IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

I agree it's weird there are common and obvious feminine forms for both names. Michael could be Michaela etc but also Christian could easily have been Christina or Christine.

I always wondered if they had expected a boy and only had a boy name decided and just went with the name anyway because they liked it so much

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, eljayem said:

I agree it's weird there are common and obvious feminine forms for both names. Michael could be Michaela etc but also Christian could easily have been Christina or Christine.

I always wondered if they had expected a boy and only had a boy name decided and just went with the name anyway because they liked it so much

Even then they could have saved it for the inevitable boy that would come up at a later moment.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, eljayem said:

Michael's name was originally Michal, which is a biblical female name. After she was born, they realized they didn't like biblical Michal's story, so they wanted to change their daughter's name. They claim that changing any more than one letter would have cost money, so they added the e to make it Michael. 

• Upvote 4

Had the baby naming thread been alive and well in 1990, I’m betting no one would have picked “Michael” for a female Bates baby. 

• Upvote 8

I haven't seen episodes of the Batesessseesss since they got their tv show. However, if my memory serves me, the way the Bates initially talked about Michael's name always left me with the impression that since she was a girl they simply couldn't be bothered to do more than they already had. 

• Upvote 7

As I’ve said before, the story about Michael’s name demonstrates perfectly how dumb, lazy, and cheap Gil and Kelly are. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They really should have just paid the money and renamed her Michaela. I doubt it was all that much more.

Pretty sure Gil said it was $75. That's probably close to a couple hundred bucks in today's money. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Pretty sure Gil said it was $75. That's probably close to a couple hundred bucks in today's money. 

But we are talking about Gil the master grifter. It was his way of doing things cheap and half assed like always. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

But we are talking about Gil the master grifter. It was his way of doing things cheap and half assed like always. 

I know. Which is why he couldn't be bothered to scrape up $75 to give his first daughter a different name. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I haven't seen episodes of the Batesessseesss since they got their tv show. However, if my memory serves me, the way the Bates initially talked about Michael's name always left me with the impression that since she was a girl they simply couldn't be bothered to do more than they already had. 

But she was the first girl and just the second baby.  While your theory is absolutely plausible, it could be very sad, especially for a family that had 17 more kids/9 more girls. Anyway, I never had the feeling that girls were less liked than boys. I think Kelly bonds better with daughters. But for some reason Michaela has never been the lucky one in any field, even as a baby!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

They claim that changing any more than one letter would have cost money, so they added the e to make it Michael. 

Or they could have done Michala instead.

• Upvote 4

For people who make the Bible their entire personality, and for whom it seems to be the only book they read, it is really astonishing that they didn’t bother looking up the story of Michal when they decided to name their first born daughter after her. It isn’t that they don’t have a copy of said book lying around to check in or anything. Did they just not care, since it was a girl, and they are all interchangeable, are they really that stupid or lazy? Or some combination of all three? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

• 1 month later...

Whitney posted a story on Instagram that Bradley is getting a Golden Retriever for Christmas.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s a bit unfair to give only one child such a HUGE present, and also basically gift a family dog to only one child? If I was them, I would have gotten each of the kids “normal” Christmas presents, and then the dog as a surprise to the entire family.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A dog is a family gift. Sorry it just is. Plus I’m not a fan of dogs for Christmas. 

I'm also not a fan of animals as surprise gifts.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, marmalade said:

They've already had a failed dog experience. These people should not have animals. 

Really? I did not know this.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm also not a fan of animals as surprise gifts.

I agree. Though if the kids in a family really wish for a dog and the parents, after careful consideration, decide to get one and surprise them - I think that’s okay.

Just gifting an animal to someone else as a surprise is a really bad idea, though, and I think it’s crazy there are people who do this.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Really? I did not know this.

Yeah, they got a beagle a few years back. Didn't last more than a couple IG posts. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Yeah, they got a beagle a few years back. Didn't last more than a couple IG posts. 

image.png.b33111d19413e3adab5baede286f3126.png

So this is Bradley's SECOND gift of a puppy!  The beagle was received in 2017 (and last seen on Insta in Dec 2019 as far as I can tell.

image.thumb.png.6644b8598cc9c341c477554479455271.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

image.png.b33111d19413e3adab5baede286f3126.png

So this is Bradley's SECOND gift of a puppy!  The beagle was received in 2017 (and last seen on Insta in Dec 2019 as far as I can tell.

image.thumb.png.6644b8598cc9c341c477554479455271.png

They are just so stupid and immature. I bet they had no clue how barky and energetic beagles are before the bought it. They seem like the type to do no research and buy the first cute puppy they see advertised by a puppy mill on Facebook. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8