IGNORED

Can People Be Born Homosexual?

debrand

Did jericho address this yet?

The short answer to the question why did God create us? is for His pleasure. Being created for God’s pleasure does not mean humanity was made to entertain God or provide Him with amusement. God is a creative Being, and it gives Him pleasure to create. God is a personal Being, and it gives Him pleasure to have other beings He can have a genuine relationship with.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this forum almost every day. I am not a troll and I don't even mean to stir up trouble. Its just that my opinion on abortion gets under so many people's skin here that it always blows up.

Yeah, I didn't get the impression you were a troll. I think some of your views are wrong and that your logic is confused, but I don't think your intentions are consciously bad or anything like that. I hope you do stick around to say your piece and take others' views into consideration; I think that, in general, that's the best and fastest way to learn and to form beliefs you can genuinely support.

So are you ever going to give your views on homosexuality? Are people born that way? Should gay marriage be legal?

So are you ever going to give your views on homosexuality? Are people born that way? Should gay marriage be legal?

If my view on homosexuality was that of the typical free jinger poster, would you care?

Guest Anonymous

If my view on homosexuality was that of the typical free jinger poster, would you care?

And yet you protest when people call you slimy. You're harder to pin down than a greased eel.

The short answer to the question why did God create us? is for His pleasure. Being created for God’s pleasure does not mean humanity was made to entertain God or provide Him with amusement. God is a creative Being, and it gives Him pleasure to create. God is a personal Being, and it gives Him pleasure to have other beings He can have a genuine relationship with.

So why does He like throwing people into Hell? And why does He like giving people cancer and sending tornadoes?

Why does God need people to worship Him? What happened if everyone stopped believing in God?

Sure. Is it? I like hearing people's views on issues and how they came to have those views. Especially if they, you know, start posting in a topic about a controversial subject.

You chose to post on this thread, right after it started -- yours are the 4th and 6th posts. A slightly later post even implied that we shouldn't assume what you thought.

I guess that made me think you might be interested in the original topic, and I was curious.

You chose to post on this thread, right after it started -- yours are the 4th and 6th posts. A slightly later post even implied that we shouldn't assume what you thought.

I guess that made me think you might be interested in the original topic, and I was curious.

The topic had turned to sin and why God created us. That's what I started commenting about.

So why does He like throwing people into Hell? And why does He like giving people cancer and sending tornadoes?

Why does God need people to worship Him? What happened if everyone stopped believing in God?

A. People go to Hell because of Sin. God in His Holiness cannot look upon sin.

B. God does not give people cancer or create natural disasters. These exist because we live in a fallen world.

C. As I stated earlier, God is a creative being. He didn't need us, but he created us because he delights in creating.

D. If everyone stopped believing in God, the bible says "The rocks will cry out".

No biblical basis here, but I sometimes wonder if a sexual desire for the same sex could be influenced by hormonal factors. Everyone I've mentioned that to has disagreed, so it's probably bunk. I do wonder though...

I think a more interesting question for you to answer is why exactly won't you share your beliefs on homosexuality. Why the refusal? You posted on a thread where is it very clear from the title what it is about and yet, when questioned about that topic, you squirm and wiggle and try and slide your way out. And you can't figure out why people call you slimy. This is why

Thanks for trying, but that doesn't really answer most of the several questions I asked in my massive post.

The topic had turned to sin and why God created us. That's what I started commenting about.

I saw that. But, when you did hint that your opinion about homosexuality might not be what you thought we would assume, it sparked my curiosity.

You are here, you are posting, you are clearly not intimidated by your suspicion that people here will disagree with much of what you say.

I just hoped that, at some point, you might post about that subject, as well as the others on which you have weighed in.

B. God does not give people cancer or create natural disasters. These exist because we live in a fallen world.

C. As I stated earlier, God is a creative being. He didn't need us, but he created us because he delights in creating.

D. If everyone stopped believing in God, the bible says "The rocks will cry out".

Okay, disregard my above post, I didn't see this response before. Can you just answer me this: If God cannot do something, how can he be all-powerful?

A) If God created everything than He had to have created sin, otherwise he didn't create everything.

B) So who does give people cancer? Why do people deserve to die through disease or natural disasters because of something Adam and Eve did, if you believe in that. God has to send these things else he wouldn't be in total control and the Bible says he is omnipotent.

C) So why does He want us to worship Him and get bitter if we don't?

D) What does that mean?

Please answer me this: God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent, right? You believe God created eveything and knows everything. Therefore God had to have created us with the knowledge that we would sin and with the knowledge of what choices we would make. If we can only make one choice than how can we be choosing everything? How can God hold us culpable? And if He is omnibenevolent, why does he send people to Hell? Do you believe that people who never hear of God go to Hell?

As Epicurius put it:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?"

Okay, disregard my above post, I didn't see this response before. Can you just answer me this: If God cannot do something, how can he be all-powerful?

I assume you are asking why can God not look upon sin? The answer is because sin is the absence of good. If you mix evil and good you do not have good anymore. Just as if you mix black paint into white paint.

A) If God created everything than He had to have created sin, otherwise he didn't create everything.

B) So who does give people cancer? Why do people deserve to die through disease or natural disasters because of something Adam and Eve did, if you believe in that. God has to send these things else he wouldn't be in total control and the Bible says he is omnipotent.

C) So why does He want us to worship Him and get bitter if we don't?

D) What does that mean?

Please answer me this: God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent, right? You believe God created eveything and knows everything. Therefore God had to have created us with the knowledge that we would sin and with the knowledge of what choices we would make. If we can only make one choice than how can we be choosing everything? How can God hold us culpable? And if He is omnibenevolent, why does he send people to Hell? Do you believe that people who never hear of God go to Hell?

A. Sin is not a “thing†like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of sin. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good.

B. Cancer (and other bad things) are a result of sin in the world. Sin is the result of our free which God created us with. God did not send sin into the world. To take away the consequences of our free will would be to take away the purpose of our being.

C. God loves us and wants us to be in a right relationship with Him. I don't believe God gets bitter, but it does hurt him when we turn away from Him.

D. The Rocks crying out is an illustration in the Bible that something will always praise God. Even if all humans don't, the rocks would.

No biblical basis here, but I sometimes wonder if a sexual desire for the same sex could be influenced by hormonal factors. Everyone I've mentioned that to has disagreed, so it's probably bunk. I do wonder though...

If you mean in the sense that homosexuality could be caused by a chemical "imbalance" in a person, I think that theory has been pretty well disproved, many times over. But given that the likelihood of a boy being born homosexual goes up by anywhere from 28% to 48%* the more older brothers he has, yeah, there probably is a hormonal factor. In utero. You're still born that way.

*percentages vary by studies done in different countries. One study showed that for each older brother he has, a boy is 33% more likely to be gay. Let us pause for a moment of silence in honor of the youngest Duggar boys who are doomed to live lives of quiet desparation if they don't escape their family.

Why did God create sin?

He didn't. Sin came about through the free will of mankind. With good being the absence of evil, God is eternally separated from sin, which is why we need Jesus who paid the price of sin to restore a relationship with God.

Archived