IGNORED

Lori Alexander 83: Fully Cook the Chicken!

On 11/28/2023 at 7:03 PM, Alisamer said:

one of her "favorite" Christmas memories is the year she chased them around to beat them with her slipper and then locked them out of the house.

For new FJs who don't know the story, just adding that the kids were 7, 5, 3 and 1! Lori hit a 1 year old! And put them out of the house! My heart breaks for Alyssa, who on top of the beating, was responsible for keeping her little siblings safe out. What if one of them had run to the street? 

While I think Lori and Ken were at the low level of parenting, I suspect all their family and social circle were similar to them. Maybe softer and probably more affectionate than Lori, of course, but still on the hard side. The fact that the 4 children remain close and using Lori as a babysitter often, makes me think that they find their childhood normal. Maybe they just consider their parents a bit too strict, but they don't see the full picture. The 4 children seem to go to fundie churches and I have the feeling that those churches are not exactly pro-gentle parenting. I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

For new FJs who don't know the story, just adding that the kids were 7, 5, 3 and 1! Lori hit a 1 year old! And put them out of the house! My heart breaks for Alyssa, who on top of the beating, was responsible for keeping her little siblings safe out. What if one of them had run to the street? 

While I think Lori and Ken were at the low level of parenting, I suspect all their family and social circle were similar to them. Maybe softer and probably more affectionate than Lori, of course, but still on the hard side. The fact that the 4 children remain close and using Lori as a babysitter often, makes me think that they find their childhood normal. Maybe they just consider their parents a bit too strict, but they don't see the full picture. The 4 children seem to go to fundie churches and I have the feeling that those churches are not exactly pro-gentle parenting. I hope I'm wrong.

I think spanking was totally normalized when Lori’s kids were growing up. I’m a little older than Lori’s kids but everyone I knew was spanked when we were kids. So they probably do see their childhood as normal. 

• I Agree 2

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think spanking was totally normalized when Lori’s kids were growing up. I’m a little older than Lori’s kids but everyone I knew was spanked when we were kids. So they probably do see their childhood as normal. 

Spanking? They hit a one year old with. a belt until she submitted. That's not spanking, that's beating.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

This is Lori and Ken’s daughter?! 

Never mind, I can see it’s not that Cassie! 😂 

For a minute I wondered the same thing! 😄

Now *that* would give us something to talk about! 👍

Edited by kpmom
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why Lori has been ranting about Taylor Swift lately.  I don't really care for her one way or the other, just wonder if I missed something as to why Lori is so fixated on her recently.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I'm wondering why Lori has been ranting about Taylor Swift lately.  I don't really care for her one way or the other, just wonder if I missed something as to why Lori is so fixated on her recently.

Lori follows along with whatever the conservative manufactured outrage of the day is, and chimes in on the ones that allow her to denigrate other women or enjoy other women's suffering. Taylor Swift is wealthy, successful, talented, beautiful, and makes it clear she doesn't NEED a man in her life to be happy. So naturally that is very threatening to fragile men who need women to be submissive adoring helpmeets propping up their egos while being their mother, housekeeper, nanny, and incubator. So lately there have been conservative news outlets going on and on about how awful she is. 

Lori just saw that and said "Oh, hey, a woman I can put down! Cool!" and ran to jump on the bandwagon. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

The following is a paraphrase of something I saw on Facebook a few days ago. Clutch your pearls, Lori.

Every discussion of 'biblical womanhood" should include the fact that in the first chapter of Luke's gospel two pregnant women celebrate their new motherhood by passionately discussing the coming overthrow of every earthly empire.

Edited by Celtic Roots
First post incomplete
  • I Agree 6

Popping back in to say I've just been banned from Lori's FB for telling a woman who said she's been abandoned with 4 children that she can contact Goodwill for help with finding employment and. contact the Legal Aid Society to see about options for requiring ex to pay child support.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7

53 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Popping back in to say I've just been banned from Lori's FB for telling a woman who said she's been abandoned with 4 children that she can contact Goodwill for help with finding employment and. contact the Legal Aid Society to see about options for requiring ex to pay child support.  

Wow, how dare. Giving someone actual helpful advice including finding employment and tracking down and getting support from her wayward man!  /s

You know (as Lori constantly instructs) you're supposed to advise her to pray more, beg her ex to take her back and promise to be the perfect submissive always-available woman he wants, and if absolutely necessary throw herself on the mercy of the church to hopefully support her and her children. If she'd been godly enough and submissive enough and followed Lori's rules closely enough surely her man would have stuck around. 

Not Lori's church, of course. Though if she did it still wouldn't be any of Lori's money helping her. All Lori has to give is bad advice and stupid platitudes, heaped with lots and lots of victim blaming. 

Some of the people Lori seems to admire are the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" sort, but Lori is some wierd variation of that aimed at women - more like "you're not allowed bootstraps so pray more and God will help you somehow if you can figure out what you did to cause your own problems."

• Upvote 8

Lyin' Lori is lying again

Her FB post this morning states that, among other things, vacation is not one of her favorite things.  Then why does she go to Door County for months every summer?

She then tells us what her favorite things are (don't believe a word) -- but lies by the glaring omission that her most-est favorite-est thing in the whole world is being on the internet/ social media all day every day defaming, shaming, bullying, and generally hating women.

Lyin' Lori proves yet again she's a lying liar who lies. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lyin' Lori is lying again

Her FB post this morning states that, among other things, vacation is not one of her favorite things.  Then why does she go to Door County for months every summer?

She then tells us what her favorite things are (don't believe a word) -- but lies by the glaring omission that her most-est favorite-est thing in the whole world is being on the internet/ social media all day every day defaming, shaming, bullying, and generally hating women.

She just wants to feel superior and/or throw some shade at her daughter and friends. BECAUSE these are things that Alyssa, her best pal Tenley et. al do ALL THE TIME. 

Going on a vacation and enjoying vacations do NOT make you less of a Christian. Taking care of yourself and using 'products' to do so does not make you less of a Christian.  Getting massages and having an occasional "girls day" or break from  your daily duties does not make you less of a Christian.  Having a job because you want/have to/enjoy helping to support yourself and/or your family does not make you less of a Christian. Watching TV does not make you less of a Christian (wait..didn't Lori recently promote some Hallmark movie she loved and proclaimed "decent" recently??).

Once again for the people in back (I'm talking about you, LORI!), being a Christian does not mean you can't live your life and enjoy everyday things. Heck, I believe God created this big ole' beautiful world. Why would he NOT want us to enjoy it??

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Giving her recent posts about George and Mary Bailey,  I'm hoping Ken or someone can convince Lori that George and Mary are fictional characters in a movie. Bedford Falls isn't a real place. Pottersville is a fantasy nightmare place, and "It's a Wonderful Life" is not a documentary about a godly Christian couple, especially the godly submissive help meet wife.

Oh ..... and that Mary was played by a working actress with a long career who was also married and had a family.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

It was so refreshing to have a Lori break for a few days. Against my better judgement I checked out her Twitter this morning and she posts about her 43 or whatever years of married, and 4 kids and 18 grandchildren. 

I thought it was 17:

• Alyssa and Jon -2
  • Ryan and Erin - 4
  • Steven and Emily - 4 and one on the way --not sure if she delivered yet
  • Cassie and Ryan -- 6

Is there a new pregnancy? Did Lori miscount?  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

It was so refreshing to have a Lori break for a few days. Against my better judgement I checked out her Twitter this morning and she posts about her 43 or whatever years of married, and 4 kids and 18 grandchildren. 

I thought it was 17:

• Alyssa and Jon -2
  • Ryan and Erin - 4
  • Steven and Emily - 4 and one on the way --not sure if she delivered yet
  • Cassie and Ryan -- 6

Is there a new pregnancy? Did Lori miscount?  

I've lost count of her grandchildren and any current pregnancies, but I'm loving her filtered photograph on that post. And the artful placement of text and curl of hair to cover her sun-ravaged neck. 🙄

• Upvote 2

Not much sun ravaged neck to be seen (such artful camouflage).  But we do see .....

• Sun damage splotchiness on her face (sunscreen is bad bad very bad).
  • Her hair is much darker at the ends than the rest of it (a good salon could fix that).
  • Her hair needs a deep conditioner and brushing (ditto a good salon).
  • The fake forced smile that never reaches her eyes.
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Lori has an story up on social media about how she once "confronted" her pastor's wife about her "immodest" clothing. Apparently "it wasn't easy" and "took years" for Lori to work up the courage to be so rude and hateful. The alleged outcome was that the woman "blamed men" in some way, instead of internalizing Lori's insults. Lori says that it's her duty to act like a shrew because "It's up to the older women in the churches to exhort young women to dress modestly in church."

Edited by Pammy
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 2

Speaking of modest clothing, Lori posted a link to a sale on modest swimwear at Lands' End. She says the swimsuit she has that's on sale, is 'marked WAY down.' Well, I guess that's true, if you consider going from $134.95 to $119.95 'WAY down.' I don't. I consider that to be around 10% off. Now, if it was down to $67.99, that would be more reasonable. 50% off is a good sale to me, not 10% off.🙄

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Oh good grief! Lori is beginning the new year talking about her mother's boobs. Seriously?  And of course her dad had to say how much he appreciated her modesty.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 3

I'll take Dad talking, with tears in his eyes, about mom's modesty  as " Things that never happened" for $500.

This is an FYI/ TMI -- my mother was built like Dolly Parton., minus the blonde wig.  She didn't show much cleavage, except a little in a bathing suit.  Never once did I hear my father discuss her figure. although I'm pretty sure he liked it.

• Upvote 8

My mom would die of embarrassment if I ever talked about her boobs on a public social media account. WTF? Stop talking about your mama’s mammaries. It’s weird as fuck. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh good grief! Lori is beginning the new year talking about her mother's boobs. Seriously?  And of course her dad had to say how much he appreciated her modesty.

Honestly, this was one of the first things I saw things I saw this morning. WTF is wrong with that woman?  She is seriously ill. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Aren't these, if I've got my thoughts straight, actually her *dead* mother's boobs? Boobs she was allegedly modest about for her whole life, now up for discussion all over the internet?

I mean, given that factor, I can see Dad being a little teary when prodded to discuss the any of the virtues of his late beloved spouse.

But I'm pretty sure he'd also be embarrassed to have his tears broadcast to the world -- all in support of Lori's pet crusade.

So much for, "Honour your father and your mother." !!! (But since that command is not given in a women's passage, I guess Lori doesn't feel the need to preach on it... or even live in accordance with it.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

How can Lori not see that it is highly inappropriate to start a social media post with “My mother had large breasts.”?  It is crude, immodest, intrusive and degrading to her mother’s memory. 

Shame on her. Shame on Ken for “letting” her post it and shame on her dad for not shutting down that conversation if it did indeed happen. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, what the hell? How is it even remotely modest to talk about one's mother's breasts on the effing INTERNET??? 

• I Agree 4