IGNORED

Botkin 3: Elizabeth Married!

Coconut Flan

52 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Anna Sofia- September 26, 1985 (the difference is probably based on how quickly they posted birthday stuff on social media one year)

Elizabeth- I had 1987 but no specific date

Elizabeth's birthday is August 19th.  Anna Sofia's is September 24th.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Wow!  First Sarah engaged and now Elizabeth married!

I agree with @sableduck we need an Arndt engagement to complete the trifecta of upheaval.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I know when they did their "Reclaiming Beauty" webinar they used a photo of E wearing a pair of jeans around the barn as an example of how even they could be lazy and unfeminine if not careful. There was a photo of AS probably wearing jeans (albeit with an apron over them) floating around the 'net years ago, so I think they wore them, but it went against their public stance on appearance.

I have their birthdays down as:

Anna Sofia Botkin - September 24, 1985

Elizabeth Grace Botkin -  August 19, 1987

But I can't seem to find any solid verification of those, so take it for what it's worth.

I don't have proof, but this jives with my memory of old how the Botkins are. I knew they were born in those years and that their birthdays were between August and October, so you're probably right. 

Wait a second. Is the Reese Thompson any relation to Timothy Thompson, the “secretary” to Geoff’s ASSCult? (What is he doing with that “organization” anyways?)

https://www.intellispect.co/organizations/832490906-atlantic-society-for-the-study-of-culture

ETA: Never mind. It looks like it’s just the cover organization for his YouTube videos. Why does he need another 501c3 for that?

https://www.open990.org/org/832490906/atlantic-society-for-the-study-of-culture/

Edited by Columbia
ETA
  • Upvote 3

Mazel tov, Betty! Now I hope Annie gets married. It’s sad to think of one of them still home with nothing while the other gets to have her own home, learn the horizontal rumba, things like that.  Especially I love the idea of those gals getting out of their folks’ dreary, frontier-core looking home (as I recall the photos).  

Oldies might recall that — before FJ required us not to touch the poo — I quietly attended Rebecca Serven’s wedding. The Botgals were there, showing off as young women do, along with several other young women before the service.  Just typical stuff, making sure they were seen as they flitted about. 

Then they settled down and  provided pre-processional music on their harps.  Their demeanor changed to seriousness, which was appropriate / but I also thought there was a real sadness about them.  They looked,  frankly, woebegone if not envious: another wedding, and they’re not the bride.  And that was, IIRC, 2009. Thirteen (13!!!) years later … *smh*

Anyway, yay, Liz!  Good luck, Sofe!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 14
  • Move Along 1

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

They looked,  frankly, woebegone if not envious: another wedding, and they’re not the bride.  And that was, IIRC, 2009. Thirteen (13!!!) years later … *smh*

I remember that you attended Rebecca Serven's wedding. She was a happy bride as Esther Seppi's report indicates. Too bad Rebecca had to wait for YEARS before her asshat parents agreed to let Steven Loomis court & marry her.  

Re: the Botkins. In 2009 -- after several years of VF events, ROTD, and publishing So Much More -- I can just bet they'd had enough of the "always the harpist bridesmaid, never the bride" routine. Fast forward a few years, though, and you wonder what they thought about godly marriage in the wake of the Bradrick! divorce & fall of their dad's buddy, Doug Phillips the Tool.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Too bad Rebecca had to wait for YEARS before her asshat parents agreed to let Steven Loomis court & marry her.  

In a twist that saddens, it appears Steve & Becks just can’t stay away from the asshats and have moved to Texas to be near them. From beautiful coastal  California? And worst of all … the Asshats have possibly invaded Austin?  Oh, sigh. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

And worst of all … the Asshats have possibly invaded Austin?  Oh, sigh. 

Comfort yourself knowing that the weather forecast for today is a high of 106 degrees, Sunday and Monday are 108 to 110 .  This insane heat (around or over 100 degrees)  could go on through October; August and September are typically the hottest months. 

So miserable for people with kids who can't go out an play,  unless you have some kind of water feature (pool, sprinkler, something) for the kids to play in...and shade, lots of shade. Here's hoping the Texas power grid doesn't fail.  

Screenshot 2022-07-09 7.16.39 AM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

As much as we snark on the Botkins, I truly wish Elizabeth every happiness in her marriage and that her new husband cherishes her with unending love and kindness.

That said, has be been married before? Widowed? 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 5

39 minutes ago, Howl said:

As much as we snark on the Botkins, I truly wish Elizabeth every happiness in her marriage and that her new husband cherishes her with unending love and kindness.

No, I think he’s younger than her. My guess is that he’s in his 20s.

I would guess that a single fundie female in her 30s might have to look at the younger fundie men since so many of the older men are already taken. Esther Staddon married a Frazer a few years younger. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, Columbia said:

It looks like it’s just the cover organization for his YouTube videos. Why does he need another 501c3 for that?

501c3 designation makes it a non-profit, thus it is tax-exempt.  501(c)(3) designation means a nonprofit organization (not necessarily a corporation) that has been recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt by virtue of its charitable programs.

The IRS exemptions for a 501c3  = "The exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3) are charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, and preventing cruelty to children or animals." (bolding mine).

I suspect Geoff claims he falls under one or more of the bolded purposes.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I truly wish Elizabeth every happiness in her marriage and that her new husband cherishes her with unending love and kindness.

I hope so too. I notice that Anna Sofia is now a realtor. Good for her although her, uh, reworked bio is an interesting contrast to the Visionary Daughters statement.

266933138_AnnaSofiatherealtor.png.a61846e92ffd67b1582db8304d8c7b38.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

I have a long standing passion for helping people find the right place to settle

Wut? You mean like telling young women to never leave their parents’ house?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 2

So I wonder what AS does if an unmarried couple or even — gasp! —a same sex couple engage her services to look for a house? 

• Upvote 21

On 7/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, Howl said:

As far as I'm aware, he has no previous marriage.  I wouldn't necessarily know, especially if it was relatively brief and/or kept very quiet, but I didn't catch even a hint of anything like that the time I did meet him, and the social standing he seemed to have wasn't one that would make sense with a prior marriage in most cases.  Maybe if she died (though that would be more likely to come up), or if she cheated on him, etc., but usually a prior marriage in those circles does carry some kind of a cloud with it, and that dynamic didn't seem to be present.  I'd be surprised to find out there was one.  

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

the time I did meet him

What was your general sense of personality/temperament?

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2022 at 1:45 PM, Howl said:

What was your general sense of personality/temperament?

I don't remember much, honestly.  He wasn't the only new-to-me person there, and was mostly memorable for his hair.  I do remember him seeming like he was eager to learn from those he saw as his elders.  He also did seem like he was actively looking for a spouse (and possibly even interested in a friend of mine until he learned that she was a feminist, which shot that down quickly).  

He and Elizabeth will likely be happy together.  They've known each other for years now, so they pretty much know what they're getting into now.  

I don't know if they'll be living on the compound or not.  Apparently there's a possibility they might move to New Zealand?  Though I can't verify that as anything more than rumor.  

On 7/11/2022 at 10:06 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

AS looks sad in that photo.

She pretty much always seems sad.  

• Upvote 5

Ok, so I haven't been here for some weeks and Sarah Maxwell is engaged and a Botkin is married??? WOW!!! I hope the baby sleeps tonight, Mama has got some reading to do.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12

• 4 weeks later...

Ah yes, T-Rex Arms, the Manufacturing, Retail, and Media company, with a known Duck Biologist on retainer!

• Haha 12

On 8/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, CyborgKin said:

Ah yes, T-Rex Arms, the Manufacturing, Retail, and Media company, with a known Duck Biologist on retainer!

I’m surprised that the duck biologist hasn’t put out any new YouTube videos instructing TFG on what he should do now that the FBI is after him. Geoff might have gotten his advice regarding the election wrong, but I’m sure he has better ideas now. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

If the Biblical Blueprints Reese is involved in is the same as the one run by Phil Kayser in Omaha, then I'm highly doubtful that they're going to move towards more progressive Christianity. Many of the families in Kayser's church ("Dominion Covenant Church", a member of the Covenant Presbyterian Church denomination) were heavily into VF before it collapsed, and while they may wear jeans their theology is heavily patriarchal, theonomist, and just generally toxic. (Last I knew, Biblical Blueprints had a booklet on the death penalty which supported the concept of death for gay people.)

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

Impressive how people can read "thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" and "he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" and think "well, don't like that so probably ought to kill them".

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6