IGNORED

Botkin 3: Elizabeth Married!

Coconut Flan

35 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

The Botkins are selling   https://go.realtracs.com/14R461I

Whoa! almost 2 million, but there is a lot there.  How to say  the "multi-family estate" is a survivalist compound without saying it's a survivalist compound?    So much for the 200-year plan. They aren't subdividing off the multiple houses, so where's everyone gonna go? 

"Multi-family sustainable property, nestled in the woods of TN! Formerly part of the Three Springs Camp for boys, this property has been converted into a multi-family estate.

The remodeled buildings (built with industrial-grade materials) are very solid and house over 13,271 square feet of living space, shared between 4 finished homes and a 4,000 SF event venue.

Other buildings include a large well-lit shop, storm shelter, hoop house, milking shed and food storage/pantry building.

Nearly 30 acres including forest, timber, fruit trees, a large garden, and about 2 acres of pasture. Well has a solar pump, and additional solar panels power three of the buildings. Long paved driveway.

Very private, but only an hour from Nashville! Perfect for a retreat center or a family compound."

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

18 minutes ago, Howl said:

They aren't subdividing off the multiple houses, so where's everyone gonna go? 

Even in TN, it would probably be very expensive to subdivide the property. 

Re: where will everyone go. I have assumed that at least two married kids & their households -- Lucas & Kara and Benjamin & Audri -- are not living there. We know that Ben & Audri moved away several years ago. Of the other adult children, that leaves David & Nadia, Isaac & Heidi, Elizabeth, and Noah. Presumably, Anna Sofia is living elsewhere with her husband although I suppose they could be occupying House 2, 3, or 4.

• Upvote 2

I’m glad to see this. I hope all of the Botkin children live away from the Botkin parents. They need to be independent. I doubt they are actually independent yet. But this gives me hope that some may try to follow Ben and Audra’s lead. 

• Upvote 7

I wonder if the duck biologist and wifey are going to a nice senior living center, plan to live near (or with!) one of the kids, maybe need a house that can accommodate them as they age in place. , etc.  They may want to be closer or need to be closer to major medical in Nashville.  Whatever it is, it's a huge change. 

• Upvote 7

52 minutes ago, Howl said:

I wonder if the duck biologist and wifey are going to a nice senior living center

Would guess that this change centers on the senior Botkins. That's a lot of property to look after, especially when you don't have a full complement of resident families to help you.

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Would guess that this change centers on the senior Botkins. That's a lot of property to look after, especially when you don't have a full complement of resident families to help you.

So true.  Also, I'm wondering if the other adult resident kiddos are wanting some changes as well.  Is everyone still living on the compound dependent on T-Rex Arms for employment? 

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is everyone still living on the compound dependent on T-Rex Arms for employment? 

Guessing that yes, a majority of the Botkins in TN depend on T-Rex Arms for their livelihood. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

The Botkin Compound is still on the market, 54 days & counting. No price drop.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

They really picked a bad time to list. Everyone knows no one wants to look for a house to buy around Christmas. They should probably take it off the market now and put it back up in March with a lowered price. 

• Upvote 3

Yes, winter isn't a great time to sell.  Also, mortgage rates are a bit higher now.  It's a compound, but not high end or with distinctive architecture. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

• 5 weeks later...

T. Rex Arms got their very own article in Mother Jones magazine next month.

Spoiler

article.thumb.jpg.6d867aab0d1c370572082d9aa4f4757d.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

T. Rex Arms got their very own article in Mother Jones magazine next month.

Thank you, @Columbia, for sharing the article. Lucas was bragging about it recently on his IG.

From the article:

Geoff was once a senior consultant to the Western Conservatory of the Arts and Sciences, an organization offering advice on family building and religious living. 

Huh? The Western Conservatory is Geoffʻs vanity project which never seems to have gotten off the ground despite relentless peddling of videos & books.

IMO, the journalist should have done some more research. She portrays Geoff as somehow being widely respected & successful when, in reality, heʻs an aging lunatic who lives off his son's business because nothing Geoff has done has come to very much or provided nearly the amount of money that T-Rex Arms brings in. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

IMO, the journalist should have done some more research. She portrays Geoff as somehow being widely respected & successful when, in reality, heʻs an aging lunatic who lives off his son's business because nothing Geoff has done has come to very much or provided nearly the amount of money that T-Rex Arms brings in. 

Yeah, I figured there were probably some word limits, but I think she could have done a better job laying out the background that got T Rex Arms here. Not just Western Conservatory, but Vision Forum and Howard Phillips, all the dominionism behind it. She wrote as if this company is an anomaly that popped up at random in central Tennessee, not the fruit of decades of people who really like power.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 1/20/2024 at 7:35 PM, hoipolloi said:

And itʻs still for sale, 87 days and counting. Still no price drop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Mother Jones Magazine has found out about T. Rex Arms. In today's newsletter:

March 28, 2024

Ever heard of GunTube? 

I hadn't, until I read this crazy story by Lila Hassan, published on our site today. GunTube is what, as Lila writes, extremism researchers call "an ecosphere of gun influencers whose videos peddle a wide range of conservative content." Their argument goes like this: Guns can help good Christian Americans defend against the hellscape the USA has become, as evinced by—you guessed it—the liberal media, gun control efforts, and Black Lives Matter protests. As Lila writes: 

While some of its most popular videos offer product reviews and shooting tips, they are accompanied by a wide range of political content, including interviews with conservative officials and activists. In weekly “T.Rex Talks,” Lucas and his brothers sit in a dimly lit studio to discuss America in decay, and how like-minded, God-oriented people can save it. They often reference the end times and urge their viewers to seize control before things get worse. “They’re selling products,” says Max Rizzuto, another Atlantic Council researcher, “and the product is ideology, too.”

As Lila's piece explains, this ideology also relies on patriarchy, among other things. So, in summary: Guns don't just kill tens of thousands of Americans each year, they're also the latest tool conservatives are using to recruit more people—and men especially—to their cause. 

"Christian firearms accessory company." That's a contradiction in terms if ever there was one.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 2/22/2024 at 10:15 AM, hoipolloi said:

And itʻs still for sale, 87 days and counting. Still no price drop. 

122 days and counting but now with a price drop of $150K.

Guys, it's a STEAL at $1,800,000.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

There are very few buyers on the market looking for a compound. Sure there are plenty of cults in the US who would love it but they probably don’t have that kind of money. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 2/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, hoipolloi said:

Huh? The Western Conservatory is Geoffʻs vanity project which never seems to have gotten off the ground despite relentless peddling of videos & books.

Yup, strong "we're legends in our own minds" energy.  The Western Conservatory (Geoff's study) is so pretentious it literally sets my teeth on edge. 

From the text linked by @Black Aliss

In weekly “T.Rex Talks,” Lucas and his brothers sit in a dimly lit studio to discuss America in decay, and how like-minded, God-oriented people can save it. They often reference the end times and urge their viewers to seize control before things get worse.

This is a bit of an eye-opener.  First, I had no idea Lucas was an influencer with any bandwidth at all.  Second, I didn't realize that any of the Botkins embraced End Times theology, unless by "End Times" they are referencing the possibility that Biden may be elected to a second term. 

I'll never listen to T.Rex Talks, but I do wonder what they mean by "sieze control". 

• Upvote 4

On 3/28/2024 at 10:32 PM, hoipolloi said:

Ok guys did anyone notice their property is very close to Duck River? 🤣

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, Howl said:

I'll never listen to T.Rex Talks, but I do wonder what they mean by "sieze control". 

Buy lots of personalized guns. Become sovereign citizens. Ignore the government's normal demands and posture like idiots looking for a stand-off where they think they look like heroes, like those idiots who pooped all over a national park building (?) a couple of years back.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 3/31/2024 at 5:25 AM, Howl said:

This is a bit of an eye-opener.  First, I had no idea Lucas was an influencer with any bandwidth at all.  Second, I didn't realize that any of the Botkins embraced End Times theology, unless by "End Times" they are referencing the possibility that Biden may be elected to a second term. 

I've never listened to any of their podcasts, but "end times" for postmillennial Calvinists looks significantly different than anything out of a Left Behind book. I think this lays out a very tame view of what postmillennialism looks like, compared to the other end times views. I also don't imagine that the hosts of the T. Rex Arms podcast (or the powers that be in Moscow, ID) hold to such a simple, gradual view of postmillennialism. I always got the impression, listening to old VF and Western Conservatory lectures, that they were anticipating a coming collapse of the government, and then Christians (the right kind) would take over and rule and reign until Christ returns.

• Thank You 9