IGNORED

Can People Be Born Homosexual?

debrand

Why did God create sin?

Because he wanted people to suffer? That would make God a sadistic little dictator who makes Kim Jong Il and Saddam Hussein look like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny in comparison.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't. Sin came about through the free will of mankind. With good being the absence of evil, God is eternally separated from sin, which is why we need Jesus who paid the price of sin to restore a relationship with God.

So God didn't create everything in the world and if God is really all powerful, why not figure out a way to get rid of it?

And what are your views on homosexuality. You might as well give in a answer because I will never quit asking no matter how many times you try and not answer.

He didn't. Sin came about through the free will of mankind. With good being the absence of evil, God is eternally separated from sin, which is why we need Jesus who paid the price of sin to restore a relationship with God.

But you're not answering how we can be responsible for it if God created us with the KNOWLEDGE of what we would do with it. If God created humans without knowing that they would sin then he wouldn't be omniscient.

ETA: Thanks wtfrenchtoast :mrgreen: I picked it up when I studied Philosophy of Religion and thought it was pretty good!

Right, I get what sin is. My question, is why God cannot look upon it. Even if you say good and evil can't mix, why can't God wash away all sin simply by "looking upon" a sinner? If he truly is omnipotent, he could do anything he wanted.

Basically, I have yet to hear a logical way that God can be omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent. It is not possible. Not with the way the world is.

Guest Anonymous

Informal poll - Is jericho refusing to state her opinion about gay people because:

1.) She's trolling us.

2.) She's afraid it will be deconstructed and exposed as an illogical mess.

3.) She really wants to say that gay people are going to burn in hell but she has just enough self awareness to know that's awful and worthy of derision.

4.) She's so wishy washy that she doesn't even have an opinion/she's never actually thought about that.

5.) Other, fill in the blank.

Informal poll - Is jericho refusing to state her opinion about gay people because:

1.) She's trolling us.

2.) She's afraid it will be deconstructed and exposed as an illogical mess.

3.) She really wants to say that gay people are going to burn in hell but she has just enough self awareness to know that's awful and worthy of derision.

4.) She's so wishy washy that she doesn't even have an opinion/she's never actually thought about that.

5.) Other, fill in the blank.

I think it is a combination of 2 and 3.

But you're not answering how we can be responsible for it if God created us with the KNOWLEDGE of what we would do with it. If God created humans without knowing that they would sin then he wouldn't be omniscient.

ETA: Thanks wtfrenchtoast :mrgreen: I picked it up when I studied Philosophy of Religion and thought it was pretty good!

God's love for us must have been more important than the knowledge He had of sin.

I don't really understand what you're saying. God loved us so much He didn't think so much about the sin part? Why did he bother giving us the ability to sin if it meant He'd have to put us in a fallen world?

Jericho wrote:

God didn’t create the world primarily for our benefit, he did it for his glory.

Boy, God is one fucked up, arrogant, self-serving, self-centered egotistical bastard, if he created a world solely for *his* benefit, to showcase *his* "glory." But what's even sadder is that you fully espouse this dysfunctional myth. Critical thinking, much?

To answer the question: Yes, people can be born homosexual.

To repeat something I learned in school, during an initiative to improve self-esteem (6-8th grade, I believe): God doesn't make junk. And since we are to believe that we all are made in his Image, I don't see how one (who believes that) can think otherwise?

So, yes, this lifelong Catholic believes that people born with homosexual orientations/preferences (I don't know what the right word is here) can be (probably are, in my opinion) born that way. At least, that's how I understand the stories of my friends to be. I don't think that any of them "chose" to be homosexual.

Except, as one of my college friends once said, "I do it for the wardrobe. How many other people can share a closet with a mate who also wears bowties and suspenders?"

:)

God's love for us must have been more important than the knowledge He had of sin.

So God was like a teenage girl and was so blinded by love he didn't think of the all important sin thing? Doesn't sound all powerful and smart to me.

So what are your views on homosexuality?

I don't really understand what you're saying. God loved us so much He didn't think so much about the sin part? Why did he bother giving us the ability to sin if it meant He'd have to put us in a fallen world?

If we didn't have the ability to sin, we would be no different than an inadament object with no thinking or reasoning ability. God created us for His own reasons, I can only speculate.

That's because I don't play God.

No, you just make your God look really, really bad. Not only is he like a flighty love sick teen who can't think things through, his followers, apparently, can't answer basic questions about their beliefs.

No, you just make your God look really, really bad. Not only is he like a flighty love sick teen who can't think things through, his followers, apparently, can't answer basic questions about their beliefs.

What religious believe to you subscribe to?

If we didn't have the ability to sin, we would be no different than an inadament object with no thinking or reasoning ability. God created us for His own reasons, I can only speculate.

But you're not explaining how God's omniscience is compatible with free will. If God knows everything, He had to know humans would sin, and He created that, He must be held accountable. If He knows all of people's choices ahead of time how we any different from robots?

Do you believe that there is free will in Heaven? Do you believe that someone who hasn't heard of God can go to Heaven?

If there is a God, everybody goes to heaven. And I'll totally own up to it not being based on the bible or anything else. I don't think anyone knows the truth about the afterlife until they die. And I don't think people need to believe in God to have good morals.

Now that I have answered yours, please share your views on homosexuality.

Jericho wrote:

A. People go to Hell because of Sin. God in His Holiness cannot look upon sin.

Why not? He created the sin indirectly at least, so he damned well better have the balls to "look upon it." Could it be that he made a ... ohhhh noooo ... MISTAKE?? Mr. Pompous "I AM Perfection" Pretend-Person (whose ass you kiss daily) made a mistake, whaddya know?

B. God does not give people cancer or create natural disasters.

How do you know? He's perfect and omnipotent, right? That means he could make these things *not* happen. If he won't, it's either because he can't or because he's a bastard. And either way, he is not the God you espouse if either of those things are true.

C. As I stated earlier, God is a creative being. He didn't need us, but he created us because he delights in creating.

Oooh, for his glory, like a personal plaything? Just what I always wanted, to be an egotistical asshole's "plaything."

D. If everyone stopped believing in God, the bible says "The rocks will cry out".

Honey, there isn't any such thing as having "everyone" stop believing in God. Why? Because most people on this planet don't believe in God in the first place and NEVER HAVE. Try working THAT fact into your unfortunate mythology and see where you come out.

I read this forum almost every day. I am not a troll and I don't even mean to stir up trouble. Its just that my opinion on abortion gets under so many people's skin here that it always blows up.

Um, princess? YOU are the one who brought up abortion on this thread. I even went back to double check. If you "don't even mean to stir up trouble," then why the fuck did you bring up abortion on a thread about homosexuality?

Lunatic and liar. I think they're both spot on.

RE: Lissar's poll. The trolling troll is trolling us.

Well I will own up to derailing the thread by reminding people they are speaking to a person who has whacked out beliefs, but I didn't mention abortion.

Um, princess? YOU are the one who brought up abortion on this thread. I even went back to double check. If you "don't even mean to stir up trouble," then why the fuck did you bring up abortion on a thread about homosexuality?

Lunatic and liar. I think they're both spot on.

RE: Lissar's poll. The trolling troll is trolling us.

You better go back and look again. From what I see, the first reference to the other thread on abortion on this thread was from formergothardite.

You better go back and look again. From what I see, the first reference to the other thread on abortion on this thread was from formergothardite.

No I just mentioned you wanting to send poor single mothers and their children back to the early 1900's. You mentioned being pro-life and small government.

If there is a God, everybody goes to heaven. And I'll totally own up to it not being based on the bible or anything else. I don't think anyone knows the truth about the afterlife until they die. And I don't think people need to believe in God to have good morals.

Now that I have answered yours, please share your views on homosexuality.

So if you're beliefs are not based on anything, what makes you think they are true?

Archived