IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

Hey Jill- news flash, my life just went to hell and I'm moving back 'home' and I'm wayyyyy older than 18. I'm having a pre-mid life crisis (may even color my hair something un natural this summer). I've been on my own for oh... about 16 yrs or so. Go figure.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh great, their book will consists of nothing but "aaaand", "uuumms" and incomplete sentences.

I wonder if there will be a chapter on how to scrunch your hair within an inch of its life.

I seriously doubt the girls are going to write anything. Likely, some fundy ghostwriter will craft a piece of crap full of snark appeal. If they had to write a book themselves, I have no doubt their grammer and spelling would be atrocious. Listening to them talk is hard enough, reading what they write would just be scary.

The book would be about the same crap their parents' books are about. Courting, homeschooling and saving that first kiss for the boy daddy chooses for them. Realistically, the book will sell well in the fundy world, just not in the real world. Fundies are their real audience. They can market it at all the homeschool and Gothard conferences. I don't think it would do well with everyone else. The Duggar girls have nothing to offer other girls in the real world. They have nothing in common with them and would be unlikely to even know how to interact with them. Most parents want their children to be well educated, see the world and marry for love. Normal parents don’t raise their children to raise their brothers and sisters. When you listen to the girls talk, you realize how little they have to say. I can't imagine any book they "write" would have anything interesting in it.

Make no mistake, Jim Bob will take all the money the girls make. Don't look for bank accounts and credit cards in their names. I would bet that the check will be written out to Jim Bob. Money and education are power out in the world. Jim Bob already makes sure his girls are undereducated, no way will he allow them to have large amounts of money. It is way too dangerous.

I seriously doubt the girls are going to write anything. Likely, some fundy ghostwriter will craft a piece of crap full of snark appeal. If they had to write a book themselves, I have no doubt their grammer and spelling would be atrocious. Listening to them talk is hard enough, reading what they write would just be scary.

The book would be about the same crap their parents' books are about. Courting, homeschooling and saving that first kiss for the boy daddy chooses for them. Realistically, the book will sell well in the fundy world, just not in the real world. Fundies are their real audience. They can market it at all the homeschool and Gothard conferences. I don't think it would do well with everyone else. The Duggar girls have nothing to offer other girls in the real world. They have nothing in common with them and would be unlikely to even know how to interact with them. Most parents want their children to be well educated, see the world and marry for love. Normal parents don’t raise their children to raise their brothers and sisters. When you listen to the girls talk, you realize how little they have to say. I can't imagine any book they "write" would have anything interesting in it.

Make no mistake, Jim Bob will take all the money the girls make. Don't look for bank accounts and credit cards in their names. I would bet that the check will be written out to Jim Bob. Money and education are power out in the world. Jim Bob already makes sure his girls are undereducated, no way will he allow them to have large amounts of money. It is way too dangerous.

I agree a ghost writer will likely be involved. I think the only people that would really enjoy a book written by the Duggar girls are people who grew up in the same fundie lifestyle. I can't picture some 22 year old college student with a boyfriend enjoying the Duggars' girls book. I think most of the Duggars girls' friends are usually daughters from other fundie families.

The only book I'll buy that one of the J'Slaves have written is one written after one of them escapes the lifestyle (my money's on Joy Anna), to talk about the true nature of growing up Duggar. Preferably long enough after they've escaped that they've gotten enough decent remedial education to be able to write most of it themselves. This last ditch attempt at clinging to their fame won't work. Anyone who bought the first book won't do that again and their popularity is way down. It's not like they can get away with putting any truth in that book or it'll upset the few fans they have left.

They won't be able to be honest though. It will be exactly what their parents and church leaders want them to say. It's not going to say I HATE doing all the grunt work while my brothers sit back like kings and wait for the girl who'll become slave until he can sire the next generation of girl slaves.

Are the girls allowed to have their own bank accounts. A driver's License at least has use to the family - to do more work - but a bank account and separate money from the family - would that be too much freedom for these girls. They could leave if they had their own money.

Anyone think Michelle will just write it?

Her and/or Jim Bob, so they can talk about what ecellemt parents they are and how awesome it is to "grow up" under their (lack of) care, and just slap the girls' names on it.

I'm sure the book will be real good (in Duggar speak).

Gah, I want to scream every time the J'slaves open their ill-educated mouths.

Definitely gothard approved ghost writer. Multiple chapters on "intimate" details on the girls themselves: "My favorite color is pink!" and various blah. Probably why being homeskooled is awesome, and on waiting for a man. They LOOOOOOVE the waiting for prince charming girl, this will totally be an attempt to steal her thunder.

They won't be able to be honest though. It will be exactly what their parents and church leaders want them to say. It's not going to say I HATE doing all the grunt work while my brothers sit back like kings and wait for the girl who'll become slave until he can sire the next generation of girl slaves.

Are the girls allowed to have their own bank accounts. A driver's License at least has use to the family - to do more work - but a bank account and separate money from the family - would that be too much freedom for these girls. They could leave if they had their own money.

I too have wondered about the girls having bank accounts and I get the feeling that they don't have bank accounts.

This will be another Ghostwritten (by Mullet and Boob) "Tell Nothing" book. Sure the girls will do a first draft, but I can see lots of additions by Ma and Pa to really show the case that they are the BEST PARENTS EVAR™

I'll wait with you. My prediction is that Joy Anna will be the author of that book. I don't see the J'Slaves leaving. Maybe Jana would leave. But I think Jill will never leave. She gives off a fundie people pleaser vibe.

link? If there's a vibe that's guaranteed to please uptight fundie people I bet I'd get one hell of a good time out of it! ;)

Remember that little paragraph Jana wrote in a blog a month or so ago? She sounded like a barely literate third grader.

oh, i'd really like to read this

do you have a link?

It will probably go a little something like this:

Introduction: We're the Duggars! We're on TV! We are Christians! Yay!!!

Chapter One: Our wonderful parents!!!

Chapter Two: When we were little kids, Mama and Daddy kept bringing home lots of new babies. We had so much fun taking care of each and every one!!! Who needs dolls?

Chapter Three: More new babies-- and a new house!!!

Chapter Four: Homeschooling is awesome!!! Homeschooling conferences are fun, fun, fun!!!! The boys climb ropes and we girls get to teach and take care of little kids, just like we do at home!!!!!

Chapter Five: Cooking, cleaning, laundry, and other fun things we do!!!! Includes a recipe for tater tot casserole-- yum!!!!

Chapter Six: Sometimes we get to go on trips!!! Here's a picture of Jill pushing a stroller through the airport!!! Here's a picture of Jessa packing up the bus!!!

Chapter Seven: Modest modern clothes are the best!!!!

Chapter Eight: Courtship, not dating!!! Someday Prince Charming will come??? Oh, yes, of course he will!!!!!

Conclusion: We are so happy!!! Of course, we are!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just hoping for an unchaperoned book tour... no mommy and daddy controlling them and no Howlers to keep up with would equal a nice break for the J-Slaves. One can only dream...

It will probably go a little something like this:

Introduction: We're the Duggars! We're on TV! We are Christians! Yay!!!

Chapter One: Our wonderful parents!!!

Chapter Two: When we were little kids, Mama and Daddy kept bringing home lots of new babies. We had so much fun taking care of each and every one!!! Who needs dolls?

Chapter Three: More new babies-- and a new house!!!

Chapter Four: Homeschooling is awesome!!! Homeschooling conferences are fun, fun, fun!!!! The boys climb ropes and we girls get to teach and take care of little kids, just like we do at home!!!!!

Chapter Five: Cooking, cleaning, laundry, and other fun things we do!!!! Includes a recipe for tater tot casserole-- yum!!!!

Chapter Six: Sometimes we get to go on trips!!! Here's a picture of Jill pushing a stroller through the airport!!! Here's a picture of Jessa packing up the bus!!!

Chapter Seven: Modest modern clothes are the best!!!!

Chapter Eight: Courtship, not dating!!! Someday Prince Charming will come??? Oh, yes, of course he will!!!!!

Conclusion: We are so happy!!! Of course, we are!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :lol:

The book will be nothing but grade-A BULLSHIT. It will contain several references to Prince Charming and why courtship is SO MUCH BETTER than dating. :roll: Oh and how they REALLY, REALLY enjoy taking care of their little siblings day-in and day-out.

Funny as this is, it would be even more amusing if it wasn't so likely to be true.

I agree! I think you hit the nail on the head with that outline of the chapters. I would add to the chapter when they are little random unknown stories that they think are SO funny but really aren't funny or interesting.

I anticipate a few sentences along the lines of, "Sometimes it is hard to want to help with the little kids, but then I remember how wonderful it is to serve God and that gets me through. Also, we older girls and great examples to each other!"

No admission that they do all the work.

No admission that they feel anything negative for more than 30 seconds before Jesus zaps them with super love and energy.

If they are writing it themselves, I hope that the editor gets paid a boat load of money for fixing that mess.

Look for the secret message hidden in the first letter of every word along the margin.

it'll probably go something like

Playing with the kids is so much fun, we just

Love it! We couldn't imagine anything better!

Everyday we thank god for all the blessings in our lives

And couldn't imagine doing anything different at all.

Sometimes we get to go on trips, too and that just makes

Everything so much more fun because it really highlights how important

God is, no matter where you go, you have

Every opportunity to show the world your love.

This one time we were in this really poor country and all of

Us were in flip flops but we knew that even in flip flops we had more than

Some of those people who didn't even have electricity

Or proper King James Bibles. They were probably Catholic,

Unlike us, we're proper Christians in the purest christany way.

Then we also go on trips with Daddy, who is the most important man in

Our lives. In fact, he's the only man, so do lots of things together like

Footwashing, which shows humility and respect and one day he will find us

Husbands, we just have to wait and have faith that

Everything will work out fine and our lives are great!

Really! We love it!

Especially the babies!

However, with so many kids, isn't it just a matter of time before one of them as an adult breaks free and writes some kind of "my Duggar TV hell" memoir?

The book will be nothing but grade-A BULLSHIT. It will contain several references to Prince Charming and why courtship is SO MUCH BETTER than dating. :roll: Oh and how they REALLY, REALLY enjoy taking care of their little siblings day-in and day-out.

There will be sadness too, they will tell how they had to comfort the littles kids when their sister Jujubee died.

Archived