IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

Looking at those photos again, it occurs to me that Michelle was totally oblivious of the drama playing out around her. It really is all about her, isn't it? Mother of the year, my ass. She disgusts me.

Don't ya know? Mother of the Year is all about quantity and not quality!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh's profile is now private https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1186764719

Looks like he finally figured it out. I love how the only public part is the link to their website, to show you just how awesome they are and how much they need their own show, stat.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 82&sk=wall

This is his profile. The other one I think is neither real nor private.

/edited because of SOTDRT grammar.

Somehow I find it weird that now that Josiah vanished on camera, everyone has "noticed that for a while". I don't recall any threads or talk about him in particular on here.

Joy, yes.

Hope they're not going to be sent to brainwashing camp. But I guess all hope is lost.

Will ever see one of them break free? EVER?

I'm starting to doubt that.

Does anyone have a link to the video of the 'telling the kids' thing?

I can't find it anywhere online. I DVRed the show but deleted it after I watched it. I hope I can find it as a rerun episode. I missed Josiah's reaction completely. I ran that part a couple of times, but mostly to watch how the J'slaves reacted.

Yes, that has to be the real one. It has photos of Michael that have not otherwise been released to the public and Anna's sisters have commented on them.

Check out Michael's passport pic, it's hilarious

Check out Michael's passport pic, it's hilarious

Interesting that they must be way less strict about photos in America than here: Josh, Michael's and Anna's would be rejected (mouth open, parent's arm in pic, hair on face)

Who are the Roloffs?

The family from TLC's Little People, Big World. They have a lot of critics, but for the most part, the show did not whitewash their lives. The editors showed the marital problems, fights between the kids, sullen teenagers, etc.

So which Duggar kids would you all say looked genuinely happy about the announcement?

I would say Jackson and Justin were genuinely thrilled, jumping up and down with excitement. At 7 and 8, they're still young enough that they don't realize the risk and are happy about the chance to even up the numbers.

At this point, I'm thinking that Hannie and Jackson (and Justin, from what little we see of him) are the only kids who haven't quite realized the full extent of what their parents' religion entails. Hannie and Jackson in particular don't have their masks on yet. I assume it's going to come soon enough, but right now I think they are just oblivious to it all. Poor Hannie doesn't even realize yet that she won't be allowed to become a doctor.

I wonder, if we could have seen Jana and Josh at 6 and 7, would they have been as open and unguarded? Part of me thinks that any joy or independence was beaten out of the oldest kids long before that, but then there are reports from Michelle that the older girls used to be high-spirited. It breaks my heart to know that, unless something changes, Hannie will end up like all the others.

Somehow I find it weird that now that Josiah vanished on camera, everyone has "noticed that for a while". I don't recall any threads or talk about him in particular on here.

Joy, yes.

Actually, when Josie was born, Joy and Josiah went to visit at one point and I remember a lot of comments (either here or TWOP) about Josiah seeming to be more "maternal" but that aspect was probably being squashed since he's a boy. There's been LOTS of speculation that he might end up being the gay one and how difficult that would be, being in that family.

I think it's important to point out that most gentler, compassionate boys are not gay, and that there are plenty of very masculine gay men.

Personality type does not a sexual orientation make.

In case you're reading, Josh, lay off the kid. And tell Dim Dad that if he sends Josiah off to indoctrination camp, we'll know about. One of those little downsides to having a TV show during the age of the internets.

It's interesting, when I watched the Today show announcement, even before the season finale aired, I did notice that Josiah was one of the kids who didn't look happy. He didn't even try to put a fake smile on his face.

Actually, when Josie was born, Joy and Josiah went to visit at one point and I remember a lot of comments (either here or TWOP) about Josiah seeming to be more "maternal" but that aspect was probably being squashed since he's a boy. There's been LOTS of speculation that he might end up being the gay one and how difficult that would be, being in that family.

I don't know if Josiah is gay (personally, my gaydar pings for Joy and some of the younger boys), but I do think he's different from his older brothers and is realizing the limited options he has in life. It doesn't seem like Josiah wants to own a car lot or towing business, and I bet he realizes that it's probably going to be his eventual fate. Everyone on TWoP used to remark on how insufferable he was (Smuggar, Jr.) when he was younger, but ever since he hit puberty, he's definitely not that way at all. It could be a rough transition into puberty coupled with the normal adolescent realization that his parents aren't perfect and that his family's lifestyle might not be superior to everyone else's after all.

Josh seemed pretty happy, of course - I saw him go through the crowd to give Michelle a big hug.

Probably the last chance for one for awhile.

I think it's important to point out that most gentler, compassionate boys are not gay, and that there are plenty of very masculine gay men.

Personality type does not a sexual orientation make.

In case you're reading, Josh, lay off the kid. And tell Dim Dad that if he sends Josiah off to indoctrination camp, we'll know about. One of those little downsides to having a TV show during the age of the internets.

Yup, the Duggars can't hide everything. Most reality show families or subjects are revealed more through the Internet. Networks and producers can't always fool everyone.

Who's the little girl in the pink dress with her arms folded across her chest, looking at Michelle like she wants to punch her in the face? Is that Hannie?

Who's the little girl in the pink dress with her arms folded across her chest, looking at Michelle like she wants to punch her in the face? Is that Hannie?

Yes, that's Hannie.

It's interesting, when I watched the Today show announcement, even before the season finale aired, I did notice that Josiah was one of the kids who didn't look happy. He didn't even try to put a fake smile on his face.

I don't know if Josiah is gay (personally, my gaydar pings for Joy and some of the younger boys), but I do think he's different from his older brothers and is realizing the limited options he has in life. It doesn't seem like Josiah wants to own a car lot or towing business, and I bet he realizes that it's probably going to be his eventual fate. Everyone on TWoP used to remark on how insufferable he was (Smuggar, Jr.) when he was younger, but ever since he hit puberty, he's definitely not that way at all. It could be a rough transition into puberty coupled with the normal adolescent realization that his parents aren't perfect and that his family's lifestyle might not be superior to everyone else's after all.

According to Jim Bob, the younger ones don't get this fate... They get to work for Joshie boy or John David.

According to Jim Bob, the younger ones don't get this fate... They get to work for Joshie boy or John David.

So they get to be subservient for the rest of their lives? I'd be rebelling too.

Michelle and JB have written so many parenting/family books and I think that's really arrogant of them. They've only raised a few children to 'adulthood' and its completely uncertain whether ANY of them will turn out to be good people or even financially successful.

Josiah seems to be outgoing so I wonder if real estate (I know right now is a horrible time) would be a good future career path for him. Since JB got most of his sucess from real estate I would think it'd be a approved career track for the Duggar boys.

So they get to be subservient for the rest of their lives? I'd be rebelling too.

Michelle and JB have written so many parenting/family books and I think that's really arrogant of them. They've only raised a few children to 'adulthood' and its completely uncertain whether ANY of them will turn out to be good people or even financially successful.

The children they have raised into adulthood still aren't completely independent of Michelle and JB. I agree it arrogant of them to think of themselves as parenting experts because unlike most people let their kids go at a certain point. Josh isn't completely independent and we know that Boob owns the car lots and Josh is living in Mary's rental house. John David seems to be more hardworking than Josh, but again John is working for Boob. Jana, Jill and Jessa can't be labeled independent adults because none of them have worked outside the home.

I don't understand why anyone would take parenting advice from the Duggars or the Pearls, just based on the results of their parenting.

When I need advice, I ask someone who has successfully raised children. And by successful, I mean they are educated, have careers that they love, are in healthy relationships, etc.

I don't understand why anyone would take parenting advice from the Duggars or the Pearls, just based on the results of their parenting.

When I need advice, I ask someone who has successfully raised children. And by successful, I mean they are educated, have careers that they love, are in healthy relationships, etc.

I think most of the people that really want advice from the Duggars are mostly fundie homeschooling couples. Fundies who admire the Duggars don't care that the J'Slaves have no job skills or work experience or that John David and Josh are still dependent on Boob's businesses and connection.

I think the only adult Duggar kid that could make completely on their own is JD. Josh and the J'Slaves over 18 wouldn't last in the real world on their own.

I don't really have any idea whether Josiah is gay or straight. I do think he's different than his brothers, but not necessarily in sexual orientation. He seems like he would be more intellectual than the others if only had the had the chance. He seems thoughtful and clever, and I'd rather have a deep conversation with him than with most of the others. If he were in a typical mainstream family, I could see him becoming a college professor or an artist. I don't think he's necessarily smarter than the rest; just more interested in that kind of thing. He definitely seems like he would be charming in a genuine way, because he's observant and would pick up on how different people want to be treated. I definitely don't think that stuff determines his orientation. But it still must be stifling for him in that type of family where education is just not valued at all and he's discouraged from ever learning anything outside of their little cult bubble.

Wow, way to make them dependent on you forever. They depend on their brothers, who depend on you.

They, btw, did not raise the children to adulthood. not even their oldest. Josh was literally going from sleeping in bunkbeds to being married. No responsibility, no work, no own home to take care of, never dealt with insurance, bank accounts, all that stuff that comes with adulthood, to then having your own house, business, wife and soon child.

On another aspect of the viewer question episode preceding the pregnancy announcement, I found the question about "accidental" kissing pretty absurd (as did JimBood and JChelle, apparently -- and on this one, I can't blame them). I wonder if that question was included because that was all they were willing to answer with regard to their rules on sexuality and dating or if that was really what the viewer wanted to know. It would have been so much more interesting for them to discuss up to what point they would allow their teenaged and older children to make their own choices about relationships and sexual contact.

For the children who are over 18, if they didn't want to live by their parents' rules (for example, wanted to date rather than court), does it appear that the only way to do so would result in being cut out of the family entirely? Would they basically have to leave with the clothes off their backs, and not be welcome to visit or have any relationship with the siblings still living at home?

Archived