IGNORED

Can People Be Born Homosexual?

debrand

If you believe that God is omnipotent and omniscient, then he absolutely created sin whether directly or indirectly. And, as someone else pointed out, he created trillions of creatures with the plan to damn them. Nice guy!

God didn’t create the world primarily for our benefit, he did it for his glory. He created a world that would display his glory most fully and most perfectly. That is to say, every aspect of God’s character could be shown in its most extreme form. If God had created a world in which no one sinned, what aspects of his character could he have shown? His creative power, his loving-kindness, his provision for his people. But what about his mercy? Or his justice? Or his wrath? And would we have seen even his creative power to its fullest extent if there had been no death and therefore no resurrection?

Furthermore, in this self-sacrifice God demonstrates the perfection of His holiness, the sinfulness of sin, the proof of God's righteousness, the victory over the evil one, and the guarantee of the saved with whom He can shed His love and glory forever. In this, God is glorified.

We could come up with a variety of possible reasons why God made people knowing they would sin and we probably can never fully answer this. But, knowing that they would sin is no reason that God shouldn't make them, especially if His plan includes the acts of sinners so that others would be redeemed.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. You haven't read my posts correctly. I want government out of the welfare business so it can be privatized and not abused. I am not for putting women in prison for abortion, only their doctors.

This is what you said:

"The only similarity of drowning an 11 year old and what you did is that I would consider them both murder. Not the same form of murder, but murder none the less. If abortion was illegal I would constitute your situation with murder charges. There, you got me to say it,"

So do you think people who commit murder should not go to prison?

This is what you said:

"The only similarity of drowning an 11 year old and what you did is that I would consider them both murder. Not the same form of murder, but murder none the less. If abortion was illegal I would constitute your situation with murder charges. There, you got me to say it,"

So do you think people who commit murder should not go to prison?

Who did the murder, the mother or the doctor?

Isn't that kind of like asking a Democrat if Obama has done a good job?

There are plenty of Democrats who don't think he has done a good job. I will let people read and come to their own opinion. As shocking as this is, there isn't a hive vagina here. There are even people who don't think our patron saint Alan Rickman is hot. :shock: :o

God didn’t create the world primarily for our benefit, he did it for his glory. He created a world that would display his glory most fully and most perfectly. That is to say, every aspect of God’s character could be shown in its most extreme form. If God had created a world in which no one sinned, what aspects of his character could he have shown? His creative power, his loving-kindness, his provision for his people. But what about his mercy? Or his justice? Or his wrath? And would we have seen even his creative power to its fullest extent if there had been no death and therefore no resurrection?

Furthermore, in this self-sacrifice God demonstrates the perfection of His holiness, the sinfulness of sin, the proof of God's righteousness, the victory over the evil one, and the guarantee of the saved with whom He can shed His love and glory forever. In this, God is glorified.

We could come up with a variety of possible reasons why God made people knowing they would sin and we probably can never fully answer this. But, knowing that they would sin is no reason that God shouldn't make them, especially if His plan includes the acts of sinners so that others would be redeemed.

Don't you think that this makes god pretty egotistical? He creates intelligent creatures knowing that a good percentage of them will suffer eternal torture so that he can showcase his greatness. I"ve never understood who this god was trying to impress unless he just wants to show off his goodness to himself.

There are plenty of Democrats who don't think he has done a good job. I will let people read and come to their own opinion. As shocking as this is, there isn't a hive vagina here. There are even people who don't think our patron saint Alan Rickman is hot. :shock: :o

He used to be, now he's just old.

Nope. You haven't read my posts correctly. I want government out of the welfare business so it can be privatized and not abused. I am not for putting women in prison for abortion, only their doctors.

Like private charities have never been corrupted? even religious ones are corrupted. Because it is the people running them become corrupt not the government or non government.

Don't you think that this makes god pretty egotistical? He creates intelligent creatures knowing that a good percentage of them will suffer eternal torture so that he can showcase his greatness. I"ve never understood who this god was trying to impress unless he just wants to show off his goodness to himself.

Ether god like to show himself off and needed humans to show off too or it is more of the zoo theory. where we are all in gods zoo and if we acknowledge him he will feed us and clean our cage. Ether one is such a human thing and not a god thing.

Is a fetus a child? If a fetus is a human being, then this would be a case of a mother paying someone to murder their child. Do you think parents who hire people to murder their children should go free or go to jail?

Also, history has shown that your private charity idea doesn't work.

Like private charities have never been corrupted? even religious ones are corrupted. Because it is the people running them become corrupt not the government or non government.

The government's job should be to protect us from those abuses, not enabling them.

Is a fetus a child? If a fetus is a human being, then this would be a case of a mother paying someone to murder their child. Do you think parents who hire people to murder their children should go free or go to jail?

Also, history has shown that your private charity idea doesn't work.

History has shown that the government charity works less. Look at our national debt, and all the lobbyists who cry foul and "unamerican" if a congressman refuses to fund them.

Isn't that kind of like asking a Democrat if Obama has done a good job?

This is hilarious. Quite possibly the stupidest thing comment I've seen in a while, and that's saying something.

History has shown that the government charity works less. Look at our national debt, and all the lobbyists who cry foul and "unamerican" if a congressman refuses to fund them.

Oh is our military-industrial complex a charity now? I agree it often works out that way for Halliburton, Monsanto, etc. but, seriously, dude. Enough with the handwaving. "History has shown" my Aunt Fanny. You certainly are a slow learner if you think you can baldly assert something like that while formergothardite and emmiedahl are on the case.

Did you miss the first part of the post? Is a fetus a child? If so, should people who hire others to murder their children be allowed to roam free and possibly do it again?

And can you please show me at least a decade in American history where private charities took care of the poor better than the government does now?

I didn't know who Alan Rickman was until someone mentioned him here. The only movie I've seen with him in it was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and he was the voice of the robot. :lol:

Oh, and I'm a Democrat and I don't think Obama has done the bestest job ever. I think he's done pretty good, but I don't like everything he has done.

Did you miss the first part of the post? Is a fetus a child? If so, should people who hire others to murder their children be allowed to roam free and possibly do it again?

And can you please show me at least a decade in American history where private charities took care of the poor better than the government does now?

I believe in compassion for a mother who has had an abortion. She should be aware that what she did was against the law, and the doctor and medical staff who are "professionals" should definitely be put in jail.

I believe in compassion for a mother who has had an abortion. She should be aware that what she did was against the law, and the doctor and medical staff who are "professionals" should definitely be put in jail.

Do you believe in compassion for a mother who hires someone to kill her 2 year old?

That's the problem with your analogy. There is no time like the time we are living in. We have had government taking care of poverty for the better part of a century now and the problems get worse and worse while the handouts get bigger and bigger. More people are relying on government assistance than ever and are used to living that way. If you can't see there is a large percentage of families taking a government handout with no intention of using it to get back on their feet, then you have to be blind. We need to seriously cut back on government assistance and completely reassess who gets it and how its given.

Poverty is not like it used to be, so I think government aid has been successful. Consider a poor person in Dickensian times versus my family now. My family is eating, we have a safe home with electricity and running water. We live what would have been a very luxurious life just a century ago. That is the result of government assistance.

And the national debt was not caused by government aid to individuals. Jericho, you need to turn off Sean Hannity and read a little.

So if I hired someone to kill my two children tonight, you would just pat me on the head, give me a hug and send me on my way?

That's the problem with your analogy. There is no time like the time we are living in. We have had government taking care of poverty for the better part of a century now and the problems get worse and worse while the handouts get bigger and bigger. More people are relying on government assistance than ever and are used to living that way. If you can't see there is a large percentage of families taking a government handout with no intention of using it to get back on their feet, then you have to be blind. We need to seriously cut back on government assistance and completely reassess who gets it and how its given.

Your problem is that either you can't see or don't care that poor are living in better conditions than they have in any other time in history.

Your problem is that either you can't see or don't care that poor are living in better conditions than they have in any other time in history.

Or he's pissed off that the poor aren't being punished for their poverty with death and starvation. After all, Jesus never would have fed the hungry or healed the sick unless they could afford it right?

Another thing you can't just assume is true. When AFDC was replaced by time-limited TANF benefits under Clinton, the welfare rolls shrank dramatically. (Also thanks to a good economy). There has been an uptick since the recession but I'd be surprised if we are at an all-time high in the number of welfare recipients. Also, do you have any idea what percentage of the US budget goes toward welfare and social programs?

Archived