IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

Can someone save a copy of that video to some untouchable internet archive or the hard drive on your own computer? Pretty soon TLC editors will read this thread and try to erase this whole thing. They'll take the videos off the internet and change up the editing when they air the show on tv as a rerun. They already did that when the internet noticed how horribly the Bateses neglect their horses, and they'll do it again. I don't know how to save videos or I would do it myself. Someone really needs to hold on to a copy of this truth.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pitiful. It was pretty obvious there was some choppy editing, too. I wonder who else reacted "badly"?? Josiah was obviously upset and the whole room was shocked when they first made the announcement.

I think it's hard to NOT see that at least one or two kids were genuinely upset. It makes me so mad that they blather on about how everyone is SO excited and they feel SO blessed and blah blah blah when that doesn't seem to be the case. Reality show my ass. :roll: It also makes me mad how they appeared to "pretend" to interact with the younger ones about this announcement. It seemed so force and "oh yay!! ....."

Can someone save a copy of that video to some untouchable internet archive or the hard drive on your own computer? Pretty soon TLC editors will read this thread and try to erase this whole thing. They'll take the videos off the internet and change up the editing when they air the show on tv as a rerun. They already did that when the internet noticed how horribly the Bateses neglect their horses, and they'll do it again. I don't know how to save videos or I would do it myself. Someone really needs to hold on to a copy of this truth.

Maybe message the YouTube user who has it up? They'll have a hard-drive copy in order to have uploaded it.

That was pitiful. It was pretty obvious there was some choppy editing, too. I wonder who else reacted "badly"?? Josiah was obviously upset and the whole room was shocked when they first made the announcement.

And, damn it, JB's "joke" was that they were going to have their picture taken, which gave TLC the hook to do a few stills with the "click" camera noise, to hide some stuff.

It's definitely Jana saying "Josiah, don't" and possibly "cry, please" - you can see her mouth sync up with the audio at the beginning, before they cut away from her.

Anyone else think the new baby is going to Joy?

Oh definitely, and that's why she's so pissed. Last time she was just 12, oo young to be a buddy for a newborn when there are four older sisters around... but she'll be 14 when this one is born, by which age I'm sure the others were caring for a baby sibling.

However, since there's a high chance this baby won't survive or will end up like Josie, Joy may be off the hook.

Oh definitely, and that's why she's so pissed. Last time she was just 12, oo young to be a buddy for a newborn when there are four older sisters around... but she'll be 14 when this one is born, by which age I'm sure the others were caring for a baby sibling.

However, since there's a high chance this baby won't survive or will end up like Josie, Joy may be off the hook.

Yep, if the baby has problems it will go to Jill or Jana for sure.

Yep, if the baby has problems it will go to Jill or Jana for sure.

And condemn them to another half a decade of no courtship. I am starting to see those two as possibly the future spinsters, if Michelle keeps on popping them out.

I'm saving the video right now. I made a photobucket account and will put it there when it finishes downloading. Then I'll link it here.

If someone posts a link to the video I'll save a copy too,

Actually, this was discovered right after the show aired and discussed at length here and on TWOP. They didn't edit it out of the rerun, so I bet they keep it, using the 'snapshots' as cover.

Actually, this was discovered right after the show aired and discussed at length here and on TWOP. They didn't edit it out of the rerun, so I bet they keep it, using the 'snapshots' as cover.

It's uploading to photobucket right now. I had to start all over again because I lost the internet connection when it was 40% done. I'll link to it when it's done.

It was discussed here after the show aired, and someone (I apologize for not remembering who!) posted a great slideshow of the stills.

What I didn't know about until watching the video was the cutesy trick of acting like those were just pictures that JB took, with the fake camera noise and all, rather than just a set of stills for no reason.

Wow. That was the first time I've seen it. It definitely got...I'm tired, so I don't have the exact words I'm looking for, but it was physically jarring to my senses once they started bouncing between photos and video. That sort of thing only works if done very carefully, I think.

Also, the whole "Josiah, don't cry" thing sounded....like the voice was really distorted, kinda like in movies where one is dreaming/hallucinating?

I definitely heard "Josiah, don't." ButI'm not sure if I heard the word "cry." I mean, I did, but, with all the other kids screaming and yelling, it might've been someone else saying something, or maybe even someone else calling his name. Since there is an "eye" sound in Josiah, one girl could've said "Josiah, don't.." and then we heard the "eye" of the other person calling his name before it switched to pictures.

We'll probably never know all that went down. At least, not for a long long time.

Thank you for giving us the link. I can really see Josiah's distress and have a clue about what Jim Bob did to get him back in line. I agree that how the cameraman shot the scene is very telling. I came from a family where only positive expressions of emotion were allowed. What it did to my sister and I was that we ended up somatizing and having a lot of stomach ailments that have affected the quality of both of our lives. The Duggars are raising emotionally damaged children who know how to smile like everything is A-okay but inside it is a different story. If they really felt that each of their children was a precious gift from God then they should take care to respect their childrens' feelings and not abuse them when they don't tow the family line. This is sickening. There is such a thing as the narcissistic family, the definition of which has been operationalized by psychologists and I will include it here. Sound familiar?

Narcissistic families have a PARENTAL system that is, for whatever reason (job stress, alcoholism, drug abuse, MENTAL ILLNESS, physical disability, lack of parenting skills, SELF-CENTERED IMMATURITY), primarily involved in getting its own needs met. The children in such narcissistic family systems try to earn love, attention and approval by satisfying their parents' needs, thus never developing the ability to recognize their own needs or create strategies for getting them met.

Long-shot but possible theory: maybe "Josiah, don't cry!" was tweaked with a bit of voice editing over that one bit? You can't take out the entire scene, but you can mess with that one voice, to make it (hopefully) not as obvious. How many true crime shows have you seen them do that on? I'm thinking maybe a shitty dubbing-over on the "cry" part.

Long-shot but possible theory: maybe "Josiah, don't cry!" was tweaked with a bit of voice editing over that one bit? You can't take out the entire scene, but you can mess with that one voice, to make it (hopefully) not as obvious. How many true crime shows have you seen them do that on? I'm thinking maybe a shitty dubbing-over on the "cry" part.

There was something fuzzy going on and I don't think that was an accident. I thought the same thing you did. Someone tweaked the voice.

Ew. And Josh - I watched a few episodes, including the birth, while looking for this last night - is disgustingly fawning when it comes to his MALE CHILD. That baby gets top billing and first mention in everything.

I just wanted to mention that my reaction to Josh's appearance is not about his weight, per se. I know so many people who are heavier, who look far more healthy. I've had weight issues all my life, and wouldn't mock someone for being heavy. But seriously, Josh looks SO unhealthy. He's not just overweight, but you know it's from crappy food, not, say, digging on massive amounts of good, lean, home cookin'. He's sweaty and pasty, and even with little to no exertion, he looks like he's ready to huff and puff his way into a coma. Boy needs a serious physical and total workup.

But seriously, Josh looks SO unhealthy. He's not just overweight, but you know it's from crappy food, not, say, digging on massive amounts of good, lean, home cookin'. He's sweaty and pasty, and even with little to no exertion, he looks like he's ready to huff and puff his way into a coma. Boy needs a serious physical and total workup.

This nurse agrees. He needs a medical work-up. Anna has gained weight, like any recently delivered mom but she looks healthy, and if she doesn't get pregnant too soon she'll loose it.

PRESENTING: The Tragic Saga of Josiah and Duggar Spawn 20 (A Drama in Multiple Acts)

duggarsfilmstrip.jpg

Aside from the generally unfortunate nature of this situation (poor Josiah, seriously!) I am disturbed by the fact that Josiah seems to be constantly rubbing his left elbow after he finally makes his reappearance. Did Jim Boob, er, grab him too hard when he went to wrangle him back into the scene?

The original, individual macros from this strip are in an Image Shack album, for closer perusal if anyone is interested. Link: http://imageshack.us/g/508/shot1c.jpg/

This needs a bump for those who have missed it.

Michelle and Jim Bob are allowed to express concern and even deeply-affecting emotions, to the point that their marriage was disrupted, over their fears. The children aren't allowed to even be shocked in the first five seconds of the news. It's awful enough that they expect them to keep sweet, but they're allowed to break it themselves, on top of that?

I would have to say the very same thing but also agree that all the lefties I know are crazy talented in some form of art. My left husband was a soloist for the West Point Chior and taught himself to play music by ear. But he is the poster boy for Boy Scouts. ;)

Well, my father was a pioneering researcher in the field of brain hemisphere studies.

People tend to oversimplify what the sides of the brain do and what hemispheric-dominant thinkers tend to be capable of. It comes down to how you think and how you solve problems. Is it impossible for you not to think in words for example? Can you visually translate images?

For one thing, just because you favor a particular side in your motor skills does not always mean that you are brain dominant for thinking. Yes, many artists, musicians, and athletes are left handed and it's assumed all left-handed people must be right-brained. But even more of those creative people are right-handed and clearly show right-brained traits. It may be that the control of your motor coordination might not be controlled by the same side of your brain that controls your thoughts. It could also mean that "right" and "left" are misnomers because the "right" side of your brain might not be on the right side of your head.

I'm left handed. I'm uncoordinated, artistically average, terrible at higher math, and completely unable to not think in words. I can sing and have a decent ear, but that's about as right-brained as my talents get.

I'm very quirky and do tend toward ADD characteristics, although I've never been diagnosed as such.

I'm politically quite liberal, but I doubt my left-handedness has anything to do with that.

Archived