IGNORED

Grandduggar # 3 on the way? Pictures.

luv2laugh

Christ, we do not need more dumb in this thread!

1) Of course the pay crack was sarcasm.

2) I believe the squirrel comment is from the Disney movie Up.

3) Stop fucking HAND SLAPPING!

Yeah! Before it turns into this. :naughty:

J6YOzcsJK8U

And it will. :twisted:

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I've said before I can't do my nails but I do love me the look of a french mani/pedi. To keep this mani/pedi maneuver on topic, what color would look good on the Duggar ladies. I think anything other than pale pink would be to much for the tiny ladies but no clue about the others.

I riffled. :? Don't worry, I mopped it up.

Has a borderline addiction to polish, I'd die if anyone knew how many bottles I really own. I have on a supper sheer pink glitter by OPI that would be nice on them. Unfortunately it's named Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection, far too defrauding and maybe a bit too glittery.

Teenage+Dream+sun.png

So... apparently Consumer Reports tested a bunch of salon gel manicures and found that they all contained harmful chemicals.

Stick to the OPI and Essie, ladies.

1) I am sorry that not everyone can detect sarcasm as easily as you, O Great One.

2) Well, I do not watch Disney movies, so I wouldn't know.

3) I don't really see that as hand slapping. I find most of my points to be relatively valid, and didn't mean to attack or offend anyone.

1) Try paying attention. Why would someone who has been consistently standing up against sexism in this thread suddenly do a 180?

2) I never watched the movie but I do watch T.V. and the trailer had that line in almost every single airing. But that's beside the point. Again, try paying attention. What person who's not a drooling lunatic would suddenly call someone a squirrel?

3) Hand slapping is not attacking or offending people. It's whining "Come ooooooon guys, let's play niiiiiice."

No, meow.

"Painting nails" is the conversation topic of choice in response to idiots and trolls. It means "I refuse to engage in conversation with you". It was directed at reds, not Buzzard.

Oh dear, you seem not to get what was said at all. buzzard originally brought up the nail topic. Reds nail comment was in response to that. and bringing up cake depresses me, since I almost had to go to the ER on Valentines day from choking on a Strawberry from a strawberry shortcake. fine now though. :roll:

As for the woman pay crack, that WAS sarcasm, right? Right?

As for the squirrel comment, are you calling Them a squirrel or what?

Please people, no need to fight here. just drop the subject.

Shall we backtrack? Lets!

"reds" has acknowledged that she is a grown women but she "does not mind being called a girl" and further has said that she would "would love to be a duggar girl at times".

Hence the posts pointing out why so many of us find it objectionable and damaging for women, Duggars or otherwise - to be called - and treated as - children.

We should not "break it up", nor should this subject simply be dropped.

Damn...I havent been in this post in 2 days. What the hell happened :shock:

You have the most outstanding avatar I have seen in a minute. My grandchildren have been defrauded.

Just sayin'

reds doesn't seem to get anything, and so shows a wacky sense of humour and manages to light-heartedly throw everyone off the topic in a way that makes them fond of her by yelling a word randomly, cementing all suspicions of her erudite understanding of the issues in the process.

On to pop culture.. Squirrel is from the movie UP and it was for the comment about how i am a lowly woman and have no attention span! :roll:

"reds" has acknowledged that she is a grown women but she "does not mind being called a girl" and further has said that she would "would love to be a duggar girl at times".

It's worse than that. She actually said she prefers being referred to as a girl. Yikes.

Anyone have a nice kitten picture they'd like to share?

Will this work? It is of a very good friend of ours and bonus, Max looks just like my boy pug.

MVm0fplJ204

On to pop culture.. Squirrel is from the movie UP and it was for the comment about how i am a lowly woman and have no attention span! :roll:

which really was out of line. This feels like the new peanut butter wars. :|

better than wench, hag, whore ore republican.

Gee thanks. You just insulted 1/3 of the folks who read here. Want to bash Christians, Jews or unwed mothers now? How about the folks with special needs to go for a total number of people you can piss off in one night. Get it through your head, we are not a hive vagina, we are not all the same sex, age, race, religion or hold the same beliefs.

better than wench, hag, whore

But not better than woman. A woman is mature; she is strong, capable, and not dependent on anyone. A girl is a child; not as strong, not as capable, and dependent on other for everything.

But not better than woman. A woman is mature; she is strong, capable, and not dependent on anyone. A girl is a child; not as strong, not as capable, and dependent on other for everything.

Not to mention, a woman is the only person who can change 15 diapers, put 4 kids down for a nap, make 4 snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, drive 4 kids to various activities, go to work and still have time to help the kids with homework, all in one day while wearing heels.

Okay, I'm getting a migraine here. too much going on at one time. Peace people, gotta go pull the dog out of the trash can.

My dad was raised in the 30s & 40s, and when he called his secretary "girl" he meant "hot lips" or "sweet tits." He wasn't a monster; this is just how many of his peers seemed to think. It's the same way he'd try to show me he wasn't racist by telling me he thought colored girls could be pretty.

My dad was raised in the 30s & 40s, and when he called his secretary "girl" he meant "hot lips" or "sweet tits." He wasn't a monster; this is just how many of his peers seemed to think. It's the same way he'd try to show me he wasn't racist by telling me he thought colored girls could be pretty.

Make no mistake about it, women are STILL being thought of and openly referred to as "girls" in the workplace.

Is it as prevalent as when your Dad was in business? No. But it's still there to a degree, and like a virus, whenever something is still lurking, there's a decent chance it will flare back up. And it does effect things like equal pay for equal performance and equal opportunity for promotion. So when people like reds who claim to be women say things like "I'd rather be considered a girl!", it pushes buttons and tempers rightfully flare. Many of us have worked hard to be taken as seriously as men in our professions, and this "but I'm really just a girl" shit is both appalling and maddening.

Many of us have worked hard to be taken as seriously as men in our professions, and this "but I'm really just a girl" shit is both appalling and maddening.

I'm currently trying to imagine the reaction a group of men would have if a 35 year old man in that group said, "I prefer to be called a boy. I don't want to grow up."

I'm getting something along the lines of "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" And I somehow don't think people would be as open to asking "what's the big deal?" if the situation were reversed.

I'm currently trying to imagine the reaction a group of men would have if a 35 year old man in that group said, "I prefer to be called a boy. I don't want to grow up."

Kenneth the NBC Page from "30 Rock" is the only man I can hear saying something as bizarre as that. Of course, fans of the show know it's very possible that Kenneth is immortal.

Peter Pan gets a pass because he never did grow up.

Archived