IGNORED

Can People Be Born Homosexual?

debrand

A. People go to Hell because of Sin. God in His Holiness cannot look upon sin.

B. God does not give people cancer or create natural disasters. These exist because we live in a fallen world.

C. As I stated earlier, God is a creative being. He didn't need us, but he created us because he delights in creating.

D. If everyone stopped believing in God, the bible says "The rocks will cry out".

I haven't ever seen basis that disease and natural disasters are being we live in a fallen world (which i think means we sin).

For example, cancer is caused by DNA changes, some of these are do to the actual DNA you are born with. Are you saying SIN imprints our DNA before we are born? And sin causes DNA changes?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't ever seen basis that disease and natural disasters are being we live in a fallen world (which i think means we sin).

For example, cancer is caused by DNA changes, some of these are do to the actual DNA you are born with. Are you saying SIN imprints our DNA before we are born? And sin causes DNA changes?

If disease is caused by living in a fallen world, isn't it wrong for doctors to try to cure cancer or AIDS?

A. Sin is not a “thing†like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of sin. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good.

B. Cancer (and other bad things) are a result of sin in the world. Sin is the result of our free which God created us with. God did not send sin into the world. To take away the consequences of our free will would be to take away the purpose of our being.

C. God loves us and wants us to be in a right relationship with Him. I don't believe God gets bitter, but it does hurt him when we turn away from Him.

D. The Rocks crying out is an illustration in the Bible that something will always praise God. Even if all humans don't, the rocks would.

Oh this makes me feel better! I have lots of good...so I am not sinful!

What religious believe to you subscribe to?

You didn't direct this to me...but I will answer anyhow because I agree with formergothardite, you make your God look like crap.

My beliefs are similar to deism, although I do not and haven't ever truly believed in an after life. Of all the bad things religion has given us this is the one that seems to do the most harm in subjugating people and keeping people in bad situations here. I understand many people find the idea of no after life depressing, but for me it has empowered me to make every moment count because they are the only moments I have.

I do not believe in an omnipotent and or omnipresent God. If it is a God, he may not even know about us.

Again, I find this personally comforting because it empowers us as humans do to good to those around us.

In this thread, I have been called a Lunatic, Liar, Non-Critical thinker, Troll, Slimy, Stupid, Dim and more, while my views are actually based on something. Yet you have no basis for your views at all and you are viewed as the logical one. I just want to make sure I'm following this correctly.

I don't have to have a book written by men outside of this age to tell me to be good and play nice. It benefits me most to do it which is probably the real reason I do...even if I want to claim it is because I am so great.

The idea is that sin is sort of a butterfly effect. The world and everything in it was created perfect but, once sin came into the world, it disrupted everything. Since one little bit of imperfection means it was no longer perfect, then it effected everything including our physical bodies and the natural world (for instance, there were no thorns, no rain, no eating meat, etc pre-fall, and presumably no disease and death). So, our physical bodies were corrupted, including our DNA, along with everything else in the world. Assuming it could crew up our inborn natures/conscience from/before birth (I've heard people argue that babies have a "Sin nature" in the womb, not sure I agree with that), then it's not a big stretch saying the physical effects start then too.

Also, disease is one of those things included in the curse. Some people are all "God lied, they didn't die as soon as they ate the apple", but the way I've usually heard it explained is that the death mentioned was the beginning of aging, illness and murder, as well as spiritual death.

Josh Jericho does not recognize logic as a legitimate way of forming opinions, so there is really no use talking to him. Just pray he does not vote! Luckily, being illogical turns off people of average (or above) intelligence, so he won't be able to spread his views outside of his own inbred circle.

And the creation story regarding the Garden does not mention any sin, I don't know where Christians get their theology but it ain't the Bible.

I still don't feel I'm getting a satisfactory answer to God's omniscience and sin: people are arguing that sin is a human creation. Okay, but God created humans and if he knows everything, he had to know that they would sin and what effect sin would have on the world, else he wouldn't be omniscient.

The idea is that sin is sort of a butterfly effect. The world and everything in it was created perfect but, once sin came into the world, it disrupted everything. Since one little bit of imperfection means it was no longer perfect, then it effected everything including our physical bodies and the natural world (for instance, there were no thorns, no rain, no eating meat, etc pre-fall, and presumably no disease and death). So, our physical bodies were corrupted, including our DNA, along with everything else in the world. Assuming it could crew up our inborn natures/conscience from/before birth (I've heard people argue that babies have a "Sin nature" in the womb, not sure I agree with that), then it's not a big stretch saying the physical effects start then too.

Also, disease is one of those things included in the curse. Some people are all "God lied, they didn't die as soon as they ate the apple", but the way I've usually heard it explained is that the death mentioned was the beginning of aging, illness and murder, as well as spiritual death.

Meh, still isn't any basis for sin causing disease. It is a story like any other story made to explains things we can't / don't understand.

(snip).

And the creation story regarding the Garden does not mention any sin, I don't know where Christians get their theology but it ain't the Bible.

Daaahling, how daft to think that us Christians* get our theology from the Bible! That's what celibate men in fancy dress are for*! :twisted:

* Apologies to all believing Catholics (Evangelicals, please don't take it personally!). I'm playing on the sterotype, that Catholics don't read the Bible. In the words of Capt Jack Sparrow: Savvy? ;)

Sorry for misquoting you, freejoytoo as wtfrenchtoast! The internet is hard and there are too many brilliant people on this forum for me to keep them all straight!

Sin is like God's Kryptonite!

Well I just had to play with that idea! :D A bit of google image searching, a bit of roflbot . . .

6561825441_f5b78a9208.jpg

Or, if you prefer:

6561821691_88e6ce0b70.jpg

Archived