IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

oh yeah....I'm looking at the pictures again, and both of his hands are visible. How did I miss that?!

ETA: Is Jinger crying, in one of those photos? She has her hand up at her eye....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Ladypuglover, thank you for reminding me who made the slideshow.

And thanks, GryffindorFTW for making it!

Not sure if I made myself clear when it was pointed out that we discussed this already. There were things that weren't obvious to me until I saw the video, both in that sequence and afterwards. That's what I was pointing out -- no criticism of GryffindorFTW's wonderful work on the pics, or previous discussion.

The more I look at either the video or the pics, the more unhappiness I see, in lots of kids other than Josiah, and in Grandma.

When it breaks through even in these smile-programmed kids, when the camera is on, that says a lot.

And does J'Uterus have any gratitude for their concern for her and fear for the potential child?

Nope -- she's on the "concern is criticism, and you'd better smile big" wavelength.

So deluded.

Well, my father was a pioneering researcher in the field of brain hemisphere studies.

Avalondaughter can you PM me your father's name? All I did in grad school is hemispheric research....I'm curious if I recognize his name!

oh yeah....I'm looking at the pictures again, and both of his hands are visible. How did I miss that?!

ETA: Is Jinger crying, in one of those photos? She has her hand up at her eye....

I don't think so. The J'slaves do wear makeup, she likely has a bit of mascara in her eye, or an eyelash, or simply dust. She doesn't seem to be crying.

Also, in the snapshots, Jessa clearly has an "oh shit" look on her face, and once Josiah comes back (shaking?!) Anna looks... awkward. Like, she's embarrassed/whatever for Josiah. In the video, it's clear that Josiah tried to run for it. So. Bloody. Obvious. Explains the snapshots. Poor Josiah.

I don't think so. The J'slaves do wear makeup, she likely has a bit of mascara in her eye, or an eyelash, or simply dust. She doesn't seem to be crying.

Also, in the snapshots, Jessa clearly has an "oh shit" look on her face, and once Josiah comes back (shaking?!) Anna looks... awkward. Like, she's embarrassed/whatever for Josiah. In the video, it's clear that Josiah tried to run for it. So. Bloody. Obvious. Explains the snapshots. Poor Josiah.

Yes, I noticed the look on Anna's face when Josiah disappeared from beside Jim Bob. Is Jessa the one standing beside Jinger? I have trouble telling the girls apart, sometimes.

Not sure if I made myself clear when it was pointed out that we discussed this already. There were things that weren't obvious to me until I saw the video, both in that sequence and afterwards. That's what I was pointing out -- no criticism of GryffindorFTW's wonderful work on the pics, or previous discussion..

Same here. I also saw the pictures when they were first posted, but I did not realize how bad it was until I saw the video and watched it all in sequence.

Yes, I noticed the look on Anna's face when Josiah disappeared from beside Jim Bob. Is Jessa the one standing beside Jinger? I have trouble telling the girls apart, sometimes.

Jessa's the one wearing the scarf, standing in front of JB. I've figured out all the girls, it's the boys I have trouble with.

Edit: Look at the next photo, where Josiah's missing again. Anna looks rather nervous now, and in a later shot even Jessa is looking at Jim Bob like, "you bastard."

Same here. I also saw the pictures when they were first posted, but I did not realize how bad it was until I saw the video and watched it all in sequence.

In the video you can tell just how defensive Josiah's posture is once he comes back in the frame. My heart breaks for him.

I asked my psychiatrist again about lefties, and he said they tend to have more emotional problems, a higher instance of seizure, and I can't remember what else. Sorry, I'm horrible at remembering things sometimes.

My grandpa is 90 years old and only once had a teacher try to make him write with his right hand, which I find odd, since you hear so many stories of lefties being forced to switch hands. He did have to use his right hand when he broke his arm as a child, and he also found it easier to write with his right hand when using a chalkboard (were there dry-erase boards pre-1970?) when instructing pilots. He was a pilot in the Navy, flew in 3 wars (all as a reservist, which I only found out a few years ago - I'd always thought he'd been a "regular" Navy member), was the Landing Signal Officer for his aircraft carriers, and can fix just about anything, it seems. He's smart, but doesn't think he is, which I find somewhat sad. He's also quiet and unassuming (the opposite of the stereotypical pilot), so part of that may just be he doesn't want to brag about himself. He also has a nice signature, something you don't see very much in men. ;)

My MIL does most things left-handed, but writes with her right hand. I'm almost certain she was made to switch hands.

I worked with a guy 10 years ago who is left-handed primarily, but when he was little he used both hands for coloring and drawing. He said that when he started kindergarten, the teacher put the crayons in the middle of his desk and he started to cry because he didn't know which hand to use. It was funnier when he told it, but I thought it was cute.

I wonder if people who live in a culture that writes from right to left (Hebrew, Arabic?) are forced to switch to using their right hands? Or are left handed people left alone because of the direction the text is written. Anyone know?

Jessa's the one wearing the scarf, standing in front of JB. I've figured out all the girls, it's the boys I have trouble with.

Edit: Look at the next photo, where Josiah's missing again. Anna looks rather nervous now, and in a later shot even Jessa is looking at Jim Bob like, "you bastard."

Anna does actually look....scared.

And in the photo captioned 'yep. This kid looks really happy.' the girl in the blue top (Jill?) is looking at Michelle with a 'really?' expression, I think.

I asked my psychiatrist again about lefties, and he said they tend to have more emotional problems, a higher instance of seizure, and I can't remember what else. Sorry, I'm horrible at remembering things sometimes.

Schizophrenia, probably. We're also overrepresented in Mensa, Hollywood, and the modern presidency. So take from this what you like.

Off-topic, but had to post this since I believe I'm seeing things. Has Joy Anna been on "the Journey"? Look at the photos from the girls' Journey in August this year: http://www.livingthejourney.com/photos/ ... 4-girls-2/

In pic 6 at the front row fourth from left, in pic 9 in the front (maybe? she seems too happy to be current Joy :cry: ), in pic 10 on the left and in the group photo of August 2011 here http://www.livingthejourney.com/photos/ ... up-photos/ in blue shirt at the second row from down. If this really is Joy, she seemed to enjoy her time there, despite of the very suspicious methods and goals of these "journeys".

(sorry my horrific grammar, I'm just too tired and sick to think clearly today)

I think you're right... I think that is Joy!

Well, who can blame her for being happier? She's out of the house and far away from her siblings! Well, except Jana, I think I saw Jana in one of the pics

Okay, actually I took a look at them again.

The first one, I think does look like Joy. The second one you pointed out, I wasnt sure. The picture on the website next to the one of the girl up front shows the same girl (shes wearing the same outfit) and that is NOT Joy... although the last time I saw Joy's face I didnt recognize her for a minute. But I'm pretty sure its not Joy, except maybe int he first picture I dont know. That looks the most like Joy.

I don't think it was her, but I spotted Jana.

On another note, I like blouses. They can be pretty fashionable. But how do they manage to always dress them so they look frumpy??

I have some outfits that would meet their modesty requirements (due to the temperatures around here and my love for skirts), but are at least slightly more fashionable.

Something like this:

retro_vintage_fashion.jpg

Oh, there you go, without knowing it, I got it from a "modest" website.

Maybe with a little shorter skirt, I would totally wear this to work in an office environment, maybe different shoes in the winter.

Can't they do something like this?

Schizophrenia, probably. We're also overrepresented in Mensa, Hollywood, and the modern presidency. So take from this what you like.

I think it's pretty cool that there are so many left-handed presidents, considering how many there are in the major population.

I'm now reminded of Flanders's All Things Left-Handed, or whatever it was called, on the Simpsons.

Another thing I thought was kinda interesting: the majority of retail calligraphy pens are made with right-handed people in mind. A classmate in high school tried to write with mine and couldn't because she was left handed. I'd never known that before. I thought you simply write with the pen and the ink flows. I guess it has to do with how you put pressure on the nib?

I'm now reminded of Flanders's All Things Left-Handed, or whatever it was called, on the Simpsons.

Another thing I thought was kinda interesting: the majority of retail calligraphy pens are made with right-handed people in mind. A classmate in high school tried to write with mine and couldn't because she was left handed. I'd never known that before. I thought you simply write with the pen and the ink flows. I guess it has to do with how you put pressure on the nib?

The Leftorium! And they validated parking without purchase!

All calligraphy/ fountain pens are horrible for lefties because their wrist drags against the wet ink before it dries. Even if they develop 'hook hand' they still end up with ink on their sleeve. That's why teachers used to beat left-handedness out of students before the Second World War - you couldn't read their handwriting until the biro (ballpoint pen) was invented in the 1940s. Everyone in my family is left-handed and my parents grew up in the 50s and 60s when Australian schools were switching from inkwells to biros - some years mum had to sit on her left hand and some years she'd get a younger teacher who didn't care!

Okay, actually I took a look at them again.

The first one, I think does look like Joy. The second one you pointed out, I wasnt sure. The picture on the website next to the one of the girl up front shows the same girl (shes wearing the same outfit) and that is NOT Joy... although the last time I saw Joy's face I didnt recognize her for a minute. But I'm pretty sure its not Joy, except maybe int he first picture I dont know. That looks the most like Joy.

Maybe you're right. The second photo really doesn't look like Joy but the first one definitely does. Well, if she wasn't on the Journey this time I'm sure she will be in the future - got to beat that spirit away!

Only the girl in the big group pic in the field looks like Joy. Otherwise, no, she resembles Joy but definitely isn't. Her face is too round and she doesn't have lines on her forehead like Joy does (at 14 :( )

The Leftorium! And they validated parking without purchase!

All calligraphy/ fountain pens are horrible for lefties because their wrist drags against the wet ink before it dries. Even if they develop 'hook hand' they still end up with ink on their sleeve. That's why teachers used to beat left-handedness out of students before the Second World War - you couldn't read their handwriting until the biro (ballpoint pen) was invented in the 1940s. Everyone in my family is left-handed and my parents grew up in the 50s and 60s when Australian schools were switching from inkwells to biros - some years mum had to sit on her left hand and some years she'd get a younger teacher who didn't care!

I think that's incredibly cool that everyone in your family is left-handed. I used to get my grandpa those notebooks for lefties, but I don't think he cared one way or the other. :)

• 2 months later...

Okay, this goes back to the discussion on funding preemies way back around page 20 something. I had two preemeis in two different states. I both cases, my preemies exceeded the maximum insurance allownance. In both cases I was billed only for the deuctable. What happened to the rest? The hospitals and the states, knowing that families would be utterly crushed by paying the difference between their insurance and the true expense, have the balance paid for by special state funds thorugh their childrens health insurance programs. I didn't know this until I had my second preemie and asked very specifically about this issue. The hospital had me talk to the social worker who processes ALL preemies in born in the hospital. I wasn't in AR, but I would bet they have something similar.

I wonder if people who live in a culture that writes from right to left (Hebrew, Arabic?) are forced to switch to using their right hands? Or are left handed people left alone because of the direction the text is written. Anyone know?

I'm wondering that too--I know I found it beneficial when I was learning Arabic. I favored a pencil, because I screwed up a LOT, and it was so lovely not to smudge all over the place or wind up with a grey fist! Imagine working with ink and a brush? Oh, carnage...

Archived