IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

I'd like to know how Josh and (especially) John-David are able to run their businesses when they are constantly away on family trips? We have seen that Josh has at least 2 other employees ( a cousin and another friend); but, the towing business seems to be totally JD. Someone commented above that both boys "work" for Jim-Bob; I thought these businesses were "owned" by the boys.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes. Remember the change in tone when Jon was creating problems and they were getting ready to kick him off the show? They edited a scene ruthlessly to make it look like he punished one of the twins for saying Mom was more fun than him. The edit was so obvious but I guess it just goes to show how easily people's lives can be twisted, molded and eventually broken by what goes on in an editor's suite. So far the Duggars have been treated more gently but I suppose that's a reflection of their audience more than anything else. If TLC thought it would draw higher ratings that could change in an instant.

It's OT, but - more on this? Never watched the show.

shot4ap.jpg

That grating laugh in image form. My god she's false. My god she's cold.

shot5q.jpg

And what's your name, little boy?

Did anyone else notice Jessa's face when the camera panned to her during JB's "I'm so thankful for my family, I feel like the richest man in the world." Yeah, the look on her face said WTF-ever, dude.

I'd like to know how Josh and (especially) John-David are able to run their businesses when they are constantly away on family trips? We have seen that Josh has at least 2 other employees ( a cousin and another friend); but, the towing business seems to be totally JD. Someone commented above that both boys "work" for Jim-Bob; I thought these businesses were "owned" by the boys.

I think maybe JD has someone covering for him when he is away.

Josh's car lots are both owned by Jim Bob. I'm not sure about the towing business, but I think that is probably owned by Jim Bob.

Josh's car lots are both owned by Jim Bob. I'm not sure about the towing business, but I think that is probably owned by Jim Bob.

The Duggars' blog says that JD is the owner and operator. Wouldn't be surprised if JB is "co-owner" though.

The Duggars' blog says that JD is the owner and operator. Wouldn't be surprised if JB is "co-owner" though.

I wouldn't be surprised either. The Duggars aren't completely truthful about their kids. On the show they have lied a bit about Josh and the car lots.

It might be that Boob owns the truck, I don't think JD works out of an actual office, I think it might be either Joshie's car lot or daddy's house.

I wouldn't be surprised either. The Duggars aren't completely truthful about their kids. On the show they have lied a bit about Josh and the car lots.

More on this?

More on this?

Josh isn't the only owner of his car lots and he is not really cut off financially from his parents like they stated in earlier episodes.

A poster on DWOP who lives in the Springdale area has confirmed in the last week or so that Smuggar is down to only the Tico Taco car lot. The original site is now closed (the website hasn't been updated for a year; it still talks about how they're getting permits for the other site).

Proof please!! This is good stuff!!

on another note, is that episode ONLINE by now?!?! I can NOT find it!!! I am DYING to see it! same for yesterday's episode world trip 1

now that you mentioned that tico taco car lot, i REALLY want tacos. dammit. they're hard to get around here. :violin:

On a general note, it's about time people stop to believe the Duggar's cheap talk (the kids have a choice!) and observe their ACTIONS more. I can't believe they buy all this shit.

Any "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" fans around here? This weekend Duggar 20 was one of the questions on the show. I guess the hosts aren't too familiar with the Duggar family though because Peter Sagal called them the Doo-GAR family.

Watched the announcement/questions episode last night and their answers, for the most, were pretty good. Too bad they are lying through their teeth.

BTW, if we just forget all the overpopulation talks and welfare of children and everything.....why would any woman WANT to be pregnant for most of their lives? Even if you believe children are a blessing, who would say that they wanted 20 biological children in a tightly squeezed time span???

Any "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" fans around here? This weekend Duggar 20 was one of the questions on the show. I guess the hosts aren't too familiar with the Duggar family though because Peter Sagal called them the Doo-GAR family.

Yeah, I caught that. Had a good laugh about it. :lol:

Am I the only one who feels like they're trying to breed their own personal fiefdom? The way the girls never leave home, the boys work, directly or indirectly, for dad. Creepy.

Yeah and they bought all that land to probably have the kids live on with their own spouses and kids. But they are just afraid for their kids to leave home and enter the worldly world, and lose their faith. Leaving home is considered a betrayal in that belief system. My mother called me "the prodigal daughter" until I finally got married in my 30s. Being married is considered the only reason to leave home, it isn't just the Duggars that act that way - although yeah, it's extra-creepy maybe because of all the land and the extended businesses and stuff. Like it always creeps me out whenever people on the news use the term "family compound" for people, because it almost sounds like a prison where people are disappeared.

What amazes me is that some (many?) conservative Christians (fundie-lites, maybe) look up to the Duggars as some sort of paragon of parenting. They actually believe that Michelle takes care of all those kids--and never loses patience or stops smiling, to boot. I don't understand how any parent, especially a parent of little kids, can think this. Just think about the amount of work parenting two preschoolers is, and multiply that by TEN. Now, does that seem possible to you?

Candice Keller commented on the TodayMoms aritcle:

"As an in-law to Josh and Anna Duggar, I think Michelle and Jim are great people. They love their kids and dont live off the state. My concern is when the children grow up and dont want to live like mom & dad Duggar, how will Michelle and Jim handle that?? I know they are members of Advanced Training Institute that Bill Gothard is head over. Anna's parents are members of the same "home school group", which has taught them to cut-off and have nothing to do with their older children who have decided not to be a part of A.T.I. This has hurt Anna's siblings tremedously. I hope that the Duggars handle their adult children differently than Anna's parents have. I know A.T.I has caused tremendous problems for the Keller family and I hope it doesnt do the same for the Duggars."

Candice Keller commented on the TodayMoms aritcle:

"As an in-law to Josh and Anna Duggar, I think Michelle and Jim are great people. They love their kids and dont live off the state. My concern is when the children grow up and dont want to live like mom & dad Duggar, how will Michelle and Jim handle that?? I know they are members of Advanced Training Institute that Bill Gothard is head over. Anna's parents are members of the same "home school group", which has taught them to cut-off and have nothing to do with their older children who have decided not to be a part of A.T.I. This has hurt Anna's siblings tremedously. I hope that the Duggars handle their adult children differently than Anna's parents have. I know A.T.I has caused tremendous problems for the Keller family and I hope it doesnt do the same for the Duggars."

WOW!!! That is so cool that she wrote that publicly!

What amazes me is that some (many?) conservative Christians (fundie-lites, maybe) look up to the Duggars as some sort of paragon of parenting. They actually believe that Michelle takes care of all those kids--and never loses patience or stops smiling, to boot. I don't understand how any parent, especially a parent of little kids, can think this. Just think about the amount of work parenting two preschoolers is, and multiply that by TEN. Now, does that seem possible to you?

I've realized over the years that there are people who will believe anything that they are told by their "idols" or see at face value, and will not extend much critical thought or effort to look deeper behind the scenes.

So, they probably just accept Michelle and J Boob's assertions of how awesome their family is, and accept what TLC feeds them, as the ultimate reality. They won't think that hey, maybe there are things going on that don't get shown on TV or admitted to. If they find that they don't understand how it could be possible, they can rationalize it as just an example of how they themselves are falling short (at parenting, or whatever).

It is that sheeple mentality. Nor is it limited to fundies. I have met many non-fundies who thought the Duggars were just "one big happy Christian family who liked kids a lot" and had NO idea what it meant to be Quiverfull, etc was. And these were people who were pretty surprised to find out just what Quiverfull meant for the young Duggars (especially the girls). They had NO idea the girls were doing most of the parenting, without much choice, or that it was not easy as "just leaving at 18". They had as much easy access to this information as I did, but just never bothered to look beyond the facade.

Candice rocks. She's Daniel's wife, right?

It would be interesting if they finally asked them these quesitons. If someone dared to. My money's not on the Today Show though.

I've realized over the years that there are people who will believe anything that they are told by their "idols" or see at face value, and will not extend much critical thought or effort to look deeper behind the scenes.

So, they probably just accept Michelle and J Boob's assertions of how awesome their family is, and accept what TLC feeds them, as the ultimate reality. They won't think that hey, maybe there are things going on that don't get shown on TV or admitted to. If they find that they don't understand how it could be possible, they can rationalize it as just an example of how they themselves are falling short (at parenting, or whatever).

It is that sheeple mentality. Nor is it limited to fundies. I have met many non-fundies who thought the Duggars were just "one big happy Christian family who liked kids a lot" and had NO idea what it meant to be Quiverfull, etc was. And these were people who were pretty surprised to find out just what Quiverfull meant for the young Duggars (especially the girls). They had NO idea the girls were doing most of the parenting, without much choice, or that it was not easy as "just leaving at 18". They had as much easy access to this information as I did, but just never bothered to look beyond the facade.

What bugs me TONS is that the so-called experts go on and on about how "well-behaved" the kids are. I mean, is it really so surprising for everyone from Joy up that they can sit and stand still and smile?? They are 14 -23. They are not children anymore. Somehow they always miss that fact.

The so-called experts that talked about how well behaved the kids are sometimes forget about the episode in which Michelle was left with the 7 younger kids when the rest went on that missionary trip. Michelle couldn't really handle the kids and she had to get help from Mary, Amy and Priscilla K.

Archived