IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

According to this blogger who saw the Duggars speak at a church in Chicago yesterday, the J'Slaves are writing a book called "Growing Up Duggar." I can't imagine what the book could possibly say that hasn't been said already in the two previous books.

proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2012/03/we-got-to-meet-duggars.html

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They gotta keep that revenue stream going for as long as they can. Books won't sell once the show is off the air.

Desperation....

I agree with Visionoyahweh, they are deseperate and they know they need to keep the extra money coming in. I bet Jill will discuss how her parents let their kids live at home after turning 18 or graduating high school and "how most other parents kick their kids out for college".

Uhm, when I said that I would be interested in a JSlaves book I meant one written after they were free.

This wasn't exactly what I had in mind by "tell-all book." *Sigh* I guess we can still hold out hope for Joy Anna to write a real one. She seems the most likely to want to, anyway.

I bet the J'Slaves' book will probably have some of the same vibe as the Sarah Malley book. I can see a good portion of the book discussing courtship and purity.

They gotta keep that revenue stream going for as long as they can. Books won't sell once the show is off the air.

Desperation....

I love the smell of desperation in the morning. (sorry, you left some low-hanging fruit). :mrgreen:

I bet the J'Slaves' book will probably have some of the same vibe as the Sarah Malley book. I can see a good portion of the book discussing courtship and purity.

Neither of which the J'Slaves know much about aside from what's been drilled into their brains by their stupid parents, of course, so they're the perfect authority.

I think the Botkin Sisters should get busy now writing some "cease and desist" letters to the J'slaves. I'm sure they're going to cover identical territory about how 'blessed' they are to save their first kiss for their husband, and how 'blessed' they are to live at home with Daddy and not be allowed to date or even (as of yet) have any experience with 'courtship'.

Although I'm not sure what they'd be allowed to discuss, they are no doubt experts on purity.

Courtship? As far as we know, not a one has met Prince Charming yet so they've got as much experience in that department as I do. Which would be none.

Interesting that the girls, not the boys are writing it.

Can the boys even read?

The girls have been doing workshops, too. I think it's because the Gothard lifestyle is so dependent on girls willing to go along with it. It doesn't take much for a boy to see the appeal of it, but girls have to be sold on it. They do all the labor, otherwise the house comes to a grinding halt.

Uhm, when I said that I would be interested in a JSlaves book I meant one written after they were free.

Me as well.

I'll keep waiting for the real "Growing Up Duggar" book.

That'll be the day... :violin:

Me as well.

I'll keep waiting for the real "Growing Up Duggar" book.

That'll be the day... :violin:

I'll wait with you. My prediction is that Joy Anna will be the author of that book. I don't see the J'Slaves leaving. Maybe Jana would leave. But I think Jill will never leave. She gives off a fundie people pleaser vibe.

Joy will DEFINITELY be the author. Poor girl is miserable, and it's so very obvious. Here's hoping she and Josiah take off when she turns 18 and never look back.

Maybe the Botkinettes and Sarah Malley can ghostwrite the book. Given SOTDRT English education it will be a miracle if the fab four can write anything that makes sense.

Remember that little paragraph Jana wrote in a blog a month or so ago? She sounded like a barely literate third grader.

The girls have been doing workshops, too. I think it's because the Gothard lifestyle is so dependent on girls willing to go along with it. It doesn't take much for a boy to see the appeal of it, but girls have to be sold on it. They do all the labor, otherwise the house comes to a grinding halt.

Speaking of grinding halts, did I hear Jinger in a recent episode say something about "going on strike" when they were supposed to be outside with the others planting trees in the cold or something?

I know she was kidding, but it's interesting such a thought would even be in her head. I'd bet at least a couple of those girls bitch to each other about all the work they have to do for so many brats blessings that don't belong to them. We know Joy hasn't finished her HS studies and yet is cooking and cleaning and helping out at the Smuggar household. In contrast, how does Josiah - who has finished high school - spend his days? Human nature being what it is, how could these young women not resent their brothers? Especially a smug, spoiled, lazy arse like Josh who has had everything literally handed to him by their parents?

One thing is for certain, any book will be ghostwritten with little or no input from the young women.

I'd love to read how it has really been for them to grow up (and still live) as sister moms to their younger siblings.

I'll wait with you. My prediction is that Joy Anna will be the author of that book. I don't see the J'Slaves leaving. Maybe Jana would leave. But I think Jill will never leave. She gives off a fundie people pleaser vibe.

I"m with you on Jill with the kool-aid drinker vibe. She seems like the tattle-tale of the family, and it's no coincidence that in recent episodes Jinger does her interviews with her and not with former BFF Jessa; Jinger seems more kool-aidish since paired with Jill. Don't wanna go all Godwin but she gives off the vibe of a girl who, in Occupied France, would have written the Kommandatur telling on their downstairs neighbours because she heard them listening to the radio- BBC and also that there sure seems to be a lot of men that gather for long evening discussions... :o

Anyone think Michelle will just write it? I mean what can they actually write on? Purity maybe, the family line of course (we love the kids God gave us, YEAH!! :dance: :doh: ), but the real story of daily life at the Duggar's house for the girls? NO way!!! The book will have to tow a carfeful line, minimizing chores, childcare, homeschooling, if the truth about their actual day gets out Michelle's cover is blown. Maybe they can talk about all the stuff we already have seen on TLC? I mean they thought we would all find it interesting to see them go to appts, talk to churches, take trips, barf, and talk at more churches, why not write about all those same things!!!

In all honesty even if they never leave, these girls should write about what they know, childcare books for ATI families, not for the parents but for the siblings, since we actually know who raises the kids, stain removal tricks, cooking tasteless, bland food for a 100 with screaming kids at your feet, at 11 years old, chore charts and how to even get your parents involved and on task. HEY!! OMG Maxwell's and others, I have the new money maker for you all, helpful housemaker books for the ATI SAHD's, you get your first book when you are handed off a "buddy", it's all there how to raise your siblings, and care for a house, as your Mother and Father breed, and go on TV taking about all their breeding. Yeah for you!!

I would really love to read how they really feel about growing up Duggar. But I'm sure the topics of the book will include how AWESOME of a mom Michelle was. How GREAT of a teacher Michelle was. How much the girls just LOVE cooking, cleaning, and schooling the younger kids. How they can't wait to be moms/ wives, but will wait under their Daddy's covering until Mr. Right comes along. Then there might be one small chapter on how they are allowed to make their own decisions (snark), go to college, and travel the world thanks to TLC.

Chances are this book will get released after the summer season when rating are crashing. So we can see yet another season were they go on a book signing tour "yippie" and JB and Michelle will be in the sack constantly praying they get preggers so after the book signing season fails the can claim they are pregnant!

All guesses of course :)

I"m with you on Jill with the kool-aid drinker vibe. She seems like the tattle-tale of the family, and it's no coincidence that in recent episodes Jinger does her interviews with her and not with former BFF Jessa; Jinger seems more kool-aidish since paired with Jill. Don't wanna go all Godwin but she gives off the vibe of a girl who, in Occupied France, would have written the Kommandatur telling on their downstairs neighbours because she heard them listening to the radio- BBC and also that there sure seems to be a lot of men that gather for long evening discussions... :o

I agree Jill does seem like a tattle tale. I bet she spies on her siblings quite a bit. I liked her for awhile, but once she made the smug and idiotic comment about "how most people kick out their kids after 18 or graduating high school", I disliked her right away. Lately she and Jinger seem smug in their interviews. Jill is naive about things and the comment I mentioned showed that. Jill probably thinks Boob, Mullet, and other QF parents are the only ones who let their adult kids live at home. A lot of non-fundies allow their adult kids to live at home while going to trade school, college, or sometimes working to save money. Out of the J'Slaves, the only I kind of like is Jana.

If you look at The Duggars first book I bet this book will be written the same way. It will have a few chapters of background and then maybe a chapter for each of the girls. Since it is called Growing up Duggar my guess it will focus almost entirely on ages 0-18 and have just a few lines about adulthood. I'm sure we will hear how great it was growing up in such a large family, how close the girls are, and how they want to have the same large families someday.

Archived