IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

Oh, and $20 says that TLC minions are reading this and there will soon be an episode that is purely damage control, where Josiah claims he left to get a tissue because of allergies or he had explosive diarrhea or something like that.

Really, when all he had was Explosive Normal Humanity.

Mustn't let that leak out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, when all he had was Explosive Normal Humanity.

Mustn't let that leak out.

>explosive diarrhea

>leak out

LOL

...I am a 3rd grader. :shifty:

I am sure when TLC is done with this family, the editing will change. Already they edit footage so Josh looks like the creep that he is. When they were ready to cut off Khate,the commercials featured her tantrums. Can you imagine Michelle Duggar edited for crazy?7

I am sure when TLC is done with this family, the editing will change. Already they edit footage so Josh looks like the creep that he is. When they were ready to cut off Khate,the commercials featured her tantrums.

Oh yes. Remember the change in tone when Jon was creating problems and they were getting ready to kick him off the show? They edited a scene ruthlessly to make it look like he punished one of the twins for saying Mom was more fun than him. The edit was so obvious but I guess it just goes to show how easily people's lives can be twisted, molded and eventually broken by what goes on in an editor's suite. So far the Duggars have been treated more gently but I suppose that's a reflection of their audience more than anything else. If TLC thought it would draw higher ratings that could change in an instant.

KGO SF radio is taking calls about the Duggar pregnancy. They stream on the internet. People calling in are outraged!! :clap:

Gene Burns is giving great coverage to the risks that the pregnancy entails. :dance:

KGO SF radio is taking calls about the Duggar pregnancy. They stream on the internet. People calling in are outraged!! :clap:

Gene Burns is giving great coverage to the risks that the pregnancy entails. :dance:

Link to stream?

Oh wait, that's a different diarrhea song. The one with just one diarrhea, not 2 diarrheas.

I sense I'm in the weird corner of FJ again.

With the already massive backlash, I wonder if this will limit their possibilities for family trips to avoid angry people, like how Scott Walker is canceling appearances around the country to avoid protesters.

What I find sad is that I think his reaction was mostly "Oh my god, mom might die" and that's a perfectly VALID reaction, but it looks like he was rather strictly told to toe the line. I've never thought of JB as menacing, but after seeing those screenshots...

What I find sad is that I think his reaction was mostly "Oh my god, mom might die" and that's a perfectly VALID reaction, but it looks like he was rather strictly told to toe the line. I've never thought of JB as menacing, but after seeing those screenshots...

I'm not sure how I read Josiah's reaction. Maybe he fears for his mother's life and health. Or maybe his reaction is closer to that of a child of alcoholics/addicts who realizes he is trapped in a house ruled by two fcked up people who will stop at nothing to get their fix.

I expect more "creative editing" when this episode is rebroadcast.

I'm not sure how I read Josiah's reaction. Maybe he fears for his mother's life and health. Or maybe his reaction is closer to that of a child of alcoholics/addicts who realizes he is trapped in a house ruled by two fcked up people who will stop at nothing to get their fix.

I expect more "creative editing" when this episode is rebroadcast.

Could be both...I don't blame him for being worried either way. Even if Michelle had no chance of dying, this insistence to have so many kids is slowly causing the family to unravel at its seams. Being interested in psychology it pains me greatly to see poor Josiah being so repressed by his family, and having no real means of emotional release. I just now saw the clips. Heartbreaking.

Just had another thought - maybe he was hoping the show would end soon and they would stop broadcasting his life for everyone to see, but realized that with a new blessing on the way, they're get at least another season, plus special episodes. Whatever caused him to bolt like that was a pretty immediate reaction, every time I look at those screen shots I feel bad for him, and I hate his parents all the more.

While I certainly do think Josiah fears for his mother's health, it is entirely possible that he is also royally pissed with Jim Bob for getting her pregnant.

He's 15. 15 year olds generally don't like to be reminded that their parents even have a sex life. Compound that by the fact that a pregnancy could endanger his mother, and Josiah may just be thinking that dad is a horny old goat, and wishing that he would just keep his pants zipped up and leave her the hell alone.

And has it occurred to anyone else that Josh saying Josiah might be the next one to get married is a giant "FU, internets! moment?

We have been told Josh likes to monitor the snark boards. There has been speculation that Josiah may be the "different Duggar" for quite a while. Maybe this is his response.

While I certainly do think Josiah fears for his mother's health, it is entirely possible that he is also royally pissed with Jim Bob for getting her pregnant.

He's 15. 15 year olds generally don't like to be reminded that their parents even have a sex life. Compound that by the fact that a pregnancy could endanger his mother, and Josiah may just be thinking that dad is a horny old goat, and wishing that he would just keep his pants zipped up and leave her the hell alone.

Good point, especially given how Josiah has been brought up. He can't date, he can't go to dances, he can't hang out with girls his own age, he can't even watch movies or TV shows where he might see a pretty young actress in a pair of skinny jeans. The same goes for Joseph and John-David. These three young guys probably hear lectures about self-control all the time, yet Jim Bob cannot and will not control his own self.

And has it occurred to anyone else that Josh saying Josiah might be the next one to get married is a giant "FU, internets! moment?

We have been told Josh likes to monitor the snark boards. There has been speculation that Josiah may be the "different Duggar" for quite a while. Maybe this is his response.

That's what I thought immediately. If he wanted to tease a younger brother, why skip over the painfully shy Joseph and go straight to Josiah, being sure to add a mention that he "charms the ladies". :roll:

I would add that the only thing I see different about Josiah is that he appears a bit more sensitive and less into the grungy boy stuff like Joe and John. It's just his personality and has no bearing on what his orientation might end up being, any more than a tomboy is automatically going to grow up to be a construction worker or, Allah forbid!, a lesbian.

We know Josh is on-line and I doubt he'd avoid sites like this one. So if you're reading Josh, I do have something to say to you, and it's without a trace of snark. Get a physical and have your blood work done. I know posters - and sisters - tease about your weight, but you don't just look a little overweight to me, you look very unwell.

Who are the Roloffs?

The thing i like about the Browns is that they say their kids can chose whatever lifestyle and I think they mean it. Their teenagers rebel on camera. Also, the wives said they would love for their daughters to go to college, live single for a couple of years, maybe go abroad.

One thing I never quite got about christianity: So imagine another baby is born premature and doesn't make it. Dies at like 2 months. I know this may sounds very weird, but that baby supposedly goes to heaven, right? So isn't that better than living on earth? I read something somewhere about god gets the kids first he loves most. To me, that's just a try to rationalize the undoubtedly intense amount of grief when you lose a child, but does that say god loves the kids still on earth less? They're not as special?

That is just messed up.

I posted about this on TWOP earlier. I honestly think Josh's snide comments about Josiah being a "ladies man" is really Josh's way of questioning Josiah's sexuality. I think Josh is a dick and sees Josiah as "weak" or not as masculine as the ALMIGHTY Josh. I hope Josh is reading this and if he is: Josh, stop picking on Josiah. You're nothing but a pig-faced idiot yourself. Spend some of your not so "hard earned" cash and buy a treadmill... and maybe some hair plugs. I wonder if Josh has ever heard of Hair Club for Men? Hmm... :think:

That's what I thought immediately. If he wanted to tease a younger brother, why skip over the painfully shy Joseph and go straight to Josiah, being sure to add a mention that he "charms the ladies". :roll:

I would add that the only thing I see different about Josiah is that he appears a bit more sensitive and less into the grungy boy stuff like Joe and John. It's just his personality and has no bearing on what his orientation might end up being, any more than a tomboy is automatically going to grow up to be a construction worker or, Allah forbid!, a lesbian.

We know Josh is on-line and I doubt he'd avoid sites like this one. So if you're reading Josh, I do have something to say to you, and it's without a trace of snark. Get a physical and have your blood work done. I know posters - and sisters - tease about your weight, but you don't just look a little overweight to me, you look very unwell.

Josh's internet is probably not restricted. I guess. Unless JB came to his house and "installed it for him".

When did he say Josiah might be the next one to get married? In the season finale episode that i still can't watch because it's not online anywhere?

What would be the point of him marrying soon, closing the doors to his escape?

Good point, especially given how Josiah has been brought up. He can't date, he can't go to dances, he can't hang out with girls his own age, he can't even watch movies or TV shows where he might see a pretty young actress in a pair of skinny jeans. The same goes for Joseph and John-David. These three young guys probably hear lectures about self-control all the time, yet Jim Bob cannot and will not control his own self.

True this, JB has like NO self-control in this field (obviously).

I am really, really, really curious if the older kids actually know how reproduction works.

True this, JB has like NO self-control in this field (obviously).

I am really, really, really curious if the older kids actually know how reproduction works.

I don't know. We can't compare them to mainstream kids their own age. When I compare them to what I know about kids from 100 years ago, I get conflicting infomation. On one hand, I've heard over and over again that kids who grew up on the farm back in the day figured it out for themselves from observing the animals in the barnyard. Yet at the same time, there were kids like my grandmother, who truly believed that you ordered babies from the Sears catalog. She didn't learn the truth until her wedding night! (Yes, Grandma's parents were fundies, especially her mother. No dancing, no drinking, no smoking, no card playing. Grandma grew up to do all these things, or at least try them. She didn't like the taste of alcohol, so she only drank once or twice. But it was at a speakeasy during Prohibition, so she gets extra points.)

But then again, they do not live on a farm.

They are surrounded by the TLC crew, but I doubt they're ever really alone with them.

Their internet is monitored, movies are pre-selected, friends are pre-selected, hmm.

Archived