IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

I have a feeling that Josiah, Joy and Jana all spend a lot of time in the prayer closet. I hope that they are smart enough to hide some secular reading there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jim Boob is so totally ignorant that he really thinks that King James translated the bible in eight months, I shudder because those kids may grow up less educated than their parents. I wonder if he knows that King James probably converted to keep his head.

On a general note, it's about time people stop to believe the Duggar's cheap talk (the kids have a choice!) and observe their ACTIONS more. I can't believe they buy all this shit.

So true. It's really bizarre to me how the parents insist that everything they do as a family is a choice. No, we don't have a family rule against dancing. We just all (all 21 of us) have chosen not to. And Michelle's answer about the "accidental" kiss, where she tacks on "At least, that's what the kids say." As though they have all independently come to exactly the same conclusion as their parents on every issue. Funny how often that happens in a situation where coming to a different conclusion can get you punished, shunned or guilted past your breaking point.

The so-called experts that talked about how well behaved the kids are sometimes forget about the episode in which Michelle was left with the 7 younger kids when the rest went on that missionary trip. Michelle couldn't really handle the kids and she had to get help from Mary, Amy and Priscilla K.

I'm askin' for videos all over the place, but which episode was this?

All I saw was footage from a time Michelle had about five little kids for just an afternoon, when the others were out, and she made them lunch and told them a story. My comment was that she seemed quite calm and capable, that it's easier to be calm when you've had so many retreats and coolings-off and you're coming into one afternoon of childcare, than when you've been doing that constantly, as well as all the housework, for days, weeks or years on end, in a much smaller house that's harder to keep neat. I don't think it was like that all the time when she was taking care of the first seven, and I definitely think she has her older daughters to thank for doing the brunt of the housework and childcare.

So true. It's really bizarre to me how the parents insist that everything they do as a family is a choice. No, we don't have a family rule against dancing. We just all (all 21 of us) have chosen not to. And Michelle's answer about the "accidental" kiss, where she tacks on "At least, that's what the kids say." As though they have all independently come to exactly the same conclusion as their parents on every issue. Funny how often that happens in a situation where coming to a different conclusion can get you punished, shunned or guilted past your breaking point.

Oh god, how this "we as a family" crap bugs me. You can only say that if you have interrogated everyone and come up with some kind of a consensus.

Like, coincidently no ones wants to dance. Coincidently no one wants to go to college. This whole "we" crap. My parents had this going on , too. WE don't do this, WE don't do that. Nope, people, I'm my own person and I decide what I want to do or not.

What did she say about the accidental kiss? Did someone kiss accidentally?? :shock:

Actually though, I am almost positive in a little box on the screen one time it said "The Duggars, as a family rule, do not dance". So there you go, it's a rule. I think it was the episode when they went to the elementary school. And the older kids , even over 18, still buy this crap. I feel sorry for them. I know what family dynamics can be like and they come with a ton of guilt. They don't realize they could just go out and dance any day now. Financial ties make it even harder.

On another note, who said that there was a rumor about only 2 Keller kids being left at home? That would be Priscilla and...who?

If Jim Boob is so totally ignorant that he really thinks that King James translated the bible in eight months, I shudder because those kids may grow up less educated than their parents. I wonder if he knows that King James probably converted to keep his head.

James I never 'converted'; he was always Church of England and staunchly anti-Catholic - hence why the gunpowder plot occurred in 1605. The translation of the Bible that James ordered had nothing to do with conversion.

Yes Jim Bob is ignorant. 8 months?! It took 7 years, and that was with 47 scholars working on it!

Candice Keller commented on the TodayMoms aritcle:

"As an in-law to Josh and Anna Duggar, I think Michelle and Jim are great people. They love their kids and dont live off the state. My concern is when the children grow up and dont want to live like mom & dad Duggar, how will Michelle and Jim handle that?? I know they are members of Advanced Training Institute that Bill Gothard is head over. Anna's parents are members of the same "home school group", which has taught them to cut-off and have nothing to do with their older children who have decided not to be a part of A.T.I. This has hurt Anna's siblings tremedously. I hope that the Duggars handle their adult children differently than Anna's parents have. I know A.T.I has caused tremendous problems for the Keller family and I hope it doesnt do the same for the Duggars."

Thanks for finding and posting this.

Maybe the voices speaking up about this crap will begin to grow.

What did she say about the accidental kiss? Did someone kiss accidentally?? :shock:

No - it was a question from viewers - something like "how would you feel if one of your children accidentally kissed somebody?" And Michelle of course said something like, "how do you accidentally kiss somebody - (blah blah blah) but anyway, that wouldn't happen because they aren't going to kiss anybody who isn't their husband - at least that's what the kids say". That isn't a verbatim quote, but what she said.

Oh, and I thought the "accidentally kiss" question was ridiculous - until seeing Amy getting kissed almost on the lips by a defrauder in Scotland! :o :lol: Man JB would have let the fundie freak fly if that had been one of his daughters!

Thanks for finding and posting this.

Maybe the voices speaking up about this crap will begin to grow.

I'm glad Candice is speaking out. Maybe former ATIs will start to come out and show the mainstream media more about the Duggars' beliefs.

I don't know if Josiah's new haircut would count as having his head shaved for his "sin in the camp" but if you watch this video from a book signing they did in Branson, MO this last weekend his hair has definitely been cut. For his sake I hope it's just a bad haircut and not part of his punishment for showing his true emotions.

So after a day of domesticity and divorce lawyers I hit a local ginmill that has excellent home cooking for lunch. Not my usual pub. Nice young woman behind the bar, we chat a bit, I'm reading a bio of Stevie Smith. We talk a bit about Stevie and Sylvia. (This is a college town one can always have a convo about art or science with the wait staff while inhaling a stuffed pork chop and sipping a martini.) Then she asks me, if I watch much TV. I say no don't own one. And she says, "Have you heard of the Duggars?" :o

I gave her a 6 minute synopsis of the Quiver Full movement, their furthering of the patriarchy, invalidation of women etc. And left knowing I had another convert to the bright side :dance: (This young woman was a single mom with a 6 year old daughter, pursuing a MS in Molecular Bio, working as an RA and a bartender to make ends meet. To perfectly ice the cake, she revealed she had her tubes tied and is stopping at one child.)

Life is good :lol:

I don't know if Josiah's new haircut would count as having his head shaved for his "sin in the camp" but if you watch this video from a book signing they did in Branson, MO this last weekend his hair has definitely been cut. For his sake I hope it's just a bad haircut and not part of his punishment for showing his true emotions.

When I first saw it, it DID look like a bad shave like maybe for why you said, and I was like oh no, Josiah! :( But the boys immediately around him seem to have the same cut. Maybe Johanna got out the electric razor and let loose :lol:

Oh that sounds like a sanity-validating conversation, experiencedd!

Did you watch the movie all the way through? At about 4 minutes a lady asks Jill if she is studying to become a nurse and she says that is what she is thinking of but she is just something (can't make it out) midwives.

I couldn't make it out, but she may be focusing on midwifery right now and do nursing later, but it seems like she's still interested in becoming an RN. She seems passionate about doing nursing.

Looks to me like a bad haircut. The other Duggar boys are sporting a similar 'do. Josh was almost bald (think Sinead O'Connor circa 1990) in the one special that led to the "sin in the camp" rumors.

Josiah does not look happy, though. I wonder what it's like for an intelligent kid like him to be in a store full of books that he isn't allowed to read?

:( Maybe he can manage to go unaccompanied to the bathroom ( :lol: yeah right ) and instead duck into an obscure aisle full of the world.

Amy's a lefty and so is Jinger. Are any of the other kids lefties as well?

When I first read this I thought you were revealing Amy and Jinger are lefties politically, not left-handed.

Carry on.

When I first read this I thought you were revealing Amy and Jinger are lefties politically, not left-handed.

Carry on.

Haha. Dream on.

(I am not politically left and not a fan of the left, but for those kids any direction that steers them away from their parents would be great).

1,000th post in the thread!

For what it's worth, almost all of the lefties I've known have had interesting, somewhat quirky and creative personalities - they seem to disproportionately favor the arts and rather unorthodox careers, lifestyles, worldviews, etc.

This could be just confirmation bias or coincidence due to small sample size, though; has anyone else observed this or read any literature about lefties/righties and left/right brain personality traits?

Maybe there's hope for Jinger yet?

Archived