IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 9

Coconut Flan

I feel like they strongly favor Kelton, including that sonogram picture. Despite this, I think both girls are adorable. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/27/2023 at 5:01 PM, raayx01 said:

I dont know why people think there lying about not knowing the. gender, who cares.

My friend is a labor and delivery nurse. She's also the mother of five (God help her). She's not known the sex of any of her last four because she enjoys the surprise. That said, she warns her patients and people in her life that she often refers to babies as a boy if she doesn't know because she prefers that to "it." 

I don't know if they really don't know. However, I assume they have guessed that the baby is a boy and internally and privately refer to the baby that way. Caveat - My cousin did that with her second child. She was just sure the baby would be a boy. Turned out to be a girl. Her older child heard her referring to the baby as a boy and was very confused afterward - calling the baby my brother-sister. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Josie just posted on IG. She's been MIA the last week because of the Flu. I guess her doctor said because she is so pregnant, it's taking longer to recover from it.  This is the first time she's felt ok and went to the grocery store because they were running low on a couple of essentials. And she's being induced in two weeks. She hopes she feels even better in the next couple of days so she can start prepping for that.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6

I swear this family seems to get sick a lot. So often they and the rest of the family post about this one or that one being sick, etc. I guess so much co-mingling will do that, especially when they and many go out and about while sick, but, still very odd with no kids in school to pick up that many bugs!

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

I swear this family seems to get sick a lot. So often they and the rest of the family post about this one or that one being sick, etc. I guess so much co-mingling will do that, especially when they and many go out and about while sick, but, still very odd with no kids in school to pick up that many bugs!

Yeah, they get sick as much as a public school family of 5. My kids get sick with a bunch of colds during the school year. I’ve heard fundies brag that their kids never get sick. Sometimes insinuating it’s because they have amazing home cures or they just don’t get germs from yucky public schools. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Josie just posted on IG. She's been MIA the last week because of the Flu. I guess her doctor said because she is so pregnant, it's taking longer to recover from it. 

And what are the odds that Josie got a flu shot to protect herself and her unborn child?

• Upvote 3

They are probably around a lot of little kids when they go to their church on Wednesday's and Sunday's. They go to the same mega church as Carlin & Evan so probably large amount of kids in their Sunday school classes and the nursery. They also go to gymnastics once a week. And Josie has talked dropping her kids off at a "babysitter" when she goes into work. It's possible that babysitter also may be caring for more kids than just Josie's.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6

Josie mentioned a couple of weeks ago on her stories that Kelton didn’t feel well and then a day or two later that she didn’t feel well. The girls were possibly sick too, but she didn’t mention that. In Kelton’s line of work, I imagine he can often be working in tight spaces with coworkers passing around germs.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

They are probably around a lot of little kids when they go to their church on Wednesday's and Sunday's. They go to the same mega church as Carlin & Evan so probably large amount of kids in their Sunday school classes and the nursery. They also go to gymnastics once a week. And Josie has talked dropping her kids off at a "babysitter" when she goes into work. It's possible that babysitter also may be caring for more kids than just Josie's.

One of my first jobs when I was young was working in a childcare center, in spite of washing my hands a thousand times a day and scrubbing them raw, I constantly  was either getting a cold or sick, so much so, at one point the director of the center had a meeting with me and suggested that maybe this wasn't the best fitting job for me.  I did work at the center for a bit less than three years, but the second I quit (or so it seemed) it was amazing how healthy I felt, and rarely got sick or caught colds.

How old is Willow, isn't she preschool age by now?  Did Josie confirm if she'll homeschool? Seems to me Willow should be school age by now, could be wrong though.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Josie just posted on IG. She's been MIA the last week because of the Flu. I guess her doctor said because she is so pregnant, it's taking longer to recover from it.  This is the first time she's felt ok and went to the grocery store because they were running low on a couple of essentials. And she's being induced in two weeks. She hopes she feels even better in the next couple of days so she can start prepping for that.

The flu can be extremely dangerous in pregnancy. It can and does land pregnant people in the hospital and ICU routinely. It’s why the flu shot is so strongly recommended in pregnancy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

If I remember correctly Willow is 6 months older than my kid so she’s 4.5 now. She might be in nursery school, prekindergarten or whatever their local school calls it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Keys said:

The flu can be extremely dangerous in pregnancy. It can and does land pregnant people in the hospital and ICU routinely. It’s why the flu shot is so strongly recommended in pregnancy. 

And that's if it's actually the flu and not a covid variant she's calling the flu. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Being around a lot of different people does build up your immune system... if you are lucky... with some I guess it doesn't... I was constantly ill with colds in the first year I started working (PT in a practice + home visit patients who think fresh air might kill them... my one patient hardly ever opened a window... I was regularly close to fainting when I went there... in the end I told her I wouldn't come anymore unless she opened a window...) After a year, I hardly ever got sick... even if my patients had colds... one cold or at the most two that last for about 3 days is the average for me now in a year, in 2021/2022 after having Covid twice within 4 months I went for a year without anything... but let my nieces and nephews near me with a cold and I am flat on my back!! I think kid germs are somehow more aggressive..... 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

If I remember correctly Willow is 6 months older than my kid so she’s 4.5 now. She might be in nursery school, prekindergarten or whatever their local school calls it. 

No, they're homeschooling. The germs probably come from church like others have said. 

• Upvote 2

My daughter's first two years at daycare she was basically sick from October to May with some more isolated illnesses in between, and so were we.  This is her third year and she's been mostly healthy.  Sick season didn't start til the end of November and has been more sporadic instead of constant so far.  I'm hoping she'll have fewer sick days when she starts official school since she's been exposed to so much.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My daughter's first two years at daycare she was basically sick from October to May with some more isolated illnesses in between, and so were we.  This is her third year and she's been mostly healthy.  Sick season didn't start til the end of November and has been more sporadic instead of constant so far.  I'm hoping she'll have fewer sick days when she starts official school since she's been exposed to so much.

Our daughter just started part-time daycare last week and I’m dreadingggg the illnesses. So much so that I feel like we’ll have a low threshold to pull her out if it gets too excessive (we’re in a privileged position where we have alternative options). Also thinking about TTC #2 soon and scared of being sick for the whole pregnancy too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Giraffe said:

And that's if it's actually the flu and not a covid variant she's calling the flu. 

If she had a high risk OBGYN appointment this past week and went, couldn't they have done a test and confirmed that it was the flu? She did mention her doctor in the story, so I wonder if she went in for her high risk appointment. She's supposed to be going every two weeks. Has been since like October, I think.

ETA: She didn't mention being induced in a couple of weeks till yesterday, so I think she did drag herself out of bed at least to go to her OBGYN last week and that is when they told her that they wanted to induce in a couple of weeks.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2

She wasn't too sick to do a very white photo shoot of her and her baby bump out in the snow this week. White bodysuit? Leggings and sweater? Form-fitting dress? I have no idea what her outfit was, other than white. Out in the cold, full make up. I wish I had more empathy for her, but I don't.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Looks like a dress. That leaves nothing to the imagination.

image.png.435af438b61ac0a5d6af1f822e3abad5.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 8
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Just catching up on this thread. Did they have a gender reveal yet?

They're waiting until the baby's born to find out.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

If she loves showing off her body after growing up in extreme purity culture, I say good for her. But I do wonder what her parents think. They would never say anything publicly of course. They pretend like they have a perfect happy family. But I would love to hear what Gil and Kelly have to say about a picture like that in the privacy of their own home. My own mom is religious but not fundie. However I know she would comment on a dress like that. Probably something like, when I was pregnant, we wore tents in order to hide our bumps. Now it’s the opposite. And my mom isn’t wrong. The early 80’s maternity fashion was tent like. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

They're waiting until the baby's born to find out.

I know people have mixed feelings about guessing the gender based on mom's appearance, but... Judging by the pic, I'm saying girl. To me, her face says girl.

• Upvote 1

yikes that dress! I'm bothered that it looks like a big cheap thin sock.  Or that fake spider web stuff.

----

I work with kids. MANY people have said "oh after the 1st year you don't get sick as much"

Nope, 10+ years in and the only years I was healthy were during covid. I didn't get sick for about 2 years. It was amazing. I'm now working one on one with kids in a private clinic instead of schools and I've gotten sick *less* than before but the clinic is where covid finally found me. Although that was probably more my covid-idiot co workers, some who are deniers and some who are just careless and dumb.  I have asthma now - after getting bronchitis and pneumonia and bronchitis over and over one year when working in the schools.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

No panty lines lololol. Why does it look like she got her lips pumped up ala Kylie Jenner?

• Upvote 6