!!! They're going to be near me on the 13 th. That bookstore is literally a hop and a step away, located within a vast shopping center at the back by a Staples and Payless.

I'll make sure to take pictures y'all!

If you want me to ask them some questions pm me.

I dare them to come to New England! Boston, Worcester, Providence----wherever the ebil Catholics live!

I would love for them to go up there. But it looks like they are sticking to the South and the Protestants. The Duggars are totally going after the mainstream Protestant fanbase and they have made money from that fanbase in the past. We all know that outside of book signings, the Duggars wouldn't give those fans the time of day.

I think the Duggars' girl book might open up the eyes of the clueless faction of the Duggar fanbase. The clueless faction consists of mainstream Christians, liberals, and other non fundies who simply see the Duggars as a big loving family. But they don't snap or know about the Gothard connection or how sexist the Duggars are. The fundie or evangelical fans of the Duggars will not be shocked by what the girls say and they will fully support Boob and Mullet's lifestyle.

I got an advance copy of the book (I teach college) and now that JL is dead, Boob talks shit about him and how he made bad decisions financially and was irresponsible and wasn't spiritual but Mom's faith pulled them through.

Nice.

Jim Bob wrote a portion of "the girls'" book? Sounds like something he'd do.

Jim Bob wrote a portion of "the girls'" book? Sounds like something he'd do.

It's not like anything in that book are their own original thoughts as it is

None of the Duggar kids have an original thought. Except maybe Jackson and Hannie, who are too young to be drenched in Kool-Aide.

The joy in Hannie's eyes has been dying out, and in the last series most of her talking heads were with Jennifer, not Jackson. Sadly, I think she's going the way of Jana, who apparently was also a spirited little girl.

The Duggar family is going on a book tour in March for their new book GROWING UP DUGGAR, written by Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger! Check out the list below to see if they are coming to a city near you. We hope to see you there!

March 12 - Harrisburg, PA

Barnes & Noble Book Signing

Camp Hill Shopping Center

Camp Hill, PA 17011

7 - 9 p.m.

March 13 - Alexandria, VA

Family Christian Book Signing

7714 Richmond Highway

Alexandria, VA 22306

6-8 pm

March 15 - Raleigh-Durham, NC

Family Christian Book Signing

5950 Poyner Village Pkwy

Raleigh, NC 27616

11am-1 pm

March 15 – Spartanburg, SC

Christian Supply Book Signing

1600 John B White, Sr. Blvd.

Spartanburg, SC

6-8 pm

March 16 – Moore, SC

Anderson Mill Baptist Church – Speaking Events

4455 Anderson Mill Rd.

Moore, SC

8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., & 6 p.m.

*not a book singing, but books will be sold at these events

March 17 - Chattanooga, TN

2100 Hamilton Place Blvd.

Chattanooga, TN

7 p.m. – 9 p.m.

March 18 - Birmingham, AL

Lifeway Christian Store Book Signing

1672 Gadsden Hwy.

Birmingham, AL 35235

6-8 p.m.

March 19 - Jackson, MS

1000 Highland Colony Pkway

Ridgeland, MS 39157

7-9 pm

March 20 – Tyler, TX

5510 S. Broadway Ave.

Tyler, TX 75703

6-8 pm

March 25 – Rogers, AR

2203 Promenade Blvd.

Rogers, AR

How did PA sneak in there with all those southern states? Anyone really going to go and pay money for this tripe and stand in line for the dog and pony show?

I got an advance copy of the book (I teach college) and now that JL is dead, Boob talks shit about him and how he made bad decisions financially and was irresponsible and wasn't spiritual but Mom's faith pulled them through.

Nice.

I don't think that's new to the book. JimBob has at least mentioned the financial mistakes by his Dad (using the family's last dollar to buy a junk car was one of the examples JB stated, I think). For whatever reasons, Mary stuck by him and cared for him during his last days. JimBob has placed his family in some precarious financial and housing situations in the past. So, he is no one to talk down about his father. It's just JB's pimping out his large family finally allowed him to be financially secure. JB has forgotten about the days where he had his car lot, towing business, little store and a few kids. Just the 24 hour towing alone is a strain on Michelle and their kids. Maybe, someday, we will read a book with Josh noting how his dad made selfish and unreasonable decisions, too!

How did PA sneak in there with all those southern states? Anyone really going to go and pay money for this tripe and stand in line for the dog and pony show?

If I were to venture a guess, I would say they are hoping to piggyback on all the "Jon & Kate + 8" fans. Maybe it's a TLC requirement.

I don't think that's new to the book. JimBob has at least mentioned the financial mistakes by his Dad (using the family's last dollar to buy a junk car was one of the examples JB stated, I think). For whatever reasons, Mary stuck by him and cared for him during his last days. JimBob has placed his family in some precarious financial and housing situations in the past. So, he is no one to talk down about his father. It's just JB's pimping out his large family finally allowed him to be financially secure. JB has forgotten about the days where he had his car lot, towing business, little store and a few kids. Just the 24 hour towing alone is a strain on Michelle and their kids. Maybe, someday, we will read a book with Josh noting how his dad made selfish and unreasonable decisions, too!

Yup it isn't new. I recall an FJer attended a event in Wisconsin IIRC, where the Duggars spoke. She mentioned the stuff Boob said about his dad. I kind of remember Boob saying the same things in an interview.

At last we have some book signing dates: Camp Hill PA and Chattanooga TN (I'm sure they will stay with the Bates when they visit Chattanooga)-- http://crossmap.christianpost.com/blogs ... -tour-4750

Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 7-9pm

Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar to sign books at Barnes & Noble Booksellers

58 South 32nd Street, Camp Hill, PA 17011

Questions? Call 717-737-0221

Monday, March 17, 2014, 7pm

Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger Duggar to sign books at Barnes & Noble Booksellers

2100 Hamilton Place Boulevard, Chattanooga, TN 37421

Questions? Call 423-893-0186

How is Jill supposed to keep up her midwifery and do a book tour? Maybe she is learning too much.

I would love it if a J girl just spoke her mind in front of all their fans. And then walk out, I bet they have enough fans someone would let her stay with them.

I'm 4 hours from their closest stop in my area. What baffles me is that the city I live in is considerably bigger than the one they will be in 4 hours away, and I can't figure out why they don't come here, instead - there are enough conservatives here that they'd have far more people at the meet-and-greet than they would north of me.

And where does Jim Bob get off criticising some of the bad financial decision his father made, when he's the one who funneled over $200,000 of his own money into a failed political campaign while his wife and at least 7 of his kids were living in a tiny 3-bedroom house?

Where's that stink-eye smiley...

How is Jill supposed to keep up her midwifery and do a book tour? Maybe she is learning too much.

I would love it if a J girl just spoke her mind in front of all their fans. And then walk out, I bet they have enough fans someone would let her stay with them.

That would be amazing. One of the things I really really want to happen is for one of the kids to start speaking their mind on live TV, or at a public appearance, and tell everyone that they hate their life, their parents and just want to go and be a normal person who can go to college, date and wear pants.

Regarding JB's bad-mouthing his father.

As a parent one should always treat one's own parents with a degree of respect or at least tact. It sets a bad example to your own children and they will think this is an ok way to treat you when you are older or after you are gone.

JB seems to respect his mother, but by slandering his father's memory - he is setting himself up for a truck load of bad karma down the road.

I'm 4 hours from their closest stop in my area. What baffles me is that the city I live in is considerably bigger than the one they will be in 4 hours away, and I can't figure out why they don't come here, instead - there are enough conservatives here that they'd have far more people at the meet-and-greet than they would north of me.

And where does Jim Bob get off criticising some of the bad financial decision his father made, when he's the one who funneled over $200,000 of his own money into a failed political campaign while his wife and at least 7 of his kids were living in a tiny 3-bedroom house?

Where's that stink-eye smiley...

Good point there. I bet one of the Duggar kids will eventually question Boob on that years from now.

Regarding JB's bad-mouthing his father.

As a parent one should always treat one's own parents with a degree of respect or at least tact. It sets a bad example to your own children and they will think this is an ok way to treat you when you are older or after you are gone.

JB seems to respect his mother, but by slandering his father's memory - he is setting himself up for a truck load of bad karma down the road.

Yup he is. As I said in another post, I think one of the kids will eventually question him about the failed political campaign. I think older kids at this point know that main reason they are doing a TV show is because of money. I get the suspicion that Boob is stingy with some of the TLC money. Another thing is that at least one of the kids might get pissed later on because of the show.

I could see him slamming his dad if there was actual abuse, even verbal or emotional abuse. So far I haven't really seen him have too much to complain about.

My father verbally and emotionally abused me. I think I have the right to be bitter and angry and express that. So I'm not sure it's always bad to slam your father, but I don't see JB having much ground to stand on.

Archived