IGNORED

Can People Be Born Homosexual?

debrand

After her not-answer, I am sure now it is 2 and 3. She gave the vague "I believe the Bible" answer, which really isn't an answer. Unless she is so sheltered she doesn't realize that there isn't a cut and dry answer about homosexuality in the bible. It is open to debate, so the real question (that she will never answer I am sure) is what does she believe the bible says about homosexuality. I think she just doesn't want to fess up to her own offensive beliefs

But Jericho saying she doesn't want to debate it shows that she also knows that her beliefs are going to be ripped to shreds and she can't defend them. Especially since I bet she is against gay marriage which flies in the face of her small government beliefs.

So Jericho, what do you believe the Bible says about homosexuality, and why in the world did God make the Bible so open to interpretation?

You may take this as a cop out, but honestly its not. I don't want to get into my beliefs on homosexuality at this time. People are upset that I don't get around to answering questions about other issues so why start another big one? I am busy with Christmas stuff and work but I have continued to come here the past couple days and spend time I don't really have, trying to stay up to date with this forum. I never meant for this thread, or any other, to become all about me. I would rather just share opinions with the group, but it seems like every time I comment on a thread, it turns into a big debate. Maybe its me, but I honestly don't try to make it that way. I have a lot to do today, so this will probably be my last post today. Merry Christmas.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the reason all your opinions turn into debates is because they are very offfensive and so far haven't seemed to be based on reality or even make a lot of sense. I guess the abortion debate is based on your version of reality, but the debate about it on this thread is because you switched beliefs and made your abortion stance pointless.

And it is rather silly to post in a thread about a subject and then refuse to give a clear answer to your opinion on said subject.

I have a lot to do today, so this will probably be my last post today. Merry Christmas.

Translation: [attachment=0]flounce.jpg[/attachment]

Oh jericho will be back and will expect people to act like none of these threads ever happened.

I'll answer the question, people can be born homosexual and even if the Bible did say it was bad (not sure it really does) we have to realize the Bible has been written and put together by a bunch of fallible humans who probably stuck the stuff in there that matched their opinions and left out the stuff that didn't.

It's kind of amusing that so many people feel threatened by me.

No one has expressed any fear of you so I'm puzzled why you think anyone would be threatened by you.

No one has expressed any fear of you so I'm puzzled why you think anyone would be threatened by you.

Why else would people go to such great lengths to discredit me views, call me names, and even make joke Photoshop captions? If I am such a loser or (fill in the blank) why do you care what I think? Am I a threat to this forum or something?

Guest Anonymous
Why else would people go to such great lengths to discredit me views, call me names, and even make joke Photoshop captions? If I am such a loser or (fill in the blank) why do you care what I think? Am I a threat to this forum or something?

Oh honey. No.

ETA: You discredit your views because they're an illogical mess and you can't string together a coherent thought. People are batting you around like a cat toy because you're acting stupid on the internet. Hope that clears up your confusion and/or delusion of relevance.

I thought you left? Anyway, this forum spends lots of time mocking people who believe offensive/silly things that they can't even defend. And it is amusing to watch the people who try and wiggle out of answering questions. You aren't a threat, you are a source of entertainment.

Jericho, I'm going to nominate you for the fundie who spends more posts trying to not answer questions then they do actually answering them.

Oh honey. No.

ETA: You discredit your views because they're an illogical mess and you can't string together a coherent thought. People are batting you around like a cat toy because you're acting stupid on the internet. Hope that clears up your confusion and/or delusion of relevance.

Honey? Oh you must be a southern Belle. LOL.

Jericho, I'm going to nominate you for the fundie who spends more posts trying to not answer questions then they do actually answering them.

Maybe I should just say this is what I believe but I have no basis for it, like you.

Maybe I should just say this is what I believe but I have no basis for it, like you.

But that would be lying since you do base your beliefs on something. I'll totally own up to basing my beliefs on what I feel by seeing the world around me, that I could be wrong, and that my belief system isn't for everyone.

Plus your beliefs are bases on a book that is so confusing that followers of it can't even get together and agree what it really means. So you really aren't basing your beliefs on much of anything.

So what about gay marriage, Jericho. For it or against it? And what do you think the Bible says about homosexuality. And why did God make the Bible so confusing? Does he just like to screw with people?

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and the non-answering of questions. I just thought I would repost this from wtfrenchtoast for Jericho and ask zie to respond to it or refute it:

A pipe dream, I know, but there you go.

And my beliefs are based on eggs. One day, I looked at a box of eggs and became an atheist. There, now my lack of beliefs are based on something, eggs.

Not trying to be whingey but that was my post originally.

Anyone interested in my religious background: my mother was raised C of E but more because it was the 'done' thing than because people in her family actually believed in it. My father was raised a very, very strict Catholic and eventually left the church at about eighteen because he decided none of it made any sense. I guess he'd identify himself as a very lapsed Catholic as he does have a kind of belief in God and still holds up a lot of the values he was taught. I was raised Agnostic, went to a C of E primary school (but that is the norm for most primary schools in Britain and you don't have to believe in God to go to one) and had a childish faith in God until I got to the age of about fourteen, where I started questioning it a lot and realised that I disliked a lot of things about Christianity. I had a belief in some kind of higher power which diminished a lot through my teenage years and then I studied Philosophy of Religion and Ethics at A Level and through studying a lot of arguments for and against the existence of God and souls decided that none of it made any sense. Not the kind of God prescribed in Christianity anyway. Nowadays I tend to call myself an agnostic but I think I'm leaning much more towards atheism. It seems to me that people have used the idea of God as a way to explain the existence of the world before we understood science and as to why there is so much evil. I don't see why Christianity should be any more believable than, say, belief in the Greek gods. I don't know why people really want to worship a god that throws you into Hell if you don't follow the rulebook.

I would protect my small children from beign raped and tortured because there is nothing to learn from that that they can't learn another way. I must love my children more than God loves his.

Since Jericho is smart enough to realize he can't defend his beliefs on homosexuality, perhaps we can go back to God. Why does God let babies be born in extreme poverty just to live short lives on non-stop pain and suffering? What can a baby learn from that? Most loving parents don't let stuff like that happen to their children if they can stop it. Either God can't stop it or he won't and if he willing allows children to die slow, painful deaths, then he isn't good.

I've got another question for jericho. He/she says that God can't look upon sin, so how about the fact that God burns down the city of Gomorrah, smashes babies' heads against rocks and says it's okay to rape women if they're outside a city boundary. And before you argue that that's all in the OT, it's meant to be the SAME God the whole way through. Jesus might say not to do all that stuff but it didn't change the fact that God did it first of all, and I assume you take the Bible literally, as you mention the rocks 'crying out'.

Jericho is apparently confused about her beliefs. I found where she originally said that not just doctors should be held responsible for abortion. Her words are:

A. I know this is the question that abortion rights people use to try and trap up pro-lifers, but the answer must be one of tough love. I believe the woman and the doctor should be held to the same laws as murder. If not then the whole argument for life is invalid.

This is totally different than what she is saying in this thread, where you punish the doctor but just show the women compassion. Either jericho is a troll, confused, or just an idiot.

I am just now catching up on this (while I eat my lunch). And yes, as I recall wasn't Jericho one of the ones I pushed until she admitted she wanted jail time?

I am just now catching up on this (while I eat my lunch). And yes, as I recall wasn't Jericho one of the ones I pushed until she admitted she wanted jail time?

Yes it is. She changed her mind, but then couldn't support her anti-abortion

claims, so she is back to sending women who had abortions to jail.

I just got to the point when all your FJians decided to put me in jail.

:) I love ya'll!

I wonder if Jericho changed her mind because I said something like /...yeah two years in jail that will learn me...oh wait no it won't.

Archived