IGNORED

Can People Be Born Homosexual?

debrand

I don't. They could be wrong for all I know. Your's is based on a very old book full of violence, magic and people coming back to life.

And it is only fair that you answer my question since I am answering yours. What are your views on homosexuality and gay marriage?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't. They could be wrong for all I know. Your's is based on a very old book full of violence, magic and people coming back to life.

And it is only fair that you answer my question since I am answering yours. What are your views on homosexuality and gay marriage?

In this thread, I have been called a Lunatic, Liar, Non-Critical thinker, Troll, Slimy, Stupid, Dim and more, while my views are actually based on something. Yet you have no basis for your views at all and you are viewed as the logical one. I just want to make sure I'm following this correctly.

Honestly, I think it's better to make an educated guess about things like afterlife based on critical thinking and logic, than to take a 2000 year old book, that has been translated thousands of times over and for all we know doesn't even mean what people think it means, seriously. I'm guessing formergothardite has based her beliefs to some extent on crital thinking and the world around her. While fundies just follow their book without question. At least formergothardite is willing to say her beliefs could be totally wrong. Fundies won't even allow for that.

ETA: I'm agnostic if you care to know. I don't think there is a god, base on what I see happening in the world around me. And if there is, it isn't this great loving father Christians think it is. But I don't know for sure, which is the beauty of agnosticism. You don't have to pretend to have all the answers.

Honestly, I think it's better to make an educated guess about things like afterlife based on critical thinking and logic, than to take a 2000 year old book, that has been translated thousands of times over and for all we know doesn't even mean what people think it means, seriously. I'm guessing formergothardite has based her beliefs to some extent on crital thinking and the world around her. While fundies just follow their book without question. At least formergothardite is willing to say her beliefs could be totally wrong. Fundies won't even allow for that.

Okay, critical thinking and logic on what? It has to be based on something.

Based on the world around us. Logically the stereotypical Christian god cannot coexist with the world as it is.

Why not? What logical things in the World around us can not coexist with God?

In this thread, I have been called a Lunatic, Liar, Non-Critical thinker, Troll, Slimy, Stupid, Dim and more, while my views are actually based on something. Yet you have no basis for your views at all and you are viewed as the logical one. I just want to make sure I'm following this correctly.

Would I make more sense if I said my beliefs are based on a book of fairy tales? Because that is pretty much what yours are based on.

Any way, you are called all those names partly because you refuse to answer questions.

I think everyone should just follow Jericho around and refuse to answer any of his questions until she tells her views on homosexuality and gay marriage. Why all the trying to sip out of answering.

Why not? What logical things in the World around us can not coexist with God?

Evil. Plain and simple. If evil exists, God had a hand in it, and when he's not stopping it he cannot be omnibenevolent. You can try to spin it any way you want, but the only logical conclusion is that God helped create evil and now refuses to stop it.

So I've answered some of your questions. I've not been rude to you. Will you share your views on homosexuality?

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and the non-answering of questions. I just thought I would repost this from wtfrenchtoast for Jericho and ask zie to respond to it or refute it:

As Epicurius put it:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?"

A pipe dream, I know, but there you go.

And my beliefs are based on eggs. One day, I looked at a box of eggs and became an atheist. There, now my lack of beliefs are based on something, eggs.

Would I make more sense if I said my beliefs are based on a book of fairy tales? Because that is pretty much what yours are based on.

Any way, you are called all those names because you refuse to answer questions.

If your book of fairy tales claimed to be the Word of God and had historical evidence from thousands of years to back up that what was in it really happened, then I might give it some credibility.

Are we seriously going to get into the "earth is 6000" years old argument? Because I'd really appreciate if we could get back to the topic of homosexuality. We can start with your views, Jericho.

Naw, formergothardite, don't you get it? YOU are here to answer IT'S questions. It doesn't have to answer yours. *rolling eyes*

After all, what right do you have to question it? It's here to discern your spiritual condition and increase its own frankly ridiculous amount of pride. Whereas you are just going to be all sensible and shit.

If your book of fairy tales claimed to be the Word of God and had historical evidence from thousands of years to back up that what was in it really happened, then I might give it some credibility.

What are your views on homosexuality?

I think everyone should just follow Jericho around and refuse to answer any of his questions until she tells her views on homosexuality and gay marriage. Why all the trying to sip out of answering.

It's funny that I keep getting accused of being a slimeball and not answering all the questions. I am one person who is getting bombarded with comments by everyone else on this thread. The one main question I have not answered is about homosexuality. So I'll put it very simply. My view is the biblical view. Read the Bible, that's what I believe. Ask me anything else, I'll simply tell you to read what the Bible says. I'm not going to get into a long debate.

It's funny that I keep getting accused of being a slimeball and not answering all the questions. I am one person who is getting bombarded with comments by everyone else on this thread. The one main question I have not answered is about homosexuality. So I'll put it very simply. My view is the biblical view. Read the Bible, that's what I believe. Ask me anything else, I'll simply tell you to read what the Bible says. I'm not going to get into a long debate.

There is a lot of debate on what the Bible has to say about homosexuality. So we still don't know what you believe. Spell out what your interpretation of the Bible says about homosexuality. I know plenty of gay Christians who don't think the Bible is against it. And that still doesn't apply to gay marriage. I'm assuming since you are pro small government you are for it.

Do you think we should legislate laws regarding homosexuals based on your belief that it's an abomination? I don't care if you think it's wrong, as long as you keep those beliefs out of government.

And my above post kind of points out another big problem with God and the Bible. It is open to a huge amount of interpretation. God must of not been too bright if he couldn't put together a clear manual for his followers. Is that another thing he didn't think of when he was busy being all love sick?

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and the non-answering of questions. I just thought I would repost this from wtfrenchtoast for Jericho and ask zie to respond to it or refute it:

A pipe dream, I know, but there you go.

And my beliefs are based on eggs. One day, I looked at a box of eggs and became an atheist. There, now my lack of beliefs are based on something, eggs.

So... I asked my goddess about your eggs, and She says they're wrong, and were probably inspired by the great ebil that must not be named. It also says so in our scriptures. See, we have a book too. You can read all about why your lack of belief is wrong in our book. Our book is the ONLY right one. All true! And: It's totally written in 15th century Danish (the language of Goddess), which is why it's true, and true followers eschew modern Danish versions. Translations to Norvegian are particularly wrong. Besides an explanation for everything, there's also an awesome cup-cake recipe at the end! All you have to do to be saved, is to accept that She never intended eggs to be eaten, but that they're baby-birds. (Plus, send me money.) :twisted:

Jericho, I would really like to know the answer to what wtfrenchtoast wrote in the quote above, too!

You better go back and look again. From what I see, the first reference to the other thread on abortion on this thread was from formergothardite.

Reading comprehension much? FG was referring to your idiotic statement about how all of society's ills could be solved if we privatized welfare. :roll: You really are fucking stupid, aren't you? When you try to correct someone from that high horse you're riding on, try not to be absolutely and verifiably wrong.

In this thread, I have been called a Lunatic, Liar, Non-Critical thinker, Troll, Slimy, Stupid, Dim and more, while my views are actually based on something.

You called yourself a lunatic, twit.

Guest Anonymous

Why don't you believe in Asa Tru and the Norse Pantheon of Gods? They have an oral tradition that stretches back thousands of years.

The Greek Gods and Goddesses have been worshipped since before Jesus walked the earth.

Why aren't you Jewish? Jewish law predates Jesus and according to the Jews, he isn't the messiah they're waiting on.

Islam claims that the Qu'ran is the word of God. There's historical events in there. Do you think they're just as right as you are?

What about the Book of Mormon? Do you find that totally credible by your standards?

That's because I don't play God.

You do play God when it comes to abortion. In fact, you think that your views supercede those of God's, if you consider the Old Testament a testimony of God.

It's okay to say you don't understand. I believe in God and I don't understand why bad things happen. In fact, I agree with you that we were probably created for the sheer joy of creation. After all, the Tanakh compares God to a parent, and I had children ultimately for the joy of creating and cultivating life. I believe that God is a loving parent, one who allows life to batter and bruise us at times, but one that will make it all good in the end. That's why I don't believe in Hell, by the way. The only way this horrible life makes sense is if there is something better in store for every single person God has created. I don't know what happens after we die, but I believe that God has plans for good and not for evil, to give us a future and a hope.

To me, this means that we should look at other people as brothers and sisters. We have a duty to keep dangerous people away from the general population, but all other behavior is none of my business. God made me the way I am; he loves my strengths, quirks and flaws the same way I love those of my children. I believe that He made all people with a need for love and companionship and family, including gay people, and that we commit great evil when we make people choose between their God-given nature and their God-given needs.

And I believe He wants me to play nicely with my siblings here on Earth and this includes not being their overlord and judge in matters that do not concern me.

Jericho, I would really like to know the answer to what wtfrenchtoast wrote in the quote above, too!

"Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent."

Really? Is there no other explanation than God has ill-will on us because he won't do anything about evil? Does a parent protect their child from every bad thing in life. Or do they let the child go through some tough situations so they can learn from it? Maybe its not the best thing for us to shield us from everything bad?

Really? Is there no other explanation than God has ill-will on us because he won't do anything about evil? Does a parent protect their child from every bad thing in life. Or do they let the child go through some tough situations so they can learn from it? Maybe its not the best thing for us to shield us from everything bad?

If you believe in Hell, then you believe that even a small mistake can subject the "child" to an eternity of pain. So, if Hell exists, then God is basically letting his babies play in traffic.

"Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent."

What was my mother supposed to learn from the cancer that killed her? God's way of saying: next time you go through menopause, don't take drugs that aren't sufficiently tested? Now, I don't know your god, but mine wouldn't be so crass. Oh, wait, sorry, she was a Buddhist, and that's probably a sin. Got my explanation.

Archived