IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

My theory is that the girls are writing a real book. The reason it's taking so long is because they have to run everything past Jim Boob and Jichelle... so they are actually writing two books. One that their parents see and approve, and one that they actually send off to the editor.

The shit will hit the fan when the real book is the one released. Their parents will be pissed but by that time it will be too late to change anything.

We can only hope!

What I think is more likely is that anything of interest they have to say will be edited out by DQ&JB so that all they are left with is boring stuff that no one really cares about or wants to read. Either that, or none of them are all that interested in writing a book and they've just put it on the back burner and are hoping everyone will forget about it.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think their book will be sugar-coated, with all things being "neat" and "awesome", because Jim Boob and Mullet Mom will never let anything negative come out. The only way we'll get a tell-all book by a J'slave is if she leaves the compound for good.

To be honest, the only Duggar book that I might consider actually buying would the the tell-all from a compound escapee. Anything published by any of the kids while they are still in the TTH, will be definitely be sugar-coated and not give away what is really going on.

I remember the J'Slave book was mentioned recently on another thread here. I think the book got scrapped. They were behind on it with the ghostwriter and I recall that was mentioned a couple of times on the Duggar blog. Maybe the publisher got fed up with them. I agree with others, if publication happens, that book will be sugar coated. If a book tour was to happen, Boob and Mullet would be there. Both of them love attention.

If the book comes out, sales will mostly come from the in the dark Duggar fans and fundies. I can possibly see a J'Slave book making the non-fundie Duggar fans start to question the Duggars' lifestyle more. It would be very weird for many to read a book about women in their late teens and early 20s talk about living at home and taking care of siblings 24/7. Many people still don't see how stunted the Duggar kids are. The J'Slaves are doing College Minus crap which might hurt them in the future and none of them minus Jill have jobs outside the home. A book might make people see that the J'Slaves are very controlled by Boob and Mullet. If Jill talks about her lay midwife training, some readers might end up researching that further and realize that Jill is in a high risk position for lawsuits in the future.

How literate exactly are the girls? Maybe thats the reason why the book is not out yet, judging by Sarah Maxwell's books.

How literate exactly are the girls? Maybe thats the reason why the book is not out yet, judging by Sarah Maxwell's books.

I think one of them has written postings on the Duggar blog a few times. I don't remember their writings being horrible. I think they were probably working with a ghost writer. It has been rumored that a ghost writer worked with Boob and Mullet. The Duggars' diminishing popularity and political connections could be other reasons to why the book isn't out or has been scrapped. Last year, the Duggars said some stupid shit and their involvement Todd Akin caused small backlashes. After Michael K at dlisted posted that video of Mullet spouting off "overpopulation is myth" crap, many people realized how stupid the Duggars are. That video went viral on other sites and I remember HuffPo readers ripped Mullet apart. Boob was later filmed saying that he agreed with Michelle and I recall he also mentioned the Jacksonville BS theory.

The Duggars aren't popular like they used to be. Sites like Yahoo and MSN do give them attention these days. But they don't get a lot of mainstream attention from other sources. Boob and Mullet aren't like Kris Jenner who gets talk show deals. Theresa Caputo from Long Island Medium has managed to get a lot of attention and appearances on mainstream late night shows. She also had a Priceline commercial. Boob and Mullet don't have mainstream appeal like Theresa and other reality show stars do. The J'Slaves also don't have mainstream appeal either.

After Sarah Malley appreared on 19kac, I read reviews of her book on Amazon's. She had many favorable reviews, which were likely from fundies. But non-fundies left pretty scathing reviews. I can see some people reading a book by the J'Slaves and then seeing that these girls are out of touch with the real world. Boob and Mullet's books have gotten a few bad reviews on Amazon by people who realized that there is something off with them.

• 1 month later...
According to the Duggar Family Blog, the book will be released on November 5, 2013.

Mullet and Boob are probably preparing for the book tour even thought it is a JSlave book. Mullet loves attention and I can see her butting in at appearances.

Growing Up Duggar: The Duggar Girls Share Their View of Life Inside American's Most Well-Known Super-Sized Family. Due in Nov 5th. :violin:

"We love our siblings and we love our mom and dad and we REALLY love doing all this work because it is sooo godly!" BOOM! Done. Saved you four hours and $23.95.

"We love our siblings and we love our mom and dad and we REALLY love doing all this work because it is sooo godly!" BOOM! Done. Saved you four hours and $23.95.

You forgot to add that they love JESUS! !!

I'm throwing in one of the appendices free of charge, too: Homemade Beauty Helps, including face masks, shampoo, toothpaste and other things they haven't had to make in years due to TLC appearance allowances.

I wonder if the girls had a ghost writer. They're SOTDRT education doesn't give them enough knowledge to write a whole book. It'll be fluff anyway. Nothing new or shocking.

I pity the editors.

:lol: Me too. I'd be interested in reading it, but there is no way I'm going to pay money for it unless I get it used for 50 cents.

Yup--GOTTA be ghost-written. Do you think any member of this family could string together a sentence that would pass a seventh-grade grammar test?

'We love our family. Having sisters and brothers is fun especially taking care of them. JESUS!'

I'm looking forward to being a Mommy when God Daddy decides the time is right for me to find a husband.

I would only read a book by any of the Duggar kids if they had escaped the cult and were telling all about what shitty parents Michelle and Jimbob are and how much it sucks to have 18 siblings. Seeing as everything they write will probably have to go through their parents and anything negative would result in extra "training", I cant see it being anything more than we see on the show.

another book written by people who have not had a original thought in their heads. We really know this is a parent written book with the girls names on it. they are programmed to be the parents robots.

Growing Up Duggar: The Duggar Girls Share Their View of Life Inside American's Most Well-Known Super-Sized Family. Due in Nov 5th. :violin:

To me that book will be sad to read, it should be titled, The Girls Who Will Never Be Allowed to Grow Up.

I believe the Quiverful system will fail with time, young women not allowed into the world will not be able to meet husbands. At least in other closed systems the parents are smart enough to arrange marriages. {no, I am not advocating that either} but we see the failure of the Duggar system right before as as we watch Jana now 24-25? wilt on the vine.

I noticed on the Japanese show, they treat the over 20 year old daughters like they are still 12-13 years old. Daddy gave us an hour to shop by ourselves! Oh boy! [i got that when I was 12 to go to the mall not 18-25 years old]

From the Duggar website:

Our readers are constantly asking if there are any Duggar courtships in the works. According to Jill, "Nobody is in a relationship right now or has anybody right now that they are courting our dating."

Take 5 girls over the age of 16 that are not in a convent who are in normal health, and are you going to find that?

I find their disinterest in boys strange. Like not even normal nature is kicking in.

I would only read a book by any of the Duggar kids if they had escaped the cult and were telling all about what shitty parents Michelle and Jimbob are and how much it sucks to have 18 siblings. Seeing as everything they write will probably have to go through their parents and anything negative would result in extra "training", I cant see it being anything more than we see on the show.

You all ever notice if you watch the show carefully how the eyes are not smiling and the smiles are plastered on?

That is the only kind of book I would be interested in if one left and actually grew up.

Since they all sleep together in one big room, and have been raised to be each others "accountability partner" (snitch) it doesn't surprise me that none of them are breaking the rules. I do agree that the system is doomed to failure. None of the children, I mean, adult children, seem to be even looking for a spouse. Wonder why? Could it be they're tired of housekeeping, and childcare?

Since they all sleep together in one big room, and have been raised to be each others "accountability partner" (snitch) it doesn't surprise me that none of them are breaking the rules. I do agree that the system is doomed to failure. None of the children, I mean, adult children, seem to be even looking for a spouse. Wonder why? Could it be they're tired of housekeeping, and childcare?

I think you are on to something, that they are not interested in finding a spouse because they are sick of housework and childcare. They seem to be almost asexual too, such as how nuns years in the convent would become. No interest in men, or romance. Watching their parents charade to them, romance just means pregnancy after pregnancy and nothing else and they want nothing of it, since they have had to spend years raising their parents children. They live kind of like nuns now, lets say your typical Catholic school elementary teacher nun of 30 years ago. But unlike nuns, they have even less freedom and time off.

Archived