IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 9

Coconut Flan

It will be a large baby boy and the big size will be taken as an evidence of manliness. They will be obnoxious about the absolute differences between him and the girls. Same as Alyssa, just a bit more trendy.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of things from an IG Q&A Josie did:

Since their businesses have grown and are doing better, they both will be taking more time off for parental leave.

They want to move. They are looking but aren't rushing. Said that the baby can stay with them in their bedroom till they move. They don't want to move right after the baby is born like they did with Willow

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 9

10 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

A couple of things from an IG Q&A Josie did:

Since their businesses have grown and are doing better, they both will be taking more time off for parental leave.

They want to move. They are looking but aren't rushing. Said that the baby can stay with them in their bedroom till they move. They don't want to move right after the baby is born like they did with Willow

They completely gutted their current house just a couple years ago. Why do that when you're also actively trying to have more kids and you know this will make you outgrow your house?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

They completely gutted their current house just a couple years ago. Why do that when you're also actively trying to have more kids and you know this will make you outgrow your house?

I admit I think it’s seems like a huge hassle to constantly sell and buy a new house every 3-6 years. I’ve known people with young kids who do this. My cousin did it and I was like, “omg that sounds so stressful.” When I was growing up, it was pretty rare for families to do that. If someone moved, it was because their dad got a new job and they had to move far away. Most people I knew lived in the same house for most of their childhood. Even though my parents were divorced, I lived in only their two houses my entire childhood. They didn’t sell until after they had an empty nest. We’ve lived in our house since 2010. We will probably live here until my youngest graduates. I know people in my neighborhood who have moved into bigger homes in the same neighborhood. But I’m just not willing to do that. It’s too much of a hassle. I would rather just make do in our smallish house. All the houses in my neighborhood are old. There are no McMansions but there are actual very old mansions. No thanks. They are beautiful but expensive to buy and expensive to maintain.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I think it’s seems like a huge hassle to constantly sell and buy a new house every 3-6 years. I’ve known people with young kids who do this. My cousin did it and I was like, “omg that sounds so stressful.” When I was growing up, it was pretty rare for families to do that. If someone moved, it was because their dad got a new job and they had to move far away. Most people I knew lived in the same house for most of their childhood. Even though my parents were divorced, I lived in only their two houses my entire childhood. They didn’t sell until after they had an empty nest. We’ve lived in our house since 2010. We will probably live here until my youngest graduates. I know people in my neighborhood who have moved into bigger homes in the same neighborhood. But I’m just not willing to do that. It’s too much of a hassle. I would rather just make do in our smallish house. All the houses in my neighborhood are old. There are no McMansions but there are actual very old mansions. No thanks. They are beautiful but expensive to buy and expensive to maintain.

100 percent.  We bought our 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, finished Cape in 1994 and are still in it.  It was in a brand-new small cul-de-sac subdivision and we paid 115K for it.   We are the original and only owners.  We have improved the property through the years-vinyl siding, vinyl replacement windows, widened the driveway, carpet/floor upgrades, bathroom redo, deck remodel, adding central air, a fence, and a shed.  If we were to sell now, I know we could get at least three times what we paid for it. 

There are six houses on my little street and all original six homeowners still own and occupy them-with the exception of one, who still owns but rents to a relative.   We thought about moving multiple times but now that my son has moved out and bought a home of his own, the house is perfectly fine for the two of us. It's a fairly quiet neighborhood and relatively safe compared to the rest of the city.  So there's really no problem with staying put.     

And the best part of all....it's paid for and we own it free and clear.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

100 percent.  We bought our 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, finished Cape in 1994 and are still in it.  It was in a brand-new small cul-de-sac subdivision and we paid 115K for it.   We are the original and only owners.  We have improved the property through the years-vinyl siding, vinyl replacement windows, widened the driveway, carpet/floor upgrades, bathroom redo, deck remodel, adding central air, a fence, and a shed.  If we were to sell now, I know we could get at least three times what we paid for it. 

There are six houses on my little street and all original six homeowners still own and occupy them-with the exception of one, who still owns but rents to a relative.   We thought about moving multiple times but now that my son has moved out and bought a home of his own, the house is perfectly fine for the two of us. It's a fairly quiet neighborhood and relatively safe compared to the rest of the city.  So there's really no problem with staying put.     

And the best part of all....it's paid for and we own it free and clear.  

My neighbors next door bought around the time you did. I believe they moved in around 1993. They ended up having 5 kids. Their house is similar in size to ours so I always figured if they could raise 5 kids in their house, we can raise 2 just fine in ours. And since they don’t live in a giant house, it’s still ok size wise for them even though almost all the kids moved out and live on their own. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

So Josie had a girls gingerbread and PJ party for her besties with quite the layout and menu as a good influencer would.

I know that Kelton has a good job and she has her shop, but lordy, the size of the prime rib roast she cooks to serve is insane (yes, I I know there will be leftovers.) However, I know one this size would cost a few hundred $$$ in Canada, does anyone have a clue how much in the US? No chicken or chuck roast for her and her 6 besties!

Spoiler

image.png.4f3be6d59645a25d0e3a8acf20c81131.png

image.png.b871d211ef8960475fb9f7dc63feb7b6.png

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

So Josie had a girls gingerbread and PJ party for her besties with quite the layout and menu as a good influencer would.

I know that Kelton has a good job and she has her shop, but lordy, the size of the prime rib roast she cooks to serve is insane (yes, I I know there will be leftovers.) However, I know one this size would cost a few hundred $$$ in Canada, does anyone have a clue how much in the US? No chicken or chuck roast for her and her 6 besties!

Hide contents

image.png.4f3be6d59645a25d0e3a8acf20c81131.png

image.png.b871d211ef8960475fb9f7dc63feb7b6.png

The Bates daughters live very differently than how they grew up. That’s for sure. 

• Upvote 9

My neighbor made prime rib for our Christmas block party last week and it was delicious. We never make that at home and it’s not something I would order at a restaurant. But I find a big slab of red meat an interesting choice for a bunch of 20 something women who probably try to stick to very healthy diets.

• Upvote 3

The grocery store Publix has had standing rib roast on sale for $6.99/pound (huge sale), limit two, for the past two sale cycles. The current sale would make it a much more affordable option than it normally is. Publix is in Tennessee. I live in a different state with Publix, but I'm assuming other Publix stores have this standing rib roast deal. I'm not sure how long Publix has had this sale before on standing rib roast before Christmas, but it's been for the past few years at least. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Is prime rib the meat that looks undone when it's done...🤔

Very possible. A meat thermometer is the best way to gauge actual temperature, and my crowd prefers medium rare which may look undercooked to those that prefer well done. I just had this conversation tonight, and may invite some friends for Christmas dinner, and they prefer their meat well done, so I'll have to cut the meat ahead of time, so I can do medium rare for my family (our preference) and well done for our guests (their preference). I'm planning to making standing rib roast that is on such a great sale at Publix. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
Added last sentence
  • Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, ifosterkittens said:

The grocery store Publix has had standing rib roast on sale for $6.99/pound (huge sale), limit two, for the past two sale cycles. The current sale would make it a much more affordable option than it normally is. Publix is in Tennessee. I live in a different state with Publix, but I'm assuming other Publix stores have this standing rib roast deal. I'm not sure how long Publix has had this sale before on standing rib roast before Christmas, but it's been for the past few years at least. 

Ralph's does in SoCal and my daughter always buys two.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I don’t eat red meat so forgive the stupid question but what is the difference between standing side rib and prime rib? 

I had to google and this is a direct quote from the website Woodenskillet: "So what is the big difference between these two steak cut options? Alright, prime rib and ribeye roast are essentially the same primal cut of beef. The main difference between these cuts of beef are that you will typically find prime rib cooked with the bone-in (also called a bone-in ribeye) and a boneless version of prime rib will be labeled as a ribeye roast. You may also see these labeled as a standing rib roast, boneless prime rib, or boneless rib roast." 

• Thank You 4

I've cooked two standing rib roasts.  One I purchased and my husband picked up a last minute shift at work that Xmas so it was cold by the time he got home and he didn't like it.  This was a dramatic cooking where it was smokey and I was climbing furniture to punch the smoke detector that was screaming "fire! evaculate the building!" in our apartment.  The dog and I split it and she had epic diarrhea. 

The second time, about 4 years later, I overcooked it and idk how to describe the slicing job my husband did other than "batshit crazy" so it was with the grain in weird chunks and not delicious.  I will never drop that kind of money on a roast again.  They are pretty delicious if done right, though.

• Upvote 4

We always do a Prime Rib for Christmas dinner. Around here, it the mid grade (choice) goes on sale for about $5 a pound. I try to find a Prime cut, but we sometimes just get the choice as I never have the time to order one in or go to the butchers shop to get one. We don't eat a ton of red meat in general, but I love prime rib with a lot of cream horseradish. 

• Upvote 4

My hubs and I don’t really eat red meat. Partly because we def would not cook it right hahaha 

My family Christmas Eve dinner is a potluck this year, and I offered to bring tofu ham to try something different, and I felt confident I could cook it well. My family thought I was joking and quickly trashed that idea. 🫣

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

@Keys we used to do a lot of potlucks during my rotations year in vet school and I would always ask if people had any allergies, and then make vegan stuffed shells with tofu ricotta.  I didn't disclose the ingredients until people were eating them and it used to absolutely floor the diehard farm kids who wouldn't be caught dead eating tofu.  It was just so tasty and light, though, they would finish their plate.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@Keys we used to do a lot of potlucks during my rotations year in vet school and I would always ask if people had any allergies, and then make vegan stuffed shells with tofu ricotta.  I didn't disclose the ingredients until people were eating them and it used to absolutely floor the diehard farm kids who wouldn't be caught dead eating tofu.  It was just so tasty and light, though, they would finish their plate.

Oh I believe it! I think a lot of vegetarian/vegan alternatives are delicious, and some people don’t expect it haha. My hubs couldn’t believe a burger had a seed patty at one of our local vegetarian places. He said it was so delicious he wouldn’t have thought it wasn’t meat. Now that we’ve been eating this way for awhile, I’ve actually become turned off by meat/find it generally unappetizing now, surprisingly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Keys said:

Oh I believe it! I think a lot of vegetarian/vegan alternatives are delicious, and some people don’t expect it haha. My hubs couldn’t believe a burger had a seed patty at one of our local vegetarian places. He said it was so delicious he wouldn’t have thought it wasn’t meat. Now that we’ve been eating this way for awhile, I’ve actually become turned off by meat/find it generally unappetizing now, surprisingly. 

I'm vegetarian, but wasn't a particularly good cook till I had a vegan period. I'm back to just vegetarian now, but cook almost only from scratch (huge sigh -- I like eating healthy, tasty food but don't love being in the kitchen lol). If anyone wants veg recipes or pointers, I am very happy to help. You guys are the best.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dbm said:

Y'all I need someone to go and listen to Josie's last story, did Kelton say that's a big boy/ the big boy ? 

I dont know why people think there lying about not knowing the. gender, who cares.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

The top pic looks like a clone of hazel (is that the youngest one)?  But I can also see willow in the baby too  well now that I look at it again maybe it’s willows clone??!!! IMG_9940.thumb.png.ccec4d0e3ce303dab85a0156366ac084.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I swear all their kids will look exactly alike no matter what. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6