IGNORED

Lori Alexander 83: Fully Cook the Chicken!

I saw that. It was the "My husband Doesn't Give a Crap About Doing Anything Nice for Me" Olympics.  The leghumpers were all trying to outdo each other on how they're OK with it.

I'm not saying you have to get expensive presents or spend a ton of money, but come on.  Mr. Free and I got each other cards and went to Olive Garden. He also got me a few flowers earlier in the week.  It didn't break the bank. SMH.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Seriously -- there are free e-cards.  Pick some wildflowers or interesting roadside grasses. Hubby could grill a burger.  It is truly the thought that counts.

All the fangirl leghumpers are trying so so so hard to convince themselves and others that no thought at all is A-OK peachy keen and just exactly what they wanted..

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Exactly. It's like, the less their husbands do for them on Valentine's Day--or birthday, or anniversary-- the holier they are or something. 🙄 My husband and I don't do much, really, for any of those events most years, but we do acknowledge the day with cards, plus maybe lunch out, or what we did today, hit a thrift store we don't get to very often. I'd rather go thrifting than get flowers, to be honest! I found a pretty little Lenox trinket dish today for $2.75! 😁

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! :bigheart:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

We do... absolutely nothing! But it's a mutual doing nothing!

Honestly, we did I think the first year go out to dinner a few days before, but we're not big on doing that sort of thing anyway, and it's fallen by the wayside.

I'm stuck on her throwing out a grandkid's storybook. We weed through our overflowing shelves sometimes, but pull out things that no one reads anyway, and we've had a box set aside for a few weeks to make sure no one suddenly needs one of the ones we've pulled out before they place the house. I would be furious if someone threw out one of my loved books, I can't imagine her grandchild felt any different!  

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
  • Upvote 6

@NotQuiteMotY, somehow I missed where she threw out a grandkid's book, where did you see that? The thought of her throwing out a child's book fills me with rage. I've been on a children's book collecting rampage at the thrift stores this past year so that I'll have a serious collection for my granddaughter. Everything from baby's first picture books to the Dear America books, plus the Little House books--I found the entire set of LH books in brand new hardcover editions the other week at the DAV thrift! I would NEVER throw away a child's beloved book!

• Love 5

The Valentine's thing is weird to me. When I worked at the Christian school, husbands were expected to go all out. And it was a competition as to who got the most expensive stuff. The last two years, it was literally a competition. The crazy principal put up a poster with every female staff member's name and a place to write down her gift. At the bottom it listed Louisa and Ms Other English Teacher. In the gift line it said "Single and lonely". So that was a treat to see. 

The music teacher won the first year. Her husband bought a dozen roses and diamond earrings. And there was a prize. A big thing of chocolate. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 9

I guess the "Christians" never knew one could get Valentine's presents when single (I did.) ................ and... single doesn't mean lonely.  

I must add that the married fundies I've known, particularly the women, seem very lonely even though they're not single.

• Upvote 4

We all know Ken and Lori have a transactional relationship (she gives him sex and in return he provide for her lazy lifestyle)and expensive butter).

But it really seems to permeate all aspects of their lives. In her anti-Valentines Day/Birthday expectations post, she says if she wants some thing she reminds him.   She has also said in the past when Ken asked for a certain meal or food (homemade pizza, beef stew, pot roast,, pie, etc)  she was made it for him. She even bragged about it and held it up as a way to be: "Ken asked me make pot roast and I did" with the implication that she was a good wife for following orders. No Lori, that's a restaurant. 

I don't always believe grand gestures at holidays and birthdays between couples is necessary (by mutual agreement) but MOST couples I know do small gestures SPONTANEOUSLY because they love their spouse and want to do nice things. 

I don't have to wait until my husband "asks" me to make something he loves, I just know his favorite foods from being married  almost 34 years and just make it because I know he'll enjoy it!  He might run out and pick up a coffee for me because he knows I'll enjoy it, not because I asked.  There are a million different small gestures we do for each other because we love each other and want to show our appreciation. 

Lori seems to imply the standard is how fast you jump to do something when asked. It seems incredibly sad. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • I Agree 5

On 2/10/2024 at 3:37 PM, Pammy said:

Yesterday, Lori, the least loving grandmother in the world, *threw out* a storybook that a grandchild had asked her to read out loud. That little kid (presumably too young to read on their own) lost a prized possession and a wonderful tool for their developing literacy because they entrusted it to their grandmother.

Why would Lori (the least loving grandmother in the world) do such a thing? Because the storybook contained magic! Because Lori, apparently, can't tell the difference between a "Magician" in the first century Roman empire (as described in the Bible) and a character in a picture book.

She makes me so mad!

@Loveday, this was the comment I was referencing, on page 9 of this thread.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

@Loveday, this was the comment I was referencing, on page 9 of this thread.

Thanks! I remember now that I saw that when Pammy originally posted it, but was just wondering where she saw it among all of Lori's social media outlets. I'm scrolling through comments on some of her posts that it might have come from, though, so I'm sure I'll come across it soon (unless Pammy saw it in Lori's Sooper Sekrut Chat Room, I'm not a member there!).

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.538bba768254df3303fa987b163de780.jpeg

Let’s not forget the time Lori declared that Valentine’s Day causes divorce. 

• Eyeroll 7

27 minutes ago, usmcmom said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.538bba768254df3303fa987b163de780.jpeg

Let’s not forget the time Lori declared that Valentine’s Day causes divorce. 

That whole mess is insane.

Hey, Lori... I have some suggestions to reduce the amount of divorces!

1. Don't get married to someone just because they tick off the boxes on your wishlist!
  2. Don't get married to someone you barely know
  3. Don't get married just because you are "supposed to" get married
  4. Pay attention to any red flags before marriage, they almost never improve
  5. If you feel incomplete without a partner, therapy time! If you can't be happy with yourself, how is anyone else supposed to be happy with you OR make you happy?

And I call BS on Lori not expecting anything for her birthday or Valentine's Day. If Ken took her at her word and got her nothing at all, she'd absolutely either have a tantrum or start some passive-aggressive campaign to annoy him. She might not POST about it, but she'd do it. She expects her walking ATM to cough up gifts, I'm sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

It's been such a week in LoriLand..

Lori is back on the Voddie train linking to one of his sermons on FB.

She's deleted her Paige Hilken quote post.

Lately she's been beating the Proverbs 31 "be a great housekeeper" mantra in several posts. Beating it so hard that the very clear implication is it's a huge sin if your house isn't immaculate and spotless and you don't clean 24/7.

Of course there is also the obligatory SAHD  admonition - no education needed, stay home, don't work, don't date, and wait for that godly man to appear on the doorstep.

And no Lori screed is complete without her command to downsize, be a SAHM, have all the bay-bees, homeschool, cook from scratch. be frugal, and men work multiple jobs so this can happen

So sayeth Lori from her 6 bedroom. $1M+ house living off her husband's major bank, {Where I"m positive she still has a housekeeper.)

• Upvote 10

@Red Hair, Black Dress, I just googled Lori's address to see its current value. The house is over 3500 square feet, and is valued at over $2 million. Yeah, she has an extra nerve telling women they don't need a $500,000 house.😕

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Of all the busybodies in the world, Lori is the busiest.  

On Twitter/X today:

The Transformed Wife 

"While many of our neighbors are putting in fake grass, I’ll stick with the real thing. Fake grass is terribly hot and dangerous in high heat. It’s made of many toxic chemicals and microplastics. How can this be better for our environment? It’s not. Stick with God made grass."

On FB or IG (I forget which) she also posted a picture of the offending neighbors yard and then of her own recently sodded yard.  Is there nothing Lori doesn't feel the need to give her opinion?? Can you imagine being the neighbor rand stumbling onto her page and seeing you being held up to criticism? 

• Eyeroll 5

10 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Of all the busybodies in the world, Lori is the busiest.  

On Twitter/X today:

The Transformed Wife 

"While many of our neighbors are putting in fake grass, I’ll stick with the real thing. Fake grass is terribly hot and dangerous in high heat. It’s made of many toxic chemicals and microplastics. How can this be better for our environment? It’s not. Stick with God made grass."

On FB or IG (I forget which) she also posted a picture of the offending neighbors yard and then of her own recently sodded yard.  Is there nothing Lori doesn't feel the need to give her opinion?? Can you imagine being the neighbor rand stumbling onto her page and seeing you being held up to criticism? 

Anyone else think one of the reasons the neighbors are going that route is because Lori is also the sort to complain constantly if anyone's lawn isn't picture perfect at all times? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Anyone else think one of the reasons the neighbors are going that route is because Lori is also the sort to complain constantly if anyone's lawn isn't picture perfect at all times? 

I guess if you have the great misfortune of being an Alexander neighbor, you’re bound to end up being criticized on SM for something…or many things. 

• Upvote 5

She's right about the fake grass. It gets very hot in summer. Looks nice in pictures but is uncomfortable. In semi arid hot areas, both fresh and fake grass are bad options... They should try drought-resistant vegetation.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Next thing you know, Lori will be complaining that the toxic chemicals and microplastics** of the neighbor's fake grass are making her so so so so sick.

It'll be like the 20 25 30 year "illness" she had years ago. She'll have to take to her sofa with a bag of frozen peas for her head.

** My comment in no way negates anyone who is affected by toxic chemicals and microplastics,  I just think Lazy Lying Lori will use the fake grass as a excuse to lie and be lazy.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

She's right about the fake grass. It gets very hot in summer. Looks nice in pictures but is uncomfortable. In semi arid hot areas, both fresh and fake grass are bad options... They should try drought-resistant vegetation.

They certainly should. 

But. Lori would not be cool with that, I'm sure. And if there's a homeowner's association for the neighborhood, God help anyone who attempted a more sustainable alternative to a green grassy looking lawn. 

• Upvote 2

Looks like all of her social media is scrubbed of the fake grass posts.  I guess using her "ministry" to criticize the neighbors was too much for Ken. He probably made her take it down. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

They certainly should. 

But. Lori would not be cool with that, I'm sure. And if there's a homeowner's association for the neighborhood, God help anyone who attempted a more sustainable alternative to a green grassy looking lawn. 

In Colorado, the state law is that xeriscaping can be done despite homeowner's association rules mandating turf. Ditto for putting solar panels on the roof. And homeowner's associations can no longer require shake roofs: in fact, I think they may be illegal due to wildfire risk.

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

In Colorado, the state law is that xeriscaping can be done despite homeowner's association rules mandating turf. Ditto for putting solar panels on the roof. And homeowner's associations can no longer require shake roofs: in fact, I think they may be illegal due to wildfire risk.

Being in California, her neighborhood might have similar situations. Just in general traditionally, if there's a homeowner's association, anything other than neatly trimmed green grass is going to rile people up.

Can you imagine if one of her neighbors got rid of all the lawn, and just had a wildflower meadow or something? Or even just native garden plants and dirt paths. Lori would have a conniption. 

• Upvote 6

On 2/15/2024 at 11:39 AM, Loveday said:

Thanks! I remember now that I saw that when Pammy originally posted it, but was just wondering where she saw it among all of Lori's social media outlets. I'm scrolling through comments on some of her posts that it might have come from, though, so I'm sure I'll come across it soon (unless Pammy saw it in Lori's Sooper Sekrut Chat Room, I'm not a member there!).

It was on Instagram, posted around the date I mentioned it here. I don't know if it's still up or not. (The book was something with Disney magic... maybe Frozen? I can't remember now.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pammy said:

It was on Instagram, posted around the date I mentioned it here. I don't know if it's still up or not. (The book was something with Disney magic... maybe Frozen? I can't remember now.)

Thanks! I did look there but didn't see it. I might not have gone back quite far enough, though. Or maybe it was in her stories area? Don't they disappear after a day or so? I don't really know how that works on Instagram! I just wanted to read some of the comments she received on the post--either they leaned towards being appalled that she'd just toss out a book that doesn't even belong to her, or they'd be falling all over themselves to agree with her and regale her with similar stories of their own. You know: "Oh, I didn't just throw away my child's book, I BURNED it!"🙄

• Upvote 1