IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, Keys said:

Did they ever post an explanation about where the dog went/what happened?

No. It just disappeared.

• Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3

I would gift my child a puppy or other pet that I felt was appropriate, but there would be a lot of consideration about how it fit into the family and that all those of us responsible for it (adults) were on board.  I would have exploded with joy to receive a dog as a present as a kid and I know my daughter is currently all about animals, especially dogs, but not old enough for me to feel comfortable bringing one into our home.  Our very patient senior pug passed on a few months ago and we decided we would wait at least 5 years for another dog.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

Growing up, my family always had dogs. Either one or two. We had mutts and breeds too.

I remember the day I got back home and my mother had adopted our dalmatian. He was from the SPCA and had been left there by his previous owners. I was very young, maybe 5 years old. It was not at Christmas time, but it certainly is a core memory that is ingrained in my brain. So I can certainly understand the appeal to surprise your kids with a pet. It does make great memories.

But my parents also taught us that a pet is for life. I remember that as soon as I was old enough, I would take the dog out on walks and feed it.

When you get a pet, you assume the responsibility that you will care for this animal for at least the next decade or more (if you get a cat for example). This is actually why me and Mr. Music are not having pets for the moment. We'd love to, but we don't think we'd be able to give all our attention to a little furry baby for the moment. We live in the city, in an apartment and we are both trying out new careers.

Pets are great companions, but they cost money, time and effort.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

On 12/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, marmalade said:

Yeah, they got a beagle a few years back. Didn't last more than a couple IG posts. 

And the kitten around hte time of Lawson’s wedding and the bunnies last year. None of their pets last more than a few months, just long enough to squeeze all the cute content. I am sure this dog will be re-homed by summer. 

i don’t know if any of the Bates are good pet owners, but Zach and Whitney are the absolute worst because they treat pets as if they are disposable. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

i don’t know if any of the Bates are good pet owners, but Zach and Whitney are the absolute worst because they treat pets as if they are disposable. 

Unfortunately, I know too many people with this same attitude.  And the first thing they do when they want to "get rid of" a pet is ask me if I want it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

My rule - to avoid being over run with animals - is that I never take a pet from work unless I'm already looking for one like it.  My heart cat came in with animal control to be put to sleep after being hit by a car (probably) and we were lined up to get a kitten in like 3 weeks from a friend.  I fell in love with him immediately and decided to put him back together again instead of getting the kitten.  My pug came in when I was struggling with infertility and had been talking about getting a small dog to cuddle with for a few months.  But when I get a pet, I want it to be with me for its whole life so we need to be prepared financially and otherwise.  And I have pet insurance even though I'm a general practice vet because good GOD inflation is rough everywhere, so that's my plug for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

We’ve had so many people ask us if we want another cat. I always say no because I like having just one. Years ago, we introduced a new cat to our older cat with little patience. It didn’t work out and they hated each other. So I just don’t want that to happen again. We love our only cat and we can take care of him. I don’t want to mess that up. 

They still have the bunnies. But they haven’t been seen in a long time until now. 

2E1C40D3-1345-4371-8937-74CF93FA08E0.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

There were only a very few times we said yes to someone trying give away ("get rid of" was their words not mine) a pet and then it was because the other option was death.  As we aged, we only accepted pets in a life-or-death emergency.  We were greatly concerned about the pets outliving us.  Earlier this year I was tired of being the only living thing in this house, so I adopted an 11-year-old cat last June.  He had been surrendered because his first parent had become unable to care for him.  He settled in fairly quickly and now it's like he's been with me forever.  But I still think it must have broken his first parent's heart to give him up.

• Love 19

The kitten, unlike the bunnies, was not shown in their Christmas reel. But Scout the puppy and Bradley will be "pals for life."  Tell that to the beagle that Bradley got for his birthday in 2017!

image.png.608e36a1ced50dd27d505b99bffe1f34.png

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The kitten, unlike the bunnies, was not shown in their Christmas reel. But Scout the puppy and Bradley will be "pals for life."  Tell that to the beagle that Bradley got for his birthday in 2017!

image.png.608e36a1ced50dd27d505b99bffe1f34.png

Some one needs to ask them about the beagle and see if they reply. 

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Some one needs to ask them about the beagle and see if they reply. 

Someone did mention it but they didn’t reply to the comment. 

• Upvote 5

Yep, the kitten is officially gone as well. The Bates family treats their pets like their fashion--disposable:

image.png.fa94208e0751223e881ddc8665e98cea.png

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 8

I’ve noticed that Whitney really treats Bradley as special. He seems to be featured on her social media as an individual a lot more than the rest of the kids.  Brad gets a new bike, Brad “loves on” his new baby sister, Brad gets a puppy. It appears to be that they have Brad...and a bunch of other kids and a baby.

I hate the concept of a pet belonging to one family member. It’s not fair unless they plan on getting them all puppies. A pet is for everyone in the family to love, not just the firstborn.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

On 12/28/2023 at 10:36 AM, JDuggs said:

I’ve noticed that Whitney really treats Bradley as special. He seems to be featured on her social media as an individual a lot more than the rest of the kids.  Brad gets a new bike, Brad “loves on” his new baby sister, Brad gets a puppy. It appears to be that they have Brad...and a bunch of other kids and a baby.

I hate the concept of a pet belonging to one family member. It’s not fair unless they plan on getting them all puppies. A pet is for everyone in the family to love, not just the firstborn.

No, she also features a ton of Khloe because she is cute and she give Whitney the same kind of content that Carlin gets out fo Layla. She has her sweet oldest boy and her sassy girl and the rest. 

• Upvote 3

Whitney jumped on that “6 year evolution of you” trend where you share a photo from every year since 2018 and it’s just crazy to me that they’ve pretty much added a baby or she’s been pregnant in every single one. 

Spoiler

52EC6065-3350-4147-8826-04F147A0EA20.thumb.png.78e93faeb77289a772896c6203a80a8d.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 2

52 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

Whitney jumped on that “6 year evolution of you” trend where you share a photo from every year since 2018 and it’s just crazy to me that they’ve pretty much added a baby or she’s been pregnant in every single one. 

Hide contents

52EC6065-3350-4147-8826-04F147A0EA20.thumb.png.78e93faeb77289a772896c6203a80a8d.png

I think my entire 2020 camera roll is sunset and nature photos because we were walking a lot and there was fucking nothing else going on.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

On 12/25/2023 at 10:05 PM, kittykay said:

There were only a very few times we said yes to someone trying give away ("get rid of" was their words not mine) a pet and then it was because the other option was death.  As we aged, we only accepted pets in a life-or-death emergency.  We were greatly concerned about the pets outliving us.  Earlier this year I was tired of being the only living thing in this house, so I adopted an 11-year-old cat last June.  He had been surrendered because his first parent had become unable to care for him.  He settled in fairly quickly and now it's like he's been with me forever.  But I still think it must have broken his first parent's heart to give him up.

I have three cats.  My most recent adoption was a 10-year old foster I'd agreed to take in after his owner, who had saved him from a horrific injury as a kitten, had died , and he was living in  a tiny room with his owner's son's family, two of whom were highly allergic to him.  Of course, he's a foster fail.  My 15 year old cat took to him immediately.  My 3 year old wanted to love him, but the newbie has only recently (he's been with us since February) warmed up to him.  I've discovered that my newbie is mostly deaf (I think he can hear high pitched sounds), and easily disoriented (might be older than 10, or have some lingering issues from his early injuries), but, he's also the first cat I've had that's a cuddler - the two others are aloof/scared of humans -  and he came at a time when I was going through a horrible loss, so, I really couldn't part with him.  He's on my chest now as I type this.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 16

4 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I have three cats.  My most recent adoption was a 10-year old foster I'd agreed to take in after his owner, who had saved him from a horrific injury as a kitten, had died , and he was living in  a tiny room with his owner's son's family, two of whom were highly allergic to him.  Of course, he's a foster fail.  My 15 year old cat took to him immediately.  My 3 year old wanted to love him, but the newbie has only recently (he's been with us since February) warmed up to him.  I've discovered that my newbie is mostly deaf (I think he can hear high pitched sounds), and easily disoriented (might be older than 10, or have some lingering issues from his early injuries), but, he's also the first cat I've had that's a cuddler - the two others are aloof/scared of humans -  and he came at a time when I was going through a horrible loss, so, I really couldn't part with him.  He's on my chest now as I type this.

You and @kittykay are beautiful people.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Per Whitney's IG stories, the kids are starting up their winter activities. Bradley will be playing basketball, which started tonight. The girls will be going to tumbling starting next week. She said something about the kids starting Piano lessons in a couple of weeks. They will also be playing spring soccer when that starts up in the spring.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Per Whitney's IG stories, the kids are starting up their winter activities. Bradley will be playing basketball, which started tonight. The girls will be going to tumbling starting next week. She said something about the kids starting Piano lessons in a couple of weeks. They will also be playing spring soccer when that starts up in the spring.

That's good news for the kids.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I'm pleased that the girls will be playing soccer.

Was Erin the only one who ever taught other Bates how to play piano? I am curious if Michaela plays.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm pleased that the girls will be playing soccer.

Was Erin the only one who ever taught other Bates how to play piano? I am curious if Michaela plays.

Zach does. He's on video playing by himself and I think duets with Erin. Not sure about Michaela. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of them play somewhat casually or maybe barely. Isn't Callie proficient? I thought Zach's playing was really pretty good for never knowing he even played at all.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I think I remember that after Erin married and moved out, Carlin taught the youngest kids to play piano. But that could be a completely false memory. 

• Upvote 6