IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

I could see him slamming his dad if there was actual abuse, even verbal or emotional abuse. So far I haven't really seen him have too much to complain about.

My father verbally and emotionally abused me. I think I have the right to be bitter and angry and express that. So I'm not sure it's always bad to slam your father, but I don't see JB having much ground to stand on.

I agree, I can also see a person slamming a parent if there were forms of abuse. I agree Boob doesn't have much ground to stand on. I know some people who have made bad financial decisions and they learned from those decisions. Maybe Jimmy Lee learned from the bad decisions he made. Boob slamming his dad about that stuff is a bit annoying because it seems Boob had an ok childhood despite any bad decisions his father made. Boob attended a private Christian high school.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You read my mind, lovemygsp! I'd have a hard time doing Raleigh-->Spartanburg (and lunch) in that time period, and I'm not driving a bus full of howler monkeys.

Its curious that there is only one Arkansas appearance, and none in nearby east Oklahoma or southern Missouri. I am surprised more Christian bookstores don't want to host them--they'd draw a huge crowd. I am also surprised that they aren't appearing at more mega-churches.

Of course at the Alexandria, VA appearance (and maybe the PA one as well), Josh will have to participate & further hog the spotlight!

Hmmm....they will be in Birmingham the same day that I will. Should I or shouldn't I?

Snort. There is NO way they will make it on time to Spartanburg from Raleigh with only 5hrs between and their infamous dugger time.

I assume all of the times are an "estimate" - they'll show up when they feel like it.

You read my mind, lovemygsp! I'd have a hard time doing Raleigh-->Spartanburg (and lunch) in that time period, and I'm not driving a bus full of howler monkeys.

Its curious that there is only one Arkansas appearance, and none in nearby east Oklahoma or southern Missouri. I am surprised more Christian bookstores don't want to host them--they'd draw a huge crowd. I am also surprised that they aren't appearing at more mega-churches.

Of course at the Alexandria, VA appearance (and maybe the PA one as well), Josh will have to participate & further hog the spotlight!

I'm surprised about that too. I think there might be some backlash in megachurches when it comes to the fundies like the Duggars. I remember a poster here said something about a megachurch warning people against ATI or VF.

I just thought of something. I wondered in my earlier post why the Duggars would choose to stop in such a small town 4 hours away from where I am, when they could potentially draw a much larger crowd if they went to a larger city nearby or further south.

It occured to me that the town they are touring in is located in a dry county - no liquor stores or alcohol sold anywhere except for restaurants. I wonder if that was a factor in them deciding where to stop in my state?

I don't keep up with these people anymore but how in the hell can any of these kids write a book when they have never ever experience being in love or in a relationship. I wonder if JB is taking the profits since he is his daughters Master.

Good point there. I bet one of the Duggar kids will eventually question Boob on that years from now.

This is interesting. So JB would let his family starve and put money towards a political campaign that he will never get. These people just keep getting crazier.

I wonder how Mary deals with her son saying those kinds of things. For whatever I think of her and her son, she genuinely and truly loved her husband, and I was taught that you do NOT speak ill of the dead.

My grandfather was a racist and a sexist and didn't make a lot of money, but I'd be six feet under if I said that to my mother - even if it was true.

I just thought of something. I wondered in my earlier post why the Duggars would choose to stop in such a small town 4 hours away from where I am, when they could potentially draw a much larger crowd if they went to a larger city nearby or further south.

It occured to me that the town they are touring in is located in a dry county - no liquor stores or alcohol sold anywhere except for restaurants. I wonder if that was a factor in them deciding where to stop in my state?

It probably was a factor with the Duggars. About a year or two ago, someone posted here about how he or she knew someone who worked at a restaurant in Colorado. The Duggars visited that restaurant when they went skiing or snowboarding(can't remember which activity), the poster said that the Duggars and TLC requested that the restaurant removed alcohol while they were eating and filming.

ETA: I found the post and I have to correct myself the poster didn't know anyone who worked at a restaurant. But the person the poster knew did volunteer ski patrol and found out about the Duggars and restaurant. Below is the poster's post

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15508&p=489387

Canthelpbutlook wrote:

I wasn't sure which Duggar thread to post this on so I picked this one. Whoever is in charge...if it should go somewhere else just let me know or move it. About a month ago I was talking to a customer of mine who lives in Colorado and he is a volunteer on the ski patrol at Granby Ranch (for those of you who don't know; that is where the Duggars went skiing in one of the episodes). I hadn't seen the episode until a few weeks ago when I was getting ready for work and it was on TLC at 5am (central time). Of course I was excited because that is where my customer volunteers and it was cool to see it. During the episode they are shown making pizzas (complete with some of TLC's little blurbs like "the Duggars used 300 pounds of cheese to make the pizzas"-not really 300lbs but you get the jist). Anyway...I couldn't wait to talk to my customer about this. So last week I am talking to him and I brought up the episode and asked if the pizza place was at the hill or somewhere local. Well he tells me (and this is the point of this post....what self rightous fucks these assholes think they are) that it was indeed taken at the hill. And there is a bar in this restaurant also. The Duggars DEMANDED that all of the alcohol be taken out of the bar before they would let their kids in there to make pizzas...beer taps and all. Where there should be alcohol bottles there is wood. ALSO one of the ski instructors that was supposed to give them a lesson was 5 minutes late due to circumstances that she couldn't control-she was fired on the spot.

I know there have been other posts about them being rude in public and things like that. And it just pisses me off that they come across as this "we love everyone because we are so Christ-like...ohhhhh look at us....we have 19 kids plus a few fetuses and we are GODLY, WORDLY, etc". :snooty: :snooty: They are pieces of shit!!!!!!!!!!!! They claim to be accepting and loving of everyone in the world UNDER THEIR TERMS. Someone needs to pop the bubble and EXPOSE THEM. It just makes me wonder else goes on we aren't shown about this supposedly WONDERFUL family.

OK..rant over. :dance:

It probably was a factor with the Duggars. About a year or two ago, someone posted here about how he or she knew someone who worked at a restaurant in Colorado. The Duggars visited that restaurant when they went skiing or snowboarding(can't remember which activity), the poster said that the Duggars and TLC requested that the restaurant removed alcohol while they were eating and filming.

ETA: I found the post and I have to correct myself the poster didn't know anyone who worked at a restaurant. But the person the poster knew did volunteer ski patrol and found out about the Duggars and restaurant. Below is the poster's post

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15508&p=489387

Wow I guess Duggar time really does ONLY apply to the Duggars.

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 8&p=489387

Now that is interesting, thanks for looking up that quote. I've eaten in a number of restaurants in the small town where they will be appearing...I don't envy the ones the Duggars choose to patronize if the family insists that all alcohol be removed from the restaurant, including the taps. I'm half-tempted to call every restaurant within 5 miles of the bookstore and warn them. :(

Sorry for being so naive, but why would alcohol need to be completely removed? I get that maybe they don't want it served around them in case of others being drunk and causing shit. Do they just want their (adult)children to not know it even exists?

Edited because I'm tired and apparently not making much sense.

Sorry for being so naive, but why would alcohol need to be completely removed? I get that maybe they don't want it served around them in case of others being drunk and causing shit. Do they just want their (adult)children to not know it even exists?

Edited because I'm tired and apparently not making much sense.

I don't get it either. I mean, c'mon. The Duggars and other fundies spend so much time railing against drugs and alcohol that you'd think it'd be impossible for the kids to not at least know they exist.

And it's not like any of the kids would dare ask for alcohol at dinner...right? :think:

Maybe boob and mullet view alcohol like bikinis. Too tempting and defrauding to even look at.

Maybe they think one of their kids might slip a bottle into her pocket to indulge in later? Or sneak a sip when they weren't looking?

I mean, if I was a customer, I'd get up and walk out if I'd been in the restaurant at that time. If the Duggars are so weak that their faith can't even handle me drinking AROUND them (drinking socially, not drinking to get drunk, even though I'm actually a lot calmer when drunk) then they are weak indeed.

Book's out as of this morning. I'm about a third of the way through it. Self-help book with Bible quotes, lots of preachiness, and veiled ATI/IBLP propaganda (IBLP is specifically mentioned re: those character lessons, and there's a link to their website). The writing style is exactly like that of JiChelle's books, so I'm guessing they used the same ghostwriter editor. It's...pretty much what you'd expect, i.e. the Nobel prize committee will not be calling any time soon (I'm being polite). There is a bit of passive-aggressive snark re: Grandpa Duggar being unable or unwilling to be a Godly role model, which is the only thing even vaguely new.

A fine read for the laundromat, a long train ride, or when you have insomnia. Fundies and Duggar fans will eat it up.

Time to go move my laundry to the dryer.

Isn't there a picture of the duggar kids and Santorum hanging around in a WINE store?

It was back when they were campaigning for him.

There were wine barrels and bottles and plates with cheese and stuff on them.

I'm sure I saw this....does anyone else remember?

I'm gonna search for it!

Book's out as of this morning. I'm about a third of the way through it. Self-help book with Bible quotes, lots of preachiness, and veiled ATI/IBLP propaganda (IBLP is specifically mentioned re: those character lessons, and there's a link to their website). The writing style is exactly like that of JiChelle's books, so I'm guessing they used the same ghostwriter editor. It's...pretty much what you'd expect, i.e. the Nobel prize committee will not be calling any time soon (I'm being polite). There is a bit of passive-aggressive snark re: Grandpa Duggar being unable or unwilling to be a Godly role model, which is the only thing even vaguely new.

A fine read for the laundromat, a long train ride, or when you have insomnia. Fundies and Duggar fans will eat it up.

Time to go move my laundry to the dryer.

I find it sad that the Duggars are joining Boob in trashing his late dad.

The Duggars campaign for Zach Bates in East Tennessee this Thursday, march 6, and then the book tour doesn't start in PA until March 12. I guess they will be inflicting themselves on the Nation's capitol between times. Being idiots on the metro, sneering at Ethiopian Food, etc.

I don't get it either. I mean, c'mon. The Duggars and other fundies spend so much time railing against drugs and alcohol that you'd think it'd be impossible for the kids to not at least know they exist.

And it's not like any of the kids would dare ask for alcohol at dinner...right? :think:

Maybe boob and mullet view alcohol like bikinis. Too tempting and defrauding to even look at.

Probably. I know some fundy lite people think that. My own Baptist mother freaked out when she found out that I keep wine around to cook with. I can't imagine what she'd say if she actually found the liquor cabinet.

Probably. I know some fundy lite people think that. My own Baptist mother freaked out when she found out that I keep wine around to cook with. I can't imagine what she'd say if she actually found the liquor cabinet.

Well, according to Growing up Duggar, one beer is often the first step down the path to alcoholism/drug addiction/car wrecks/brain damage/sin and HELL. It's much like seeing women in short skirts = forcing men to sin, and romance novels = turning women into sluts (in their hearts, at least). Apparently, God thinks humans are unable to exercise any type of self-control, so it is essential to rid the environment of anything vaguely tempting to avoid SIN! HELL! DEATH! just to ensure that the mere thought of engaging in drinking/drug use/sex/fun does not enter the person's mind.

I wonder how Mary deals with her son saying those kinds of things. For whatever I think of her and her son, she genuinely and truly loved her husband, and I was taught that you do NOT speak ill of the dead.

My grandfather was a racist and a sexist and didn't make a lot of money, but I'd be six feet under if I said that to my mother - even if it was true.

Oh, the J'slaves are even less complimentary towards Mary Duggar's father, who they describe as an "angry man who used foul language" who could barely support his family and didn't go to church *gasp*.

I'm going to have to stop reading this book now, as the other laundromat customers are getting disturbed by my snorts of derision.

Archived