IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

I think you are on to something, that they are not interested in finding a spouse because they are sick of housework and childcare. They seem to be almost asexual too, such as how nuns years in the convent would become. No interest in men, or romance. Watching their parents charade to them, romance just means pregnancy after pregnancy and nothing else and they want nothing of it, since they have had to spend years raising their parents children. They live kind of like nuns now, lets say your typical Catholic school elementary teacher nun of 30 years ago. But unlike nuns, they have even less freedom and time off.

Its kind of true. They have Anna as a warning! She's always exhausted, chasing after her kids and her man child husband, life is tough. I'm not sure that I'd be rushing to get out of the TTH if I were in their shoes. J'chelle is unlikely to produce any more siblings for them to raise, they get cool trips, free food, and can share the load with the other J'slaves. The devil you know is safer than the one you dont...

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its maybe because of the years of repression and actively trying to turn off all form of sexual feelings that has caused them to not have any interest in courtship at all. Probably a combination of that and they see any interest in the opposite sex as leading to using your uterus like a clown car and seeing how their mom has been affected by 19 pregnancies as being a very bad thing (and of course, any interest in the same sex is sinful and wrong to them, as surely at least one Duggar has to grow up to be gay). Theres also the idea that sex is sinful and a bad thing that makes you impure, and that theyre told that women dont really want sex, but they have to give it to their husband whenever he asks.

I think that kind of mindset will make having sex sound terrifying.

To me that book will be sad to read, it should be titled, The Girls Who Will Never Be Allowed to Grow Up.

I believe the Quiverful system will fail with time, young women not allowed into the world will not be able to meet husbands. At least in other closed systems the parents are smart enough to arrange marriages. {no, I am not advocating that either} but we see the failure of the Duggar system right before as as we watch Jana now 24-25? wilt on the vine.

I noticed on the Japanese show, they treat the over 20 year old daughters like they are still 12-13 years old. Daddy gave us an hour to shop by ourselves! Oh boy! [i got that when I was 12 to go to the mall not 18-25 years old]

From the Duggar website:

Our readers are constantly asking if there are any Duggar courtships in the works. According to Jill, "Nobody is in a relationship right now or has anybody right now that they are courting our dating."

Take 5 girls over the age of 16 that are not in a convent who are in normal health, and are you going to find that?

I find their disinterest in boys strange. Like not even normal nature is kicking in.

The question should be: does anyone have a person they are interested in?

I think its maybe because of the years of repression and actively trying to turn off all form of sexual feelings that has caused them to not have any interest in courtship at all. Probably a combination of that and they see any interest in the opposite sex as leading to using your uterus like a clown car and seeing how their mom has been affected by 19 pregnancies as being a very bad thing (and of course, any interest in the same sex is sinful and wrong to them, as surely at least one Duggar has to grow up to be gay). Theres also the idea that sex is sinful and a bad thing that makes you impure, and that theyre told that women dont really want sex, but they have to give it to their husband whenever he asks.

I think that kind of mindset will make having sex sound terrifying.

I don't think they're asexual, I think they've just been trained that it's sinful to ask about a partner. And I'm nt surprised they're all towing the line - even if they have doubts, they don't know who they can trust, because all of them have been trained to be snitches. The only way to escape is to do it on your own, and the only godly way out is marriage, which would entail their own blessings. I think we might actually get a fewmore years of stasis. Now once one of them leaves, I predict a veritable wagon train pulling out...

Its kind of true. They have Anna as a warning! She's always exhausted, chasing after her kids and her man child husband, life is tough. I'm not sure that I'd be rushing to get out of the TTH if I were in their shoes. J'chelle is unlikely to produce any more siblings for them to raise, they get cool trips, free food, and can share the load with the other J'slaves. The devil you know is safer than the one you dont...

But Anna has adult status as a wife and mother. She also has relative freedom within the lifestyle - Josh doesn't seem to be a demanding micro managing headship like his father, I think as long as Anna outwardly toes the party line, looks after house and kids (which she seems to genuinely enjoy) and provides food and sex then Josh doesn't really care what else she does, and that he genuinely wants her to be happy. I don't see him scheduling interviews to enquiry after the state of her heart and to deal with her sins like JimBob does with his daughters and probably with Michelle.

Anna also has less children to care for than the original recipe Duggar girls and has the authority as a wife and mother to draft them in as free labor when she needs or wants help.

I think she has a better deal, and she seems a lot happier than dead behind the eyes Jana and ATI robot Jill.

I do too. Who wants to be the last girl stuck at home teaching Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer, Johanna, & Jackson to read and write, cook their meals, do their laundry (Grandma isn't going to keep doing it forever - she's not getting any younger) while mom & dad gallivant around the country.

Speaking of single Duggars, am I the only one that's confused why John David is still single?

Aren't fundie boys supposed to have a wife and 1.5 kids by his age?

Speaking of single Duggars, am I the only one that's confused why John David is still single?

I think it's more usual for the boys to marry in their mid to late twenties, especially as there is the expectation that they own a home and business debt free.

Josh was an exception- it's been speculated that he was married young partly for the show, partly because there was concern he wouldn't keep pure and there would be a scansal

From my experience, the younger children in the family tend to rebel more and more, as their parents get too tired to have a tight leash on them.

Josh already seems to be a bit more lax than his parents. I mean, he watches TV, goes to sports games, allows Anna to take Mackynzie to the library...etc. Also, Mack seems a lot smarter than any of the Duggar kids, and she'll probably be a bit more worldly (not like it says much given I'm comparing her to the Duggars but still).

I predict Hannie escapes. By the time she's old enough her parents would have probably relaxed a bit. I mean, look how much they "relaxed" in the last six years, even! Six years ago they were all wearing frumpers, nobody had smartphones, etc. Their skirts are shorter, their clothes are more fitted and trendier, etc. In ten years when Hannie is 17, by then maybe the ATI movement would disintegrate a bit or would be publicly shamed for abuses, maybe the Duggars would have seen more of the outside world? Maybe when Amy gets married and has a nice family and is happy, people will see what's on the other side.

I don't know, maybe I'm just hopeful.

That book is certainly being edited by Jim Boob. We can't have the truth come out now can we?

Of course Mullett will butt in, "I have 19 blessings, and my 4 oldest girls wrote this book." They couldn't possibly be allowed to do a book signing on their own, even though they have done a few other things. There has to be a male watching over them. God forbid they defraud someone by showing a knee!

If it's due out in Nov. then I look for it to actually be on shelves in March, Duggar Time, you know. That should give us a clue about a ghost writer--and the grammer, etc.

My theory is that the girls are writing a real book. The reason it's taking so long is because they have to run everything past Jim Boob and Jichelle... so they are actually writing two books. One that their parents see and approve, and one that they actually send off to the editor.

The shit will hit the fan when the real book is the one released. Their parents will be pissed but by that time it will be too late to change anything.

It'll be like the crooked businessman who has 3 sets of books: One for himself, one for his partner and one for the IRS.

From the Bowker Books in Print database:

Growing up Duggar: The Duggar Girls Share Their View of Life Inside American's Most Well-Known...

Author: Duggar, Jill; Duggar, Jinger; Duggar, Jessa; Duggar, Jana

ISBN-10: 1-4516-7916-5ISBN-13: 978-1-4516-7916-8

Format: Hardback

Publisher: Howard Books Publication Date: Nov 2013

Price: USD $19.99 (Retail Price)

Simon & Schuster, Incorporated

I predict that during the book tour, the Smug Three (Jill, Jessa, and Jinger) will be doing most of the talking, while poor Jana will have a difficulty trying to talk.

From the Bowker Books in Print database:

Growing up Duggar: The Duggar Girls Share Their View of Life Inside American's Most Well-Known...

wonder what comes out after the "..."? Uterus? Cult?

Tinker Toy House?

I hope the book tour/potential helpmeets on parade tour comes near my house.

I'm gonna read it... but I'm not paying a dime for it. I will sit in the book isle and read it. The Wal-Mart near me wont care. IF Books A Million has it then I will do it there.

Why do we have to wait for November?

I'll take my Nook into Barnes & Noble and read it there for free. And then my fundie sister-in-law will send it to my daughter for Christmas, so we'll have it to enjoy forever. :roll:

From readfing their books, it seems they weren't really Fundie until after the JCaleb miscarriage. So Josh had a bit of nomral life. I think marriage was a nice way of kicking him out. I do agree the younger kids will be more secular since they are exposed to more. Obviously, Josh and Anna toe the line enough to not get shunned.

Anyhow, It sems like the Duggar girls have been writing this book forever.

Will the money from this book legally be the girls, since they are listed as the authors? Because while I won't let Boob have a dime, I would contribute to a fund the girls have as legally theirs, even if they aren't "allowed" to access it.

maybe he is being like David by wanting to wait until he is 25.

From readfing their books, it seems they weren't really Fundie until after the JCaleb miscarriage. So Josh had a bit of nomral life. I think marriage was a nice way of kicking him out. I do agree the younger kids will be more secular since they are exposed to more. Obviously, Josh and Anna toe the line enough to not get shunned.

Anyhow, It sems like the Duggar girls have been writing this book forever.

The Jcaleb miscarriage happened when Josh was one, and he started the ATI curriculum at four, so all he remembers would be a fundie childhood. I think they were actually more extreme and conservative when raising Josh than they are now with the younger ones, thanks in part to the show and in part to having less energy and delegating SOTDRT instruction to the older girls.

A few engagements or weddings for the book tour? Idk how plausible that is, but can you imagine being forced to make huge life choices based on when your dad can whore you out?

There is no way that book isn't going to be mostly written by Boob and Mullet. Jinger can't even express an opinion on living in a city without Mullet correcting her to say, "NO, she doesn't want to live in the city! What she MEANT was she wants to live close to WalMart!" They bought 20 acres with the intention of all their kids living on the compound forever. Maybe Jinger will get an acre closest to walmart.

if this is already posted, forgive me!

this is from amazon.

3.Growing Up Duggar: The Duggar Girls Share Their View of Life Inside American's Most Well-Known Super-Sized Family... by Jill Duggar, Jinger Duggar, Jessa Duggar and Jana Duggar (Nov 5, 2013)

Formats Price New Used

Hardcover

Available for Pre-order

Pre-order Price Guarantee.

See product for more details

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping and 1 more promotion $19.99

Kindle Edition

Available for Pre-order

Archived