IGNORED

J'Slaves Writing a Book

GeoBQn

Oh, the J'slaves are even less complimentary towards Mary Duggar's father, who they describe as an "angry man who used foul language" who could barely support his family and didn't go to church *gasp*.

I'm going to have to stop reading this book now, as the other laundromat customers are getting disturbed by my snorts of derision.

I don't think I could even start if it that sort of thing is in there.... What's their point? Really, what are they trying to prove? He's not here to defend himself, and it's not their place to judge him or anyone else.

You don't disrespect the dead like that. Jesus would not approve.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think J'Slaves are trashing relatives as way of elevating Boob's status.

You're assuming the J'Slaves actually wrote this dreck. It's got JiChelle's fingerprints all over it. I think the daughters may have contributed some anecdotes, but not a lot else (although I'm betting Jill added the mention of STDs and HPV--not sure that subject is in a Wisdom Booklet). My sympathy to the ghostwriter who had to put this book together.

The disparaging remarks towards relatives are really passive-aggressive digs to show what happens to people who don't serve Jesus in the manner the Duggars have decided is the "right" way. It's the Christian thing to point out their failings in a "loving" way, although, since these "sinners" are dead, I'm not sure what the point is except to show how Boob overcame terrible obstacles on his path to salvation. It's quite snarky for a group that thinks snark is the 8th deadly sin.

This book is much, much worse than expected, and I expected it to be bad. Unless one or more of them is putting up an amazingly convincing front, it's going to be impossible to free Jinger, or anyone else, because they have completely bought into the ATI/IBLP agenda. I have more hope for the citizens of North Korea than I do for any of these young women.

If you only know about the Duggars as a benignly religious family from t.v., this book is going to be a rude awakening. Read at your own peril.

I will probably read it of my library gets it (even better than buying used and saving the difference!). However, I will draw the line at actually suggesting that my library purchase it. They already have So Much More, Passionate Housewives Desperate for G-d, and they used to have the Vision Forum "Demographic Winter" movie.

This does not read like something they wrote.

I can't believe they said Jim Bob and Michelle spend more time with each individual child than most parents with one or two kids do.

CITE YOUR SOURCES DUGGARS! I want you to tell me how often on average "most parents with one more of two kids" spends with their kids, cite your sources, and then prove you spend more time with your 19 kids than "most parents" spend with their own.

How horrible. They are basically saying their family is better than every other family. That is a terrible thing to say.

I would bet on average I spend more time with my one daughter in a week than JB and M spend with each individual child.

post-693-14451998673025_thumb.png

post-693-14451998673352_thumb.png

I will be reading this book at WalMart sometime this week. They know me, they don't care if I plop my butt down and start reading. I refuse to pay for the book.

I will be reading this book at WalMart sometime this week. They know me, they don't care if I plop my butt down and start reading. I refuse to pay for the book.

Check out Chapter 6 (Your Relationship With Culture) and the section in the Internet. Methinks someone associated with the Duggars has been reading FJ, TWOP and similar groups (aka "bitter rooms"). You're going to need a barf bag for the rhapsodies over Santorum...do I detect a bit of a crush on Frothy? WalMart sells barf bags, right?

Don't say I didn't warn you. Good luck!

Check out Chapter 6 (Your Relationship With Culture) and the section in the Internet. Methinks someone associated with the Duggars has been reading FJ, TWOP and similar groups (aka "bitter rooms"). You're going to need a barf bag for the rhapsodies over Santorum...do I detect a bit of a crush on Frothy? WalMart sells barf bags, right?

Don't say I didn't warn you. Good luck!

Of course they read FJ. I wouldn't be surprised if they have someone on their PR team whose sole job it is to read message boards and blogs. In fact, I imagine most fundies with an internet presence know about us and receive updates from various sources on what is being said about them. We know Stevehovah reads us. Ken Alexander posts here. I think us FJers get so caught up on our little internet island that we forget how many silent waves the things we say make in fundieland. Even if they do fall on deaf ears. :lol:

This is my thoughts on J. L. Duggar. If he was an angry man who yelled and cuss maybe that way the only way he could deal with JB. I know JB would probably drive me to cuss and yell and drink. I honestly think he was the only sane and rational Duggar. I think it is pretty crappy of them to bad mouth him because I don't think he was ever mean or nasty his grandchildren. The girls are only parroting everything they have been told their whole lives.

My mother and I never had the best relationship but when my kids were little I never bad mouthed my mother to them. Because I wanted them to form their own opinion. Even though she didn't treat my brothers and I very well. She was always good to my.

Hey, Duggars have some respect for your elders and the deceased.

I can't believe they said Jim Bob and Michelle spend more time with each individual child than most parents with one or two kids do.

CITE YOUR SOURCES DUGGARS! I want you to tell me how often on average "most parents with one more of two kids" spends with their kids, cite your sources, and then prove you spend more time with your 19 kids than "most parents" spend with their own.

How horrible. They are basically saying their family is better than every other family. That is a terrible thing to say.

I would bet on average I spend more time with my one daughter in a week than JB and M spend with each individual child.

The only way the Duggar parents spend more time with their children than average is by factoring in ages 18+. You know, all those years when normal children would be considered adults, be at college/work, living outside their parents' home, etc.

radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/03/duggar-girls-crisis-eating-disorders-physical-desire-other-sins-struggling-against/

Radar trying to make the book scandalous.

"You are the best parents in the world!"

That's got to be written by Jill, I can just imagine Jinger's raised eyebrows, Jessa's bitch face and Jana's uncertain smile if they were told to write this.

You're probably not allowed to post pictures from the books, but are there any cute new baby pictures or others? The pictures are the only thing I'm interested in, and I'm not going to buy the book just for that.

I think this book is pretty good evidence that the brainwashing runs deep and none of the older girls are going to be rejecting what they've been taught, let alone writing a "tell all" book any time soon.

"You are the best parents in the world!"

That's got to be written by Jill, I can just imagine Jinger's raised eyebrows, Jessa's bitch face and Jana's uncertain smile if they were told to write this.

You're probably not allowed to post pictures from the books, but are there any cute new baby pictures or others? The pictures are the only thing I'm interested in, and I'm not going to buy the book just for that.

There are some old pictures I hadn't seen before. Lots of frumpers.

Having read the book, it would appear that any one of the J'Slaves could have written that their parents are just The Best. Jana, Jessa and Jinger come off just as committed to their lifestyle as Jill does (assuming any of them actually wrote this book). If anything, Jill sounds like the one most likely to have a semi- independent thought. Jinger is either being totally cynical, or has no desire whatsoever to be freed.

Fundies are going to love this book.

There are some old pictures I hadn't seen before. Lots of frumpers.

Having read the book, it would appear that any one of the J'Slaves could have written that their parents are just The Best. Jana, Jessa and Jinger come off just as committed to their lifestyle as Jill does (assuming any of them actually wrote this book). If anything, Jill sounds like the one most likely to have a semi- independent thought. Jinger is either being totally cynical, or has no desire whatsoever to be freed.

Fundies are going to love this book.

Jill is probably the only one who is ALLOWED to have independent thoughts because she seems to like this lifestyle and her parents know that. all the other girls seem a little unhappy with the way they grew up (yes, they are all adults!) and the parents know that, too, I think. The girls are showing it in various ways (Jinger wants to live in a big city....Jana's unhappiness written all over her face...). I still, after all these years, want to free Jinger just because I think she has even some more issues going on than the others.

sorry, english is not my first language.

FMJ, I can guarantee that you spend more time with your one child than Boob and Mullet spend with their entire brood.

I think this book is pretty good evidence that the brainwashing runs deep and none of the older girls are going to be rejecting what they've been taught, let alone writing a "tell all" book any time soon.

I don't buy it. They didn't write the book, it was written for them. We know there was a ghostwriter and a heck of a lot of influence from their parents. I don't necessarily think any of them are close to running, but I don't think you can use this heavily supervised and edited book as evidence of anything except that everything they are allowed to say in public is supervised and heavily edited. For now, their private thoughts on their lifestyle remain private, and who knows what those are.

Id like to read their real thoughts, unedited and unread by parents. The problem is, there is no way for them to tell the general public how they really feel without their parents editing them, or the fear of their parents reading it and beating them or locking them in the prayer closet for disgracing the family. I don't think we will ever know how they really feel, unless one of them makes a break for it. Even if someone asked them in private, they would get scared and say everything is okay because they worry that someone will tell their parents, or sell their story to the highest bidder and then their parents will find out and make their life hell.

Since they are around all the time (well used to be) that's is what they are talking about. I know of no other parents who schedule a hour with a child a week ahead of time. Most of the one on one time is confessing all the personal thoughts and horrible sins to their parents.

Read some of it, it's just a whole load of sh1t.

Lots of references to satan , and those bitter people on the internet .

I don't buy it. They didn't write the book, it was written for them. We know there was a ghostwriter and a heck of a lot of influence from their parents. I don't necessarily think any of them are close to running, but I don't think you can use this heavily supervised and edited book as evidence of anything except that everything they are allowed to say in public is supervised and heavily edited. For now, their private thoughts on their lifestyle remain private, and who knows what those are.

I'm sure Boob and Mullet proofread every bit of it and wouldn't let them put anything in it that would make them look bad

Duggars.tumblr.com has an excerpt from chapter one up.

Jessa talks about going to a birthday party and randomly throws something in about Joy being beautiful inside and out. Seriously, it comes out of nowhere.

Let's see the manuscript. Unedited. I'm sure it would tell a much different story.

TWO YEARS to write and finish a non-fiction manuscript, with a ghostwriter? Yeah, right.

Not having read this entire thread, hopefully I'm not repeating. I just saw this excerpt elsewhere:

The Duggar girls — who refrain from dancing and revealing shoulders or upper legs — praised Michelle for quitting the cheerleading team when she found God in the middle of her senior year.

Ummm, football is over by the middle of the senior year, amiright? So unless she was cheering for basketball (doubtful) cheer was over by then. Praise the convenience.

According to the Duggar Tumblr thing, the girls said their mother dressed immodestly in high school.

Gasp! She showed her knees and shoulders! She wore cheerleader clothes!

Actually, most young Michelle pictures we see she looks modest. Jeans and t shirts.

Archived